NUVO Legrand Streaming Problems - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-05-2019, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
NUVO Legrand Streaming Problems

Hi All,

I have a 5 room NUVO Legrand WHA system. Came with the house. I have struggled to find a streaming service that works really well with it so I'm hoping someone can advise or suggest how to fix it. When it works it is fantastic. Using my phone I can turn off/on and control volume in any room.

Options available are:
Spotify - Love Spotify, hate the app integration with the system (IOS). If I open the Spotify app to change the music or see the current song it would usually switch from playing on the system to playing on my phone. Internet research implies this is a known bug with Spotify for many components.

Pandora - Works well but I like the ability to select the exact music I want to listen to instead of stations.

Deezer - works OK. 1 out of 5 times I get "Deezer unavailable" which requires finding a random song to play that it is OK with and then go back to what I wanted. Also the playlists and stations in it are not awesome.

Alexa - seems to only work with a smart speaker I don't have.

Napster - Crashed a lot

The others don't offer specific music selection so I didn't try them.

Using bluetooth doesn't work because I would use my phone and walk around the house...connection would fail.
Local device library (IOS) doesn't work with most music because of a DRM thing.

In a perfect world I could just use some kind of Apple Music device that I could control with my phone and was wired into the NUVO hardware but short of buying a new receiver I don't know what that device would be.

I'm guessing I'll get a few switch to android suggestions but I'm not yet angry enough with Apple to convert.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 06-06-2019, 01:58 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Sarmast View Post
Hi All,

Options available are:
Spotify - Love Spotify, hate the app integration with the system (IOS). If I open the Spotify app to change the music or see the current song it would usually switch from playing on the system to playing on my phone. Internet research implies this is a known bug with Spotify for many components.

In a perfect world I could just use some kind of Apple Music device that I could control with my phone and was wired into the NUVO hardware but short of buying a new receiver I don't know what that device would be.

Thanks!
What have Nuvo support told you? They are quite friendly.
If it’s a known bug hopefully Nuvo or Spotify will fix it...

Meanwhile, I would buy a ChromeCast Audio device.
Maybe you can still find them new for $35, otherwise on Ebay.

I know from extensive usage of CCA and Spotify that you will not have that bug problem and you will be able to move around in your house as you actually transfer the playback to the CCA while retaining remote control.
You continue to use the Nuvo App to control all zones.

Last edited by Bobone; 06-07-2019 at 08:07 AM.
post #3 of 3 Old 06-06-2019, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Hi All,

I have a 5 room NUVO Legrand WHA system.
What components do you have?

Quote:
Using my phone I can turn off/on and control volume in any room.
You can also add P10 wall controls; 4 per zone.

Quote:
Love Spotify, hate the app integration with the system (IOS).
100% Spotify’s fault. They want you in their app.

Quote:

Local device library (IOS) doesn't work with most music because of a DRM thing.
It doesn’t work with Apple Music; it works fine with purchased music from iTunes.

Quote:

All of the Player Portfolio systems have a line-in input for each zone in the system that can be played back across any and all zones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page