Nuvo G Concerto, Essentia, MPS4, ... Integration, modernization and preservation - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 92Likes

post #571 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 04:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 26
V3

Experiment on V1:

I disconnected all other cables except for the one to COM2.
--> NuvoBridge/Nuvonet works fine

I moved the cable from COM2 to COM1
--> NuvoBridge/Nuvonet works fine

I swapped the two front panel USB connections (USB for Atterotech + USB for front panel socket), i.e. moving from one header to another.
--> Attero Tech reinstalls fine.

The Nuvo card must always be connected to power (red&black cable).

Conclusions:
- ANY mobo with a RS232 serial header and a USB will connect to the NuVo Card and probably work!
- If the MMSe has a RS232 serial connection, it can talk with the Nuvo Card as an NV-NNA that it actually is. If it does, is another question...
- The choice of mobo is now quite mechanical: how much sawing in the back panel do you need/want to do.
- Any USB sound card can be installed if someone wants to push the HiFi dimension.
- Also, the MCS can handle afaik an unlimited amount of output channels if you have the horsepower...

For V1, it is not clear that there is an upgrade path for the D945GSEJT board without sawing. Please help me find one!
For V2, the PD10Bi and PD10Ri look like decent choices without sawing.

Wow!

Caveat: the V2 has a strange connection for Attero. Wonder why? USB 3.0?
- for anyone with an open V2, try moving the Attero plug to the free black USB header immediately next to the one attached to the front panel cable (also black). Check pin order.
Figure 1, page 15, headers "T": https://www.intel.com/content/dam/su...prodspec09.pdf

Last edited by Bobone; 12-03-2019 at 02:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 09:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello, Long-time lurker, first-time poster. I have a MPS4-V2, and I tried the Windows 7 and 5.3 upgrade last night. Spotify works great, and it's nice to have Airplay natively available instead of using a separate source and Airplay server! I am, however having problems with two streaming providers: TuneIn radio is not showing up under the "Radio" sub-menu, even though I have enabled it in both the config page, the config applet, and it is not listed as an excluded source in the xml file. I'm also having problems streaming SiriusXM radio - I get a message saying "Please Wait - Tuning", then it eventually times out after several minutes. I have checked and double checked my credentials, and those seem to be entered properly.

Has anyone who has updated to 5.3 tried using SiriusXM or TuneIn as streaming sources? Any success? Any ideas on what could be the problem?
Bobone likes this.
post #573 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 11:45 AM - Thread Starter

Welcome! TuneIn works fine for me. It needs VLC, but I think it appears even w/o.
Sorry, no good ideas as you have tested many areas. They worked with 5.0? Tried reinstalling/repairing (remove xml first)?
BTW, is your V2 still open? Pls try the test above when you get your radios to work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Bob,

You did the same testing I was planning on doing later on this week. Great results.

So basically, the serial port is for the NuvoNet. The USB is for sound (anything else)?

I was wondering why V2 used some sort of adapter board to go from mpcie to what looked like USB when there was a USB header available on the board. Worse case you could move that over to an mpcie port on the new board and should be good.

Regarding the MMSe - does anyone have access to one? What OS is it running (which version of linux)? Where would one get the software from? Do you think our license would work (assuming its installed on the same board)?
Bobone likes this.
post #575 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 02:23 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapped View Post
So basically, the serial port is for the NuvoNet. The USB is for sound (anything else)?
Basically, yes!
There is also the "front panel header" (fig 15) for power and drive activity that is somehow connected to both the Nuvocard and power button, and another cable from the Nuvo Card to the front panel LEDs showing active outputs, NuvoNet and serial connection from the Nuvo card and relaying drive activity from the first cable. None appear critical. A third cable merely connects a board USB header to the front panel USB socket.

It is not unrealistic that the license works given the vested infrastructure that they have for authorization, and assuming a common code base and board. But who knows?!
Borrowing a MMSe and connecting to a serial port on the board would be great, or maybe there is an active port 5006 and you do a serial-to-telnet bridge via a PC or RPi. In any case we need to trick the MMS to talk Nuvo protocol. This is the largest hurdle from a GC perspective...
http://kb.autonomic-controls.com/kb/...ry&EntryID=186

Last edited by Bobone; 12-03-2019 at 05:33 PM.
post #576 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 03:09 PM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Coyle View Post
Has anyone who has updated to 5.3 tried using SiriusXM or TuneIn as streaming sources? Any success? Any ideas on what could be the problem?

