AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Video Processors (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/)
-   -   Darbee vision darblet (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-video-processors/1399154-darbee-vision-darblet.html)

LastButNotLeast 11-11-2019 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast (Post 58805020)
I wonder if you could program a "nothing" activity.

This was such a great idea, you got me thinking about it.
The easiest solution I came up with is to add a device you don't have. Then, once your desired activity is running, switch the remote to that unused device.
To get the remote "working" again, just hit "activities."
For my keyboard, I think I'll just start turning it off.
Michael

annisman 11-11-2019 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast (Post 58806190)
Quote:

Originally Posted by LastButNotLeast (Post 58805020)
I wonder if you could program a "nothing" activity.

This was such a great idea, you got me thinking about it.
The easiest solution I came up with is to add a device you don't have. Then, once your desired activity is running, switch the remote to that unused device.
To get the remote "working" again, just hit "activities."
For my keyboard, I think I'll just start turning it off.
Michael

Please get something working for us and let us know how to do it. I was thinking about the do nothing activity as well but I'm pretty sure it won't work because when I switch activities it always turns OFF the devices I'm currently using. So idk man good luck !

LastButNotLeast 11-11-2019 05:20 PM

The process I described DOES work.
If you need more help. PM me.
Michael

annisman 11-12-2019 10:35 AM

PM sent

annisman 11-22-2019 12:30 AM

Darbee owners, quick question. If my HTPC desktop resolution is set to 4K will the Darbee be able to pass that signal to the TV ? (Not 4K video just 4K desktop res)

LastButNotLeast 11-22-2019 06:00 AM

No, 4K is 4K.

annisman 11-22-2019 01:01 PM

26 Attachment(s)
Oh geez, I ordered a Darbee thinking I could play my 1080p movies on my HTPC, but I think MadVR upscales everything to 4K before it passes it to my television...

Mike__P 11-22-2019 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annisman (Post 58859134)
Oh geez, I ordered a Darbee thinking I could play my 1080p movies on my HTPC, but I think MadVR upscales everything to 4K before it passes it to my television...

Totally ignorant of MadVR, but couldn't it be forced to output 1080P?

alkemac 12-19-2019 11:22 AM

Can a 4k signal be downsized to 1080p, making it compatible with the Darbeevision?

I have a Marantz 8012 AVR and Sony TV, both 4k. Is there a downsizing gadget (4k to 1080p) that I can place right after my AVR out so the downsized signal can be processed by the Darbee before entering the TV? Might there be a splitter and remote control that would permit a choice between 4k and downsized 4k?

bweissman 12-19-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkemac (Post 58979150)
I have a Marantz 8012 AVR and Sony TV, both 4k. Is there a downsizing gadget (4k to 1080p) that I can place right after my AVR out so the downsized signal can be processed by the Darbee before entering the TV? Might there be a splitter and remote control that would permit a choice between 4k and downsized 4k?

Can't you simply set the output of the SR8012 to 1080p? It says here you can.

humbland 12-20-2019 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkemac (Post 58979150)

What is your "downsizing gadget"?

alkemac 12-26-2019 10:02 AM

That's the question I've been asking of amazon, gofanco, Darbee etc. bwiessman suggested I program my Marantz 8012 to downsize the signal from 4k to 1080p. This sounds like a practical, workable solution.

BuddTX 01-24-2020 02:37 PM

Hi All, I have a Question:

Will my Darbee DVP-5000s pass 4K/UHD when turned off?

I know it will not pass 4K/UHD when turned on. I emailed Darbee the Vendor, but recevied no response.

Thanks!

joshbrown1987 01-31-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuddTX (Post 59148978)
Hi All, I have a Question:

Will my Darbee DVP-5000s pass 4K/UHD when turned off?

I know it will not pass 4K/UHD when turned on. I emailed Darbee the Vendor, but recevied no response.

Thanks!

