Darbee vision darblet - Page 56 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1129Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1651 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
lovingdvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 13,025
Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3748 Post(s)
Liked: 958
Also guys I wanted to add that the Darbee also has a nice subtle dynamic-like iris type of effect that it adds as a result of playing the the luminance. As the Dr. explained in his online media, Darbee works by changing the luminance at the individual pixel level in a way that your eyes will find most pleasing. This is why certain parts of an image get a brightness boost (or cut) accordingly and can be seen in the screen shots folks have posted. So a nice result of this is there is some extra pop added that mimics in a way some of what comes from using a dynamic iris. As an example, the stars in a star field set against a pitch black sky have some more pop and vibrancy to them. In a way it reminds me of a gamma enhancement feature available on the Radiance (forget what they call it, Adaptive Gamma maybe?) except with the Radiance I liked what it did but it applied the gamma changes everywhere which then resulted in black crush. Whereas with the Darbee its like a very smart version of that (among other things) so you get its benefits without the drawbacks. Maybe an adaptive-adaptive gamma control. smile.gif
lovingdvd is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1652 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:20 AM
 
bazlog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne England UK.
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

Barry....those are excellent screen shots. Really. From a flat panel here on AVS maybe the best I've happened to come across. And you have the plasma really dialed in great. That kind of excellence plus the quality of that motion picture and transfer is the best possible scenario for finding some level, for you, in HD mode with the Darbee processing. This is why your original gut response was you liked it. I remember reading in one of the forums before it seems to have disappeared...."spectacular" even was mentioned. It was too bad you had some of the ongoing HDMI rat's nest problems so you really couldn't have more time with it and really experimented.
I am REALLY impressed with where plasmas are now. I helped my fellow A/V friend and geek on the corner carry in his new 65" panny plasma a couple of weeks ago. He may never have it calibrated but wow it looked really good even out of the box. I turned him on to the Darblet and he will probably get his from AVS the same day as my 2nd one arrives to use with my Sammy 61" LED DLP. Can't wait to see his set with it when it comes. When my set dies this is what I will be buying.....the latest plasma. I was amazed how thin almost like the LCDs now they are too. If I remember correctly he said something like only 65 watts to run now? That should help with heat a lot too that they used to produce so much of.

Thanks Ron for the compliment as you can see i am no photographer though:o, are you saying that those pics would have looked even better with the Darblet? Remember Ron i was using a much lower quality source when i said i liked it and that it needed further investigation..............so here is hoping we can get our review sample in the coming weeks and put it through it's paces properly.smile.gif
bazlog is offline  
post #1653 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:22 AM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

Still no luck mate but thanks for taking your time in searching and posting. I will post my problem on their forums.

Good luck, but I'm thinking that the fastest way to get this resolved would be to get a Dune in the hands of DarbeeVision. They undoubtedly have the requisite tools to see how the devices are communicating with one another. At least Dune -> Darblet -> display device. If they can nail that, then adding a video processor in between should be a piece of cake. I did say should be...

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1654 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
jasjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjschaff View Post

Good luck, but I'm thinking that the fastest way to get this resolved would be to get a Dune in the hands of DarbeeVision. They undoubtedly have the requisite tools to see how the devices are communicating with one another. At least Dune -> Darblet -> display device. If they can nail that, then adding a video processor in between should be a piece of cake. I did say should be...

I am a little disappointed with Darbee as I emailed them Thursday night and have not had a response yet I read another member had a response within 2 hours.

I wonder if Dune can do anything or if its defiantly a Darbee issue.

LG OLED65C8
Dune Solo 4K
SKY Q
Xbox One X
Galaxy S10
jasjw is offline  
post #1655 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:
Originally Posted by bazlog View Post

Thanks Ron for the compliment as you can see i am no photographer though:o, are you saying that those pics would have looked even better with the Darblet? Remember Ron i was using a much lower quality source when i said i liked it and that it needed further investigation..............so here is hoping we can get our review sample in the coming weeks and put it through it's paces properly.smile.gif


YES. I determined the first day it arrived over 2 months ago and everyone else says the same thing.......the higher quality your source material and level of your display being dialed in.....the more effective at what it is attempting to do.....the processing is allowed to be.
RonF is offline  
post #1656 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:41 AM
 
bazlog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne England UK.
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

YES. I determined the first day it arrived over 2 months ago and everyone else says the same thing.......the higher quality your source material and level of your display being dialed in.....the more effective at what it is attempting to do.....the processing is allowed to be.

