Darbee vision darblet - Page 326 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1129Likes

post #9751 of 10223 Old 12-30-2017, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1516 Post(s)
Liked: 809
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhelaman View Post
Wow! I finally found a place that I can ask questions about my Darbee. I just purchased the DVP-5000S and I've had a terrible time getting it to work with my Yamaha RX-A3050 and my OPPO 83. I have the Samsung 8500 RK. When I used the OPPO, I got sound but no video. I contacted DarbeeVision and I was told to re-boot the darbee and break it down to isolate the problem. I connected it to my OPPO then the Darbee and then to my Optoma projector... It did not work. (In my effort to get it to work, I screwed up my OPPO, so I'm going to have to initialize it back to factory.) My next step was to connect it to the Samsung 8500 and it worked, then I put my Yamaha AV Receiver in the loop and it worked. I got picture. I am a little concerned tho. I couldn't tell the difference between 0 and 120. (4K problem?)
Anyway, anyone else have a Yamaha RX-A3050, Darbee, and OPPO? If so, HELP!!Thanks.
The Darbee is a 1080 device only. It will NOT work with 4K. If you want to use the Darbee you have to connect it between the receiver and the 1080 player you want to use it with (if your 1080 player has 4K upscaling, you'll need to turn that off). Also, Darbee recommends a 6ft minimum length HDMI cables.

Oppo 83 --6FT-HDMI--> Darbee --6FT-HDMI--> Yamaha.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9752 of 10223 Old 01-02-2018, 05:21 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Thank you. I think I just blew $150. I have the Yamaha Aventage RX-3050 AV Receiver and the RX-A3010 AV Receiver and the oppo 93 which are running at 1080p. I have the Samsung UBD K8500 4K player also. I have the Optoma HD26 projector which is also 1080p. I guess I will just pull it out of the loop and box it up and see if they will let me return it.
post #9753 of 10223 Old 01-02-2018, 05:44 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 430 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11915 Post(s)
Liked: 7089
Quote:
Thank you. I think I just blew $150. I have the Yamaha Aventage RX-3050 AV Receiver and the RX-A3010 AV Receiver and the oppo 93 which are running at 1080p. I have the Samsung UBD K8500 4K player also. I have the Optoma HD26 projector which is also 1080p. I guess I will just pull it out of the loop and box it up and see if they will let me return it.
What is the issue? Looks like everything in your signal path is 1080p. Why are you using a UHD player if your projector is only 1080p? If the Darblet is properly installed, you will clearly see a difference between 0% and 100% settings.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #9754 of 10223 Old 01-02-2018, 07:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 256 Post(s)
Liked: 176
Quote:
Anyway, anyone else have a Yamaha RX-A3050, Darbee, and OPPO? If so, HELP!!Thanks.
I have a Yammy Aventage RX-A830 (probably 3-4 year old model), JVC RS57 (X700) Projector, LeEco 43" X43 4K tv and Oppo 83SE.

But my darbee is the first version, not the 5000 model.

No problems with my darbee in the 3 or so years I've had it. I run it on one hdmi out of my Yammy, then use a monoprice active 1 into 2 hdmi spliter so that I can feed my PJ and TV with just one darbee. Works like a charm.

BUT, of course I don't do any 4k stuff, just 1080p.
post #9755 of 10223 Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 257 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
What is the issue? Looks like everything in your signal path is 1080p. Why are you using a UHD player if your projector is only 1080p? If the Darblet is properly installed, you will clearly see a difference between 0% and 100% settings.
Quote:
Before throwing up your hands, try connecting the Darblet between the Oppo 93 and your Optoma HD26. In theory, you should see a video image. If you do, then work backwards until you have both a video and audio signal. If the Oppo 93 has 2 HDMI outputs, connect one to the Darblet, and one (audio out) to your AVR. Make sure you Sammy UBD is only outputting 1080p; same with your AVR's. If looks like you are getting ready to move to a UHD projector at some point. THAT is when the Darblet won't work for you. Once you've verified that the Oppo-to Darblet-to Projector video feed is working, check that all your other gear is only outputting a 1080p signal and you should be good to go.

