Russound A-H484 & A-KP4 Troubleshooting - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 12-08-2019, 09:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Russound A-H484 & A-KP4 Troubleshooting

I just purchased a new home that has an existing 4 room 4 keypad Russound system (Hub is the single source A-BUS Forte with some older keypads). I swapped this out for the A-H484 Hub, A-K4 keypads (with multizone jumper) and 4 x Google Audio as sources with the hope I could play different music in each room simultaneously (wife listening to whatever in the kitchen while I listen to my playlist upstairs).

I figured this would be an easy project... but have run into the following issues:

- I can cycle through sources on each keypad (light changes from source 1 to 2 to 3 to 4 then back to 1 with each push of the power button) but this doesn't seem to have any impact on the actual source music playing as the same source continues to play.

- Despite having each keypad configured for a different source, only speakers in two different rooms work and they play the same source.

- When I play music from multiple sources at the same time I can hear both sources overlaying each other in the two rooms where the music works.

Kinda at my wits end... double checked that all Cat5e cabling is wired correctly and double checked that speaker wire was wired to each keypad correctly and that jumpers were set correctly. Appreciate any and all suggestions! Thanks 🙂
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page