post #61 of 448 Old 09-29-2014, 02:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVDO View Post
Understand - we will reproduce
Latest firmware (this week - soon) addresses this.

4K EDID handling in displays is, strangely, not completely standardized. Different manufacturers handle it differently either using VICs in the STD list and/or DTDs - but some also don't properly list the native of the display. If you could provide us the exact model of your display its pretty straightforward to grab its EDID and we can analyze the issue. In fact, if you have a Quick6, issuing a "u30 CC 0" will dump the main output EDID so it can be emailed.

We bought a large quantity of them using that same model and they are all functional - reading your email I just went and tested again to be sure. My understanding is that it has to be a stereo plug for the receiver as the device needs +5V, GND, and a data line. The mono plugs should be for the transmit - the devices look alike except for this. If you look at the picture on the monoprice page, it shows a stereo plug - so my first thought is that somehow they sent you a transmitter as opposed to a receiver?
Thanks for all the answers !

I've a IR Receiver (RX is printed on it). But i can not test it with a another piece of equipment ... I will try to have a exchange of my product, maybe it has a defect.

For those issues :

No picture when switching from "No Scaling" to "Auto Scaling" sometimes --> No problem with 1.0.2 firmware

For the long HDMI handshake when using DeepColor this is my setup :

Oppo BDP-93 --> Yamaha YSP-2200 Sound Bar --> Iscan Mini --> SAmsung 55F9000 4K TV

I will test without my sound bar to check if i have the same behaviour

And now, we are waiting a new firmware

Last edited by deuch2k; 09-30-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 448 Old 09-30-2014, 05:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Will there be a full hdmi 2.0 (18gbps) iscan mini version?
post #63 of 448 Old 10-01-2014, 01:19 AM

Update :

I've got the new Evolution Kit for my Samsung TV. Now it can handle [email protected] and [email protected] (4:2:0). But in Auto mode, the Iscan can not "see" it. With a 1080p50 signal, in Auto mode, it's not upscaled ... I've forced it with the DVDO mode to [email protected] and it works (but not very usefull for 60Hz). I've try to capture the EDID but [email protected] and [email protected] stay at "No" and i can not force it to "Yes".

I've try to capture EDID many time with no luck.

For the record i've a Samsung UN55F9000 (EU model) with new evolution kit SEK-2500U (HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 ...)

An idea ? A way to force the iScan to upscale in Auto Mode to [email protected] and [email protected] please ?

Last edited by deuch2k; 10-01-2014 at 05:50 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 448 Old 10-01-2014, 09:31 AM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Allow me to answer this general topic (different questions from different users with similar questions)

The original firmware did have a few extra patterns, but (yeah you probably won't like this answer) we were asked to remove the 10% step greyscale patterns as this is not meant to be a calibration device (that is what AVLab is meant for) - Truly I understand the desire, and even though mini cannot be controlled automatically from CalMan or Chromapure for calibration, the 10% patterns put it in a low end TPG (DIY) category. Let me look into this a little and see if we can find a solution that meets the interests of all parties. In the meantime, you should be able to load original firmware without it causing trouble. I suggest loading and then immediately doing a factory reset to make sure all the memories are cleared. To do this, with no cables plugged in, hold both external buttons while applying power.

Throw up another post if you cannot get the original back and we will help you.

Hello,

I have managed to reset the firmware by pushing the 2 exposed blue buttons while plugging in the USB power as you described. The newly restored v1.00 firmware strangely did not have the patterns I wanted but it did allow me to install the v1.00 firmware I originally saved from the unit when I first connected it to a computer. That v1.00 firmware had all the old patterns.

In the future I may have to upgrade the firmware for some reason and I wanted to ask about an alternative calibration pattern which seems to be in all the firmware iterations, namely the "Greyscale 8" pattern. What are the IRE percentage levels on that pattern ?

Thanks for all your help !

Sanjay
post #65 of 448 Old 10-01-2014, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by deuch2k View Post
Thanks for all the answers !

I've a IR Receiver (RX is printed on it). But i can not test it with a another piece of equipment ... I will try to have a exchange of my product, maybe it has a defect.