I use TuneIn frequently, and to add to what Bobone says, it's possible that an improper VLC installation is the culprit. I'd predict that the tuneIn and Sirius issues may be caused by a similar problem, and to find it, you may need to reboot and examine the Autonomic log files,which are quite extensive. The VLC problem was only discovered after scrutinizing every line of the log files, but you can do a search to see if/when it comes up. If there are startup problems with finding needed resources like VLC, it will show up in the log files on a re-start. Even if your credentials are correct, the installation and permissions on your machine may not be, and there's no messagebox that pops up to tell you - it just stops working.

Sirius might also be something new which we haven't seen before, because I don't think anyone has experimented with it until now. Again, the likely remedy is to search the logfiles (in the AppData folder, which you may have to "un-hide") to see what happens when you startup and when you try and connect.
post #577 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Great input. Have a look at the installation log as well as it has explicit warnings. I know that at installation a VLC version check is performed.

Last edited by Bobone; 12-03-2019 at 03:27 PM.
post #578 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 06:08 PM

Yes! That worked! I’m slightly embarrassed to admit that I forgot to install VLC. The installer icon in the desktop looks just like the program shortcut icon! Thanks!

Unfortunately it’s all buttoned up and back in the rack, so I can’t check switching the COM port....
Bobone likes this.
post #579 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Gracenote running wild?

I decided to try to fill up my new 1tb drive on the MPS4 a little bit. I dropped roughly 7,800 mp3s into the D:\Content\Music folder. All of these mp3s have id tags that are fully populated and 99% have embedded cover art in each file. For some reason the server has been trying to scan all of these files for days now. AhEhSvr is pegging the CPU at 100%, slowly using up all the memory, and then crashing. There is a fair about of https traffic going to what I presume is Gracenote's server (it has an ec2 aws domain). I am able to play music, but the server is slow to respond and skips quite a bit when playing. Is there anything that can be configured to modify this behavior? Here are some of the relevant log file entries:

MAD:FFMDT:UHE:Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown.
2019-12-03 23:53:06,365 [59] DEBUG Ssdp [(null)] - SSDP:AS:UHE:The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found
2019-12-03 23:53:06,365 [20] DEBUG ManifestSync [(null)] - MSDA:MAW:ALBUM:Vienna Master Series (Johann Sebastian Bach)
2019-12-03 23:53:06,376 [49] DEBUG MediaArtData [(null)] - MAD:FFMDT:108095: D:\Content\Music\import Data\c68c\610f8ed37463b5db9335b2f561d40003.mp3
2019-12-03 23:53:06,828 [49] DEBUG MediaArtData [(null)] - MAD:FFMDT:108095: D:\Content\Music\import Data\c68c\610f8ed37463b5db9335b2f561d40009.mp3
2019-12-03 23:53:06,832 [5] DEBUG MediaArtData [(null)] - MAD:FFMDT:333956: D:\Content\Music\import Data\1c6e\e3afafee9ad9df15a63a0eb520300005.mp3
2019-12-03 23:53:06,910 [20] DEBUG GracenoteMDProvider [(null)] - GMDP:IF:ART:NONE:Vienna Master Series (Johann Sebastian Bach)
2019-12-03 23:53:06,937 [5] DEBUG MediaArtData [(null)] - MAD:FFMDT:333956: D:\Content\Music\import Data\1c6e\e3afafee9ad9df15a63a0eb520300007.mp3
2019-12-03 23:53:06,937 [7] DEBUG MediaArtData [(null)] - MAD:FFMDT:136726: D:\Content\Music\import Data\b331\9aee6d04fd553347fd109e750f2f0001.mp3
2019-12-03 23:53:06,949 [49] DEBUG MediaArtData [(null)] - MAD:FFMDT:353185: D:\Content\Music\import Data\3fa5\f39b9271039c8bdec79df8ce828f0001.mp3

My semi-dedicated theater: The EXASCALE CINEMA

Last edited by AlienWarlock; 12-03-2019 at 11:19 PM. Reason: trimmed log file output
post #580 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWarlock View Post
I decided to try to fill up my new 1tb drive on the MPS4 a little bit. I dropped roughly 7,800 mp3s into the D:\Content\Music folder. All of these mp3s have id tags that are fully populated and 99% have embedded cover art in each file. For some reason the server has been trying to scan all of these files for days now. AhEhSvr is pegging the CPU at 100%, slowly using up all the memory, and then crashing. There is a fair about of https traffic going to what I presume is Gracenote's server (it has an ec2 aws domain). I am able to play music, but the server is slow to respond and skips quite a bit when playing. Is there anything that can be configured to modify this behavior? Here are some of the relevant log file entries:

