HDfury Integral... - Page 116 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 623Likes

post #3451 of 5419 Old 12-31-2016, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you bought the integral from HDfury.com last 2 months and received it recently, use top input, hdcp slide on 1.4 and edid slide on automix.
If your unit is older, use bottom input, hdcp slide on 1.4 and edid slide on automix.

Connect K8500 > INTEGRAL > HDMI 3 or 4

If you haven't any picture after the above, move EDID slide to FIXED and report if you got a picture or not.
if still no picture on fixed, connect Integral to PC via USB and run GUI and take GUI screenshot please.

Already out for Android, in apple hands for iOS.

Automix will work like EDID10 if HDR FLAG is OFF and BT2020 FLAG is ON. (Assuming we always talk about same capable source at the input of course and that sink EDID doesn't have limiting or killing factor for the purpose like extra low res)

You need to add the Linker between Integral output and AVR input so it lower the secondary 4K signal (one going to your TV) to a res supported by your AVR.
In the meantime you can try Beta AVR with TV on bottom output and AVR on top output.

It's something Integral can more likely help once we have determined what's the issue is exactly

Try to connect cable box to TV directly and see in TV info or cable box setting/info menu if you can determine the output resolution.
May be it's sending 1080i and X1S doesn't support it.

What is your android phone brand/model ?
If the cheap splitter is left out, the cable box works just fine with the Xbox One S. As soon as we add the splitter in, we only get a picture if we remove the cable box from the system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 5419 Old 12-31-2016, 07:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Quoted: 4092 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
Curious question about the Integral, just so I understand it exactly if asked.
  • Basically, the fury is a pass through device, with no picture modification abilties at all
  • What it does is hide the display specs from all your source devices, and sends out its own "specs" which are user defined to the source devices.
  • Basically allowing you to control what all your source devices think your display/AVR is capable of (HDR, HDCP, etc...)?
In order:

- Yes, except it can give you 4K60 4:2:0 8b 300MHz and 4K60 4:4:4 8b 600MHz at the same time from an incoming 4K60 4:4:4 8b 600MHz signal and the advanced split screen feature used for some PJ and running long cable.
- Yes, user defined via list of edid banks or via flags + automix algo (mixing sink as you wish/intend)
- Yes, source will see a HDMI2.0a/HDCP2.2 capable device with capabilities limited or not by the edid selection
It also does splitter, matrix, audio extracting, audio replacement, HTPC mode, cec command, metadata injection and others ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by caresrg View Post
If the cheap splitter is left out, the cable box works just fine with the Xbox One S. As soon as we add the splitter in, we only get a picture if we remove the cable box from the system.
Understood and i tend to say Integral will solve it, but still if you want 100% upfront confirmation, please try to get info about HDMI resolution being sent by cable box.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #3453 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 09:06 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Hello all,

I am trying to strip HDR with my integral but I am unable to.

I have a Panasonic UB700 and an Epson 6040UB, when I strip HDR the panasonic UB700 goes into Dynamic Range Conversion Output mode.

This projector reports it is receiving BT. 2020 and SDR but I am unable to disable the Dynamic Range Conversion.

Does anybody know how to?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3454 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 09:28 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 5827
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAttewell View Post
Hello all,

I am trying to strip HDR with my integral but I am unable to.

I have a Panasonic UB700 and an Epson 6040UB, when I strip HDR the panasonic UB700 goes into Dynamic Range Conversion Output mode.

This projector reports it is receiving BT. 2020 and SDR but I am unable to disable the Dynamic Range Conversion.

Does anybody know how to?
I have the UB900 and dynamic conversion is what you want. In that mode, the 700/900 will either output HDR 2020 as SDR 2020 (what I want, and it seems what you want) or SDR 709.

My display can do HDR, but I dont care for the result, so I use Custom mode 10 (420 2020 FS) and I get SDR 2020 12bit from my Pany 900.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
Oppo UDP-203 / Sony X800M2
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP502S / FV15HP
post #3455 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have the UB900 and dynamic conversion is what you want. In that mode, the 700/900 will either output HDR 2020 as SDR 2020 (what I want, and it seems what you want) or SDR 709.

My display can do HDR, but I dont care for the result, so I use Custom mode 10 (420 2020 FS) and I get SDR 2020 12bit from my Pany 900.
Well if that is the case then I don't need an integral as dynamic conversion mode makes the image look even darker than with HDR enabled.

I see what your saying about the output being BT. 2020 & SDR and that is what my projector is reporting It is receiving but I think the panasonic is applying its own faux HDR if you like and I do not want this.

