post #1501 of 5447 Old 04-07-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
Unfortunately I do not use Logitech but older Universal Remote Control MX800. I think it would help a lot of Integral users if you sold a cheap IR remote programmed for the Integral.
If it can help, here is a device file for the MX-850:

Code:
https://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?code=5ZqC4QZmXsKzkQ3QSBZp0L0ZRvTcYoCamKmBpzmm8vjBP7hV12Pk
It has just the 2 inputs switching (with buttons 1 & 2) and the code to "All Audio"

If you have the MX-850 editor, it's pretty easy to input HEX values. Not sure all this works also with the MX-800, but the 2 remotes are very similar, you might want to give it a try.
GGA and HDfury like this.

Robert
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1502 of 5447 Old 04-07-2016, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 608 Post(s)
Quoted: 4520 Post(s)
Liked: 1242
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJG View Post
How to run 4K 2.0 HDMI, HDCP 2.2 Sources to HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2 compliant projector and 1.4B Audio Processor for audio only. The issue is only 1 HDMI output.

Sources would be:

1)Directv 4K Genie Mini C61K-700, only 1 HDMI output.
2)Roku 4, only 1 HDMI output.

4K compliant Projector is Sony VPL-VW5000ES

Audio Proccesor is Trinnov Altitude 32, with HDMI 1.4B compliant inputs.

I would like to run Best Video and also full Bitstream audio (Dolby Atmos, DTS-X, Aoro 3D).

Is this possible?
At 4K60 4:2:0 300MHz 8bit, there is chance it will work. you can try feeding such signal from a computer to confirm.

However, for best video and best sound in all cases, you need our next device.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #1503 of 5447 Old 04-07-2016, 01:14 PM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
If it can help, here is a device file for the MX-850:

Code:
https://transfer.pcloud.com/download.html?code=5ZqC4QZmXsKzkQ3QSBZp0L0ZRvTcYoCamKmBpzmm8vjBP7hV12Pk
It has just the 2 inputs switching (with buttons 1 & 2) and the code to "All Audio"

If you have the MX-850 editor, it's pretty easy to input HEX values. Not sure all this works also with the MX-800, but the 2 remotes are very similar, you might want to give it a try.
Thanks, Robert. Much appreciated.

I actually have the Aeros model, which I believe is another name for the MX-850 (sorry for the mix-up). I have the MX-850 editor and have done all my own programming but have never had to use hex codes.

At this point being able to switch between Input 1and Input 2 would be more than enough. Right now I have to get up and do this manually, but even when the iOS APP is ready it would be a cumbersome way to just switch channels in my particular setup. I will give your download a try this weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1504 of 5447 Old 04-07-2016, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
Thanks, Robert. Much appreciated.

I actually have the Aeros model, which I believe is another name for the MX-850 (sorry for the mix-up).
Yes, it's the same, and I can confirm that with the file I posted, you'll be able to switch inputs.
GGA likes this.

Robert
post #1505 of 5447 Old 04-07-2016, 02:44 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Hey HDFury,

I'm having issues with the Integral either falling asleep, it's Green Integral light on the top goes out and when I change the channel on the satellite dish it will sometimes come back alive and the channel will turn or Integrals green light will stay off and so a blank screen shows on my TV with the message that it has no connection, what could cause this?

My setup is, Sat Dish>3050>Integral>sony 940c
post #1506 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 12:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 194
Okay I'm back for more... I just bought the Denon AVR-S710W and no signal at all no matter what Fury settings I try. Do you have a custom profile for this receiver?

I even set the Fury to 1080p output and no signal at all. Now, yes the Fury works if I go straight from my Roku4 to the projector but I want to utilize the new receiver.

*Important: If I bypass the Fury altogether, the receiver properly passes 4K on the Roku4. So the receiver definitely handles 4K. So why do you ask that I even need the Fury anymore? Well, I like the idea of stripping out the HDCP just in case issues arise. Also, this forum user has been able to pass up to 12 bit with his Denon:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post42523105

All HDMI cables are top notch as I bought them from you.

Thanks!
Cory
Audio: Ascend Acoustics, Sennheiser HD 598, Denon AVR-S710W
Video: JVC RS400, 92" DES Abyss screen, HTPC/RTX 2080/i7 8700k 4.9GHz/madVR, Panasonic DMP-UB900 for streaming

Last edited by CoryW; 04-08-2016 at 09:57 AM.
post #1507 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howieshel View Post
Hey HDFury,

I'm having issues with the Integral either falling asleep, it's Green Integral light on the top goes out and when I change the channel on the satellite dish it will sometimes come back alive and the channel will turn or Integrals green light will stay off and so a blank screen shows on my TV with the message that it has no connection, what could cause this?

My setup is, Sat Dish>3050>Integral>sony 940c
Please describe the hdmi cable lenght in this setup first.
then please confirm if Sat Dish is HDCP2.2 or HDCP1.4 and the resolution in use. thanx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryW View Post
Okay I'm back for more... I just bought the Denon AVR-S710W and no signal at all no matter what Fury settings I try. Do you have a custom profile for this receiver?

I even set the Fury to 1080p output and no signal at all. Now, yes the Fury works if I go straight from my Roku4 to the projector but I want to utilize the new receiver.

*Important: If I bypass the Fury altogether, the receiver properly passes 4K on the Roku4. So the receiver definitely handles 4K. So why do you ask that I even need the Fury anymore? Well, I like the idea of stripping out the HDCP just in case issues arise. Also, this forum user has been able to pass up to 12 bit with his Denon:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/149-bl...l#post42523105

All HDMI cables are top notch as I bought them from you.
- Please explain how you have set it up like ROKU > INTEGRAL > AVR > DISPLAY or ROKU > AVR > INTEGRAL > DISPLAY
- Please confirm if by "i even set the fury to 1080p" you meant that you moved EDID slide switch to FIXED ?
- Please provide brand/model of display.

Regarding K8500 at 12 bits, well yes its true the K8500 can output that new mode (that is covered on our next upgrade)
This mode is 4K30 4:4:4 12bits 450MHz We have added support for it.

So getting that mode have nothing to do with the AVR brand/model but rather with the capabilities of the HDMI chipset on it (you need a level A to support such 450MHz mode)

See attached screengrab of next update and new GUI when playing such mode.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new_update.png
Views:	156
Size:	21.7 KB
ID:	1366250  

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #1508 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 02:14 PM

Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 14
HDFury The length to the Sony is about 40', It works without the Integral pugged in, I don't think Sat dish box (Genie) is 2.2.

Have the Integral with Projector on 2.2 out and Sony on 1.4 out and the AV3050 to top IN. I believe i'm set up for 4k60Hz 444 split.

Can you remind me how to get to the GUI screen, I tried to down load your March 25th update, I think thats the date, But could not find the file on computer that I update with. Found 6 or 7 others but no files with the 2 specific forms that do the updating.

Also there was No 4K icon to click to get into GUI main menu, where is that at or what is the easiest way to get to Main menu 4K?

Thanks
post #1509 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 02:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by howieshel View Post
HDFury The length to the Sony is about 40', It works without the Integral pugged in, I don't think Sat dish box (Genie) is 2.2.

Have the Integral with Projector on 2.2 out and Sony on 1.4 out and the AV3050 to top IN. I believe i'm set up for 4k60Hz 444 split.

Can you remind me how to get to the GUI screen, I tried to down load your March 25th update, I think thats the date, But could not find the file on computer that I update with. Found 6 or 7 others but no files with the 2 specific forms that do the updating.

Also there was No 4K icon to click to get into GUI main menu, where is that at or what is the easiest way to get to Main menu 4K?

Thanks
Sorry but we need accurate answers to give you straight working advise.

Please i need your setup description like this

SOURCE (brand/model) > Cable lenght > brand/model > cable/lenght > etc...
Without knowing this the only thing i can recommend you doing is the following:
Try BOT IN see if it helps and report back
if no, try SOURCE > INTEGRAL > AVR instead of SOURCE > AVR > INTEGRAL, see if it helps and report back

If you want to use the GUI, then you need to download the GUI.
Firmware update doesn't include GUI but we might change this and add everything in one package in the future.

Right now you need to:
1) Download and install driver (you can skip this step if you already did it)
2) Download and extract GUI.
3) Connect Integral and launch GUI.

post #1510 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDfury,

I don't see on your site a March 25 update.

Am I missing something obvious, or is FW 0.52.0.27 still the current firmware level?

If it is, any ETA for the next one?

Thanks.

Robert
post #1511 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please describe the hdmi cable lenght in this setup first.
then please confirm if Sat Dish is HDCP2.2 or HDCP1.4 and the resolution in use. thanx.

- Please explain how you have set it up like ROKU > INTEGRAL > AVR > DISPLAY or ROKU > AVR > INTEGRAL > DISPLAY
- Please confirm if by "i even set the fury to 1080p" you meant that you moved EDID slide switch to FIXED ?
- Please provide brand/model of display.

Regarding K8500 at 12 bits, well yes its true the K8500 can output that new mode (that is covered on our next upgrade)
This mode is 4K30 4:4:4 12bits 450MHz We have added support for it.

So getting that mode have nothing to do with the AVR brand/model but rather with the capabilities of the HDMI chipset on it (you need a level A to support such 450MHz mode)

See attached screengrab of next update and new GUI when playing such mode.
I have the roku going to the Integral then to the receiver then to JVC RS400.

Again the Integral works with no receiver in between and the receiver works with no Integral... except for 10 bit... that only works with Integral to projector.

Makw sense? Theres no reason to have no signal at all with the Integral going to Denon.

Thanks!
Cory
Video: JVC RS400, 92" DES Abyss screen, HTPC/RTX 2080/i7 8700k 4.9GHz/madVR, Panasonic DMP-UB900 for streaming
post #1512 of 5447 Old 04-08-2016, 10:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Again the Integral works with no receiver in between and the receiver works with no Integral... except for 10 bit... that only works with Integral to projector.

Makesense? There's no reason to have no signal at all with the Integral going to Denon.
Let me break this down even further for you:
  1. Roku4>Integral>projector: I can get a maximum of 4K 60 fps at 8 bit; 10 bit will only get me 30 fps
  2. Roku4>Denon>projector: Same as above but doesn't sync with 10 bit as consistently as with Integral so Integral appears to improve this somehow
  3. Roku4>Integral>Denon>projector: no signal
So do I need the Integral? I don't know currently... but I would love to know more such as is 10 bit color really noticed

Thanks!
Cory
post #1513 of 5447 Old 04-09-2016, 09:25 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 514
Quote:
At 4K60 4:2:0 300MHz 8bit, there is chance it will work. you can try feeding such signal from a computer to confirm.

However, for best video and best sound in all cases, you need our next device.
When will you be releasing the next device?
post #1514 of 5447 Old 04-09-2016, 02:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 84 Post(s)
Quoted: 2377 Post(s)
Liked: 2238
Some info regarding another 4K source device. Directv is broadcasting the Masters Golf Tournament this weekend live in 4K. I have a Directv C61K-700 4K client box connected through the Integral to my JVC RS500 projector. Audio is via an SPDIF connection to my HDMI 1.4 AVR.

With the EDID slide set to Automix, the GUI reports:

Input: 3840x2160p60 HDMI, [4:2:0 10-bit], Output: TX A
Color Space: YCbCr 4:2:0, SMPTE 170M
HDR input: Not Active

I also confirmed that I can select the same custom EDID that I used for the Samsung UHD Blu-Ray player and the GUI reports the same Source Info status:

4k60-420 10-bit HDR BT.2020 All Sound

i hope that you are getting close to a solution for my stereo sound issue when using a custom EDID with the Samsung player that I reported previously in the Support Forum at http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26897. Stereo sound is sent through the second Samsung HDMI output to my 1.4 AVR. I hope to be able to set the Integral to the same custom EDID for both source devices, and not have to switch to Automix for Blu-Ray/Netflix/Amazon 4K/24 playback to get surround sound and then back to custom to avoid sync loss from Youtube 4k/60 videos.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #1515 of 5447 Old 04-09-2016, 03:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robena View Post
HDfury,

I don't see on your site a March 25 update.

Am I missing something obvious, or is FW 0.52.0.27 still the current firmware level?

If it is, any ETA for the next one?

Thanks.
It was a visitor posting this information if i recall right.
Next one is coming out in the very next days, see attached screenshot. It have MANY changes.
Send a PM if you want to try it now as it is.

Quote:

Quote:

Makw sense? Theres no reason to have no signal at all with the Integral going to Denon.
Quote:
Let me break this down even further for you:
  1. Roku4>Integral>projector: I can get a maximum of 4K 60 fps at 8 bit; 10 bit will only get me 30 fps
  2. Roku4>Denon>projector: Same as above but doesn't sync with 10 bit as consistently as with Integral so Integral appears to improve this somehow
  3. Roku4>Integral>Denon>projector: no signal
Please answer question in BOLD and confirm the EDID slide switch settings and please confirm if you did any modifications or played with GUI. In such case, did you make sure that you HARD RESET Roku4 after each EDID changes ?

Roku4 > INTEGRAL > PROJECTOR (with EDID slide switch on automix) should give you 4K60 4:2:0 10bit
IF that's the case then:
Using Roku4 > INTEGRAL (either preloaded with 4K60 4:2:0 10bit EDID or by sniffing PJ EDID and using it as default) > AVR > DISPLAY should give the exact same results.

Please understand that Roku4 is content dependent in real time, that means you have to compare the EXACT same thing, you cannot do a test and compare MENU in one test and playing a video in other.
Roku4 will use different resolutions.

Quote:
As soon as we know if we can release it as HDfury or not due to current pending legal issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Some info regarding another 4K source device. Directv is broadcasting the Masters Golf Tournament this weekend live in 4K. I have a Directv C61K-700 4K client box connected through the Integral to my JVC RS500 projector. Audio is via an SPDIF connection to my HDMI 1.4 AVR.

With the EDID slide set to Automix, the GUI reports:

Input: 3840x2160p60 HDMI, [4:2:0 10-bit], Output: TX A
Color Space: YCbCr 4:2:0, SMPTE 170M
HDR input: Not Active

I also confirmed that I can select the same custom EDID that I used for the Samsung UHD Blu-Ray player and the GUI reports the same Source Info status:

4k60-420 10-bit HDR BT.2020 All Sound

i hope that you are getting close to a solution for my stereo sound issue when using a custom EDID with the Samsung player that I reported previously in the Support Forum at http://dme.ghost2.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26897. Stereo sound is sent through the second Samsung HDMI output to my 1.4 AVR. I hope to be able to set the Integral to the same custom EDID for both source devices, and not have to switch to Automix for Blu-Ray/Netflix/Amazon 4K/24 playback to get surround sound and then back to custom to avoid sync loss from Youtube 4k/60 videos.
See the attached screenshot
If you want to try it now as it is, send a PM.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	newgui.png
Views:	132
Size:	71.1 KB
ID:	1368674  

post #1516 of 5447 Old 04-09-2016, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
See the attached screenshot
If you want to try it now as it is, send a PM.
Great. I can wait a bit longer for the official release.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #1517 of 5447 Old 04-09-2016, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Tried to search for an answer but it's not clear to me.

I have a Sony 65x900a. If I connected an HD fury integral between the tv and a UHD player, like the UBD-K8500, will the Fury be able to convert a UHD discs WCG to something the tv can understand, like Xvycc?

System I | Sony 75Z9D | Oppo BDP-203 and 103D | ATV5 | Energy Veritas 1.8 (LR) | 2.0 (C) | 2.0R (S+SB) | Mirage OMD-5 (FH, RH)
Yamaha CX-A5100 | MX-A5000 x 2 | Dayton UM18-22 Sealed x2 w/ iNuke 6000DSP | Panamax Power 360 Strip
System II | Sony 75Z9D | ATV5 | Yamaha RX-A1070 | NAD T973 | Mirage OMD-28, OMD C2, OMD-5 | SVS PB12+/2
post #1518 of 5447 Old 04-09-2016, 07:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Integral.

I have had a JVC DLA x500r for a year now with a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1040 for the AVR, and I recently updated my dish network receiver to the Hopper 3 with the intention of utilizing some of the 4K content they currently offer and hopefully will expand. Knowing that the x500r is HDMI 1.4 and not HDCP 2.2 compliant, I talked to JVC and they said that I would need the HD Fury Integral I order to complete the handshake with the 4K data from dish.

So I thought that would make everything run smoothly. Dish's normal broadcast seems to be 1080i 60, but I have been able to view the Video on Demand show in 4K 24, which looks great. With that, I thought I would have no problem viewing the Netflix 4K shows that dish announced were available Thursday, but that has been a no go. I updated my Netflix account to view Ultra 4K, but when I open the app, the projector is only switching to 1080p, and no Ultra 4K labels shown up on the 4K shows.

I tried bypassing AVR and doing Hopper to HD Fury to X500r and I got the same result.

I do not know if I have the Integral settings all correct. I have the HDCP set to auto, along with the the EDID to auto as well. I am using the HDCP 1.4 port going out. i dont know if I need to do some custom settings, or what they would need to be. Any insight would be great.
post #1519 of 5447 Old 04-10-2016, 07:21 AM
LJG
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 781 Post(s)
Liked: 514
HDFury this sounds great so the device is finished just pending official release?

Quote:
As soon as we know if we can release it as HDfury or not due to current pending legal issue.
post #1520 of 5447 Old 04-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Roku4 > INTEGRAL > PROJECTOR (with EDID slide switch on automix) should give you 4K60 4:2:0 10bit
IF that's the case then:
Using Roku4 > INTEGRAL (either preloaded with 4K60 4:2:0 10bit EDID or by sniffing PJ EDID and using it as default) > AVR > DISPLAY should give the exact same results.

Please understand that Roku4 is content dependent in real time, that means you have to compare the EXACT same thing, you cannot do a test and compare MENU in one test and playing a video in other.
Roku4 will use different resolutions.
So sorry for the delay on this. I finally got the test working... had to use automix and 1.4 HDCP for # 3 below. This is using your 3 foot HDMI2.0a cable tested and confirmed for 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz:

1. Roku4>JVC = 4K 10 bit 30 fps only; 60 fps doesn't work
  2. Roku4>Denon Receiver>JVC = 4K 10 bit 30 fps only
  3. Roku4>HDFury Integral>JVC = 4K 10 bit 60 fps

Any idea why this would happen? HDCP issue with the Roku or JVC?

This is what happened with my 30 foot cable as I couldn't do this test with the 3 foot cable: Roku4>HDFury Integral>Denon>JVC = 4K 10 bit 30 fps only

This is the most frustration part! I just want to be done and this would solve it for me... but it does not work. Seems that maybe my Denon is possibly degrading the HDMI signal somehow because it should work with the Integral before it. By the way, I can't use automix for this as the Integral cannot sniff with the Denon in between. Had to use the 4K60 4:2:0 10bit EDID. And I have all Denon hdmi settings off including auto lip sync... just does not work.

And I don't believe it is an issue with the 30 foot cable because the following ALSO works with the 30 foot cable: Roku4>HDFury Integral>JVC = 4K 10 bit 60 fps

Thanks!
Cory

Last edited by CoryW; 04-10-2016 at 08:49 AM.
post #1521 of 5447 Old 04-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
So sorry for the delay on this. I finally got the test working... had to use automix and 1.4 HDCP for # 3 below. This is using your 3 foot HDMI2.0a cable tested and confirmed for 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz:

1. Roku4>JVC = 4K 10 bit 30 fps only; 60 fps doesn't work
  2. Roku4>Denon Receiver>JVC = 4K 10 bit 30 fps only
  3. Roku4>HDFury Integral>JVC = 4K 10 bit 60 fps

Any idea why this would happen? HDCP issue with the Roku or JVC?

This is what happened with my 30 foot cable as I couldn't do this test with the 3 foot cable: Roku4>HDFury Integral>Denon>JVC = 4K 10 bit 30 fps only

This is the most frustration part! I just want to be done and this would solve it for me... but it does not work. Seems that maybe my Denon is possibly degrading the HDMI signal somehow because it should work with the Integral before it. By the way, I can't use automix for this as the Integral cannot sniff with the Denon in between. Had to use the 4K60 4:2:0 10bit EDID. And I have all Denon hdmi settings off including auto lip sync... just does not work.

And I don't believe it is an issue with the 30 foot cable because the following ALSO works with the 30 foot cable: Roku4>HDFury Integral>JVC = 4K 10 bit 60 fps
Okay nevermind. Using the "4K60-420 10-bit HDR BT.2020 All Sound" EDID profile of the HDFury Integral into the Denon with HDCP 1.4 set I got 4K 10 bit 60 fps on the Roku! Thank you so much. Sad that I still have to use the Integral after buying the Denon but oh well.

Also worth mentioning that there was some cable connecting mistakes on my end... woops! The Integral is truly top notch.
akopperl likes this.

Thanks!
Cory

Last edited by CoryW; 04-10-2016 at 05:52 PM.
post #1522 of 5447 Old 04-10-2016, 09:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Okay nevermind. Using the "4K60-420 10-bit HDR BT.2020 All Sound" EDID profile of the HDFury Integral into the Denon with HDCP 1.4 set I got 4K 10 bit 60 fps on the Roku! Thank you so much. Sad that I still have to use the Integral after buying the Denon but oh well.

Also worth mentioning that there was some cable connecting mistakes on my end... woops! The Integral is truly top notch.
Probably very naive question, but how do you know if you are using 8 or 10 bit? Just curious to play with this in my setup. Thanks.
post #1523 of 5447 Old 04-10-2016, 10:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Hold on, you don't want to try AVR beta mode ? because we are about to turn it on for 3D just for you
Wish you enabled 720p60 (3D) in AVR Beta mode... trying to buy a converter on eBay that has now twice not been delivered (to convert your 1080p AVR Beta mode to 720p60 for my aging Pioneer AVR which has no 1080p support)
post #1524 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmichaelh View Post
Tried to search for an answer but it's not clear to me.

I have a Sony 65x900a. If I connected an HD fury integral between the tv and a UHD player, like the UBD-K8500, will the Fury be able to convert a UHD discs WCG to something the tv can understand, like Xvycc?
No, if you connect UHD BR player > INTEGRAL > Sony, then the only thing you can make sure is that the K8500 will output the best possible for your TV.
If you want to take UHD BR in and output something special to take advantage of color depth, WGC, HDR, etc... you will need our next device.
Integral do not scale or convert (except for 4K60 4:4:4 IN > 4K60 4:2:0 OUT while preserving a 4K60 4:4:4 passthrough at the same time, but that's chroma subsampling conversion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan_pioneer View Post
Hey guys,

I recently purchased the Integral.

I have had a JVC DLA x500r for a year now with a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1040 for the AVR, and I recently updated my dish network receiver to the Hopper 3 with the intention of utilizing some of the 4K content they currently offer and hopefully will expand. Knowing that the x500r is HDMI 1.4 and not HDCP 2.2 compliant, I talked to JVC and they said that I would need the HD Fury Integral I order to complete the handshake with the 4K data from dish.

So I thought that would make everything run smoothly. Dish's normal broadcast seems to be 1080i 60, but I have been able to view the Video on Demand show in 4K 24, which looks great. With that, I thought I would have no problem viewing the Netflix 4K shows that dish announced were available Thursday, but that has been a no go. I updated my Netflix account to view Ultra 4K, but when I open the app, the projector is only switching to 1080p, and no Ultra 4K labels shown up on the 4K shows.

I tried bypassing AVR and doing Hopper to HD Fury to X500r and I got the same result.

I do not know if I have the Integral settings all correct. I have the HDCP set to auto, along with the the EDID to auto as well. I am using the HDCP 1.4 port going out. i dont know if I need to do some custom settings, or what they would need to be. Any insight would be great.
Please, always report your chain.

Ex: SOURCE > INTEGRAL > AVR > DISPLAY or SOURCE > AVR > INTEGRAL > DISPLAY

This is important to help you out. Also we would need a link to the source user manual to get the exact list of res/timing it can output in order to check what is compatible with your display.

The default 4K30 should work anyway.

Basically: find out the best possible res for PJ, check the best/closest res that source is able to send and then setup integral to output this. You can leave HDCP slide on 1.4 and AUDIO slide on HDMI for your tests.
You might have to reset/restart the source or even reinstall the Netflix app in order for it to correctly read and interpret the connected sink capabilities (this have been seen numerous of time yet on various devices)

Quote:
HDFury this sounds great so the device is finished just pending official release?

Quote:
Well, it started with a basic idea of feeding 1080p60 AVR (4K60 <> 1080p60 only) but since it has been delayed due to these legal issues, then we had time to add way more to it and currently we keep improving it.
Our goal now is to offer as many output modes as possible when input is 4K60 4:2:0 10bit or 4K30 4:4:4 12bit.
But yes, it could be released already and we could add new features via firmware upgrades like we are doing for integral.

Quote:

Glad you sorted it on your own

Last edited by HDfury; 04-11-2016 at 08:31 AM.
post #1525 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeWhoElse View Post
Wish you enabled 720p60 (3D) in AVR Beta mode... trying to buy a converter on eBay that has now twice not been delivered (to convert your 1080p AVR Beta mode to 720p60 for my aging Pioneer AVR which has no 1080p support)
Do not spend too much time and money on this, we have the perfect solution for such issue in the making, pass through any video up to 600MHz from source to display and always output working feed to ANY AVR.

post #1526 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 09:19 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Do not spend too much time and money on this, we have the perfect solution for such issue in the making, pass through any video up to 600MHz from source to display and always output working feed to ANY AVR.
Many of us are eagerly awaiting the scaler. Would you know when a possible release date would be?
post #1527 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 09:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by max90034 View Post
Probably very naive question, but how do you know if you are using 8 or 10 bit? Just curious to play with this in my setup. Thanks.
Both my projector and audio receiver have an information page in the menu to see the video being fed. Plus I did before and after and definitely notices more color saturation (which is what you may see at first glance... but eventually you see color in dark areas where there used to be no color at all plus much more that I'm not aware of).

Thanks!
Cory
post #1528 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moody Hadi View Post
Many of us are eagerly awaiting the scaler. Would you know when a possible release date would be?
Actually i wasn't referring to the scaler in my answer.

A scaler for sure can help you out if input is too high for your AVR, then you would pass through video to your display and downscale for your AVR. It's an option, but then scaling features are somehow wasted.

The other way of doing it (which i was referring to in my answer) is by extracting audio from incoming signal and repacking it on a self generated 720p signal. Currently Integral miss an IC to self generate his own stream so audio can be repacked on it.

So ultimately, we want to be able to take 4K60 4:2:0 10bit and 4K30 4:4:4 12bit as input, output it to the best possible format to match any PJ (HDMI 1.x and up) > that's the purpose of the scaler. while at the same time we could repack audio to a self generated stream at 720p.

Now if you want to get a date for this, then you should wait our news, because it depends on the legal issue we are facing currently. (unfortunately, sorry)

post #1529 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michigan_pioneer

Originally Posted by HDfury
Please, always report your chain.

Ex: SOURCE > INTEGRAL > AVR > DISPLAY or SOURCE > AVR > INTEGRAL > DISPLAY

This is important to help you out. Also we would need a link to the source user manual to get the exact list of res/timing it can output in order to check what is compatible with your display.

The default 4K30 should work anyway.

Basically: find out the best possible res for PJ, check the best/closest res that source is able to send and then setup integral to output this. You can leave HDCP slide on 1.4 and AUDIO slide on HDMI for your tests.
You might have to reset/restart the source or even reinstall the Netflix app in order for it to correctly read and interpret the connected sink capabilities (this have been seen numerous of time yet on various devices)
I don't believe Netflix will allow UHD streaming unless it sees a HDCP 2.2 display connected.

CJ
post #1530 of 5447 Old 04-11-2016, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 4156 Post(s)
Liked: 2388
That's what the Integral does, makes it so your player sees an HDCP 2.2 display connected. And it works for that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
K8500

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page