New DVDO iScan Duo [2.0 firmware released] - Page 132 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 12Likes

post #3931 of 3939 Old 03-09-2018, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 611 Post(s)
Liked: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteS View Post
Yep - I'd love it if they made a Duo 4K. I've had a Duo since the very early days with a very similar setup to yours (various Pana plasmas etc.) and it's been brilliant. Older Lumagen's always were horrible for end users - as you say, more for pro installers - shame that hasn't changed. I'm really unsure what to do when I make the 4K step - fingers crossed for DVDO to do something sooner rather than later. I guess the question is whether the market is really big enough..
I have jumped to 4K and had to sell duo but would Def get replacement if they did duo 4k.

Lumagen have always been complicated through they are getting better and much more configurable with great pic quality.

I also have a dvdo iscan mini cam do 4k but not hdr or bt2020 but great for satellite/cable TV.

Thanks

Sent from my ONEPLUS 5T using Tapatalk

TV: Sony 65" A1E OLED Surround: Yamaha RXA3070 + Orbs Audio Mod 4/2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Stereo: Yamaha AS500 + Kef Q300 Processor: DVDO Iscan Mini + Darbee 5000S Players: Oppo UDP-203 / Dune Solo 4K / Apple TV 4K / VU+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS-871 Pro i7 10GBE
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3932 of 3939 Old 03-09-2018, 11:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteS View Post
Yep - I'd love it if they made a Duo 4K. I've had a Duo since the very early days with a very similar setup to yours (various Pana plasmas etc.) and it's been brilliant. Older Lumagen's always were horrible for end users - as you say, more for pro installers - shame that hasn't changed. I'm really unsure what to do when I make the 4K step - fingers crossed for DVDO to do something sooner rather than later. I guess the question is whether the market is really big enough..
The DVDO Matrix44 does 4K. DVDO Matrix44 is a 4K HDMI® Matrix switcher supporting up to four inputs that transmits up to 4K (50/60Hz) Ultra HD or Full HD 1080p sources to four outputs. Designed for both home and commercial use, it provides intuitive control and fast switching for installers and home theater enthusiasts.

-Jim Noyd
Noyd Communications Inc.
Representing VIZIO, DVDO,
Puro Sound Labs, 1MORE
post #3933 of 3939 Old 03-09-2018, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Noyd View Post
The DVDO Matrix44 does 4K. DVDO Matrix44 is a 4K HDMI® Matrix switcher supporting up to four inputs that transmits up to 4K (50/60Hz) Ultra HD or Full HD 1080p sources to four outputs. Designed for both home and commercial use, it provides intuitive control and fast switching for installers and home theater enthusiasts.
Right, but it's (just) a matrix switcher - no processing, CMS, scaling, DI etc.. Not sure if it supports HDR either. C'mon DVDO, you can tell there's still interest in something like a Duo by how good a s/h market there is for them. Duo 4K would surely be a winner - there's basically no competition (at a price that wouldn't scare NASA)
Erebus1954 and a5ian300zx like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3934 of 3939 Old 06-16-2019, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am certain this topic is somewhere on this thread but I cannot find it. Please discuss calibrating the Amazon Firestick (and other new devices) with the DVDO iScan Duo VR5. Which drop down menu should I use to begin? How do I change the settings for this input without affecting the settings of other inputs? The Firestick picture is washed out and I cannot change to a 4:3 format from the vertically stretched format. Thanks!
post #3935 of 3939 Old 07-13-2019, 03:00 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 44
DVDO IScan Duo no Audio

I recently upgraded my projector to a JVC 4K. I had been using my iScan Duo as a HDMI Switch and scaler. However, when I plug the projector into my Marantz 8802a there is no audio. Is this because the Duo is HDMI 1.3 and the projector is 2.0? Is there a setting on the Duo to fix this? Thanks.
post #3936 of 3939 Old 08-25-2019, 11:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 93
I have used a DVDO DUO to calibrate my JVS RS1 for years. I also use it as a video switch so the only thing my receiver gets is the audio signal over HDMI {bitstream) from the . This combo has served me well. I will soon upgrade to ATMOS (9.3.6) but I don't plan to upgrade my PJ until next year. I know my old BDP can pass Atmos if set to bitstream. Can the DUO pass that signal, too? If I need the new pre/pro do the video switching I will but it would be nice to not have to change things up.
post #3937 of 3939 Old 08-25-2019, 12:34 PM
UHD Addict

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 9327 Post(s)
Liked: 6008
Quote:
Originally Posted by krholmberg View Post
I have used a DVDO DUO to calibrate my JVS RS1 for years. I also use it as a video switch so the only thing my receiver gets is the audio signal over HDMI {bitstream) from the . This combo has served me well. I will soon upgrade to ATMOS (9.3.6) but I don't plan to upgrade my PJ until next year. I know my old BDP can pass Atmos if set to bitstream. Can the DUO pass that signal, too? If I need the new pre/pro do the video switching I will but it would be nice to not have to change things up.
The DUO should not have any issues. I've used mine in the past with 2k BDs that have atmos and had no issues bitstreaming the Atmos audio through the Duo..

Sent from my Tab S 10.5
krholmberg likes this.

53TB unRAID1a--49TB unRAID2--76TB unRAID3
TCL 6 Series--Sony UBP-X800--Philips BDP7502--Onkyo HT-S7800
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
post #3938 of 3939 Old 10-09-2019, 02:31 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 10
This is bad news: Jeff, Ken is no longer with DVDO

This is worse: On the DUO, unfortunately we don’t service the DUO anymore.

At least all the voices in my head are singing...
...unfortunately just not in tune...
Sony 65A8F | Marantz AV8802A Pre/Pro (7.2.4) | (3) Beloved Adcom Amps | OPPO 203 | ROKU Ultra | ATV 4K | X-Box One X | Steiger-Dynamics LEET HTPC | Metra DPL certified passive cables; Metra 18 Gbps TARGA 1 Module Ultra HD active Cable | Epson UB5040 | Artcoustic Speakers] | (2) Pio Kuro |
post #3939 of 3939 Old 10-10-2019, 05:30 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Time to bin the duo then lol

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page