Can't wait to give it another shot then.
bazlog is offline  
post #1657 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:46 AM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

I am a little disappointed with Darbee as I emailed them Thursday night and have not had a response yet I read another member had a response within 2 hours.
I wonder if Dune can do anything or if its defiantly a Darbee issue.

Who did you contact (what's the email address you used)? If [email protected] my guess is that this goes into some general "box" that may not get a quick response.

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
post #1658 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Senior Member
 
jasjw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England, UK
Posts: 341
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjschaff View Post

Who did you contact (what's the email address you used)? If [email protected] my guess is that this goes into some general "box" that may not get a quick response.

No I emailed [email protected] Its the email in their contacts section. I will email the one you posted. Cheers.

LG OLED65C8
Dune Solo 4K
SKY Q
Xbox One X
Galaxy S10
jasjw is offline  
post #1659 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 606
I received my Darblet yesterday and all is going well with Bluray, HDDVD, and DTheater DVHS, but the it does not like my Motorola DCH3416 1080i cable box. The picture and sound blinks in and out, sometimes with no picture, every couple of seconds. The four sources route into a Pioneer TXH94 receiver and out the only HDMI output to to the Darblet and then into the Sony VW-60 projector. I have taken the Darblet physically out of the system and the cable box works fine direct to the projector from the receiver. Changing inputs back and forth on the receiver to reset the handshake does not work, nor does completely powering off the cable box and rebooting.

I emailed [email protected] too, but any suggestions from the forum would be appreciated. BTW, the Sony projector is set on auto detection of the input format, and I know the Oppo is set for 4:4:4. The HDDVD player is who knows what, and the JVC DVHS deck is component 1081i into the receiever, which cross converts to HDMI. All three of these sources work fine.

I like what I'm seeing in HighDef mode at around 50%.
HRTheater likes this.

See ya. Dave

"The Blues ain't nothin' but a botheration on the mind." Otis Spann
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #1660 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:19 PM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasjw View Post

No I emailed [email protected] Its the email in their contacts section. I will email the one you posted. Cheers.

Actually it's Larry who I've successfully been communicating with over the past day or so. I'd send him another email, assuming he's "in the office" today, that is using this rather than a personal email.

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
post #1661 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:25 PM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post

I received my Darblet yesterday and all is going well with Bluray, HDDVD, and DTheater DVHS, but the it does not like my Motorola DCH3416 1080i cable box. The picture and sound blinks in and out, sometimes with no picture, every couple of seconds. The four sources route into a Pioneer TXH94 receiver and out the only HDMI output to to the Darblet and then into the Sony VW-60 projector. I have taken the Darblet physically out of the system and the cable box works fine direct to the projector from the receiver. Changing inputs back and forth on the receiver to reset the handshake does not work, nor does completely powering off the cable box and rebooting.
I emailed [email protected] too, but any suggestions from the forum would be appreciated. BTW, the Sony projector is set on auto detection of the input format, and I know the Oppo is set for 4:4:4. The HDDVD player is who knows what, and the JVC DVHS deck is component 1081i into the receiever, which cross converts to HDMI. All three of these sources work fine.
I like what I'm seeing in HighDef mode at around 50%.

From my years in the computer business its often best to use the KISS principle, and eliminate as many things before adding things back.
Have you tried just running the DCH3416 directly into the Darblet and then on to the display? Sounds like sync issues, but hard to trace w/o eliminating things.

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
post #1662 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Member
 
sawmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I also just received my unit via USPS today and having the same problem as Jive Turkey. Hand shake will not hold on this Comast Motorola DCH 3416. My Darblet works just fine with Yamaha Blu Ray, Roku, an older Oppo Dvd player and CD recorder. Everything is output to Epson Home Cinema 8500 UB projector via the Yamaha RX-V3900 AV receiver. All my signals are passed through to the Yamaha for conversion, except the Comast Motorola unit and I believe there is no native pass through on that machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
sawmill is offline  
post #1663 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by PE06MCG View Post

You can store as many as you want if you use 'DVDO iScan Duo Control Panel'.

That's a good idea?

I know now you'll reply, "Of course its a good idea!". LOL. tongue.gif

I do use the control panel when I am upgrading firmware and calibrating my 3D projectors grey scale. Plus storing and saving my settings. Works great!
Ronomy is offline  
post #1664 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Get's it ..... vv Why words are searched for sometimes trying to describe what is going on with the processing to interested people who haven't seen it yet and likely inclined to think it would be impossible to accomplish what is being said.



#31
Badas
Expert Member



Top contributor
Member since:Aug 2008
Location:LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)
Home Theater Gallery:50
Blu-ray collection:747
DVD collection:33
PS3 collection:13
Blu-ray reviews: 7
Hardware reviews:4
Trading Score:2





Okay, had a play with the Darby. Spent many, many hours playing with it and looking at a wide range of films.

