SiriusXM Audiovox docking station - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 05-07-2020, 10:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
SiriusXM Audiovox docking station

Have a Audiovox Sirius dock which receives home satellite music. Problem is it only has a RCA mini jack output. I want to be able to broadcast this signal to a wireless speaker via Bluetooth. I have a HP desktop computer which has Bluetooth capability but I don't know what else I would need to accomplish this. iTunes doesn't work so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-07-2020, 11:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 336
You need a Bluetooth transmitter like this one https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Get an RCA to 3.5mm female adaptor and plug this in. Connect your speaker to the signal transmitted by this unit and it should work.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 05-09-2020, 09:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by usc1995 View Post
You need a Bluetooth transmitter like this one https://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-Bl...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Get an RCA to 3.5mm female adaptor and plug this in. Connect your speaker to the signal transmitted by this unit and it should work.

Problem is I don't have an amp to plug into and I want to broadcast the signal wireless (Bluetooth / Wi-Fi). I do have a desktop computer which has both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi but don't know how to make that connection. I assume I would need a media player app (so I could control the volume) which would receive the signal from the Audiovox and broadcast to the speakers via the computer. The problem with that is my HP Desktop doesn't have a RCA mini in port (only an out one). Is there a stand alone Bluetooth transmitter that I could use which has volume control? My wireless speaker (Bose) doesn't have a way to control the volume)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 Old 05-09-2020, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1386 Post(s)
Liked: 901
An inline volume control would work - or find a transmitter with volume control...

But as an alternative, don't all SiriusXM subscriptions include streaming services now? If you've got WiFi and Internet access, just stream from any mobile device instead of even using the satellite?

Jeff

Rock Creek Theater -- CIH, Panamorph, Martin Logan, SVS PB2000, Carada Masquerade, Grafik Eye, Bar table, Green Glue, JVC RS50 
NOTE: If you find dead photo / blocked Photobucket links in any of my posts, please PM me and I will fix them.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-09-2020, 01:54 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by is14fun View Post
Problem is I don't have an amp to plug into and I want to broadcast the signal wireless (Bluetooth / Wi-Fi). I do have a desktop computer which has both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi but don't know how to make that connection. I assume I would need a media player app (so I could control the volume) which would receive the signal from the Audiovox and broadcast to the speakers via the computer. The problem with that is my HP Desktop doesn't have a RCA mini in port (only an out one). Is there a stand alone Bluetooth transmitter that I could use which has volume control? My wireless speaker (Bose) doesn't have a way to control the volume)

Your Bose speaker does not have any volume control? Is it a powered Bluetooth speaker or just a passive speaker requiring power and a Bluetooth receiver? Can you advise the model number of the speaker?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page