Good Viewing,John G  JVC DLA-X790 Projector, Vutec 110" (16x9) Bright White Screen, Oppo UDP-203 region free MOD disc player, Zappiti Mini4K HDR, Synology DS418 NAS, Yamaha RX-A2070 AVR, Toshiba 1250 NTSC-PAL Region Free BR Player, 7 Paradigm Reference spkrs w Dual Subs,   & Yamaha 6600 External Amp
post #9756 of 10223 Old 01-03-2018, 07:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1113 Post(s)
Liked: 316
Quote:
Originally Posted by sddp View Post
Finally resolved the issue.Phew!

I figured this out by trying every possible software setting and physical setting combination over and over till something worked.

The Basics:
I have a Darbee Vision DVP 500S (video enhancer)

3D-Bee (3D converter, that is as good if not better than native 3D movies)

Denon X6400H (11.2 4K receiver)

Epson 5040ube (wireless 4K projector)

Xbox one X and Sony PS4

Now the Darbee absolutely would not pass picture coming out the Denon, so by chance and because of OCD (lets be honest, all of us are when it comes to HT) I connected the Denon to the 3D-Bee then to the Darbee then to the Projector and Whalla!
It worked. Somehow I am under the impression that the 3D-bee strips some metadata and thus allowing the video signal to pass through.

Of course I double checked and went back to the usual Darbee only and no pic.
Now, here's the odd and very perplexing issue (which I can live with) With the 3D-bee and Darbee in line, my Xbox "4K out" in the settings is not available ony 720 or 180P. No biggie, since I connected Monitor 2 out to the Projector #2 input, but I have to turn the 3D-Bee off in order for 4K to show up (with the 3D Bee turned on, 4K its not available on the Xbox video settings, weird right?)

I think I might be one of the very very very few out there with this set up, but if anyone should come across this issue, This is the way to resolve it and have your cake and eat it too

Incase anyone was wondering, here's some info on teh 3D-bee:

http://www.3d-bee.com/diamond/
Hi sddp,
Interesting. I've always wanted to try out the 3D-Bee. I'm a 3D fan and we have a couple of 3D displays (FP and plasma). Previously, the price slowed me down, but at $200, I might give it a try.
A couple of questions:
It appears that you got the Darbee and the 3D to work well together. That's important to me, as we have a Darbee in our Sharp DLP front projector video chain. However, I have no practical way to effectively bypass the 3D-Bee when we just want to watch normal 2D content. The idea of wearing 3D glasses all the time is not appealing...Is it possible to toggle the 3D-Bee on/off when you just want a 2D picture?
Also, the 3D-Bee web site says that their closeout sales are "AS IS". What if it does not work, or has issues? Have you had any experience with their CS>
Thanks, and Happy 2018
post #9757 of 10223 Old 01-03-2018, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
Hi sddp,
Interesting. I've always wanted to try out the 3D-Bee. I'm a 3D fan and we have a couple of 3D displays (FP and plasma). Previously, the price slowed me down, but at $200, I might give it a try.
A couple of questions:
It appears that you got the Darbee and the 3D to work well together. That's important to me, as we have a Darbee in our Sharp DLP front projector video chain. However, I have no practical way to effectively bypass the 3D-Bee when we just want to watch normal 2D content. The idea of wearing 3D glasses all the time is not appealing...Is it possible to toggle the 3D-Bee on/off when you just want a 2D picture?
Also, the 3D-Bee web site says that their closeout sales are "AS IS". What if it does not work, or has issues? Have you had any experience with their CS>
Thanks, and Happy 2018

3D-Bee and Darbee work perfectly. Literally like having your cake and eating it too.
The 3D-Bee when you turn it on always defaults to just pass through (2D only). You have to press the 3D button to initiate 3D. And then to turn it off press the 2D/BP or 3D button again and it reverts to 2D basically pass through.

I am surprised its discontinued, I met them at E3 convention about 10 years ago and never once had an issue with the product. I would never watch everything in 3D, not only its it non-appealing, but also unhealthy as the strain is to much for every day use. I can't understand why they stopped making them, this product is far superior to any TV or Projectors own 2D to 3D abilities by far!. The only contender to this product is the actual 3D Blu Ray.

I am hoping they maybe they're working on a 4K version? Since 3D you only get 720P per eye. Imagine 4K where you get 1080P per eye and if Darbee comes out with a 4K version, and those 2 together?

3D will finally go to a whole new level. Maybe James C. is working on that technology on Avatar 2?

