Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 04-21-2020, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Home antenna reception help

Hello all ,

I am hoping somebody can help me I don’t know what’s relevant and I don’t know where to begin so I’ll kind of give a rundown of what my set up is and then go from there.

My house was initially wired for satellite dish and that was removed and an Omni directional antenna was installed by a “professional “installer… What it appears that he did was mounted the antenna on the roof and ran a coacts line down to where my satellite dish used to be and connected into one of those coax cables then ran into my house.

From there he had these two amplifiers hooked up and going into a splitter that went to the different rooms of my home. A couple months ago I decided to try to go with the Amazon recast and this is when all my problems started. Before with my TiVo or just using the antenna on my TV I was able to get signal in four rooms no problem however the recast seems to have a much higher toler from there he had these two amplifiers hooked up and going into a splitter that went to the different rooms of my home. A couple months ago I decided to try to go with the Amazon recast and this is when all my problems started. Before with my TiVo or just using the antenna on my TV I was able to get signal in for rooms no problem however the recast seems to have a much higher expectation for video quality as the minute I hooked that up it didn’t find any channels.

This is where I screwed up I had disconnected both of the amplifiers and then started to add things in only hooking to the fire TV recast and no other TVs and I was finally able to get signal and get 26 stations. However now a month or so later I’m not able to get anything again and I have replaced the recast and have the same problem so I think something is going on with how I hooked up these amplifiers or something.

Can somebody point me in the right direction? Or is there something else I should be doing?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BC7B50B6-F591-46A7-B7CF-1871E85062CE.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	2713986   Click image for larger version

Name:	09C77332-F285-4BE8-A4DF-128425E16B58.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	2713988  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-03-2020, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Swain View Post
Hello all ,

I am hoping somebody can help me I don’t know what’s relevant and I don’t know where to begin so I’ll kind of give a rundown of what my set up is and then go from there.

My house was initially wired for satellite dish and that was removed and an Omni directional antenna was installed by a “professional “installer… What it appears that he did was mounted the antenna on the roof and ran a coacts line down to where my satellite dish used to be and connected into one of those coax cables then ran into my house.

From there he had these two amplifiers hooked up and going into a splitter that went to the different rooms of my home. A couple months ago I decided to try to go with the Amazon recast and this is when all my problems started. Before with my TiVo or just using the antenna on my TV I was able to get signal in four rooms no problem however the recast seems to have a much higher toler from there he had these two amplifiers hooked up and going into a splitter that went to the different rooms of my home. A couple months ago I decided to try to go with the Amazon recast and this is when all my problems started. Before with my TiVo or just using the antenna on my TV I was able to get signal in for rooms no problem however the recast seems to have a much higher expectation for video quality as the minute I hooked that up it didn’t find any channels.

This is where I screwed up I had disconnected both of the amplifiers and then started to add things in only hooking to the fire TV recast and no other TVs and I was finally able to get signal and get 26 stations. However now a month or so later I’m not able to get anything again and I have replaced the recast and have the same problem so I think something is going on with how I hooked up these amplifiers or something.

Can somebody point me in the right direction? Or is there something else I should be doing?
check the reviews(PS-1403-Amplifiers) on amazon.in. Too Many Problems
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page