Help with HDBaseT / AV Receiver integration - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By garygreyh

post #1 of 7 Old 06-19-2019, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Help with HDBaseT / AV Receiver integration

Hi guys.

Doing a major remodel and had home wired with Cat6 runs to all TV locations for video distribution from network/av closet. Picked up this Monoprice 8x8 HDBaseT Matrix Switch with de-embedded audio for budget DIY video distribution. Just realized that I hadn't thought through the audio distribution

So I have a Denon AVR X4500H as my receiver to handle the 7.1 system in the living room and a Zone 2 outdoor TV with stereo outdoor speakers. Remaining 5 TV's will have soundbars. Video sources for the TV's will be 1 Tivo and 2-3 Tivo Mini's. Question is, how am I going to get the audio from the Tivo's to distribute along with the video? I've attached pics of the back of the Matrix, the HDBaseT receivers, and the Denon.

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob DIY-er.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-19-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3252 Post(s)
Liked: 2316
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi Shahinian View Post
Hi guys.

Doing a major remodel and had home wired with Cat6 runs to all TV locations for video distribution from network/av closet. Picked up this Monoprice 8x8 HDBaseT Matrix Switch with de-embedded audio for budget DIY video distribution. Just realized that I hadn't thought through the audio distribution

So I have a Denon AVR X4500H as my receiver to handle the 7.1 system in the living room and a Zone 2 outdoor TV with stereo outdoor speakers. Remaining 5 TV's will have soundbars. Video sources for the TV's will be 1 Tivo and 2-3 Tivo Mini's. Question is, how am I going to get the audio from the Tivo's to distribute along with the video? I've attached pics of the back of the Matrix, the HDBaseT receivers, and the Denon.

Thanks in advance for helping out a noob DIY-er.

I would post this in the HDMI Forum. There is a very HDBT knowledgeable poster who can probably answer your question.

I never trust an atom, they make up everything.
post #3 of 7 Old 06-19-2019, 06:30 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Pylot View Post
I would post this in the HDMI Forum. There is a very HDBT knowledgeable poster who can probably answer your question.
Done. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 Old 06-20-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 31
HDMI will carry the audio. Connect the soundbar to the audio output on the TVs, and whatever source you are watching will come through the soundbar.

Unless you have audio only zones you want to send the Tivo audio to...
post #5 of 7 Old 06-20-2019, 01:16 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatenbacktolife View Post
HDMI will carry the audio. Connect the soundbar to the audio output on the TVs, and whatever source you are watching will come through the soundbar.

Unless you have audio only zones you want to send the Tivo audio to...
to..
post #6 of 7 Old 06-20-2019, 04:45 PM - Thread Starter

I guess I'm trying to figure out how the de-embedded audio stuff plays into the connections
post #7 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 05:33 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raffi Shahinian View Post
I guess I'm trying to figure out how the de-embedded audio stuff plays into the connections
De-embedded audio from HDMI sources comes in handy when the video is routed to a different destination than the audio. An example of this would be in house of worship or educational systems where the video feeds a projector, but the audio goes to a mixing console or an audio only processor that does not have HDMI inputs. If the destination for the audio is the same as the video, there is no need to de-embed the audio.
Raffi Shahinian likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page