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800
post #9758 of 10223 Old 01-04-2018, 08:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
3D-Bee and Darbee work perfectly. Literally like having your cake and eating it too.
The 3D-Bee when you turn it on always defaults to just pass through (2D only). You have to press the 3D button to initiate 3D. And then to turn it off press the 2D/BP or 3D button again and it reverts to 2D basically pass through.

I am surprised its discontinued, I met them at E3 convention about 10 years ago and never once had an issue with the product. I would never watch everything in 3D, not only its it non-appealing, but also unhealthy as the strain is to much for every day use. I can't understand why they stopped making them, this product is far superior to any TV or Projectors own 2D to 3D abilities by far!. The only contender to this product is the actual 3D Blu Ray.

I am hoping they maybe they're working on a 4K version? Since 3D you only get 720P per eye. Imagine 4K where you get 1080P per eye and if Darbee comes out with a 4K version, and those 2 together?

3D will finally go to a whole new level. Maybe James C. is working on that technology on Avatar 2?
You convinced me to give it a try. However, I still have one concern: In our set up, the Darbee is currently paired with an mCable (USB powered HDMI cable). It upscales content and adds a sharpening algorithm. They mostly play well together (some sync issues), but I'm wondering about adding a 3rd device (3D-Bee) in the chain?
Have you ever experimented with an mCable? If not, then I recommend that you get one ($25) and check it out. For 2D content, the combination of the Darbee/mCable is outstanding. Just wondering if it's worth it to try and add the 3D-Bee. The website says that all sales are final. That means that you really can't try it to see if it works in the chain, and return it if there are issues...
post #9759 of 10223 Old 01-04-2018, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 320 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
You convinced me to give it a try. However, I still have one concern: In our set up, the Darbee is currently paired with an mCable (USB powered HDMI cable). It upscales content and adds a sharpening algorithm. They mostly play well together (some sync issues), but I'm wondering about adding a 3rd device (3D-Bee) in the chain?
Have you ever experimented with an mCable? If not, then I recommend that you get one ($25) and check it out. For 2D content, the combination of the Darbee/mCable is outstanding. Just wondering if it's worth it to try and add the 3D-Bee. The website says that all sales are final. That means that you really can't try it to see if it works in the chain, and return it if there are issues...
Fascinating, I've never heard of mCable. So basically using that, supercharges the Darbee? (or vice versa)

Great, now I have to go buy more cables all over again lol

I know HDMI has it's own set of issues it can add up the more devices and HDMI is add in the chain. Although from my own experience, I don't think the 3D-Bee should be an issue as its only taking in a signal and converting it to 3D. As long as it's not 4K.

Why not email them with your set up and see what the say?

If you decide to get it, there are a number of combinations if which order to put each device in, so if one doesn't work, you can switch the order around. That what I had to do to make everything work and in the long run it was the culmination of all the devices to get what I want in the end.

But if you are a huge 3D fan, I would strongly recommend this to anyone and playing a native 3D movie then the 2D version using the 3D-bee is impossible to tell the difference and with the 3D-bee you have further options of several levels of pop out or in depth (the pop out has never done me justice on my Mitsubishi 3D DLPs or my Epson).
I enable 3D on it last night with Star Wars Battlefront II from my Xbox One X to the Darbee then the 3D-Bee only, Epson which then has it's own 4K faux enhance enhancement, and was playing a campaign flying an X-Wing through and astroid belt and um....

Lets just say I was dodging the large rocks and astroids literally with my body like Neo dodging bullets thinking they were about to hit me

EPSON 5040UBE | DENON X6400H | XBOX ONE X\PS4 | EMOTIVA XPA-7 GEN 2 |EMOTIVA XPA-3 GEN 3 | ELITE SCREEN 150" ZEREO EDGE W/LED KIT
9.3.4 SURROUND SYSTEM ALL KLIPSCH | L&R RF-7II | CENTER RC64II |FRONT HEIGHTS 2 x RB-81II | 4 SURROUNDS RS-62II | 4 ATMOS CDT-5800 | SUBS R112SW & 2 x R115SW
VEFXI 3D-BEE DIAMOND (2D TO 3D CONVERTER) | DARBE VISION DVP-5000S | LOGITECH HARMONY 800

Last edited by sddp; 01-04-2018 at 01:44 PM.
post #9760 of 10223 Old 01-09-2018, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 4778 Post(s)
Liked: 3695
Quote:
Fascinating, I've never heard of mCable. So basically using that, supercharges the Darbee? (or vice versa)

Great, now I have to go buy more cables all over again lol
All the mCable does is apply DNR and edge enhancement to the image. Humbland likes it a lot more than I did.

