Need help with Lumagen mini with my 2.35 screen and Sony Hw55 and Oppo 103-D
I'm trying to setup "Dolphin Tale 2" for the kids which is 1.85. I followed the instructions below but the image is still splitting outside the 2.35 screen. I could manually reduce the zoom on my Sony HW55 but want to see how I can do it through Lumagen mini. What am I messing up?
The PJ zoom was manually set so I can see the 2.35 movie perfectly. I did all the lumagen settings afterwards.
This is the procedure to configure the Radiance for a system that includes a 16:9 projector
and a 2.35 screen. This procedure requires software rev 011812 or higher and assumes that
you are starting with factory default settings. To do a factory reset press “MENU 0999” and
then press “MENU, Save, OK, OK, OK”.
1. Set the output aspect ratio by pressing "MENU, Output, Styles, , Aspect Ratio, OK,
Single output aspect, OK, 235, OK”.
2. Set the output aspect sidebars to black by pressing “MENU, Output, Styles, ,
Graybar, Sides, 0%, OK”.
3. Set the output shrink by pressing “MENU, Output, Styles, , Mask/Shrink, Shrink,
Top:12%, Right:0%, Bottom:12%, Left:0%, OK”.
Note: If you set the projector so that the image only spills over the top of the screen, set
the output shrink to “Top:24%, Right:0%, Bottom:0%, Left:0%”.
4. Set scale bias off by pressing “MENU, Input, Video Setup, [resolution], Size, [1.85],
Scale Bias, Off, All, A-D, OK”.
5. When you are finished, save the new settings by pressing “MENU, Save, OK, OK, OK".
6. Set the projector to its default 16:9 mode. (Sony is set to Normal zoom)
7. Set all the video sources to widescreen 16:9 output. (what does this mean?, I have an oppo 103-D and the source is Blu-Ray 1.85)
8. Press the appropriate input aspect ratio button on the Lumagen remote that matches the
aspect of the video input. To horizontally stretch a 16:9 image to fill the 2.35 screen,
press “16:9” and then press “NLS”.