HDfury Integral... - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 636Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #2851 of 5488 Old 09-14-2016, 01:30 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Here is a webpage of the differences between the hdfury integral and linker.
https://www.hdfury.com/comparison/

Basically

The hdfury integral has 2 inputs and 2 outputs and no scaling.

The hdfury linker has 2 inputs and 1 output with scaling.

So if you do not need 2 outputs the linker is best for most people as it will make all sources work at their best possible output and the displays full potential.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdavis75 View Post
Thanks for the reply... however it's the LG B6 that's not working. The Vizio DOES work in the same configuration.

So can the Linker basically do everything the integral can do plus scaling?
hd_fury is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2852 of 5488 Old 09-14-2016, 08:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcdavis75 View Post
Thanks for the reply... however it's the LG B6 that's not working. The Vizio DOES work in the same configuration.

So can the Linker basically do everything the integral can do plus scaling?
Right, either Integral or Linker will fix the issue. Integral via EDID and HDCP conversion and Linker via EDID and HDCP OR via scaling
Linker just have one more way of solving the issue.

However, user interaction might be important: for Linker you need Windows GUI access for advanced settings changes (if you need to do EDID operation for ex)
While on Integral you can do EDID manipulation via Windows GUI, iOS/Android APP, IR or even push buttons.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #2853 of 5488 Old 09-15-2016, 08:01 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 1
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New to this Integral thing so please help out.

This is how my connection looks: 4k Amazon Fire (HDCP 2.2) > Integral > AV Receiver (non HDCP 2.2) > 4k TV (HDCP 2.2).

How do I set up the HDMI cables on the above chain so that I can view 4k content from my Amazon Fire? I tried various configurations and I've updated the firmware but the moment I play a specific video, the TV has no display.

Please help a newb out. Thanks.
Ryan Rodrigo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2854 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 01:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Rodrigo View Post
New to this Integral thing so please help out.

This is how my connection looks: 4k Amazon Fire (HDCP 2.2) > Integral > AV Receiver (non HDCP 2.2) > 4k TV (HDCP 2.2).

How do I set up the HDMI cables on the above chain so that I can view 4k content from my Amazon Fire? I tried various configurations and I've updated the firmware but the moment I play a specific video, the TV has no display.

Please help a newb out. Thanks.
Please do not ask in multiple location, like on forum and via email, etc... one place and stick with it. otherwise we waste time answering several time same thing and some others wait their answers for longer time.
Also BRAND/MODEL of everything in your setup, and Link to usermanual when you ask something, otherwise it's impossible to give accurate answer if you don't know the max supported signal of your equipment.

AMAZON fire TV to INTEGRAL BOTTOM INPUT, HDCP slide on 1.4, EDID slide on automix > AVR > DISPLAY

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #2855 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 08:20 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,339
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6139
Subbing to give this a shot. My 2015 OLED does not do well (gamma and grayscale) in HDR mode, so I am going to experiement sending 4k/24 SDR BT2020 to the display and see how it does not going into HDR mode.

I know 10 bit Netflix without HDR looks great.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
Panasonic UB820 / ATV4K
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / RP-500SA / FV15HP (5.1.2)
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #2856 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 09:22 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,339
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6139
– 4k60-420 12-bit BT.2020 All Sound

Just a quick question. When I use mode 10, which is what Ill want (no HDR but WCG), does the Fury actually clip the metadata for HDR out of the stream but the WCG 10 bit stays for BT2020? If so that is pretty neat, and makes you wonder why this wasn't offered as an option on CE devices LOL. At least Fury did it.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
Panasonic UB820 / ATV4K
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / RP-500SA / FV15HP (5.1.2)
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #2857 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 09:49 AM
Advanced Member
 