HDR on this projector is very dark so I just want to strip HDR and lean the REC. 2020 colourspace behind.
post #3456 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 10:24 AM

You shouldnt just strip HDR, it needs to be converted to SDR 2020. That is what the Pannys do, with the Integral, and it is very accurate. Sounds like you need to pause a scene you think is too dark, and us the Dynamic Conversion slider on the Panny. That is what it is for.

When you are watching a flick, pause it and hit option on the remote. You find that slider there. IIRC, it is for adjustment since all devices don't have the same nit output.

Ive been lucky, my OLED looks great on the stock setting on that slider.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F

Last edited by gadgtfreek; 01-01-2017 at 10:28 AM.
post #3457 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 10:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
You shouldnt just strip HDR, it needs to be converted to SDR 2020. That is what the Pannys do, with the Integral, and it is very accurate. Sounds like you need to pause a scene you think is too dark, and us the Dynamic Conversion slider on the Panny. That is what it is for.

When you are watching a flick, pause it and hit option on the remote. You find that slider there. IIRC, it is for adjustment since all devices don't have the same nit output.

Ive been lucky, my OLED looks great on the stock setting on that slider.
I have had to crank mine up to +20 but I guess this is because my projector won't produce over 150 nits.

Many thanks for you help the image is a lot brighter now but the colour pops.
post #3458 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAttewell View Post
I have had to crank mine up to +20 but I guess this is because my projector won't produce over 150 nits.

Many thanks for you help the image is a lot brighter now but the colour pops.
yeah, its nice Panny worked that slider in there to help.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3459 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 01:32 PM

Quote:
In order:

- Yes, except it can give you 4K60 4:2:0 8b 300MHz and 4K60 4:4:4 8b 600MHz at the same time from an incoming 4K60 4:4:4 8b 600MHz signal and the advanced split screen feature used for some PJ and running long cable.
- Yes, user defined via list of edid banks or via flags + automix algo (mixing sink as you wish/intend)
- Yes, source will see a HDMI2.0a/HDCP2.2 capable device with capabilities limited or not by the edid selection
It also does splitter, matrix, audio extracting, audio replacement, HTPC mode, cec command, metadata injection and others ...

Understood and i tend to say Integral will solve it, but still if you want 100% upfront confirmation, please try to get info about HDMI resolution being sent by cable box.
The cable box is a Cisco Explorer 8640 HDC. As far as we can tell, it is actually outputting 1080i (sorry, it was another box that had the lower res, but the one we want to use is 1080i). Do you think I can use the Integral to split the signal from the cable box, through the Xbox One S, to two different televisions, both capable of 1080p?
post #3460 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 02:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 24
This has been discussed over and over with differing results so, I ask of your patience with my inquiry as I just need a definitive and current answer.

Source: Sammy 8500
Display: JVC RS400 w/2020 firmware and settings

Very simply, Will integrating a HDF Integral strip the signal of HDR while maintaining WCG to my JVC?

Thanks
post #3461 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 04:07 PM

Liked: 17
Can the Integral Display the bitrate of content being passed through the Integral? For example, while connected via the Android App?
post #3462 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 07:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The cable box is a Cisco Explorer 8640 HDC. As far as we can tell, it is actually outputting 1080i (sorry, it was another box that had the lower res, but the one we want to use is 1080i). Do you think I can use the Integral to split the signal from the cable box, through the Xbox One S, to two different televisions, both capable of 1080p?
Ok, so CISCO > X1S > TV is working already, you tested this setup already individually ?
If yes, then yes, Integral will allow you to run cable to both TV, please confirm cable length.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
This has been discussed over and over with differing results so, I ask of your patience with my inquiry as I just need a definitive and current answer.

Source: Sammy 8500
Display: JVC RS400 w/2020 firmware and settings

Very simply, Will integrating a HDF Integral strip the signal of HDR while maintaining WCG to my JVC?

Thanks
Yes, K8500 and UB700/900 will allow you to get SDR BT2020 when used with Integral and EDID10 or with BT2020 flag ON and HDR flag OFF in automix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davahad View Post
Can the Integral Display the bitrate of content being passed through the Integral? For example, while connected via the Android App?
No sorry, not currently and i'm not sure if it's possible. (would need to ask our guys to know) is it important feature to you ? and if you can tell us why, thank you.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #3463 of 5419 Old 01-01-2017, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Ok, so CISCO > X1S > TV is working already, you tested this setup already individually ?
If yes, then yes, Integral will allow you to run cable to both TV, please confirm cable length.

