Nuvo GC/MPS4 - Alexa or Airplay or Bluetooth Integration Options - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-13-2019, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Nuvo GC/MPS4 - Alexa or Airplay or Bluetooth Integration Options

I have got Nuvo Grand Concerto and MPS4. Is there any airplay or bluetooth integration options to stream music from my iphone wirelessly to one of the Nuvo system sources? Also, is there any solution out there that I can buy that will add Alexa feature to Nuvo Grand Concerto? Any idea guys? I'm ready to pay for anyone of these solutions . I just don't want to get rid of my old Nuvo Grand Concerto with the touch pads.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-13-2019, 01:42 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by iworo View Post
I have got Nuvo Grand Concerto and MPS4. Is there any airplay or bluetooth integration options to stream music from my iphone wirelessly to one of the Nuvo system sources? Also, is there any solution out there that I can buy that will add Alexa feature to Nuvo Grand Concerto? Any idea guys? I'm ready to pay for anyone of these solutions . I just don't want to get rid of my old Nuvo Grand Concerto with the touch pads.

Short answer: yes, there is a straightforward path to get there, with an MPS4 OS upgrade to Win7 or better, and an MCS upgrade to MMS 5.3. See bobone's thread on the NuVo Concerto & MPS4 below. I'm sure bobone will chime in with exact links to instructions, but you can also look at the first post for where to start. Airplay is now supported on either a Zone level, or a Source Level from your iPhone, but not yet both simultaneously. There is no solution yet for Airplay2, but iPhone shortcuts, Sonos and Chromecast integration are all available with newer versions in development.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-13-2019, 01:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs10shl View Post
Short answer: yes, there is a straightforward path to get there, with an MPS4 OS upgrade to Win7 or better, and an MCS upgrade to MMS 5.3. See bobone's thread on the NuVo Concerto & MPS4 below. I'm sure bobone will chime in with exact links to instructions, but you can also look at the first post for where to start. Airplay is now supported on either a Zone level, or a Source Level from your iPhone, but not yet both simultaneously. There is no solution yet for Airplay2, but iPhone shortcuts, Sonos and Chromecast integration are all available with newer versions in development.
Thanks for the reply. Is the upgrading of MPS4 OS going to enable some new features? What are these features? By the way, what is MCS?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 Old 12-13-2019, 04:27 PM

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Probably best to post on the following thread I've included below for more detailed answers with respect to "how" and "what". In Brief, your MPS4 is a standard Windows PC with a few special peripherals in it, and it runs a crippled version of Windows XP. MCS is the music server software that runs on your MPS4, and is licensed by Nuvo from a company called Autonomic Controls. Your system as shipped with MCS5.0 software already has Airplay capability, but it might be difficult to activate without an OS upgrade (although I don't know that anyone has actually attempted it- perhaps it is straightforward as well). In order to unlock the system's full potential, such as Airplay, the path typically taken to do so is to upgrade the OS to Windows 7 or newer. Bobone is the AirPlay guy, and can advise as to your best options.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-ho...servation.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page