skypop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Long Island N.Y.
Posts: 887
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 393 Post(s)
Liked: 275
I just ordered one of these, my setup is Panasonic UHD>Marantz 7702Mk2>JVC RS400u projector,where would be the best spot to install the HDFURY in order to strip the HDR but keep the WCG,thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 Channel: Magnepan 1.7i's,Proceed 2 Channel HPA Amp,Dsonic amplifier,Hovland HP100,Technics SP10MK2/SME/Benz,Pioneer N50 Streamer connected to A Synology NAS....HT:126" Seymour AT Screen,JBL Studio 590's for LCR, Side and Rear Surrounds. Jbl SCS8'S for Fr Heights, and Rear Heights,2 Epik Empire Subs,2 Behringer B1200D Midbass Subs,Marantz 7702MK2,Proceed Amp-5,Outlaw 7125,Panasonic UB820 ,Toshiba HD35,JVC RS600. Black Velvet.
skypop is offline  
post #2858 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 09:53 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
gadgtfreek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bama
Posts: 12,339
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 634 Post(s)
Liked: 6139
Quote:
Originally Posted by skypop View Post
I just ordered one of these, my setup is Panasonic UHD>Marantz 7702Mk2>JVC RS400u projector,where would be the best spot to install the HDFURY in order to strip the HDR but keep the WCG,thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have almost the same, different display device. I was going to go HDMI from Panny to fury, fury to preamp, so I can keep the one HDMI from the preamp to display.

Option 10 I think is what you would want on the fury



10 – 4k60-420 12-bit BT.2020 All Sound
skypop likes this.

XBR65A9G / XBR65A8F / 55R615
Panasonic UB820 / ATV4K
AVRX6500H / RP-8000F / RP-504C / RP-502S / RP-500SA / FV15HP (5.1.2)
gadgtfreek is online now  
post #2859 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhdiab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
So I am just hearing about the Fury Integral and hope to figure out if it will solve my issue.

I have a SC-07 receiver that while aged I just really like the sound from and want to keep until it breaks.

I will most likely be buying a new UHD TV within a few weeks. Long term there will be a Projector in the room but I will get a TV this year and it will hold me over for a year and then the TV goes to my living room and the projector goes in instead.


OK So what I want is to from the cable box or from the PS3 (I know I am old and maybe I will get the PS4) run the signal to the receiver for audio only and then for the video send it to the TV / Projector


The fury says it will act as a splitter so it should do this right? The receiver is just getting the audio so I am hoping it won't have a problem with the signal and the TV should not.......


My alternative would be an HDMI splitter but I have never had any success with this


Thanks!!!
mhdiab is offline  
post #2860 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 11:34 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Hi there

the integral will act as a splitter for you without issue for sources that are not 4k.

If you want to send 4k to a tv and have audio for your avr that does not support 4k at all you will need the integral 4k as well as the linker 4k.

But if you are just using a ps3 and the cable box without 4k you will be all set with just the integral.

Hope this helps



Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post
So I am just hearing about the Fury Integral and hope to figure out if it will solve my issue.

I have a SC-07 receiver that while aged I just really like the sound from and want to keep until it breaks.

I will most likely be buying a new UHD TV within a few weeks. Long term there will be a Projector in the room but I will get a TV this year and it will hold me over for a year and then the TV goes to my living room and the projector goes in instead.


OK So what I want is to from the cable box or from the PS3 (I know I am old and maybe I will get the PS4) run the signal to the receiver for audio only and then for the video send it to the TV / Projector


The fury says it will act as a splitter so it should do this right? The receiver is just getting the audio so I am hoping it won't have a problem with the signal and the TV should not.......


My alternative would be an HDMI splitter but I have never had any success with this


Thanks!!!
mhdiab likes this.
hd_fury is offline  
post #2861 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 03:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhdiab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Thanks!


That will be quite expensive for what I want to accomplish so will consider the pro vs con on that compared to buying a new receiver
mhdiab is offline  
post #2862 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 05:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post
Thanks!


That will be quite expensive for what I want to accomplish so will consider the pro vs con on that compared to buying a new receiver
Right it's 399$ and it will continue to work and allow you to use your system till 8K goes mainstream. (we have tested Integral at 8K 4:2:0 600MHz)
It will be at least as expensive as trying to catch up on all AVR, sources and displays that the industry will try to force on you till 8K goes mainstream, HDCP2.3 is at the corner... HDCP PRO coming..

But sure, a nice new receiver out of the box, its always tempting

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #2863 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Senior Member
 
cofn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Hello, I just purchased a Integral and I am having some trouble with set up.

My set up is Xbox1 S / 4K HTPC -> Integral -> Output Top to JVC X750R for video and Output 2 Marantz AV8801 for Sound.