Prior to starting the MMS, use Bliss: https://www.blisshq.com/

Worth every cent. It will still take a while,but it does a bang-up job getting the mp3 Metadata right.
post #581 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 08:27 PM - Thread Starter

There is an option to turn on/off gracenote on port 23
Also, some sort of key is among /keys that you could remove
Maybe turning off for a while and chunking the files could help
The MCS will produce many many images for every track as each track is categorized in albums, artists, composer, genre. Somewhere you can toggle for a text banner as well. Add to that potentially two different resolutions. Understanding images and playlists among the databases almost drove me nuts.

Last edited by Bobone; 12-04-2019 at 03:15 AM.
post #582 of 599 Old 12-03-2019, 11:13 PM

I think I might have figured it out. I had a sync program (Kaleidescape Conductor) running for another device to bring mp3s over to the MusicPort that was writing a .dat file to D:\Content\Music fairly regularly even when it was idle. I think MCS is monitoring the folder for any changes and this triggers a re-scan of all of the media even if it is not an mp3 file that was changed. Once I stopped this other program, MCS settled down after a few minutes. Everything is finally behaving like it should be.
Bobone likes this.

post #583 of 599 Old 12-05-2019, 05:18 AM - Thread Starter

V3 and new DAC?

V3 will probably be my Christmas project. Hopefully the ideal mobo choice will be clearer by then.

What I do not understand is how good DAC we have and if it is worth to upgrade?

I have not found any audio specs for either V1 and V2, which is a little suspicious. Googling Attero Tech Matchbox did not help either.
A new Attero product has these specs: "44.1/48kHz sample rates are supported on the USB input, and 48kHz sample rate on the Dante input. Bit depth is 16 bits, with full asynchronous sample rate conversion between USB and the Dante network"

Autonomic specify the following output:
  • MMS-2: Processor Realtek ALC662 5.1 Channel HD Digital-to-Analog Conversion 24-bit / 96kHz
  • MMS-5: Intel 82801JR high-definition audio Digital-to-Analog Conversion 24-bit / 192kHz
  • MMS-2A: Processor Realtek ALC662 5.1 Channel HD Digital-to-Analog Conversion 24-bit / 96kHz
  • MMS-5A: ALC892 high-definition audio Digital-to-Analog Conversion High Resolution 24-bit/192 kHz
  • MMS-1e: 44.1/48/96/192 kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit resolution
Those specifications are also confusing as some appear to mix codecs with main board processors, etc...

Most interesting was to read this in a MMS manual:
"Bit Depth And Sample Rate Resolution: You can set the bit depth and sample rate of the digital audio outputs to values from 16-bit/44 kHz, all the way up to 24-bit/192 kHz on the MMS·5A and 24-bit/96kHz on the MMS·2. You should set this value to the highest setting that your amplifier or AV receiver can support. If you’re unsure of the highest supported bit depth and sample rate on your equipment, the MMS will play a sample sound in each speaker whenever you change this setting. If you hear the test tone, your amplifier supports that setting. If you do not hear a test tone, lower this setting until you can hear the test signal."

Going back to Windows playback device sound configuration, I could see that the the Attero was set to 16 bit @ 48 kHz (V1 and V2). No possibility to change it.

The question remains if it is worth while to add a new USB DAC output to the existing Attero outputs?

1) Will our GC digital amplifier be able to handle higher precision?
- I have found no specs for the Nuvo GC, but FLAC files are max 24bit @ 192kHz and the Nuvo MPS4 is specified for them.

2) Pragmatically, my main source is Spotify with 320kb/s.
- This is not my turf, but 16*48*2 = 1536 > 320: not worth to change?

My conclusion at this point is:
- Our 5.3 sw will be able to provide high resolution audio to any DAC if necessary (max 24bit @ 192kHz)
- Tidal is apparently at 1411kb/s (16*44*2) and still within our limits
- MPS4 specification for FLAC seems a bit shaky as the Attero can only deliver 16bits @ 48kHz, well below what is assumed to be FLAC today. (I never tried reducing the number of outputs to see if it made a difference.)