Josh Z
Television and Home Theater Writer/Editor, Primetimer.com

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #9761 of 10223 Old 01-10-2018, 07:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Z View Post
All the mCable does is apply DNR and edge enhancement to the image. Humbland likes it a lot more than I did.
Hi Josh,
To each his own. I get it that it's not a world shaking improvement, but for $25...
Question for you:
We also have a Sharp Z30K (IMO, great PJ). I read in your blog that you had issues. Did you get them resolved? If not, then PM me and I'll share our experience with lamp/shutdown problems. They are also well documented in the Z30K thread here at AVS (>$3K FP forum).
post #9762 of 10223 Old 01-10-2018, 09:20 AM

Quote:
We also have a Sharp Z30K (IMO, great PJ). I read in your blog that you had issues. Did you get them resolved? If not, then PM me and I'll share our experience with lamp/shutdown problems. They are also well documented in the Z30K thread here at AVS (>$3K FP forum).
The projector is working at the moment, but it still intermittently shuts down without warning. I need to send it for repair.

Josh Z

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employers, whoever they may be.
post #9763 of 10223 Old 01-10-2018, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The projector is working at the moment, but it still intermittently shuts down without warning. I need to send it for repair.
FWIW, I had an overall positive experience with Sharp CS. We also had an intermittent shut down issue. I could reset it by cycling AC power off/on. Just like you, we were approaching the end of our warranty. I sent it in to Sharp. There diagnosis was that it was a part that was no longer available...They offered us a refurb instead. So, we ended up with the refurb and it has been a good unit (knock on wood).
I'm a big DLP fan. We have been waiting for a 4K DLP with lens memory. The first generation of TI 4K chip PJs are still a work in progress. I'm hoping that with the 2nd generation, one of the makers (Benq?) ups their game.
FWIW, the Sharp Z30K, Darbee/mCable, combination is superb. I have no real desire to go to 4K (yet)
post #9764 of 10223 Old 01-10-2018, 11:10 AM

Quote:
FWIW, I had an overall positive experience with Sharp CS. We also had an intermittent shut down issue. I could reset it by cycling AC power off/on. Just like you, we were approaching the end of our warranty.
Unfortunately, I am officially beyond my warranty, even with credit card extension. Any repairs will be from my own pocket, which is why I've delayed on getting this done.

Quote:
I'm a big DLP fan. We have been waiting for a 4K DLP with lens memory. The first generation of TI 4K chip PJs are still a work in progress. I'm hoping that with the 2nd generation, one of the makers (Benq?) ups their game.
Sadly, it seems that everybody has dropped 3D from newer projectors, and that's the main reason I have a DLP.

Josh Z

post #9765 of 10223 Old 01-10-2018, 05:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sadly, it seems that everybody has dropped 3D from newer projectors, and that's the main reason I have a DLP.
And from flatscreen TV's for that matter...
post #9766 of 10223 Old 01-12-2018, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am officially beyond my warranty, even with credit card extension. Any repairs will be from my own pocket, which is why I've delayed on getting this done.

In the >$3K FP Forum, main Sharp Z30K thread, Zombie (who has two of them) links to an independent repair outfit that he thinks can work on the Z30K. You could PM him for more specifics. He is a tech wiz and might be able to help with a solution.

INMO, 3D has reached the end of it's cycle until someone develops a glasses free solution. However, we just screened Life of Pi on the Z30K. People jumped out of their seats when the tiger first appears (spoiler alert)
post #9767 of 10223 Old 01-12-2018, 11:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
INMO, 3D has reached the end of it's cycle until someone develops a glasses free solution. However, we just screened Life of Pi on the Z30K. People jumped out of their seats when the tiger first appears (spoiler alert)
Yeah, I wear glasses and the 3D glasses on top of glasses never worked well for me in the theater. I always get glares from internal reflections between the 3D glasses and my glasses. Sometimes this also produces a haze effect---effectively making the movie look like a low contrast movie, or just a movie with a slight haze on it.