I can only get sound if I choose EDID 12 - 4K60-420 8-Bit 300mhz FS or lower.

If I choose EDID 1 - 11, I can get picture only and no sound. So I cannot use any of the high end 4k formats.

Is something wrong with my unit? Or am I missing a setting here? Do I need a Linker as well to solve the problem?

My Receive does 1.4 hdmi max, no 2.0 or HDCP2.2

http://www.us.marantz.com/us/product...oductId=AV8801

Please help!

Marantz AV8802A & 7055 / Rotel 2x RMB-1095 & RMB-1090 / Yamaha P7000S / DTech BP2000TL / DTech C/L/R 3000 / DTech BPVX/P Surr/Rears / DTech SM65 Wides / Polk RC60i / SVS PB13 Ultra & PB16 Ultra / Buttkicker LFE / JVC X750 / Panny UB900 / iRule & Insteon.
Coffin Family Theater Build
cofn42 is offline  
post #2864 of 5488 Old 09-16-2016, 11:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
mhdiab's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Anchorage, AK
Posts: 2,500
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Right it's 399$ and it will continue to work and allow you to use your system till 8K goes mainstream. (we have tested Integral at 8K 4:2:0 600MHz)
It will be at least as expensive as trying to catch up on all AVR, sources and displays that the industry will try to force on you till 8K goes mainstream, HDCP2.3 is at the corner... HDCP PRO coming..

But sure, a nice new receiver out of the box, its always tempting
Fury Integral is $249 right? Then linker is $199 which is a total of $449


discounts now / if I buy both making it $399?


Yes a new receiver would definitely be more
mhdiab is offline  
post #2865 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 04:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofn42 View Post
Hello, I just purchased a Integral and I am having some trouble with set up.

My set up is Xbox1 S / 4K HTPC -> Integral -> Output Top to JVC X750R for video and Output 2 Marantz AV8801 for Sound.

I can only get sound if I choose EDID 12 - 4K60-420 8-Bit 300mhz FS or lower.

If I choose EDID 1 - 11, I can get picture only and no sound. So I cannot use any of the high end 4k formats.

Is something wrong with my unit? Or am I missing a setting here? Do I need a Linker as well to solve the problem?

My Receive does 1.4 hdmi max, no 2.0 or HDCP2.2

http://www.us.marantz.com/us/product...oductId=AV8801

Please help!
use Integral bottom input, hdcp slide on 1.4.
What is your FW version on integral ? make sure you are running latest for X1S EDID support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdiab View Post
Fury Integral is $249 right? Then linker is $199 which is a total of $449


discounts now / if I buy both making it $399?


Yes a new receiver would definitely be more
See Linker or Integral page, you can buy the combo for 399$

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #2866 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 08:53 AM
Senior Member
 
cofn42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Winnipeg, MB
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
use Integral bottom input, hdcp slide on 1.4.
What is your FW version on integral ? make sure you are running latest for X1S EDID support.
OK, did some testing last night, the only way I am able to get any sound from the Integral with any EDID higher than 12 is to reverse the output, so Top out to AVR, bottom port out to Projector. Then I have to enable the Beta AVR Audio.

This seems wrong though as the video is now being output from the bottom HDMI 1.4 output and effectively not getting a full speed stream, and the Integral is just tricking my projector into thinking it is, am I right?

XB1 is on the latest firmware as well, as is the Integral, I updated them all including the projector and receiver.

I am not sure what you mean by use Integral bottom input, bottom input for what? the XB1S?

Thanks

Marantz AV8802A & 7055 / Rotel 2x RMB-1095 & RMB-1090 / Yamaha P7000S / DTech BP2000TL / DTech C/L/R 3000 / DTech BPVX/P Surr/Rears / DTech SM65 Wides / Polk RC60i / SVS PB13 Ultra & PB16 Ultra / Buttkicker LFE / JVC X750 / Panny UB900 / iRule & Insteon.
Coffin Family Theater Build
cofn42 is offline  
post #2867 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
krichter1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Earth (most days!)
Posts: 5,197
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2116 Post(s)
Liked: 2392
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
I have almost the same, different display device. I was going to go HDMI from Panny to fury, fury to preamp, so I can keep the one HDMI from the preamp to display.

Option 10 I think is what you would want on the fury



10 – 4k60-420 12-bit BT.2020 All Sound

Ken - I have been hearing from a number of users on my JVC 500/600 thread (like the above & those who upgraded from a Samsung UHD to Panny 900), they can no longer inject the Integral in between the player/receiver and must go after the receiver in order to get a 4K picture. Why would that be; any idea? Most seem to be using a D&M receiver and confirmed they reset the Integral (no hot swap of players).

Kevin

You only live once, but if you live it right, once is enough.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


==> Our 4K/3D Immersive Theater

Last edited by krichter1; 09-17-2016 at 11:01 AM.
krichter1 is offline  
post #2868 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 12:10 PM
 
RLBURNSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,901
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked: 1411
Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_fury View Post
Sorry about the misunderstanding.
Here is a webpage of the differences between the hdfury integral and linker.
https://www.hdfury.com/comparison/
Very excited for your next product. I may end up needing to buy both your integral and linker in the meanwhile, but what I really need is something which can apply a custom LUT whilst outputting to SDR (using HDR10 or Dolby Vision inputs). Very hard to find affordable / customizable processors that can do custom LUTs. Please, keep custom color calibration in mind for your next product, it would be a big benefit for high end HT customizers / calibrators.

Also, being able to downscale 2160p UHD content to 1440p or other PC-based resolutions would be a big deal too. It sucks that I'd have to downscale to 1080p instead of 1440p which is my native panel resolution just to get UHD Bluray content on a screen with HDCP 1.4. Need 2160p -> 1440p downscaling. (or other formats. What about native 21:9 monitors like 3440 ultra wide or 3840 x 1620). The downscaler should handle ideally arbitrary resolutions on the output.

Last edited by RLBURNSIDE; 09-17-2016 at 12:22 PM.
RLBURNSIDE is offline  
post #2869 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgtfreek View Post
– 4k60-420 12-bit BT.2020 All Sound

Just a quick question. When I use mode 10, which is what Ill want (no HDR but WCG), does the Fury actually clip the metadata for HDR out of the stream but the WCG 10 bit stays for BT2020? If so that is pretty neat, and makes you wonder why this wasn't offered as an option on CE devices LOL. At least Fury did it.
Yes, the EDID have everything except the HDR flag (you can get same results by using automix + forced flags)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypop View Post
I just ordered one of these, my setup is Panasonic UHD>Marantz 7702Mk2>JVC RS400u projector,where would be the best spot to install the HDFURY in order to strip the HDR but keep the WCG,thanks.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Between PANA and MARANTZ. Automix, HDCP slide on 1.4 and PANA to bottom input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofn42 View Post
Hello, I just purchased a Integral and I am having some trouble with set up.

My set up is Xbox1 S / 4K HTPC -> Integral -> Output Top to JVC X750R for video and Output 2 Marantz AV8801 for Sound.

I can only get sound if I choose EDID 12 - 4K60-420 8-Bit 300mhz FS or lower.

If I choose EDID 1 - 11, I can get picture only and no sound. So I cannot use any of the high end 4k formats.

Is something wrong with my unit? Or am I missing a setting here? Do I need a Linker as well to solve the problem?

My Receive does 1.4 hdmi max, no 2.0 or HDCP2.2

http://www.us.marantz.com/us/product...oductId=AV8801

Please help!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cofn42 View Post
OK, did some testing last night, the only way I am able to get any sound from the Integral with any EDID higher than 12 is to reverse the output, so Top out to AVR, bottom port out to Projector. Then I have to enable the Beta AVR Audio.

This seems wrong though as the video is now being output from the bottom HDMI 1.4 output and effectively not getting a full speed stream, and the Integral is just tricking my projector into thinking it is, am I right?

XB1 is on the latest firmware as well, as is the Integral, I updated them all including the projector and receiver.

I am not sure what you mean by use Integral bottom input, bottom input for what? the XB1S?

