Pre-Construction WHA HELP!! - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 03-21-2019, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Pre-Construction WHA HELP!!

Hi, I am at pre construction in my home and want to run wire for in ceiling speakers, home theatre in the living room and surveillance cameras. I would place all equipment in a centralized location but have a few questions to see if its possible with my ideas and how it can be done.

I would like :

6 zones - 12 channels (AMPLIFIER 1)

- zone 1 - kitchen 2 in ceiling speakers

- zone 2 - dining room 2 in ceiling speakers

- zone 3 - patio 2 in ceiling speakers

- zone 4 - master bedroom 2 in ceiling speakers (to distribute audio from TV and music)

- zone 5 - master bathroom 2 in ceiling speakers

- zone 6 - bsmt 2 in ceiling speakers

(AMPLIFIER 2)

In the living room I would like a 5.1 setup with 2 in wall speakers, 1 center, 2 in ceiling surround speakers and 1 sub.
I would ideally have a seperate amplifier for the living room 5.1.

Now my question is, am I able to connect the 2 in ceiling speakers in the living room to the 5.1 amplifier (amplifier 1) and the other 6 zone 12 channel amplifier (amplifier 2) if so, how?

Another question,

Is there a setup for this that can be integrated into 1 app on a phone / tablet to control everything together

If possible any suggestions on hardware for this type of setup

I would like to be able to stream music from my phone to the speakers
I would also like to integrate an apple TV in the rack

I have attached a floor plan
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1.pdf (483.3 KB, 25 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 03-21-2019, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 10
For kitchens and bathrooms without TV's, or mostly used for music. I like using dual voice coil speakers, one speaker outputting left & right signals. Looks cleaner to me. For my kitchen, I've added an 8" in-celling sub (using separate amp from Monoprice)

Kitchen & master bath along with using wall mounted (Single gang) volume control knobs, I opted for in-celling IR (Single gang faceplate) repeater too. Just another wiring aspect to consider.

Your living room sub going into wall or sitting on floor, or inside a cabinet ?
post #3 of 5 Old 03-21-2019, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobr8ks View Post
For kitchens and bathrooms without TV's, or mostly used for music. I like using dual voice coil speakers, one speaker outputting left & right signals. Looks cleaner to me. For my kitchen, I've added an 8" in-celling sub (using separate amp from Monoprice)

Kitchen & master bath along with using wall mounted (Single gang) volume control knobs, I opted for in-celling IR (Single gang faceplate) repeater too. Just another wiring aspect to consider.

Your living room sub going into wall or sitting on floor, or inside a cabinet ?
I've heard that the sub's in the wall are pretty expensive and dont give that much output... so i've decided to just go with a traditional sub on the floor
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 03-22-2019, 11:39 AM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Would agree free standing subs outperform (Subjective with pros & cons) it's in-wall counterpart, wouldn't say expensive though if planed out and done yourself. The other factor would be if you're displaying amps alongside your TV inside some sort of entertainment cabinet thats deep to accommodate freestanding sub.

Read on if you're tech/computer savvy. I use these (flush into wall) 7" touch-screens powered by Linux (Some assembly required) that pull double duty as surveillance (POE 1080p sub stream) camera monitors (RTSP feed from NVR) and whole house music control. Stream from online or stored flac (SMB share) or simply use Air-Play from your phone. The screens use the HiFi Berry digi Toslink (PCM) sound cards plugged into some Monoprice toslink splitters feeding multiple amps.

Given your 3 levels and size of your home, are you planning on some celling mounted POE wifi access points ? Just another per-wire thought...

Last edited by Nobr8ks; 03-22-2019 at 11:48 AM.
post #5 of 5 Old 04-24-2019, 11:15 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres Martinez View Post
I've heard that the sub's in the wall are pretty expensive and dont give that much output... so i've decided to just go with a traditional sub on the floor
I am currently building a home and chose to build subwoofer boxes and mount them behind the walls in 3 different areas. You don't see the sub or the box, you only see a vent covering up the port of the box. This was very simple to do and turned out to easily be the best sound i could have imagined at a cost of roughly $75 per sub/room.

I have 1 mounted in the ceiling of the great room between the trusses, 1 is mounted in the basement ceiling between the floor joists, and the 3rd is mounted in the ceiling of a covered outdoor patio. I was able to make each box roughly 5 cubic feet as well to match the requirements of the subwoofer for a ported enclosure.

Each area is powered by very small 100w amps that have bluetooth and 2 additional stereo connections i plan to use Chromecast Audio pucks to connect if needed.

I did alot of research and came up with this setup to best serve my home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page