Help needed to stream Netflix on new TV - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 05-11-2020, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Help needed to stream Netflix on new TV

I used to stream Netflix from a Play Station 3 and had created myself an HDMI input on the back of my receiver called Netflix. I recently bought a new 4K TV which has and Arc HDMI port in the back and want to use the Netflix app signal that comes from the new TV and send it to my receiver which also has an ARC HDMI Output(which was set to HDMI and used to use to send signal to my old TV.)

Existing Components:

Anthem MRX 1120 receiver 7.2.4

Oppo Blue ray player
Cable box
TV with the Netflix app which I want to use to stream Netflix movies and delete Play Station 3 from my setup.

All components are routed through the receiver and each component has its own HDMI input in the back of the receiver.

I previously had my receiver Arc Output set to HDMI and routed all my input signals to the TV. I now changed this output to ARC HDMI so it can now communicate both way with my new TV. Setup was successful. Receiver feeds signal to TV whether I watch cable box or Blue Ray player with video and sound signals. I just need to change input on my receiver.

The trouble I am having is when I push Netflix button on my new TV remote I end up to Netflix app and can stream video but -NO SOUND. I am trying to wrap my head around how to create a new input so my receiver knows that I am no longer watching cable box and switched and Netflix app on TV but I can't seam to see how this can be accomplished.

Then I though maybe a work around would be to feed my cable box behind the tv and then run another HDMI cable from TV HDMI ARC and set it as my sound output to HDMI ARC to my receiver output ARC HDMI. But then I am thinking, the receiver doesn't care what channel I listen to on the box or if I decided to start streaming Netflix on the TV???? Or will it? will the TV signal the receiver that although I am still receiving a signal from the cable box I am now jumping to another source from the TV itself and will the receiver know to bypass the cable box input and use signal from the Netflix app instead? how does that work??????

A few people have recommended using an optical cable for sound out from TV to Receiver but this only sends a stereo signal. I have an ATMOS setup and obviously I want the full package, not just stereo.

What am I missing? Thanks in advance

Cheers, Al

"A goal without a plan is just a wish." - Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Home A/V Distribution

Tags
home theater connection

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page