No if it's still in line it will not. You have to have a switch to put in line with different HDMI to the display

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Shagen 02-05-2020 06:21 PM

So I think I have read the answer. My 5000S worked great for years when I had my 4910. But now I have a RS540. Darbee connected between Projector R540 and Denon results as "no signal" For grins, I installed the Darbee in-line from my cable HDMI output to Denon. Still no go. (My cable only does 1080)

A switch was mentioned here. I would like to still use my Darbee for my cable 1080 box. My RS540 (w/o Darbee) is receiving 1080 when i am on cable. So I know the RS500 knows it is at 1080. Just figured I could get this to work by having the Darbee in-line from cable box to receiver...no go. Am I missing anything???

(BTW) I have bought all new optical (expensive) HDMI cables for everything thinking this could be a factor...but still no go

console 02-05-2020 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shagen (Post 59205466)
So I think I have read the answer. My 5000S worked great for years when I had my 4910. But now I have a RS540. Darbee connected between Projector R540 and Denon results as "no signal" For grins, I installed the Darbee in-line from my cable HDMI output to Denon. Still no go. (My cable only does 1080)

A switch was mentioned here. I would like to still use my Darbee for my cable 1080 box. My RS540 (w/o Darbee) is receiving 1080 when i am on cable. So I know the RS500 knows it is at 1080. Just figured I could get this to work by having the Darbee in-line from cable box to receiver...no go. Am I missing anything???

(BTW) I have bought all new optical (expensive) HDMI cables for everything thinking this could be a factor...but still no go

I have a 2 Darbee system. For playing 1080p Blu-ray, Darbee 1 receives HDMI from Oppo 103 to Marantz processor to Projector (or to TV). I have Oppo 203 for UHD discs.

Darbee 2 receives HDMI out from TIVO Bolt+ (with Optimum cablecard). Works fine, although as Darbeephiles know, the better the original signal the better the effect.

I did have to go into the TIVO output resolution menu because 'AUTO' didn't work with Darbee. Forcing 1080p output worked. Maybe your cable box has a fixed video output resolution setting?

mindedc 02-05-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alkemac (Post 59005254)
That's the question I've been asking of amazon, gofanco, Darbee etc. bwiessman suggested I program my Marantz 8012 to downsize the signal from 4k to 1080p. This sounds like a practical, workable solution.

Eh, you probably don't want to downconvert any real 4K sources to 1080P just to darbee them. I would recommend putting a HDMI switch with the function to force EDID to your 1080P sources before the darbee, then into the marantz. That would be as follows:

1080P source > HDMI Switch > Darbee > Marantz > TV.

You would then need to potentially switch two devices to change sources. I have that setup on my home theater for game consoles so they don't take up so many ports on my preamp. I use a control system to change the inputs so it's transparent to the family. I use the monoprice blackbird and it switches perfectly. I do not use the force EDID feature but that is what you would need to force a downrez of the attached devices.

If you are hell bent on downscaling all of your video you could also use a HDFury Vertex, Vertex II, or Maestro. Those all have dedicated 1080P downscaled outputs. The Maestro I think may also have an audio only output like lumagen does so you could conceivably take the marantz completely out of the video path if you want.

I have darbee built into my lumagen and it only works on 1080 and lower material. It makes a huge difference but I don't think I would want it enabled for real 4K material.

Forcing the resolution to 1080P may also work in your marantz, I'm just offering a few other angles on the situation.

cdnscg 02-06-2020 07:35 AM

It's a real shame they never came out with a 4K unit. I really enjoyed the Darbee pre-HDR content, but can't be bothered to mess around now switching things back and forth. I find the hiccups in the HDMI chain that can happen not worth it.

Shagen 02-06-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdnscg (Post 59207314)
It's a real shame they never came out with a 4K unit. I really enjoyed the Darbee pre-HDR content, but can't be bothered to mess around now switching things back and forth. I find the hiccups in the HDMI chain that can happen not worth it.

I agree...it isn't worth the effort doing any form of switching things just for the Darbee, Maybe someday, Darbee will come out with firmware. But to reiterate again...why isn't it possible to go from my Cable box (1080 capable only) to Darbee to Denon receiver?

