HDfury Integral... - Page 182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 632Likes

post #5431 of 5452 Old 11-05-2019, 03:43 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If GUI is working, then FW version of the unit should be displayed on top right corner.
Yes, that's 0.65.0.38
Quote:
ok so use TOP INPUT, now verify on the unit INPUTS LABELS, if both are labeled similarly or if there is a difference between both inputs labels ?
The two input labels are exactly the same.
Quote:
I was asking about HDMI cable length.
Oh, sorry. 2 meters on both ends.
Quote:
Let it on HDCP1.4 ALWAYS, not AUTO and not 2.2, the fact that your devices are 2.2 is not important here. just let HDCP slide always on 1.4 position.
To do any Custom HDR injection, the AUDIO SLIDE MUST BE on JACK position, otherwise you cannot trigger HDR mode in mostly all display out there, only some very old would trigger HDR mode if AUDIO SLIDE is not on JACK position. This is because Integral1 use a an audio infoframe hack to inject HDR metadata, if it's not in audio replacement mode, it cannot inject metadata continuously.
Ok, I think I figured this out by trial and error:

1: HDCP really never matters (I left the slider in the middle but had it set to 2.2 constantly in software just for the sake of knowing it doesn't matter).
2: The Audio slider can be left in the middle but has to be set in software according to the format: HDR10 needs JACK and DolbyVision needs HDMI (neither format works with the opposite config).
3: DolbyVision is fine with most EDID settings but HDR10 needs the Default (the slider can be left in the middle but it has to be set to Default in software)

Additionally, even though CalMAN seems to use the correct HEX values for HDR10, it seems to use incorrect AVI for DolbyVision. I have to set the AVI manually (in software). But at least it works that way.
And CalMAN seems to set Audio to JACK upon connecting to the unit but it doesn't always switch it to JACK whener I pick HDR10 mode in CalMAN again (if I changed it to HDMI manually in the mean time). Similarly, it doesn't seem to set it to HDMI when I pick DolbyVision. So, this needs some manual supervision.

Quote:
Does your AMD pc have watercooling ? we have seen in the past some Corsair watercooling solution using same silabs chipset for USB control and they were in conflict.
As I mentioned, it's a notebook, so: no.
mrtickleuk likes this.

"DIY certified hobby-calibrator" (based on ChadB's "warning signs" list
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5432 of 5452 Old 11-05-2019, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 621 Post(s)
Quoted: 4652 Post(s)
Liked: 1271
Quote:
Originally Posted by janos666 View Post
Yes, that's 0.65.0.38

The two input labels are exactly the same.

Oh, sorry. 2 meters on both ends.

Ok, I think I figured this out by trial and error:

1: HDCP really never matters (I left the slider in the middle but had it set to 2.2 constantly in software just for the sake of knowing it doesn't matter).
2: The Audio slider can be left in the middle but has to be set in software according to the format: HDR10 needs JACK and DolbyVision needs HDMI (neither format works with the opposite config).
3: DolbyVision is fine with most EDID settings but HDR10 needs the Default (the slider can be left in the middle but it has to be set to Default in software)

Additionally, even though CalMAN seems to use the correct HEX values for HDR10, it seems to use incorrect AVI for DolbyVision. I have to set the AVI manually (in software). But at least it works that way.
And CalMAN seems to set Audio to JACK upon connecting to the unit but it doesn't always switch it to JACK whener I pick HDR10 mode in CalMAN again (if I changed it to HDMI manually in the mean time). Similarly, it doesn't seem to set it to HDMI when I pick DolbyVision. So, this needs some manual supervision.

As I mentioned, it's a notebook, so: no.

Ok all good from above answers.

1. It does matter because the device have limitations, if you want 600MHz to go thru, you need HDCP slide on 1.4 or it won't work.
2. Middle position just means GUI defined, any other position is manual force. Middle position have default after firmware flash, so remember to adjust it again if you had it changed everytime you update.
3. Dolby Vision needs DV string on EDID but may be you are talking about calibration only here.

I can only read you regarding CalMAN, never used it sorry.
For PC issue, may be try with an USB hub in between, could be usb issue between silabs and default chipset on notebook, hub in between would fix that immediately.
janos666 likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #5433 of 5452 Old 11-05-2019, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
You did your homework well.