No bueno
post #9768 of 10223 Old 01-13-2018, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 1362 Post(s)
Liked: 1904
Quote:

Not everyone, the Epson projectors still have it. I recently purchased the Epson Home Cinema 4000 and the 3D using Valueview glasses ($35) is very good.

And if you are in the DLP camp there is the new 3D capable BenQ HT2550 4K HDR DLP Projector.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
post #9769 of 10223 Old 01-16-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Not everyone, the Epson projectors still have it. I recently purchased the Epson Home Cinema 4000 and the 3D using Valueview glasses ($35) is very good.

And if you are in the DLP camp there is the new 3D capable BenQ HT2550 4K HDR DLP Projector.
Thanks for pointing me to this. Unfortunately, its lack of lens shift is a deal-breaker in my home theater.

Josh Z

post #9770 of 10223 Old 01-17-2018, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for pointing me to this. Unfortunately, its lack of lens shift is a deal-breaker in my home theater.
+1 on Josh's thoughts. I keep hoping for a new 4K DLP with powered lens controls. It seems like it should be "happening". With several competing PJs using the TI 4K chip, you think that one of them would try and fill this niche.
post #9771 of 10223 Old 01-17-2018, 07:52 AM

Quote:
+1 on Josh's thoughts. I keep hoping for a new 4K DLP with powered lens controls. It seems like it should be "happening". With several competing PJs using the TI 4K chip, you think that one of them would try and fill this niche.
I'm currently looking at the Optoma UHD50. No powered lens control, but it at least has lens shift so I could conceivably get the image onto my screen.

Josh Z

post #9772 of 10223 Old 01-17-2018, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm currently looking at the Optoma UHD50. No powered lens control, but it at least has lens shift so I could conceivably get the image onto my screen.
We have a dual screen set up 16 x 9 and 2.35:1. The Sharp Z30K has been excellent (lens memory). I've been waiting for years now to go 4K. I really like the DLP "pop". Yes, contrast is important. However, we watch a lot of sports (Go Dubs). DLP sharpness and motion handling is top notch.
What I don't understand is that the new 4K DLP PJs are attempting to compete in the <$4K market. Sony and JVC are "tough outs". Even if the DLP guys can not match the contrast. Why not add more features (powered lens controls)?
post #9773 of 10223 Old 01-18-2018, 12:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 206
I have someone responding to one of my Darbee videos on YouTube, and he is trying to set his up. He is saying:

"Having issues with initial setup. Everything is connected properly. I see a red light on the darbee, a blinking green light, and sometimes a blue light. But when I press power on the remote nothing happens"

I know he has a 4K display but he said he would run everything in 1080p. I let him know about 3-foot HDMI cables and to make sure the input/output is set the right way. Also told him some of those other lights are normal before you choose to disable them, and that the on-off feature should not affect the status of the display, only the amount of Darbee effect being used (0% versus some other percent). I also suggested he register here and ask you guys.

Until he does that or unless he doesn't do that, anything else ya'll can think of regarding troubleshooting?

Living Room: Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Sony PS3 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Panamax M5400-PM / miniDSP UMIK‑1 USB
Bedroom: Samsung PN59D7000 PDP / Energy Power Bar Elite Soundbar & SW / Astro A50 / Sony PS4 / DirecTV C41W-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Hauppauge HD PVR 2
Classroom: SMART Board X800 / Yamaha RX-V667 / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS SB-2000
post #9774 of 10223 Old 01-18-2018, 01:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinmcfluffin View Post
I have someone responding to one of my Darbee videos on YouTube, and he is trying to set his up. He is saying:

"Having issues with initial setup. Everything is connected properly. I see a red light on the darbee, a blinking green light, and sometimes a blue light. But when I press power on the remote nothing happens"

I know he has a 4K display but he said he would run everything in 1080p. I let him know about 3-foot HDMI cables and to make sure the input/output is set the right way. Also told him some of those other lights are normal before you choose to disable them, and that the on-off feature should not affect the status of the display, only the amount of Darbee effect being used (0% versus some other percent). I also suggested he register here and ask you guys.