It took 5 minutes to setup. Look at the photo's. Plug it into a HDMI out on the Amp and then up to my projector. Plug in a IR input for the remote and power. Done. I have it sitting behind the rack and forgeting about it.

When first turned on it is harsh. Set on 100%. I finished setting it on 50% HD mode.
Avatar 2D straight away looked 3D. Amazing Depth without glasses. Great. I checked that subtittles had no ghosting. Nope none. Brilliant again.
Stuck in Spears and Muncil test disc. No issues all looked good. I did notice a slight crush on black level test when it was raised above 40%. Didn't really become visable in general viewing. Tested that on the Dark night. No issues, actually I was amazed how detailed faces were in dark scenes.
Stuck in something Soft "Sky Captain" wow again detail popped. No side efects. Detail on the space aircraft carrier was now noticable. Turn the Darbie off and detail disapeared. Stuck in Breathless from Godard. Things looked deeper with no side effects. Did look a Tad fake. Might just take a little tweaking.

Tested what happens when I cut the power and turn back on. Nice once the power is cut there is no HDMI conection so you know its not working. Good. Once on it defaulted to the last setting. Brilliant.

So what does it do???? Detail is more obvious. It adds Depth by providing deeper blacks to background which results in the pop. This can be done by changing Gamma. So I tested that it wasn't crushing blacks the side effect of raising Gamma. No crush excellent. So we get extra Pop without black crush.

Faces looked more natural and detailed. Hair is more detailed. Background is deeper and some effects in background look more detailed. Finally Pop. Avatar almost looked 3D in 2D. Without the pop up effect and glasses.

It is like when you watch a movie and you get those few scenes that just really shine. The whole movie now looks like it.

Its a keeper.

I would be Nutz not to have this $250 device on a $18,000 projector.

Ta Dono
HT Room: Cineversum Blackwing 3D DILA Projection, Oppo BD-83 Blu-ray (multizoned), PS3 Slim 120G Blu-ray, Denon DBP1611UD Blu-ray, Denon 3808CI AVR, Emotivia XPA-5 Power Amp, Belkin Pure AV Power Conditioner, Buttkicker System, Polk Audio RT7 x 4, CSP1000, PSW 1200, PSW 450 x 2, Harmony 1 Remote.
Lounge: Samsung 40" LED , PS3 Fat 40GB Zone A and PS3 FAT 120GB Zone B.
Dono's Screenshots: http://forum.blu-ray.com/group.php?d...onid=837&pp=10
RonF is offline  
post #1665 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Also guys I wanted to add that the Darbee also has a nice subtle dynamic-like iris type of effect that it adds as a result of playing the the luminance. As the Dr. explained in his online media, Darbee works by changing the luminance at the individual pixel level in a way that your eyes will find most pleasing. This is why certain parts of an image get a brightness boost (or cut) accordingly and can be seen in the screen shots folks have posted. So a nice result of this is there is some extra pop added that mimics in a way some of what comes from using a dynamic iris. As an example, the stars in a star field set against a pitch black sky have some more pop and vibrancy to them. In a way it reminds me of a gamma enhancement feature available on the Radiance (forget what they call it, Adaptive Gamma maybe?) except with the Radiance I liked what it did but it applied the gamma changes everywhere which then resulted in black crush. Whereas with the Darbee its like a very smart version of that (among other things) so you get its benefits without the drawbacks. Maybe an adaptive-adaptive gamma control. smile.gif

Adaptive gamma control but its selective on a pixel basis so yeah adaptive-adaptive gamma. Some scenes its even hard to notice it working.

In a nutshell it lifts a haze that just makes the image clearer. Quite remarkable what it does...the Olympics look amazing with the Darblet. Its like being there!
Ronomy is offline  
post #1666 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 12:53 PM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Stuck in Breathless from Godard. Things looked deeper with no side effects. Did look a Tad fake. Might just take a little tweaking.

>>> Glad you got to try a B&W film. When I finally have a working unit that will allow the Lumagen and JVC to use 4:2:2 I'm anxious to check out "The Third Man" among other quality noir.

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
post #1667 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Playing with my version 2 unit (using RGB through Lumagen while waiting on replacement) and Tivo HD here in the S.F. Bay area, where I get a clear signal from Sutro Tower, the uncompressed OTA channels really show up the amazing nature of the Darblet.
When watching news, you really see how different sources (live video versus taped or others) come across with the Darby in play. And commercials are really revealing in just how well things are produced and displayed through the Darblet chain.
From what I gather so far if a source has a lot of artifacts and is generally non-HD you can get away with using Full Pop and pushing the algorithm without "seeing" really adverse effects, yet getting the "pop" from these sources. Not so with the best sources.