If it's EDID issue, Dr HDMI 4K will fix it.
If it's EDID or HDCP issue, Integral2 will fix it. (but you might need special fw to flash on the unit for that, so send email once order is placed so we can send you the files before you got the unit, so you are all set in advance)

If you go with Integral2, you will solve the issue 100% guaranteed (assuming all your cables are good, since you will need good cable from AMD to INTEGRAL2, then from Integral2 to AVR and then from AVR to TV, at least 3 good cables needed, if copper cables, min 6ft, max 12ft from kabledirekt, bluejeanscables or our cables)

If you go with Dr.HDMI 4K you will solve the issue only if it's EDID related, which is impossible to confirm exactly without trying first.
Thanks! you have no idea how much the issue with my PC has been pissing me off and then to have issues when watching tv I was starting to go nuts. Thankfully the person at Denon gave me a starting point that finally made sense when I googled. It definitely sounded like it could be a EDID issue. What's funny is that as soon as someone explained what could be the problem it's like my TV knew and it hasn't had an issue.
How would I hook this up since it seems to be an issue with multiple inputs? Do I hook it up between my AVR and TV that way it takes care of the issue with cable and my Nvidia graphics card in my PC?
As far as cables I have SecurOmax 4K cables ranging from 4 feet to 8-10 feet max.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5434 of 5452 Old 11-06-2019, 06:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
Thanks! you have no idea how much the issue with my PC has been pissing me off and then to have issues when watching tv I was starting to go nuts. Thankfully the person at Denon gave me a starting point that finally made sense when I googled. It definitely sounded like it could be a EDID issue. What's funny is that as soon as someone explained what could be the problem it's like my TV knew and it hasn't had an issue.
How would I hook this up since it seems to be an issue with multiple inputs? Do I hook it up between my AVR and TV that way it takes care of the issue with cable and my Nvidia graphics card in my PC?
As far as cables I have SecurOmax 4K cables ranging from 4 feet to 8-10 feet max.
I don't know about SecurOmax cables, but I can tell you that Kabledirket are the best cables for the money, cheap and efficient.

Just as I cannot confirm if it's an EDID issue or not at that point, I cannot confirm where the issue is (between source/AVR or between AVR/display). So If you go for EDID manager like Dr.HDMI 4K, then you would have to try it on both positions.
Same if you go for EDID and HDCP solution with Integral2 you would also have to try on both positions to find out.

The fact that it sometime works, sometime not, tends to indicate cable issue more than anything else, EDID or HDCP issue would then be culprit for a certain type of content only in such a way that it can appear to sometime work, sometime not from your point of view, while in reality it is linked to a particular content type.

All that would be super easy to find out once you have one of our devices (and especially Integral2) in the chain because then when you have issue, you could provide a log of what's going thru and then we could easily find a pattern if any (like if a particular type of signal is making issue or not)

At this point, without trying I guess words only won't help, you really need to insert one of our devices and get data about what's going on where there is an issue but more likely just inserting our devices in between will fix the issue (once again, assuming it's not cable issue)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #5435 of 5452 Old 11-06-2019, 06:54 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 1981 Post(s)
Liked: 2385
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatts4Life View Post
Do yourself a huge favor and get some Premium Certified 4K HDMI cables from Blue Jeans, KabelDirekt, or Monoprice (note that none of these options are expensive) to avoid the inevitable nightmare of using 4K cables that don't truly handle 600MHz signals. Looking at the review on Amazon, the SecurOmax cables appear to have issues with 600MHz support (4K60).
HDfury likes this.
post #5436 of 5452 Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
1. It does matter because the device have limitations, if you want 600MHz to go thru, you need HDCP slide on 1.4 or it won't work.
Does it have to be defined by the switch position or is it enough to set this on the GUI?
I think it was irrelevant for me at the time because HDCP wasn't active at all (I wasn't playing copy-protected content).

Quote:
3. Dolby Vision needs DV string on EDID but may be you are talking about calibration only here.
Yes, calibration only. I don't think it's possible to play back DolbyVision on a PC (there are no decoders for it).
Quote:
For PC issue, may be try with an USB hub in between, could be usb issue between silabs and default chipset on notebook, hub in between would fix that immediately.
Yes, the HUB idea crossed my mind but I wasn't sure if that could help with this incompatibility and I have no HUBs around to test this.
But the v3 driver worked eventually (just required a lot of manual tinkering with the DDL).

Thank you for the help!

"DIY certified hobby-calibrator" (based on ChadB's "warning signs" list
post #5437 of 5452 Old 11-06-2019, 06:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by janos666 View Post
Does it have to be defined by the switch position or is it enough to set this on the GUI?
I think it was irrelevant for me at the time because HDCP wasn't active at all (I wasn't playing copy-protected content).
Yes prolly irrelevant, just so you know and readers know.
Anyway, setting manually in GUI or physically with swich is the same result, I usually recommend settings up physically to avoid user accidental change when playing with GUI.
janos666 and mrtickleuk like this.

post #5438 of 5452 Old 11-11-2019, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All
I'm playing with my new (limited) integral but I've some issues.
I've a sony TV and BD player and I suppose they both use low latency dolby vision.
If I connect BD --> integral --> TV all works fine (I can see 4k dv bluray)
(See image 1)

