Sorry, I may know what is going on...
First, the correct response to your command is NOT "#OK" as I mentionned above, but "S5DISPINFO,DUR2250,POS70,STATUS2"
I noticed that If I send the command while a song is already playing, my infoline (DISPINFO) can go blank in some (unclear) cases
If I then press Pause on the panel, the correct data shows again as well as when I press Play. (Both activate PortCallback.vb
code calling the Play/Pause Events and finally running SendMetadata.vb
to update the display)
What may be happening is that the *DISPINFO command is sent with impossible data?
- Possibly because Duration is set to 0 or inconsistent “Duration” in some other way
This could happen if:
- Duration is 0 when the trigger launches the event. —> goes blank
(possibly when Duration < Position? ...have not tested)
- the CCA Title event triggers several times. This is an issue with the plug-in that I tried to moderate by checking if the “nuvotitle” global variable really changes.
-> Try modifying the Event "CCA Title" to trigger on Duration instead of Image or Title (changes). Not ideal for radio stations, but test with Spotify.
- After another test, I am back to thinking that there is/was also a unicode problem with the quotation marks. Replace them with your own machine's quotation marks so that they are read correctly.
- the following works: "hs.SendToComPort(5, "*S1DISPInfo," & 2250 & "," & 700 & ",2" & Chr(13)). --- No matter when I run it. (sent to the com port through a manual event running "Execute immediate script command")
But, if Duration is set to 0, I get a blank display....