=> I don't need a new DAC for now.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
Further reading:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/is-t...t-dacs.806705/
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img-what-is-high-resolution-audio-3-uk.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	2649672  

Last edited by Bobone; 12-05-2019 at 03:18 PM.
post #584 of 599 Old 12-05-2019, 11:30 PM

In my opinion, our Nuvo GC/Essentia systems and the MPS4 were designed for more of a background music or casual listening type of a setup. The real MMS servers from autonomic have a little bit better onboard DAC (still mostly realtek though) and also give you the option to use an external high quality DAC and provide user friendly configuration options to max out the bitrate sent to it. In that use case I think they are targeting users that have setup a listening room with a nice 2 channel amplifier and 2 high quality speakers.

So you could try a PCI sound card (less latency issues there that inherent with USB) with a high quality DAC or digital out (although fitting it in the chassis will be difficult). But will you be able to notice an improvement going through the GC amplifier and typical in ceiling speakers? I would say probably not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
V3 will probably be my Christmas project. Hopefully the ideal mobo choice will be clearer by then.

What I do not understand is how good DAC we have and if it is worth to upgrade?

I have not found any audio specs for either V1 and V2, which is a little suspicious. Googling Attero Tech Matchbox did not help either.
A new Attero product has these specs: "44.1/48kHz sample rates are supported on the USB input, and 48kHz sample rate on the Dante input. Bit depth is 16 bits, with full asynchronous sample rate conversion between USB and the Dante network"

Autonomic specify the following output:
  • MMS-2: Processor Realtek ALC662 5.1 Channel HD Digital-to-Analog Conversion 24-bit / 96kHz
  • MMS-5: Intel 82801JR high-definition audio Digital-to-Analog Conversion 24-bit / 192kHz
  • MMS-2A: Processor Realtek ALC662 5.1 Channel HD Digital-to-Analog Conversion 24-bit / 96kHz
  • MMS-5A: ALC892 high-definition audio Digital-to-Analog Conversion High Resolution 24-bit/192 kHz
  • MMS-1e: 44.1/48/96/192 kHz at 16-bit or 24-bit resolution
Those specifications are also confusing as some appear to mix codecs with main board processors, etc...

Most interesting was to read this in a MMS manual:
"Bit Depth And Sample Rate Resolution: You can set the bit depth and sample rate of the digital audio outputs to values from 16-bit/44 kHz, all the way up to 24-bit/192 kHz on the MMS·5A and 24-bit/96kHz on the MMS·2. You should set this value to the highest setting that your amplifier or AV receiver can support. If you’re unsure of the highest supported bit depth and sample rate on your equipment, the MMS will play a sample sound in each speaker whenever you change this setting. If you hear the test tone, your amplifier supports that setting. If you do not hear a test tone, lower this setting until you can hear the test signal."

Going back to Windows playback device sound configuration, I could see that the the Attero was set to 16 bit @ 48 kHz (V1 and V2). No possibility to change it.

The question remains if it is worth while to add a new USB DAC output to the existing Attero outputs?

1) Will our GC digital amplifier be able to handle higher precision?
- I have found no specs for the Nuvo GC, but FLAC files are max 24bit @ 192kHz and the Nuvo MPS4 is specified for them.

2) Pragmatically, my main source is Spotify with 320kb/s.
- This is not my turf, but 16*48*2 = 1536 > 320: not worth to change?

My conclusion at this point is:
- Our 5.3 sw will be able to provide high resolution audio to any DAC if necessary (max 24bit @ 192kHz)
- Tidal is apparently at 1411kb/s (16*44*2) and still within our limits
- MPS4 specification for FLAC seems a bit shaky as the Attero can only deliver 16bits @ 48kHz, well below what is assumed to be FLAC today. (I never tried reducing the number of outputs to see if it made a difference.)

=> I don't need a new DAC for now.

Any thoughts? Am I missing something?
Further reading:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/is-t...t-dacs.806705/
Bobone likes this.

Last edited by AlienWarlock; 12-05-2019 at 11:34 PM.
post #585 of 599 Old 12-06-2019, 09:22 PM

All this talk of reviving the MPS4 has me rethinking my system. What would be the easiest way to have my Nuvo system control my AV receiver? For example, when Zone 1 is turned on, turn on AV receiver, change source on receiver, set volume to X. When Zone 1 is turned off, change source to some default, set volume back to some default, turn off receiver.

Most of the Nuvo IR protocol stuff I’ve read seems to be source oriented instead of zone oriented.

I have a Nuvo Essentia, MPS-4 v2 (not elite) w/ win 7 and 3.5 upgrade, and the AV receiver is a Denon AVR-3400X. Control options for the Denon are IR, telnet, or serial. I’d say I’m 8/10 regarding technical proficiency. I’m an engineer, but not a programmer or electronics engineer.