If I connect AppleTV4k --> integral --> TV with the same cables, the integral logo became green for 2 seconds and then switch off. ATV main screen is set at 4k 60Hz DV, but there is no image on the screen. when logo is green, input stream is decoded as you can see in image 2

If I try to connect ATV to integral without connecting the TV, the integral logo became fixed green. I don't understand why resolution and color space are negotiated that way.
(see image 3)

Last try, ATV configured in 1080p and 720p SDR 60Hz and no TV connected
(see image 4 - same as 3)

just for information, I took integral to:
- enjoy myself taking consciousness about video stream
- extract audio to feed my avr (via spdif or avr beta mode) in order to dismiss ARC
- strip audio going to tv in order to avoid notification banner on screen everytime audio type change (very frequent with netflix on atv)

Can you help me? Thanks!
post #5439 of 5452 Old 11-11-2019, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emanuele Giorno View Post
Hi All
I've a sony TV and BD player and I suppose they both use low latency dolby vision.
(See image 1)

If I connect AppleTV4k --> integral --> TV with the same cables, the integral logo became green for 2 seconds and then switch off. ATV main screen is set at 4k 60Hz DV, but there is no image on the screen. when logo is green, input stream is decoded as you can see in image 2

If I try to connect ATV to integral without connecting the TV, the integral logo became fixed green. I don't understand why resolution and color space are negotiated that way.
(see image 3)

- extract audio to feed my avr (via spdif or avr beta mode) in order to dismiss ARC
- strip audio going to tv in order to avoid notification banner on screen everytime audio type change (very frequent with netflix on atv)

Can you help me? Thanks!
Let's try to attach images...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	2639492   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	2639494   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	94.9 KB
ID:	2639496   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	93.2 KB
ID:	2639498  
post #5440 of 5452 Old 11-11-2019, 07:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi All
(See image 1)

(see image 3)

Can you help me? Thanks!
Quote:
Let's try to attach images...

The max fw you can use on integral limited is 0.60.0.34, so the FW you have currently running is not intended to be used with integral limited (it is for normal integral) so you need to downgrade it.
Second thing, if you use Limited 10.2Gbps/300MHz, then you can forget about DV playback at 60Hz, that will never work, you need a 600MHz/18Gbps device for DV playback.

If you had DV working from BR player it is prolly because that player can use DV24Hz so signal is 4K24 422 12b which is 300MHz/10.2Gbps, mostly no streaming player will offer such DV mode, they will all use DV60 4K60 422 12b and that cannot work.

It seems your GUI is not displaying nicely, if you are under Win10, then apply the below:

*** If Windows GUI does not display nicely:
*** Make sure the GUI isn't already running, then right click the GUI exe file, select "Property"
*** Click the "Compatibility" tab.
*** Look down for "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and check the box.
*** For the drop-down under "Scaling Performed by" choose "System - Enhanced"
*** Start the GUI and revel in how it works normally now.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-11-2019 at 07:21 AM.
post #5441 of 5452 Old 11-11-2019, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I'm considering buying an Integral Limited purely for injecting HDR10/Dolby Vision metadata for calibration with a pattern generator. If I'm only doing this with a 24hz output will I be fine or do I need the 600mhz version?

Display - LG OLED55C8
Speakers - Dali Zensor 3 (Front), Zensor Vokal, Zensor 1 (Surrounds), Alteco C-1 (Atmos) w/SVS PC-2000
Receiver & Misc - Denon AVC-6500H, Philips Hue, Harmony Elite, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield, i1 Display Pro
post #5442 of 5452 Old 11-11-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhc2010 View Post
I'm considering buying an Integral Limited purely for injecting HDR10/Dolby Vision metadata for calibration with a pattern generator. If I'm only doing this with a 24hz output will I be fine or do I need the 600mhz version?
Should work as long as you do not exceed 300MHz/10.2Gbps which is 4K60 420 8b, 4K24 444 8b or 4K24 422 12b

post #5443 of 5452 Old 11-12-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
The max fw you can use on integral limited is 0.60.0.34, so the FW you have currently running is not intended to be used with integral limited (it is for normal integral) so you need to downgrade it.
Second thing, if you use Limited 10.2Gbps/300MHz, then you can forget about DV playback at 60Hz, that will never work, you need a 600MHz/18Gbps device for DV playback.

If you had DV working from BR player it is prolly because that player can use DV24Hz so signal is 4K24 422 12b which is 300MHz/10.2Gbps, mostly no streaming player will offer such DV mode, they will all use DV60 4K60 422 12b and that cannot work.