Until he does that or unless he doesn't do that, anything else ya'll can think of regarding troubleshooting?
Could it just be an issue with the remote. He should try adjusting the unit itself. Plus, until you turn it off, the darbee into should appear on the screen when working.
post #9775 of 10223 Old 01-18-2018, 01:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 326 Post(s)
Liked: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
Could it just be an issue with the remote. He should try adjusting the unit itself. Plus, until you turn it off, the darbee into should appear on the screen when working.
Totally, I asked him to just reconnect the cables and see how firmly everything is placed. I seem to remember having a lot of finnicky issues when installing my two Darbee devices as well. Don't know what I did to fix them except have faith that they would in fact work after some time. Low and behold...

I'm still thinking he could have something active in the 4K realm that is not allowing the display to go through. At least, that's where my money is at right now.

Living Room: Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Sony PS3 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Panamax M5400-PM / miniDSP UMIK‑1 USB
Bedroom: Samsung PN59D7000 PDP / Energy Power Bar Elite Soundbar & SW / Astro A50 / Sony PS4 / DirecTV C41W-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 Darblet / Hauppauge HD PVR 2
Classroom: SMART Board X800 / Yamaha RX-V667 / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS SB-2000
post #9776 of 10223 Old 01-18-2018, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Totally, I asked him to just reconnect the cables and see how firmly everything is placed. I seem to remember having a lot of finnicky issues when installing my two Darbee devices as well. Don't know what I did to fix them except have faith that they would in fact work after some time. Low and behold...

I'm still thinking he could have something active in the 4K realm that is not allowing the display to go through. At least, that's where my money is at right now.
May-be, but I believe the darbee would have an issue if it was receiving 4k. The display should react the same as if it was receiving other non-4k signals ie: cable or standard blu-ray.
post #9777 of 10223 Old 01-18-2018, 04:18 PM
** Man of Leisure **

Mentioned: 430 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11915 Post(s)
Liked: 7089
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnscg View Post
May-be, but I believe the darbee would have an issue if it was receiving 4k. The display should react the same as if it was receiving other non-4k signals ie: cable or standard blu-ray.
I have a setup in which the Darblet is in line with one HDMI connection from my AVR to my 4K TV, and a second HDMI connection without a Darblet connects the AVR and the TV as well. As long as I configure the source to output a non-4K signal, I have no issues routing the signal over the HDMI connection with the Darblet. For 4K signals, I use the other HDMI connections. The choice is automated in my Harmony remote. I don't think guaranteeing the Darblet doesn't receive a 4K signal should be difficult for the OP.
muffinmcfluffin likes this.
post #9778 of 10223 Old 01-29-2018, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
I use my laptop as my HTPC going to an Epson 2150, can anyone tell me if getting a Darbee would make any difference than just using VLC's calibration settings? I messed with VLC's settings last night, and from what I can tell the calibration settings do the same thing the Darbee does.

I'm also planning on getting a PS4 soon, which of course negates being able to use VLC's settings. Would getting a Darbee be worth it for the PS4 alone? Thanks!
post #9779 of 10223 Old 01-29-2018, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 746 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by furiousfuria View Post
I use my laptop as my HTPC going to an Epson 2150, can anyone tell me if getting a Darbee would make any difference than just using VLC's calibration settings? I messed with VLC's settings last night, and from what I can tell the calibration settings do the same thing the Darbee does.

I'm also planning on getting a PS4 soon, which of course negates being able to use VLC's settings. Would getting a Darbee be worth it for the PS4 alone? Thanks!
There is nothing that does what a Darbee does, including VLC. It is very unique. If you don't have a Darbee yet you can't compare VLC's settings to it. It works its magic without the usual side effects like ringing and haloing.

The Darbee creates a faux 3D image internally that you never see. It uses this information to apply its brand of contrast enhancement in a way that is conscious of depth. Even most video purists like the Darbee effect. There are some hold-outs, but generally it is very well accepted.
post #9780 of 10223 Old 01-29-2018, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by erkq View Post
There is nothing that does what a Darbee does, including VLC. It is very unique. If you don't have a Darbee yet you can't compare VLC's settings to it. It works its magic without the usual side effects like ringing and haloing.

The Darbee creates a faux 3D image internally that you never see. It uses this information to apply its brand of contrast enhancement in a way that is conscious of depth. Even most video purists like the Darbee effect. There are some hold-outs, but generally it is very well accepted.
Sounds like it is a much cleaner way to increase the sharpness, I did notice distortion when doing it through VLC. So basically, I should just buy the dang thing
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page