Yes, K8500 and UB700/900 will allow you to get SDR BT2020 when used with Integral and EDID10 or with BT2020 flag ON and HDR flag OFF in automix.

No sorry, not currently and i'm not sure if it's possible. (would need to ask our guys to know) is it important feature to you ? and if you can tell us why, thank you.
We did test that setup and it works. One cable is 3 feet long; the one to the other room will be 50 feet (Bluerigger in-wall high-speed HDMI).
post #3464 of 5419 Old 01-02-2017, 03:29 AM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecossecableman View Post
Struggling to make sense of conflicting info Im afraid Previously its been posted elsewhere that the Integral wont get me 4k but maybe the poster meant it wont get me BT2020. anyway a couple of things now that Oppo has arrived...

bear in mind with the Panny I could not get it to 'see' that my Sony 1000ES was a 4K display no matter which setting I used, THANKFULLY THE OPPO SAW IT STRAIGHT AWAY. BIG BIG one up to the Oppo YEAH!

1) pressing play or enter did not initially get the movie to start. had to switch off then back on to get disc start up menu (1-1)
2) the PJ is telling me its receiving 4k (2-1)
3) wheres the bloody button to see whats actually happening video wise-its easy to find on the Panny remote (2-2) Ok read the manual just saw it sorry
4) straight out the box the audio is better on the oppo yes its slightly hard but that will came down but the overall sound is better I heard it within 30 seconds (3-2)
5)video wise Im really not seeing oversaturation. Early days of course I have stripped the metadata to begin with but i will play with HDR OFF too, resolution set to UHD auto -SHOULD I CHANGE THAT?
6) what should I have for the colorspace Its set to AUTO at mo
7) ditto Colour Depth Its AUTO at mo
8) I have not adjusted ANY oppo internal pic settings yet, or calibrated, Im just using the settings I had for the Panny at mo
9) bass crossover confused me I have it set at 40Hz in my Denon AVP so I put it above that in the Oppo, to 50Hz, yes or no?

To answer your questions Curly: At mo Im not going to use the HD Fury till Im familiar with the player but do U have a link to Edid 8? Im sorry I dont know what edid I have at mo that worked with the Panny 900 I received 6 in all by email before I could get it to work. Im going to add the Integral after I type this see what happens but as stated above Ive already got 4k going to the PJ which I didnt have with the Panny ie it needed the Integral to get me 4k.

Im not sure what settings your referring to in the Panny. I don't think it made any difference though as as soon as the Integral was introduced and I found an edid that worked (took ages that problem lol) then I didnt need to change anything ie i dont think deep colour was an issue

Im only on my first disc-Deadpool. No banding that I can discern,yet!
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlyjive View Post
Edid 8 is built into the newer firmware for the integral.
Ah! so I dont have it where can I get it plz thx

Sony A1 55" OLED;Sony X800 4k UHD blu-ray
Sony 1000ES PJ ;StewartScreen 1.3 100"
Denon 'Cinemike' Upgraded/Heavily Modified AVP A1HD
Raidho, BG, and B&W Loudspeakers;Ecosse-Dezorel Mains Filter
Darbee;Lexicon and Proceed Amplification;Sky HD
Ecosse Reference Big Red Mains, HDMI, Loudspeaker/Analogue/Digital Interconnect Cables
post #3465 of 5419 Old 01-02-2017, 04:27 AM

ok finally got Fury and oppo 203 with HDR swt to ON to my Sony 1000ES to work and got BT2020 SDR BUT HATED PIC and it screwed up HOME MENU which disappeared altogether took Fury out of chain went back to HDR off and thats best at mo

Ecosse Reference Big Red Mains, HDMI, Loudspeaker/Analogue/Digital Interconnect Cables
post #3466 of 5419 Old 01-02-2017, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
We did test that setup and it works. One cable is 3 feet long; the one to the other room will be 50 feet (Bluerigger in-wall high-speed HDMI).
Yes that will work without issue then, just make sure integral is powered via wall plug and not usb port to run long cable.

post #3467 of 5419 Old 01-02-2017, 06:38 AM

@HDfury you were not kidding about Apple being SLOW!