It seems your GUI is not displaying nicely, if you are under Win10, then apply the below:

*** Make sure the GUI isn't already running, then right click the GUI exe file, select "Property"
thank you for your advice about firmware and app settings. with suggested firmware and app v.1.12 I manage my setup much better.
configuring my atv in 4k hdr 60hz, integral seem to lock the signal (integral logo is green) but I can see anything on tv.
do you know why?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Annotazione 2019-11-12 174916.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	2640132  
post #5444 of 5452 Old 11-12-2019, 09:56 AM

Quote:

thank you! now I can manage my setup in a better way, with the correct firmware and a well looking app!
Now I can see atv in lower resolution, but If i configure it in 4k, hdr 4:2:0 60hz integral locks the signal but I can see anything on my tv. why?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Annotazione 2019-11-12 174916.jpeg
Views:	15
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	2640134  
post #5445 of 5452 Old 11-12-2019, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
thank you! now I can manage my setup in a better way, with the correct firmware and a well looking app!
Now I can see atv in lower resolution, but If i configure it in 4k, hdr 4:2:0 60hz integral locks the signal but I can see anything on my tv. why?
Yes, I know why, because Integral limited is up to 300MHz/10.Gbps and 4K60 420 10b is 375MHz, so it cannot work thru, you need Normal Integral, Integral2, Vertex, Linker, etc... for that.

post #5446 of 5452 Old 11-12-2019, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Yes, I know why, because Integral limited is up to 300MHz/10.Gbps and 4K60 420 10b is 375MHz, so it cannot work thru, you need Normal Integral, Integral2, Vertex, Linker, etc... for that.
ahah ok! so easy... I was thinking that round(375Mhz)= 300MHz was managed by my integral...
thank you for your super speed answer
this night I try some other settings and I let you know!
post #5447 of 5452 Old 11-20-2019, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 267
I'm having a little trouble with my HDFury Integral 2 and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an LG C8 that I'm trying to calibrate Dolby Vision on. I'm attempting to use my Integral 2 to send the Dolby Vision metadata to the C8 so I can run the calibration. I've tried a lot of different things to get it to work and haven't been able to. I just end up with a black screen after the Dolby Vision logo is displayed. I'm running an RTX 2070 on my HTPC that I'm using with madtpg so I can set it to whatever resolution I need. I've tried 1080p/24 as found in this thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58597502

And I still end up with the black screen. Any help anyone could give me with getting this to work on the integral 2 would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

LG C8 OLED | Pioneer VSX-LX303 | HTPC (9900k, RTX 2070) | nVidia SHIELD 2019 | Panasonic UB820
post #5448 of 5452 Old 11-20-2019, 07:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
I'm having a little trouble with my HDFury Integral 2 and was wondering if anyone could help me. I have an LG C8 that I'm trying to calibrate Dolby Vision on. I'm attempting to use my Integral 2 to send the Dolby Vision metadata to the C8 so I can run the calibration. I've tried a lot of different things to get it to work and haven't been able to. I just end up with a black screen after the Dolby Vision logo is displayed. I'm running an RTX 2070 on my HTPC that I'm using with madtpg so I can set it to whatever resolution I need. I've tried 1080p/24 as found in this thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/139-d...l#post58597502

And I still end up with the black screen. Any help anyone could give me with getting this to work on the integral 2 would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank you!

I think you should post this in Integral2 thread and not in original Integral thread, you will have more chance.

post #5449 of 5452 Old 11-20-2019, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 267
Quote:
I think you should post this in Integral2 thread and not in original Integral thread, you will have more chance.

Thanks. Yea, someone pointed me to this thread. I'll post in the right thread.

LG C8 OLED | Pioneer VSX-LX303 | HTPC (9900k, RTX 2070) | nVidia SHIELD 2019 | Panasonic UB820
post #5450 of 5452 Old 11-23-2019, 08:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking 30% OFF on EVERYTHING

Black Friday starts now, till end of the month.

Black Friday week is starting now and will continue till the end of the month.
This year, we have created a 30% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog. However there is one drawback, it is only available for the first 100 purchase. So hurry up !

Coupon code to use in shopping cart: BLACK30
gsr likes this.

post #5451 of 5452 Old 11-23-2019, 08:52 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Black Friday starts now, till end of the month.

Black Friday week is starting now and will continue till the end of the month.
This year, we have created a 30% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog. However there is one drawback, it is only available for the first 100 purchase. So hurry up !

Coupon code to use in shopping cart: BLACK30
Is this already gone or is it US store only?

Display - LG OLED55C8
Speakers - Dali Zensor 3 (Front), Zensor Vokal, Zensor 1 (Surrounds), Alteco C-1 (Atmos) w/SVS PC-2000
Receiver & Misc - Denon AVC-6500H, Philips Hue, Harmony Elite, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro, Nintendo Switch, Nvidia Shield, i1 Display Pro
post #5452 of 5452 Old 11-23-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobhc2010 View Post
Is this already gone or is it US store only?
It is from HDfury.com, there is no other official website, any other domain is run by some reseller

Still available as far as I know since it just started.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
K8500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page