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
post #1668 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ronomy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 3,166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjschaff View Post

Playing with my version 2 unit (using RGB through Lumagen while waiting on replacement) and Tivo HD here in the S.F. Bay area, where I get a clear signal from Sutro Tower, the uncompressed OTA channels really show up the amazing nature of the Darblet.
When watching news, you really see how different sources (live video versus taped or others) come across with the Darby in play. And commercials are really revealing in just how well things are produced and displayed through the Darblet chain.
From what I gather so far if a source has a lot of artifacts and is generally non-HD you can get away with using Full Pop and pushing the algorithm without "seeing" really adverse effects, yet getting the "pop" from these sources. Not so with the best sources.

Yeah I find the HD mode does best flushing out fine detail in the background on Hd video where the other modes help lower Res images more.
Ronomy is offline  
post #1669 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 01:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dsinger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 2,121
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 316 Post(s)
Liked: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawmill View Post

I also just received my unit via USPS today and having the same problem as Jive Turkey. Hand shake will not hold on this Comast Motorola DCH 3416. My Darblet works just fine with Yamaha Blu Ray, Roku, an older Oppo Dvd player and CD recorder. Everything is output to Epson Home Cinema 8500 UB projector via the Yamaha RX-V3900 AV receiver. All my signals are passed through to the Yamaha for conversion, except the Comast Motorola unit and I believe there is no native pass through on that machine. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A temporary fix might be to use component outputs and SPDIF rather than HDMI from the STB. Run those to the Yamaha and there shouldn't be any handshakes involved. Good luck.
dsinger is offline  
post #1670 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 02:35 PM
Newbie
 
TikiBar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anxiously awaiting my Darblet. Just wondering how it handles DVD material.

In addition to my Panny BD35, I'm running an Oppo DV-981 DVD player into an Onkyo TX-NR708 receiver and out to my Panny PT-AX200u projector onto a rather large wall. Haven't made the jump to 1080p yet, but I'm hoping the Darblet will give my current system a nice (and inexpensive) boost.

Tiki Bar
TikiBar is offline  
post #1671 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 02:48 PM
 
bazlog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne England UK.
Posts: 147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
bazlog is offline  
post #1672 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
RonF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Sunny SoCal
Posts: 2,091
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 272
Quote:

When he can put in a pristine few blurays and not feed it crap you guys come back and talk.....sheesh. You really do think everyone that says great things about it to the contrary of his limited observations with artifacts from his sources the Darbee is trying to work through.......is off our nut it seems. See it and give it a proper test. My suggested experiment with The Art of Flight stands. Let's see how intellectually honest everyone's willing to be. SPEND SOME TIME PROPER AND FEED IT A LOT OF EXCELLENT DISCS ON AN EXCELLENT DISPLAY. Those that haven't seen it just stop. Is it unfair to ask that?
tkbryant likes this.
RonF is offline  
post #1673 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member
 
DIY Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Ann Arbor, Michigan
Posts: 680
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Sawmill
Jive Turkey

I sent my unit in for the update because of the same symptom you Guy's are having with your MOT DCH32xx/34xx boxes. Sounds like it's still broken.

I'm going to get a new box from Comcast, but would like to know what Motorola model number Comcast users/AVS members have working with the Darblet.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR MOTOROLA CABLE BOX MODEL NO.

Thanks!

Steve
DIY Guy is online now  
post #1674 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:15 PM
Advanced Member
 
sjschaff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Alameda, CA
Posts: 580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Anyone know if these are related in any material way? I'm guessing better pixel alignment leads to better RGB convergence.
If so, would this influence the impact of the Darblet on the image? I'm uncertain that this is true. If true then for displays where this can be aligned by the user, that would seem to be helpful. I'm thinking of multi-chip LCOS or other displays.

JVC RS500 - Stewart Firehawk - Lumagen Radiance Pro - Anthem D2V - Revel Salon speakers - SV Sound SB13 Ultra sub - Tivo/Nvidia Shield TV/Panasonic UB900


sjschaff is offline  
post #1675 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 606
From: Larry Pace
To: Dave Duvall
Sent: Saturday, August 4, 2012 12:18 PM
Subject: re: 3 out of 4 sources okay, cablebox is a no-go


Please try a power cycle on the entire chain, with the Darblet being the first device powered ON.