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3468 of 5419 Old 01-02-2017, 08:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury you were not kidding about Apple being SLOW!
Yes Google Play is automatic and Apple have manual validation by humans, celebrations/days off didn't help. Hopefully they are back at work now

Btw, Happy New Year to all our AVS fellows !
Manni01 likes this.

post #3469 of 5419 Old 01-02-2017, 09:10 AM

Id like to get 4K netflix with Integral and Sony 1000ES PJ interface. Any device that offers Netflix in 4k30 would allow this. Is there such a source?

post #3470 of 5419 Old 01-03-2017, 01:53 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello. I have samsung k8500, hd fury integral and shogun inferno. I try to capture hdr video from k8500 to inferno, but have some problem with sync. The final capture video is a little bit faster, 291ms (calc on audio) sync error on ~90min video. In video this error appears as periodical frame drops. In sound have strange periodically artifact every ~6.5sec, like "bzzz" on high freq. What am I doing wrong?
post #3471 of 5419 Old 01-03-2017, 05:20 PM

Apple finally released the 2.0.1 app.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F
post #3472 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_p View Post
Hello. I have samsung k8500, hd fury integral and shogun inferno. I try to capture hdr video from k8500 to inferno, but have some problem with sync. The final capture video is a little bit faster, 291ms (calc on audio) sync error on ~90min video. In video this error appears as periodical frame drops. In sound have strange periodically artifact every ~6.5sec, like "bzzz" on high freq. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing to do with Integral, check another source and if same issue then you know it's the atomos that have an issue.

Quote:
Apple finally released the 2.0.1 app.
Great, please let us know if it helps or if there is still some fix to make.

Last edited by HDfury; 01-04-2017 at 08:32 AM.
post #3473 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So why does the Samsung K8500 show HDCP 1.4 as input on the integral? Shouldnt it be 2.0? The Atomos Inferno receives a 23,98 framerate signal from the Integral instead of the 24fps it shows on the input. Could that be introducing synch issues and framedrops?
post #3474 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerAfx View Post
So why does the Samsung K8500 show HDCP 1.4 as input on the integral? Shouldnt it be 2.0? The Atomos Inferno receives a 23,98 framerate signal from the Integral instead of the 24fps it shows on the input. Could that be introducing synch issues and framedrops?
Sorry is that same person with another account or another person with same issue ?

The fact that K8500 display HDCP1.4, 2.2, 0.0 or DVI-D means nothing regarding the issue reported. Your issue is either that Samsung doesn't keep up the flow or that Atomos is losing something in recording process. Trying another source and having same results or not will immediately confirm where the issue is coming from. Anyway, i believe Atomos can answer those questions much better as once again, it have nothing to do with Integral. 4K HDR is a lot of data and might be compressed somehow so the issue is more likely with Atomos than with Samsung.

Last edited by HDfury; 01-04-2017 at 09:15 AM.
post #3475 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 09:16 AM

Just an idea as others seem to have similiar issues. Another Source would mean another player, which I dont have (yet) at hand.. So the Integrals info in the gui isnt necessarily true/binding?
post #3476 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Just an idea as others seem to have similiar issues. Another Source would mean another player, which I dont have (yet) at hand.. So the Integrals info in the gui isnt necessarily true/binding?
If other have similar issues with Atomos, then you know where the issue comes from
Integral will report 24fps if it's 24 or 23.98, just like it will report 60 no matter if it's 60 or 59.9x. We can add correct/different report for those if people believes it's a good thing and won't just confuse them.

post #3477 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 09:48 AM

I think it would be helpful to see the hdcp version for input and output as well as the extact framerate, yes Unfortunately there is no other capture device besides the Inferno, that supports 4k60p with hdr, bt2020, ProRes and hdmi.. so if its not working with this, there wont be another method to check where the error comes from.
post #3478 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 09:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I think it would be helpful to see the hdcp version for input and output as well as the extact framerate, yes Unfortunately there is no other capture device besides the Inferno, that supports 4k60p with hdr, bt2020, ProRes and hdmi.. so if its not working with this, there wont be another method to check where the error comes from.
Atomos should be perfectly aware of the issue, did you ask them already ?

post #3479 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Atomos should be perfectly aware of the issue, did you ask them already ?
Yes, yet they arent as eager to reply and support as you are..
post #3480 of 5419 Old 01-04-2017, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 307 Post(s)
Quoted: 5346 Post(s)
Liked: 5385
Quote:
If other have similar issues with Atomos, then you know where the issue comes from
Integral will report 24fps if it's 24 or 23.98, just like it will report 60 no matter if it's 60 or 59.9x. We can add correct/different report for those if people believes it's a good thing and won't just confuse them.

Exact framerate would be great.

By the way did you hear from the developpers re displaying the HDR metadata info?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
K8500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page