Video distribution problem - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 03-26-2020, 08:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Video distribution problem

I have a problem that drives me crazy for 2 weeks now and I can find a way around it.

So I want to send composite video to three elevator displays (Rasbery PIs-windows xp-half screen) and to a lobby display small window with a video grabber avi2usb. Elevator distances are coaxial ~ 90ft - lobby display cat6 ~ 200ft

I tried diffrent video sources from direcrv box to simple composite camera.

1. Composite video to powered 1x8 avi splitter to 3 elevators working fine.
2. Composite video to powered 1x8 avi splitter to 3 elevators and lobby display - Image (not good) only on lobby display and elevators blue screen.

3. Composite video to powered 1x8 avi splitter to 3 elevators and extender over cat6 elevator display blue screens
4. Directv (H24) composite Composite video to powered 1x8 avi splitter to 3 elevators and HDMI to extender, or hdmi splitter (with or without tv connected) or hdmi to avi converter ... everything causes blue screen on elevator monitors
5. If I split the cables and connect them all together (McGaiver solution) I have a really bad image on all screens and eventually blue screen on Elevators.

6. If I use different sources of video for elevators and lobby display everything works fine.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page