Forum Jump: 
 79Likes

post #451 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi all,
I've been using the i-scan mini along with a Darbee for some time now and I'm pretty pleased with it. I use them to upscale my satellite box from 1080p/50 to 4k/50. I would be interested to know what settings other members are using for this combo. My settings are
Detail Enhancement 7
Edge Enhancement 3
Ringing suppression High
Output smoothing low
Enable 1080i scale Yes
I have settled on the Darbee at HD 45
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #452 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsMan88 View Post
Hi all,
I've been using the i-scan mini along with a Darbee for some time now and I'm pretty pleased with it. I use them to upscale my satellite box from 1080p/50 to 4k/50. I would be interested to know what settings other members are using for this combo. My settings are
Detail Enhancement 7
Edge Enhancement 3
Ringing suppression High
Output smoothing low
Enable 1080i scale Yes
I have settled on the Darbee at HD 45
Thanks.
These settings are similar to the ones that I was using. If you are feeding a 4K display, then you must have the Darbee before the iscan mini in the chain...
Do you have any problems with HDMI sync? For us, it's intermittent, but really annoying.
post #453 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
These settings are similar to the ones that I was using. If you are feeding a 4K display, then you must have the Darbee before the iscan mini in the chain...
Do you have any problems with HDMI sync? For us, it's intermittent, but really annoying.
I do have the Darbee before the i-scan. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any sync problems whatsoever.
I also bought a Lumagen mini, but it was faulty on arrival, so I had to return it. Would have been interesting to see how all three would have stacked up together! The only problem I've had, is getting both to run from my Denon receiver. Apparently it's a problem with all 2017 Denons, so I just run the satellite box through both, then to tv. As most of my viewing is 1080P and 4K BR discs, It's not really a problem.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #454 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 06:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I do have the Darbee before the i-scan. Fortunately, I haven't experienced any sync problems whatsoever.
I also bought a Lumagen mini, but it was faulty on arrival, so I had to return it. Would have been interesting to see how all three would have stacked up together! The only problem I've had, is getting both to run from my Denon receiver. Apparently it's a problem with all 2017 Denons, so I just run the satellite box through both, then to tv. As most of my viewing is 1080P and 4K BR discs, It's not really a problem.
What sort of HDMI cables are you using for the main run, and for the interconnects between the devices?
Thanks.
BTW, I suspect that if I ran the video directly from the source (BR player/Roku/DTV), I would experience fewer sync issues. However, sadly, it's just not practical... All source components are switched through a Pioneer Elite SC-97 AVR. In our set up, it's the only way to do it. However, it adds one more "chef to the kitchen". I suspect that this triggers the HDMI sync meltdown.
post #455 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbland View Post
What sort of HDMI cables are you using for the main run, and for the interconnects between the devices?
Thanks.
BTW, I suspect that if I ran the video directly from the source (BR player/Roku/DTV), I would experience fewer sync issues. However, sadly, it's just not practical... All source components are switched through a Pioneer Elite SC-97 AVR. In our set up, it's the only way to do it. However, it adds one more "chef to the kitchen". I suspect that this triggers the HDMI sync meltdown.
I'm just using the standard high speed 1.5m HDMI cables that came with the devices. I was experiencing audio sync problems until I turned off HDMI control on the receiver. This seems to have solved the problem. Just means having to turn off the devices individually. No biggie.
post #456 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm just using the standard high speed 1.5m HDMI cables that came with the devices. I was experiencing audio sync problems until I turned off HDMI control on the receiver. This seems to have solved the problem. Just means having to turn off the devices individually. No biggie.
Not sure what you mean? Do you turn off the iscan and/or the Darbee each time you use them? I've never done this...I've always just left them on and turned on the AVR and the source device, while leaving the processors on all the time.
Also, what did you mean about turning off the "HDMI control" on the receiver? Do you mean ARC?
Thanks.
post #457 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 11:45 AM

I also leave the Darbee and i-scan on,but turn everything else off using a Harmony 650 remote.I leave ARC enabled as I need it for Atmos from my BR player. A lot of people on the forum also turn HDMI control off, as it known to cause issues in some cases. Why not give it a try? You can always turn it back on again if it doesn't make any difference.
post #458 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 01:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I also leave the Darbee and i-scan on,but turn everything else off using a Harmony 650 remote.I leave ARC enabled as I need it for Atmos from my BR player. A lot of people on the forum also turn HDMI control off, as it known to cause issues in some cases. Why not give it a try? You can always turn it back on again if it doesn't make any difference.
I'm not even sure where HDMI control is located in the Pioneer SC-97 menu tree. I can not recall seeing it. What does it do?
Is it a "global setting that effects all inputs, or is it controllable on each component "IN"?
Thanks
post #459 of 459 Old 03-20-2020, 02:50 PM

Not sure where it is on the Pioneer as I've only ever owned Denon receivers but it should be on all your devices. On my Sony Bravia it's called 'Bravia sync control' It just links all HDMI devices together so they can all turn on and off together but can sometimes prove problematic. You may have to look for it in the Pioneer manuel.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page