Ideas? Possible?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #586 of 599 Old 12-06-2019, 10:15 PM

You don't need an MPS4 to do this (although it will work fine with an MPS4). The Essentia broadcasts status updates on its serial port when things change. For example when I turn on zone 1, the following message is broadcast: "#Z1,ON,SRC2,VOL70,DND0,LOCK0". It is saying that Zone 1 turned on, Source is 2, Volume is 70, etc. I use a Raspberry pi with a USB to serial adapter running the Openhab home automation server to control my Nuvo system (and lots of other stuff in my house). Once you figure out how it all works, it is fairly straightforward to make a rule that monitors the serial port output of the Nuvo and triggers an action when a certain thing happens. Telnet or HTTP actions are very trivial to implement. Serial commands to another device will require another USB to serial adapter. IR output is it little bit trickier in that it requires a little bit of hardware to send IR signals and a fair amount of tweaking to record and store the IR signals that you want to play back.
Bobone likes this.

post #587 of 599 Old 12-07-2019, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas Coyle View Post
All this talk of reviving the MPS4 has me rethinking my system. What would be the easiest way to have my Nuvo system control my AV receiver? For example, when Zone 1 is turned on, turn on AV receiver, change source on receiver, set volume to X. When Zone 1 is turned off, change source to some default, set volume back to some default, turn off receiver.

Most of the Nuvo IR protocol stuff I’ve read seems to be source oriented instead of zone oriented.

Just to add some more ideas to AlienWarlock's input -

The "Grand" line has IR outputs in the back of the Amp that are used for *some* of these things - you hook them up to your receiver IR input, and program on/off/volume forward/backward via the configurator, by setting the appropriate type. I've never used it, so I have no idea how well it works, but that is the original idea.

Rolling your own is fairly straightforward, as AlienWarlock suggests.Id even venture to say that it's about as easy as it's going to get, because the API is so simple.

As for integration, I'm still a proponent of Homeseer, because it has so, so many add-ons, including a Denon control for $29. We've already written and posted some basic NuVo API stuff, so most of the heavy lifting is done - all you'd have to to is glue the two together through a some events and maybe some scripting. Better yet, if the Denon API provides metadata from the receiver, it's a straightforward insert to put it in the outbound queue and have it update the Nuvo keypads.
Bobone likes this.
post #588 of 599 Old 12-07-2019, 11:45 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, I am new this. I have just purchased a new property which has got a Nuvo MPS4 system with GC.
I can play music installed by the previous owner from the Key pads and also using the nuvo music app, which I have just installed. However I do not have the music port sync tool, I have tried to download it but it does not appear when searching for it on the internet?
Any ideas how I can obtain it?
I have purchased the streaming device Chrome cast audio to stream Spotify but I cannot see this on the GC when placed in source 1 on the GC, although I can see it via WiFi using iPhone and iPad, it looks like it has installed correctly using the chrome cast app, any advice on this?

I have read through the posts on the thread, if I cannot obtain the music sync tool does this mean I will not be able to add to the music already installed by the previous owner?
post #589 of 599 Old 12-07-2019, 03:51 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Carol!

I suggest we take one step at a time:

A) Your MP3s:
You will find the sync tool here: http://music-port/Config/Content.aspx or http://ipaddress/Config/Content.aspx where ipaddress = the ipaddress of the mps4

I am not sure that it works so well, but give it a try. I remember it draining my host computer, so I had to uninstall it.

An alternative is therefore to drop the files directly in the right directory.
To do so, you need to hook up a screen & mouse or connect remotely.
Have a look at the "How-tos" of the first page and read post 493 to check your model.

Once you are inside you can insert a USB with your music and copy it to the right folder (on partition D, I believe).
Test with one or two songs first and see what happens.

B) Connecting Chromecast.
To amplify the CCA you need to connect it AND configure the GC to define it as a non-nuvonet source (initially). If you don't you will not be able to select it.
You will unfortunately need the GC Configurator and a usb serial adapter to program the GC. (or maybe just through the pads, don't remember, and it's a pain anyway. Check manual. Long-press to get access to greyed out menu items)
The GC Configurator is found somewhere on Legrand's site.

