Newbie Whole Home Audio Question - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 11-14-2019, 12:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Newbie Whole Home Audio Question

I have 12 pairs of ceiling speakers throughout a residence that are home run to two (2) Niles SLV-6 switchers (impedance matching) in a basement closet. They are driven with a Denon AVR-1709, and the sole audio source is a Amazon Echo Dot. I have a series of Dot's throughout the house on the main floor, and simply tell Alexa to "Play Spotify/Pandora/Apple music/Amazon Music" on the basement Dot, which plays throughout the home. I also have an Amazon connected power switch, which allows me to turn the Denon on and off with a command on the main floor Echo's. Don't laugh; it s very effective "poor man's" distributed audio system. Question; I'd like to upgrade the Denon to a newer model which has Amazon Alexa functions built in. I was thinking it would give me greater flexability with voice commands, switching zones between the two SVL-6's, AND the abillity to perform some Denon functions via the Apple App available for the iPad. Can anyone here reccomend a Denon model? Any suggestions pro or con on how I'm performing these function? BTW; the current setup has been in place for years and works flawlessly. (from an impedance and amplifier perspective)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page