For those issues :

No picture when switching from "No Scaling" to "Auto Scaling" sometimes --> No problem with 1.0.2 firmware

For the long HDMI handshake when using DeepColor this is my setup :

Oppo BDP-93 --> Yamaha YSP-2200 Sound Bar --> Iscan Mini --> SAmsung 55F9000 4K TV

I will test without my sound bar to check if i have the same behaviour

And now, we are waiting a new firmware
Thanks for double checking on the deep color issue - let me know your result.
Excellent on the 1.02 solving one of your issues.
post #66 of 448 Old 10-01-2014, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Update :

I've got the new Evolution Kit for my Samsung TV. Now it can handle [email protected] and [email protected] (4:2:0). But in Auto mode, the Iscan can not "see" it. With a 1080p50 signal, in Auto mode, it's not upscaled ... I've forced it with the DVDO mode to [email protected] and it works (but not very usefull for 60Hz). I've try to capture the EDID but [email protected] and [email protected] stay at "No" and i can not force it to "Yes".

I've try to capture EDID many time with no luck.

For the record i've a Samsung UN55F9000 (EU model) with new evolution kit SEK-2500U (HDMI 2.0 / HDCP 2.2 ...)

An idea ? A way to force the iScan to upscale in Auto Mode to [email protected] and [email protected] please ?
Yes, that is a bug we just fixed with firmware - don't have a number yet but I expext it will be 1.03. Give us a couple days of test and then I can send to you to test prior to release.
Drop me an email at [email protected] so I can send to you.

Also - in a different post I think you reported an issue with not returning to proper user1 settings - also just had that fixed.
post #67 of 448 Old 10-01-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee0120 View Post
Will there be a full hdmi 2.0 (18gbps) iscan mini version?
Excellent question and yes, that's on my roadmap. I actually did a lot of training on HDMI2 at CEDIA this year and our general position is that everyone is good for about another year (that's a long story obviously) but by this time next year you need not only 600MHz (we chip folks think in terms of MHz as opposed to b/s) but HDCP 2.2.
post #68 of 448 Old 10-01-2014, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked: 645
Quote:
Excellent question and yes, that's on my roadmap. I actually did a lot of training on HDMI2 at CEDIA this year and our general position is that everyone is good for about another year (that's a long story obviously) but by this time next year you need not only 600MHz (we chip folks think in terms of MHz as opposed to b/s) but HDCP 2.2.
I really like the current iscan mini, I will be looking forward to getting the new updated one. Also, I'm wondering will there be a 4k DVDO video processor? Or a 4k external cms?
post #69 of 448 Old 10-04-2014, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Thanks for double checking on the deep color issue - let me know your result.
Excellent on the 1.02 solving one of your issues.
I've check without the sound bar and the HDMI handshake is blazing fast with the iScan. So the problem "come from" the sound bar itself. Or maybe a problem with EDID communication between those 2 components ?
post #70 of 448 Old 10-08-2014, 03:35 PM

I'm waiting for it too
post #71 of 448 Old 10-08-2014, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 60
same here
post #72 of 448 Old 10-20-2014, 01:46 AM

Hello,

Any news about the new firmware ?
post #73 of 448 Old 11-10-2014, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked: 1311
Quote:
Hello,

Any news about the new firmware ?
I don't think there is a new one at this time. Even for us to help beta test!

NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | 4K/60 HDR10 ATMOS-best streaming device for image and sound available today!
post #74 of 448 Old 11-11-2014, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Hello,

I just came across this. I have been thinking about adding some sort of video processor to my setup. I was looking at either a Darbee or DVDO Edge.

My setup consists of

Epson HD705 "720p"
96 inch DIY Silver Fire screen
Onkyo tx-nr709
Xbox 360 and PS3

This looks like it would work for my set up. I output everything to 720p and looking to see if this would help add more pop and just a better overall image. I may add a Xbox One soon. I do a lot of gaming so i am also worried about a lag. Does this device add any sort of lag due to the processing?

Thank you
post #75 of 448 Old 11-16-2014, 03:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by splatee View Post
Hello,

I just came across this. I have been thinking about adding some sort of video processor to my setup. I was looking at either a Darbee or DVDO Edge.

My setup consists of

Epson HD705 "720p"
96 inch DIY Silver Fire screen
Onkyo tx-nr709
Xbox 360 and PS3

This looks like it would work for my set up. I output everything to 720p and looking to see if this would help add more pop and just a better overall image. I may add a Xbox One soon. I do a lot of gaming so i am also worried about a lag. Does this device add any sort of lag due to the processing?

