Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Nuvo/Alexa Integration

Encouraging to see this coming.

https://www.legrand.us/nuvo/alexa-vo...ted-audio.aspx

Quote:
COMING SOON - FILL YOUR HOME WITH MUSIC WITHOUT LIFTING A FINGER!
Experience the dynamic audio of Nuvo's Player Portfolio and the convenience of voice control from Amazon Alexa. To start listening, tell Alexa what you want to hear and where you want to listen, "Alexa, play Miles Davis on the patio." - it's that simple! See it in action at CEDIA, booth #4301.
Setup & FAQ:

https://www.legrand.us/-/media/brand...p-and-faq.ashx

Note Spotify is "coming soon." But again, happy to see this!

Matt

My Area: Samsung 75" Q9FN / Marantz NR1608 / Polk Signature S55 / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro | Living Room: Samsung UN55LS03N ("The Frame" 2018) | Family Room: Sony XBR-65X850E
Nuvo Player Portfolio Whole-Home Audio System (P4300, P200, P10 keypad, P30 tablet)
Xbox Live: oktober rust | PSN: oktoberrust11

Last edited by oktoberrust11; 08-23-2018 at 05:44 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 02-17-2019, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Matt ... I finally decided to set up Alexa with my Nuvo Player System, but no joy. I’ve set it up in the Nuvo app, connected via Artik, enabled the skill in the Alexa app and Alexa still doesn’t recognize anything about my Nuvo system.

I removed it and tried to setup again, but now setup fails after the redirect to Artik.

Should be easy.

We’re you able to make this work?
post #3 of 10 Old 02-23-2019, 11:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Liked: 900
I was able to get it to work... I'm only using one Player device. i had some trouble with the Artik stuff, too - don't remember what i did, but I already had a Samsung account beforehand and i know that was causing me grief...

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 Old 02-27-2019, 09:18 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

I was not able to get it to work. I tried a couple of times, had the same Artik back and forth, but ultimately it never worked. I have 3-zone player. It's been a month or so, I'll give it another shot.

Jeff good to know someone got it working.

My Area: Samsung 75" Q9FN / Marantz NR1608 / Polk Signature S55 / Xbox One X / PS4 Pro | Living Room: Samsung UN55LS03N ("The Frame" 2018) | Family Room: Sony XBR-65X850E
Nuvo Player Portfolio Whole-Home Audio System (P4300, P200, P10 keypad, P30 tablet)
post #5 of 10 Old 08-09-2019, 07:44 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

The Nuvo Portfolio app was updated yesterday, as Nuvo no longer uses the Samsung Artik platform for the Alexa integration. They have their own Legrand cloud platform called Eliot. i went through the setup for Alexa, and it works great now! Be sure to disable and re-enable the Nuvo Player skill in Alexa if you previously signed up with the Artik platform.

"Alexa, play Alt Nation on SiriusXM in Kitchen," "Alexa, turn up volume on Patio," etc all work great.

Matt

post #6 of 10 Old 08-15-2019, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by oktoberrust11 View Post
The Nuvo Portfolio app was updated yesterday, as Nuvo no longer uses the Samsung Artik platform for the Alexa integration.

Samsung cancelled Artik Cloud.... they kept Legrand accounts open for awhile until they could get their own platform online. This also affected the RF hub and WiFi based lighting controls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 10 Old 12-15-2019, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
The Nuvo Portfolio app was updated yesterday, as Nuvo no longer uses the Samsung Artik platform for the Alexa integration. They have their own Legrand cloud platform called Eliot. i went through the setup for Alexa, and it works great now! Be sure to disable and re-enable the Nuvo Player skill in Alexa if you previously signed up with the Artik platform.

"Alexa, play Alt Nation on SiriusXM in Kitchen," "Alexa, turn up volume on Patio," etc all work great.

Matt
Hi Matt,

New to the forum, I’ve been trying for two days now to get Nuvo to work with Alexa. When I go through the app Alexa is not listed in the services. It’s on the latest version, am I missing a step?
post #8 of 10 Old 12-16-2019, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiofr View Post
Hi Matt,

New to the forum, I’ve been trying for two days now to get Nuvo to work with Alexa. When I go through the app Alexa is not listed in the services. It’s on the latest version, am I missing a step?
I can't quite remember the steps, but I don't remember adding anything to the Nuvo app itself. Can you verify you have the Nuvo Player skill enabled in your Alexa app, and in the settings it is marked as "Linked?"

post #9 of 10 Old 12-16-2019, 11:11 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
I can't quite remember the steps, but I don't remember adding anything to the Nuvo app itself. Can you verify you have the Nuvo Player skill enabled in your Alexa app, and in the settings it is marked as "Linked?"
Hi Matt thanks for the reply.

According to Nuvo documents you must go into the nuvo app, go into settings, service, add service and select Aleax and this will take you to a setup for the cloud service for Nuvo.

In the Alexa app I have selected the Nuvo Player Skill but when trying to activate it says:

Make sure your Nuvo Player is set up, powered on and connected to the internet.
Follow the Alexa setup in your app to ensure your system is logged into Legrand Cloud. (I think this is where my issue could be as the app says not connected to cloud but I cant get it to connect).
To complete the setup of your Nuvo Player Alexa sill, you must link Alexa account with Legrand cloud.
Click "continue" below to be redirected to …………. Link

When I click this I am taken to Eliot, I log in get the standard accept or deny, click accept and I get the error "We are unable to link Nuvo Player at this time, please try again later.

I think the step for enabling the Alexa option in the Nuvo app is whats messing this up but I don't have an Alexa option.

Cant post a link as I only have 1 post lol
post #10 of 10 Old 12-16-2019, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Yea you're right, I do have Alexa added as one of my Services in the Nuvo app. I'm on software 2019.1.1. Sorry not sure why it's not showing up for you. Uninstall and reinstall the Nuvo Player app?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page