Okay. NV-IG8M / Novu Concerto Wiring in New Apartment
* Keypads/speakers are installed. The keypads are all dark. I assume this is normal until the amp unit is plugged in
* There are two plates with cat5 ports in the wall
* First plate appears to be for an iPod dock - assuming that's safe to ignore - our last iPod is long dead and gone
* The second has one port for the NV-1G8M and 6 "device" ports
* Landlord seems confident the wiring will be fine
I'm assuming I can get this thing running with an NV-18GM amp/audio-router-thingy from ebay. In case somebody forgets to ship the cord, does that take a standard desktop PC power cord?
What are the device ports for? Would these allow a connection to a PC that lets you run web sources like spotify from the keypads?
And how do I actually connect a PC to the whole system in order to run this "configurator app" if needed?
Are the keypads and the built-in speakers worth the trouble (I lean yes right now) or should I maybe go with a more modern wireless approach?