Thank you
Hello i've tested it with a PS4, and when upscale to 4K is done by the Iscan Mini, input lag is noticeable. I'm using Optical output of the PS4 to my soundbar. PS4 is connected in HDMI to iScan Mini and to my TV. You can notice without an effort that there is a lip-sync issue with this setup. Without the 4K upscale, it's barely noticeable.
post #76 of 448 Old 11-19-2014, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
I don't think there is a new one at this time. Even for us to help beta test!
Hello!

I recently purchased(not yet arrived) a Darbee DVP5000 to pair with my Benq w1070 and went in search of recommended settings. I happen to stumble across joerod's website and read the DVDO iscan Mini review. After reading his review, I am having second thoughts about my recent Darbee purchase. If you had to choose just one device to improve overall picture quality, which one would you purchase; the Darbee DVP5000 or the DVDO iScan Mini?

Just out of curiosity; would it be possible to use both devices simultaneously? What would the order of connections be? All sources to receiver, receiver out to DVDO Iscan Mini, DVDO Iscan Mini out to Darbee, and then Darbee out to projector?

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!
post #77 of 448 Old 11-19-2014, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton03 View Post
Hello!

I recently purchased(not yet arrived) a Darbee DVP5000 to pair with my Benq w1070 and went in search of recommended settings. I happen to stumble across joerod's website and read the DVDO iscan Mini review. After reading his review, I am having second thoughts about my recent Darbee purchase. If you had to choose just one device to improve overall picture quality, which one would you purchase; the Darbee DVP5000 or the DVDO iScan Mini?

Just out of curiosity; would it be possible to use both devices simultaneously? What would the order of connections be? All sources to receiver, receiver out to DVDO Iscan Mini, DVDO Iscan Mini out to Darbee, and then Darbee out to projector?

Any help and direction would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!!!
The DVDO Mini is more beneficial with a 4K display. I would go Darbee first with a 1080p display. Actually instead of both devices combine the funds and get an oppo 103D which has the Darblet built in.

NVIDIA Shield TV Pro | 4K/60 HDR10 ATMOS-best streaming device for image and sound available today!
post #78 of 448 Old 11-20-2014, 08:30 AM

Well i am having issues.

I just received one off the big auction site and it was missing the remote. It looks brand new, all other cables unopened and original box. I can not get an image to display on my projector or lcd tv. I have tried different HDMI cables, resets, firmware new and old. I have a remotes being sent to me. Is there something else i can do?

Thank you
post #79 of 448 Old 11-20-2014, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Can I asked how much you scored it for? And no remote would be a huge pain.

post #80 of 448 Old 11-20-2014, 09:27 AM

Ok, i have it working on a 32 inch lcd. It seems when i try to connect to the projector i get no image. I am using a 20ft mono price HDMI cable and tried another that i have. I have even bypassed the Onkyo receiver and still no picture. I am starting to wonder if this is a hdmi sync issue to the projector.
post #81 of 448 Old 11-20-2014, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by joerod View Post
The DVDO Mini is more beneficial with a 4K display. I would go Darbee first with a 1080p display. Actually instead of both devices combine the funds and get an oppo 103D which has the Darblet built in.
Thank you for the advice!!! It is much appreciated!

Just a few questions concerning the Oppo 103D, its capabilities, and how it would benefit the overall picture quality. It's a relatively expensive piece of equipment (from my standpoint), and I'm curious if the picture improvements to my current equipment would be worth the expense at this time.

1. How many video sources can be improved by the Oppo? In other words, how many devices can be connected and improved by the Oppo's video enhancements?

2. I have a PS3 and a DirecTv box that I would like video enhancements performed on. How would I connect those devices through the Oppo in conjunction with my receiver?

3. In addition to the Darbee feature, what other video enhancements does the Oppo posses that would benefit the PS3 and DirecTv picture?

4. Does the Oppo perform these enhancements while off?

Thanks again for your help!!!
post #82 of 448 Old 11-20-2014, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

You could run your devices all through your receiver then send its HDMI out to the Oppo 103D's Hdmi input on the back. You also could use a Hdmi switcher. It may not look as well but there is actually a Hdmi input on the front of the 103D so you could send one in the back the other in the front.