C) Spotify
Please have a thorough look at the first post summary and follow the links.
- it can be done in several different ways depending on what equipment you have, your requirements and skills.
- let's get back to this once you have passed A.
If you upgrade to the latest FW, you can skip directly to C)

Last edited by Bobone; 12-08-2019 at 06:07 AM.
post #590 of 599 Old 12-07-2019, 08:29 PM

As @Douglas Coyle pointed out, the Grand*'s IR outputs are source based and not zone based. The <<, >>, and Play/pause buttons on each keypad can be setup to send IR commands for a given source on its IR output port. The type of scenario described in the setup manual would be to control a source that used a CD player as the input. The buttons on the keypad would send IR signals to the CD player (Skip up/down etc.) when using the CD player source. For me, I have one source connected to the L/R audio out of my living room TV. So I can hear the TV in any room, but I mainly use it in the kitchen that can see the TV across the room. I have an IR blaster for that source stuck on the front of my Tivo. So when when the keypad is on the TV source and I press << or >>, it changes the channel on the Tivo and pressing Play/pause will pause live TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xs10shl View Post
The "Grand" line has IR outputs in the back of the Amp that are used for *some* of these things - you hook them up to your receiver IR input, and program on/off/volume forward/backward via the configurator, by setting the appropriate type. I've never used it, so I have no idea how well it works, but that is the original idea.

post #591 of 599 Old 12-07-2019, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienWarlock View Post
As @Douglas Coyle pointed out, the Grand*'s IR outputs are source based and not zone based. The <<, >>, and Play/pause buttons on each keypad can be setup to send IR commands for a given source on its IR output port. The type of scenario described in the setup manual would be to control a source that used a CD player as the input. The buttons on the keypad would send IR signals to the CD player (Skip up/down etc.) when using the CD player source. For me, I have one source connected to the L/R audio out of my living room TV. So I can hear the TV in any room, but I mainly use it in the kitchen that can see the TV across the room. I have an IR blaster for that source stuck on the front of my Tivo. So when when the keypad is on the TV source and I press << or >>, it changes the channel on the Tivo and pressing Play/pause will pause live TV.

Oops - you're correct, I totally forgot the config macros are attached to sources, and not zones.
post #592 of 599 Old 12-07-2019, 11:26 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks for all help peeps! I bought a iPhone 4s but unfortunately can’t download the Spotify app as it needs ios10... any work around?
post #593 of 599 Old 12-08-2019, 12:06 AM - Thread Starter

Try this tip and continue googling. You don't seem to be alone...
https://community.spotify.com/t5/iOS...4797502/page/2

Last edited by Bobone; 12-08-2019 at 06:12 AM.
post #594 of 599 Old 12-08-2019, 12:19 PM - Thread Starter

Hi @Douglas Coyle ,
Congrats to upgrading successfully!

I'm trying to figure out the most recommendable process and have two questions:
1) After Win7, did you first install 5.0 and then 5.35, or directly 5.35?
2) Did you use a copy of the license key from your old XPe installation for the new Win7 & 5.0, or did you wait until the key appeared automagically by itself (after a moment)?
- The reason I ask is that we are not sure that the installation does this nice trick anymore. A server may have been closed down since last year.

Thx,
Bob

Last edited by Bobone; 12-08-2019 at 12:22 PM.
post #595 of 599 Old 12-08-2019, 04:45 PM

[quote=Bobone;58931478]1) After Win7, did you first install 5.0 and then 5.35, or directly 5.35?[\QUOTE]
I installed 5.35 directly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobone View Post
2) Did you use a copy of the license key from your old XPe installation for the new Win7 & 5.0, or did you wait until the key appeared automagically by itself (after a moment)?
I copied the license file from the old HD and put it in the folder after the new installation completed. I seem to recall the config page saying that my installation was unlicensed before I did this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #596 of 599 Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
V3 ?
I am about to embark on repair and refresh journey . Thank you all for fantastic thread and work .
However the sticker on my unit states v3 not v1 or v2 . Can someone shed some light on what I will be dealing with please .
post #597 of 599 Old Yesterday, 07:23 AM - Thread Starter

Oops! I have no idea what a Nuvo sticker with V3 means. To me it meant a hw upgrade yet to be developed...
What does it say on the front and back panels. Compare with post 493.
How old is it?
post #598 of 599 Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
V3?
My bad it is:

MPS-4
MCU V0.30

4 years old
post #599 of 599 Old Today, 04:47 AM - Thread Starter

Then you should have no problem.
You can upgrade your original WinXPe directly,
or by first installing Win7 which is slightly better.
The HowTo's have hopefully become quite good by now.

Last edited by Bobone; Today at 07:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
essentia , grand concerto , mps4 , nuvo , nuvonet

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page