***********************************************************************
The power cycle thing did not work.

************************************************************************
My reply to Larry:


If I plug the cable box directly into the darbee, I do get an uniterrupted picture, though obviously no sound. If I plug the cable box directly into the projector, I get picture but no sound also. If I change HDMI inputs on the receiver for the cable box, I still get the flashing on and off picture. So it seems the problem is somewhere between the cable box and how it interfaces with the receiver and the Darbee. Again, without the Darbee in the chain, there's no problem with the cablebox/receiver interface. All of the sources go out a single HDMI output to the Darbee or the projector if the Darbee is out of the chain.

Can't figure out why the cablebox input/receiver/Darbee interface would be handled any different than the other three sources with the Darbee in the chain?

****************************************************************************

See ya. Dave

"The Blues ain't nothin' but a botheration on the mind." Otis Spann
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #1676 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
WynsWrld98's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 3,123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 602 Post(s)
Liked: 236
Received my Darbee last night, Epson 6010 projector, Denon AVR-4311 receiver, tried it with my DISH Hopper DVR and Roku streaming box and all good. Haven't tried it yet with my Popcorn Hour or Oppo BDP-93 yet. How long until the Darbee is included in an A/V receiver whereby you could setup/save different Darbee settings for each input? That would be really nice. Denon: are you listening?! smile.gif
WynsWrld98 is offline  
post #1677 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 606
"Terminator Salvation" on Bluray turned out to be excellent demo piece for the Darblet. The detail (HiDef 50%) was incredible, especially in the dark areas, which are large part of the film. This without crushing the blacks, in fact actually improving them. I bet there's a lot of actors who might prefer this box to not work as well on facial detail as it does!

See ya. Dave

"The Blues ain't nothin' but a botheration on the mind." Otis Spann
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #1678 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Jive Turkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: good old USA
Posts: 2,552
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY Guy View Post

Sawmill
Jive Turkey
I sent my unit in for the update because of the same symptom you Guy's are having with your MOT DCH32xx/34xx boxes. Sounds like it's still broken.
I'm going to get a new box from Comcast, but would like to know what Motorola model number Comcast users/AVS members have working with the Darblet.
PLEASE SHARE YOUR MOTOROLA CABLE BOX MODEL NO.
Thanks!



Mine is the updated model, that you can set the effect in single steps up or down.

See my post a bit up. I can't figure out why the Comcast box will show a picture if plugged directly into the Darblet, but not if it goes through the receiver? After all, there's two other HDMI sources and a (cross converted Component to HDMI) source that come out the same HDMI output and work fine with the Darblet.

See ya. Dave

"The Blues ain't nothin' but a botheration on the mind." Otis Spann
Jive Turkey is offline  
post #1679 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:41 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
Moderator
 
rboster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: USA
Posts: 25,638
Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1733 Post(s)
Liked: 2538
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonF View Post

When he can put in a pristine few blurays and not feed it crap you guys come back and talk.....sheesh. You really do think everyone that says great things about it to the contrary of his limited observations with artifacts from his sources the Darbee is trying to work through.......is off our nut it seems. See it and give it a proper test. My suggested experiment with The Art of Flight stands. Let's see how intellectually honest everyone's willing to be. SPEND SOME TIME PROPER AND FEED IT A LOT OF EXCELLENT DISCS ON AN EXCELLENT DISPLAY. Those that haven't seen it just stop. Is it unfair to ask that?

I agree... His lack of interest and effort doesn't really add much to the discussion. Bazlog, if you are striving to find contrary opinions on this product, your agenda would be better served by finding someone who really has tested and spent time/effort to run the darbee through it's paces.
rboster is online now  
post #1680 of 10224 Old 08-04-2012, 04:58 PM
Member
 
sawmill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Lansing, Michigan
Posts: 61
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
To Dsinger & Jive Turkey: I connected direct from Comcast/Motorola through Darbee to the projector and hand shake was successful. This was without going through Yamaha AV receiver. Then to further test I connected from Concast/Motorola through Yamaha AVR through projector and disconnected each of the other units going through the AVR and this did not make a difference. So using the KISS method, I still am unable to successfully achieve a successful handshake through that method. My Epson projector has two HDMI inputs so I am using imput 1 for my Blu Ray and SACD & DVD audio sources and assigning imput 2 for the Comcast/Motorola unit. Of course I am able to only use the Darbee for the Movies, concerts, etc. I am at a complete loss at to what is causing this failure to handshake. I have used the same cables and also interchanged the connecting cables.

Let me know if you guys solve this.
sawmill is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Tags
Darbeevision Darblet Hdmi Video Processor

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off