Crestron Home OS3 with AV equipment - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #61 of 64 Old 05-05-2020, 10:08 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 121
Hi All,

I am implementing Home OS3 for my house outside of the theater which for now will remain as a seperate Crestron System with it invoking some functions on the Home OS3 system. Thy theater has screen masking, a Barco Thor, Lumagen, 16 x 16 HDMI 2.0 switcher etc.

The list of equipment that will be controlled by the Home OS3 system includes:

1. 10 Sony XBR 9XXE series or later TVs (IP control)
  2. 2 Samsung TVs (IP Control)
  3. 10 sources for video (2 DirecTV 4K Genies, 2 Apple TVs, 1 Strato-C/M300 player in a Co-Star configuration, 2 Roku Ultras, 2 PCs, and 1 XBOX One X
  4. 18 Zones of audio (Sonnex)
  5. MMS5A for 4 streaming audio / iTunes sources
  6. Cen-Track for 2 AM/FM Tuners / 2 Sirius XM
  7. DM-NVX for all video distribution outside of the theater (Video over IP)
  8. 2 Denon AVR-2600H for 5.1 in two rooms wired for 5.1
  9. 11 HVAC Zones using Crestron TStats
  10. ~ 100 Lighting Loads Crestron wired lighting control)
  11. ~ 10 Fan Loads (Crestron wired control CLX-1Fan4)
  12. ~ 50 Keypads CNX-B?? series from Crestron
  13. ~ 50 Lutron Shades (Radio RA2)

I am right now getting all of the device rack mounted and cabled for the sources. I have had the Crestron Thermostats for about 9 years, now finally getting them hooked up to a control system. Lighting is moving from something I had programmed in D3 Pro, to Crestron Home. I am going to move the lighting over Memorial Day weekend.

I am thoroughly documenting and labeling everything as part of this effort.

I need to find a source for Josh.AI as from what I saw at Cedia, it kicks Alexa in the butt for home automation and it appears to be supported by Home OS3.

I am happy to post here or create a seperate thread going through my progress.

Right now I have all the thermostats connected, and one room setup with a Sony TV, a DM-NVX-351C setup as an encoder with an Apple TV as a source, and a DM-NVX-351 as the Decoder connected to the Sony TV.

So far I have been very impressed with Crestron Home OS3.

* NOTE * I have moved this to a seperate thread https://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-ho...l#post59610304

Bryan
A7mad78, Sam Ash and thebland like this.

Last edited by bgarcia; 05-07-2020 at 04:20 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 64 Old 05-06-2020, 12:33 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake View Post
I am in the same boat as you. Planning to add a Lumagen (or Envy) and just got a Trinnov. Also will need control of a masking motor (Seymour Screen Excellence).

IR control would work. Better yet, all of these devices have rs232 ports - why not use this protocol for control ? I am hoping my integrator can seamlessly implement RS232 control for these devices with CH. The CP4-R has rs232 ports built in (3 dedicated COM ports) so you are ready to go. My understanding is keeping it simple for these kinds of devices is actually more reliable than implementing a more complex IP driver.
Yes it is correct about the RS232 ports but (and I am ignorant) does this require drivers or just for the integrator to enter the protocol commands in the system? As you say “hoping” is there any way to be sure about it? I will ask my programmer as well, he is the one telling me that knowing me the CP3 would be more suitable for me from a programming perspective. But I am tempted to try the CP4’s apparent convenience as to my understanding it will allow me to control all rooms in the house without any major hassle.
A7mad78 likes this.

Trinnov Altitude 32 & Amplitude*2 - Sony VW-5000ES - Panamorph Paladin DCR- Lumagen Radiance Pro 4449 - Screen Research 173" ClearPix 4K White 1.0 - Wisdom Audio speakers: L8i (LCR) - P6i (SL, SR) -P4i (SBL, SBR - LW, RW(wide for Atmos)) - 6* B&W CCM7.4 (Ceiling Atmos) - Paradigm SUB2 - Kaleidescape Encore & Premiere - Oppo 205 - SKY Q - Apple TV 4K - Technics MK2 SL-1200GAE Limited Edition
post #63 of 64 Old 05-07-2020, 07:01 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 496 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgarcia View Post
Hi All,

I am implementing Home OS3 for my house outside of the theater which for now will remain as a seperate Crestron System with it invoking some functions on the Home OS3 system. Thy theater has screen masking, a Barco Thor, Lumagen, 16 x 16 HDMI 2.0 switcher etc.

The list of equipment that will be controlled by the Home OS3 system includes:

1. 10 Sony XBR 9XXE series or later TVs (IP control)
  2. 2 Samsung TVs (IP Control)
  3. 10 sources for video (2 DirecTV 4K Genies, 2 Apple TVs, 1 Strato-C/M300 player in a Co-Star configuration, 2 Roku Ultras, 2 PCs, and 1 XBOX One X
  4. 18 Zones of audio (Sonnex)
  5. MMS5A for 4 streaming audio / iTunes sources
  6. Cen-Track for 2 AM/FM Tuners / 2 Sirius XM
  7. DM-NVX for all video distribution outside of the theater (Video over IP)
  8. 2 Denon AVR-2600H for 5.1 in two rooms wired for 5.1
  9. 11 HVAC Zones using Crestron TStats
  10. ~ 100 Lighting Loads Crestron wired lighting control)
  11. ~ 10 Fan Loads (Crestron wired control CLX-1Fan4)
  12. ~ 50 Keypads CNX-B?? series from Crestron
  13. ~ 50 Lutron Shades (Radio RA2)

I am right now getting all of the device rack mounted and cabled for the sources. I have had the Crestron Thermostats for about 9 years, now finally getting them hooked up to a control system. Lighting is moving from something I had programmed in D3 Pro, to Crestron Home. I am going to move the lighting over Memorial Day weekend.

I am thoroughly documenting and labeling everything as part of this effort.

I need to find a source for Josh.AI as from what I saw at Cedia, it kicks Alexa in the butt for home automation and it appears to be supported by Home OS3.

I am happy to post here or create a seperate thread going through my progress.

Right now I have all the thermostats connected, and one room setup with a Sony TV, a DM-NVX-351C setup as an encoder with an Apple TV as a source, and a DM-NVX-351 as the Decoder connected to the Sony TV.

So far I have been very impressed with Crestron Home OS3.

Bryan
Hi Bryan, can you kindly tell me about the lighting. Is the electrical cabling all done in the conventional manner with Crestron wall switches all separately cabled to a Crestron controller ? or do all the circuits come to a central electrical switching mechanism that can be digitally controlled like in industrial applications ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 64 Old 05-07-2020, 01:28 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked: 1855
That’s a big job Bryan. Congrats!

Love to see a thread.

My job, much smaller is for 85 Radio Ra2 light loads, Ra2 Thermostats, Ra2 motions and be vacancies. 6 Lutron Shades, Honeywell Vista panel, Theater control and distributed AV.

Your job is very large version of mine.

Good luck! Looking forward to install thread.

Goodbye to a great audio and video genius and writer... JOHN GANNON. I enjoyed your friendship, wit and a nice long run we took around Indianapolis at CEDIA years back... and for buying my Runco 980 Ultra years back... you saved my ass! Rest in peace.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page