All sources would benefit with the 103D capabilities of scaling and adding it's cool Darbee touch. The 103D has to be on access the inputs. It does have a good amount of enhancements. I love mine with DirecTV.

post #83 of 448 Old 11-21-2014, 05:17 PM

Finally got it working. I had to pick up a HDMI signal repeater. Picked one up from Radio Shack. There was a noticeable improvement to the picture quality. I have the DVDO iscan mini set to "low" for enhancement and have it set to scale 720p 60 to the projector.
post #84 of 448 Old 11-23-2014, 03:21 AM

So DVDO, please inform us about new firmware ... Some bugs are very annoying
post #85 of 448 Old 11-24-2014, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
iScan Duo and iScan Mini Incompatibilities

I have retired my iScan mini because of the problems it is causing with my system.
Nothing elaborate Duo , Classe SSP 800 , Direct TV , OPPO 103 , PS4 - Sony XBR 65X850A
Cabling Wireworld Silver 5 and above.
Everything working perfectly until the introduction of Mini.
After Mini, Duo locks up on shutdown of sources/system and requires hard reset to get going. Not very practical .
Removed Mini all is well again.
Any thoughts on problem please?

Last edited by nhollis; 11-25-2014 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Spelling
post #86 of 448 Old 11-28-2014, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhollis View Post
I have retired my iScan mini because of the problems it is causing with my system.
Nothing elaborate Duo , Classe SSP 800 , Direct TV , OPPO 103 , PS4 - Sony XBR 65X850A
Cabling Wireworld Silver 5 and above.
Everything working perfectly until the introduction of Mini.
After Mini, Duo locks up on shutdown of sources/system and requires hard reset to get going. Not very practical .
Removed Mini all is well again.
Any thoughts on problem please?
I am using mine with a Duo and has issues until I made a couple of menu changes in the Duo and upgraded the firmware on the mini. When I get a chance I will peak at the Duo and report back.

post #87 of 448 Old 11-30-2014, 03:04 AM

Ok so no news from DVDO. Do we need to be worried about something ? No more longer support of the product ? About 3 months without fix for obvious bugs ... I'm starting to be a little confused about mini's future ...
post #88 of 448 Old 12-04-2014, 06:42 AM

New iScan Mini Firmware v1.03

Hi all:
We are releasing a new (beta) version of firmware v1.03 - which is intended to address most of the issues reported on this forum as well as a few more direct from customers: You can download it from here as it has not yet posted to our website: personalizedstitches.com/iScan_Mini_01_03_800.zip

* Per specific request from this thread, we added back in the 10 step greyscale patterns so you can at least do a manual greyscale calibration (although this device will not directly interface with calman) - so those of you avoiding upgrades to keep the greyscale patterns from V01.00 can now upgrade.

* As a corollary, we now allow Mini to have an output even without an input (before you needed some input and that essentially determined the output format - now you can manually choose the format using DVDO mode even without an input)

* Fixed all remaining (reported) 50Hz issues - scale from 1080p50 to 4K50 for instance

* Fixed reported 4K pass-through issues

* Some reports of settings not "sticking"- this is resolved by doing a factory reset which is required after a firmware update. This version now forces a factory reset after an update so WARNING - write down your settings before upgrading as they will be lost with this update.

* Various other bug fixes (these are actually the reason for the longer than normal delay between versions as we spent a lot of time in QA finding and fixing small issues)

---
Reported bugs that we have not yet been able to reproduce in the lab but are investigating (Anyone able to reproduce these we would be grateful for help nailing them down)

* Some users report that using Duo then mini in a chain can lock up Duo on various power downs. - can't reproduce
* Some users report using a matrix switch then mini can lose HDMI audio when switching to SD sources - can't reproduce
* Reported lockups using LG bluray-LG TV, turn off LG bluray - can't reproduce

Grateful for any feedback.
(Will also be posting new avlab, Air3C, and config util shortly if any of you have those products)

Last edited by DVDO; 12-04-2014 at 06:42 AM. Reason: embarrasing spelling
post #89 of 448 Old 12-04-2014, 07:09 AM

Hello DVDO,

Thanks for the update ! I will test it ASAP
post #90 of 448 Old 12-05-2014, 08:27 AM

I downloaded the beta v1.03. I went and reinstalled the previouse version back. There were a few bugs.

1 - i was unable to set the output to 720p it was defaulting to 1080p. If i changed the scaling to DVDO mode then i could set it to 720p 60hz.

2 - i set all settings to where i had them previosly and the image still looked a bit on the soft side, just did not look as sharp.

I did not do any more testing. I just went ahead and loaded firmware v1.02.

The problem i am having with the mini is when i have it set to DVDO scale it has sync issues when i turn my equipment back on. I have to turn off scaling and all is well. Sometimes i have to power cycle it. I am going to swap a few Hdmi cables and see if it helps. I did have to by a hdmi signal booster just to get my projector to sync up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page