Cable DVR HDMI Out--->Darbee IN---->Darbee out HDMI---> Denon "in". Denon HDMI Out to RS540.

console 02-06-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shagen (Post 59209544)
I agree...it isn't worth the effort doing any form of switching things just for the Darbee, Maybe someday, Darbee will come out with firmware. But to reiterate again...why isn't it possible to go from my Cable box (1080 capable only) to Darbee to Denon receiver?

Cable DVR HDMI Out--->Darbee IN---->Darbee out HDMI---> Denon "in". Denon HDMI Out to RS540.

What I tried to say in my post was that I'm doing the same thing.

TIVO DVR HDMI Out--->Darbee IN---->Darbee out HDMI---> Marantz "in". Marantz HDMI Out to NX7 (and TV).

It works for me. Should work for you. The only thing I can think of is that your DVR is somehow up-converting the signal (as my TIVO originally did until I forced fixed 1080p resolution. Maybe your DVR has a resolution setting?

Maybe set your Blu-ray player for 1080p and place Darbee between player and Denon. See if that works. If that works it's something with your Cablebox.

Shagen 02-07-2020 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by console (Post 59209650)
What I tried to say in my post was that I'm doing the same thing.

TIVO DVR HDMI Out--->Darbee IN---->Darbee out HDMI---> Marantz "in". Marantz HDMI Out to NX7 (and TV).

It works for me. Should work for you. The only thing I can think of is that your DVR is somehow up-converting the signal (as my TIVO originally did until I forced fixed 1080p resolution. Maybe your DVR has a resolution setting?

Maybe set your Blu-ray player for 1080p and place Darbee between player and Denon. See if that works. If that works it's something with your Cablebox.

Well maybe it is an issue with my new optic HDMI cables. These new ones have a direction "Source" and "Display". I am using "Source" for the Cable HDMI out connection. And the "Display" end into the Denon...

augiedoggy 02-08-2020 10:07 AM

I have a darbee darblet I bought years ago but had to stop using it since it created an issue with my flatscreen tv whereas it causes it to randomly power back up. Has anyone else seen this issue or have a solution? I have tried to disable every setting I can in the tv related to hdmi connection options but still it persisted. I had the darblet wired before an hdmi splitter that would split the signal to either my flatscreen or to my projector when the screen was down in front of my tv and the tv was off.

My flatscreen is an old 1080p 65 seiki I found at the dump and replaced the leds on about 5 years ago if it matters.

fleaman 02-08-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by augiedoggy (Post 59217826)
I have a darbee darblet I bought years ago but had to stop using it since it created an issue with my flatscreen tv whereas it causes it to randomly power back up. Has anyone else seen this issue or have a solution? I have tried to disable every setting I can in the tv related to hdmi connection options but still it persisted. I had the darblet wired before an hdmi splitter that would split the signal to either my flatscreen or to my projector when the screen was down in front of my tv and the tv was off.

My flatscreen is an old 1080p 65 seiki I found at the dump and replaced the leds on about 5 years ago if it matters.

Ha...have the exact same ---darbee before a hdmi splitter, then out to my flatscreen and PJ that has an electric screen in front of TV. In my case, my TV will reset the last TV volume to zero about 3 seconds after the TV pwrs up. For a second or 2 the last vol setting is up, then it resets to zero. So, I have to turn the vol back up every time I turn the TV on. W/O darbee this doesn't happen. Strange.

joshbrown1987 03-03-2020 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fleaman (Post 59217890)
Ha...have the exact same ---darbee before a hdmi splitter, then out to my flatscreen and PJ that has an electric screen in front of TV. In my case, my TV will reset the last TV volume to zero about 3 seconds after the TV pwrs up. For a second or 2 the last vol setting is up, then it resets to zero. So, I have to turn the vol back up every time I turn the TV on. W/O darbee this doesn't happen. Strange.

I too was experiencing this issue. I swapped the HDMI cables to 6 feet and not the 10ft ones I had and the issues went away. But my AVR would completely lose connection when this would happen. Swapping hdmi cables was the only thing that changed this. Mind you I don't have a splitter.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk