I am implementing Home OS3 for my house outside of the theater which for now will remain as a seperate Crestron System with it invoking some functions on the Home OS3 system. Thy theater has screen masking, a Barco Thor, Lumagen, 16 x 16 HDMI 2.0 switcher etc.
The list of equipment that will be controlled by the Home OS3 system includes:
- 10 Sony XBR 9XXE series or later TVs (IP control)
- 2 Samsung TVs (IP Control)
- 10 sources for video (2 DirecTV 4K Genies, 2 Apple TVs, 1 Strato-C/M300 player in a Co-Star configuration, 2 Roku Ultras, 2 PCs, and 1 XBOX One X
- 18 Zones of audio (Sonnex)
- MMS5A for 4 streaming audio / iTunes sources
- Cen-Track for 2 AM/FM Tuners / 2 Sirius XM
- DM-NVX for all video distribution outside of the theater (Video over IP)
- 2 Denon AVR-2600H for 5.1 in two rooms wired for 5.1
- 11 HVAC Zones using Crestron TStats
- ~ 100 Lighting Loads Crestron wired lighting control)
- ~ 10 Fan Loads (Crestron wired control CLX-1Fan4)
- ~ 50 Keypads CNX-B?? series from Crestron
- ~ 50 Lutron Shades (Radio RA2)
I am right now getting all of the device rack mounted and cabled for the sources. I have had the Crestron Thermostats for about 9 years, now finally getting them hooked up to a control system. Lighting is moving from something I had programmed in D3 Pro, to Crestron Home. I am going to move the lighting over Memorial Day weekend.
I am thoroughly documenting and labeling everything as part of this effort.
I need to find a source for Josh.AI as from what I saw at Cedia, it kicks Alexa in the butt for home automation and it appears to be supported by Home OS3.
I am happy to post here or create a seperate thread going through my progress.
Right now I have all the thermostats connected, and one room setup with a Sony TV, a DM-NVX-351C setup as an encoder with an Apple TV as a source, and a DM-NVX-351 as the Decoder connected to the Sony TV.
So far I have been very impressed with Crestron Home OS3.
* NOTE * I have moved this to a seperate thread https://www.avsforum.com/forum/36-ho...l#post59610304