Thanks
Not exactly right a bit confused i think

If you put HDCP slide on 1.4 (which only affect TOP OUTPUT), then both output are 600MHz HDCP1.4 which is what you want/need/should do. (if you want to know why, read some page before, it was discussed again and again)

Your Marantz is 4K30 4:4:4 8b max according to usermanual (= 300MHz, which is more likely why 4K60 4:2:0 8b is working as well, because that's also 300MHz)

So if you really want MAX video signal from any sources to your display AND full sound at the same for your AVR, then you need both Integral and Linker

Integral will split MAX signal, giving one output straight to display at max possible video and then Linker will downscale secondary output to feed your AVR at max possible sound.

PS: Yes, i meant X1S to Integral bottom input.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 09-17-2016 at 12:51 PM.
HDfury is offline  
post #2870 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 02:20 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cec

I've just received my Integral and it's working pretty well after updating the firmware.

I purchased the Integral to fix 2 problems:

1) My soundbar doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and was causing issues when the Shield was changing refresh rates.
2) The soundbar wasn't reliably turning on and off through CEC

I'm happy to report that 1) has been solved. However, I'm having some issue with CEC. The television remote control is able to navigate the Shield (arrow keys, enter, back etc). However, volume control, On and Off on the soundbar isn't working. When I press the volume up and down controls, I can see the TV's onscreen display showing that it is sending the commands but the soundbar doesn't change volume.

Here's my set up:

Before:

Shield --- Soundbar Yamaha YSP-2500 --- Television LG UH652T (65")


After:

Shield --- Integral --- top --- Television LG UH652T (65")
---bottom--- Soundbar Yamaha YSP-2500

Integral Settings:
* CEC Broadcast On
* Beta AVR Audio Off
* EDID Settings Auto Mix Mode
* EDID Auto Mix Full Sound, Allow YCbCr, HDR,
* Automix Algo Max Audio, Max Video
* CEC Device Type VP

Suggestions:
* Would it be possible to add the refresh rate eg 23.976 Hz in the information GUI?
* Would it be possible to add the video information (ie the resolution, bit depth etc) to the iOS GUI?
collared_shirt is offline  
post #2871 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 02:53 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
That is correct if you want higher then EDID 12 4k60-420 8 bit you need the linker as well. As the [email protected] 420 8 bit is the maximum resolution of hdmi 1.4

hope this helps


Quote:
Originally Posted by cofn42 View Post
Hello, I just purchased a Integral and I am having some trouble with set up.

My set up is Xbox1 S / 4K HTPC -> Integral -> Output Top to JVC X750R for video and Output 2 Marantz AV8801 for Sound.

I can only get sound if I choose EDID 12 - 4K60-420 8-Bit 300mhz FS or lower.

If I choose EDID 1 - 11, I can get picture only and no sound. So I cannot use any of the high end 4k formats.

Is something wrong with my unit? Or am I missing a setting here? Do I need a Linker as well to solve the problem?

My Receive does 1.4 hdmi max, no 2.0 or HDCP2.2

http://www.us.marantz.com/us/product...oductId=AV8801

Please help!
hd_fury is offline  
post #2872 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 03:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Please see hdfury post here explaining cec

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vid...l#post46770281

Basically you need to turn off cec in the integral so it gets passed through.


Quote:
Originally Posted by collared_shirt View Post
I've just received my Integral and it's working pretty well after updating the firmware.

I purchased the Integral to fix 2 problems:

1) My soundbar doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and was causing issues when the Shield was changing refresh rates.
2) The soundbar wasn't reliably turning on and off through CEC

I'm happy to report that 1) has been solved. However, I'm having some issue with CEC. The television remote control is able to navigate the Shield (arrow keys, enter, back etc). However, volume control, On and Off on the soundbar isn't working. When I press the volume up and down controls, I can see the TV's onscreen display showing that it is sending the commands but the soundbar doesn't change volume.

Here's my set up:

Before:

Shield --- Soundbar Yamaha YSP-2500 --- Television LG UH652T (65")


After:

Shield --- Integral --- top --- Television LG UH652T (65")
---bottom--- Soundbar Yamaha YSP-2500

Integral Settings:
* CEC Broadcast On
* Beta AVR Audio Off
* EDID Settings Auto Mix Mode
* EDID Auto Mix Full Sound, Allow YCbCr, HDR,
* Automix Algo Max Audio, Max Video
* CEC Device Type VP

Suggestions:
* Would it be possible to add the refresh rate eg 23.976 Hz in the information GUI?
* Would it be possible to add the video information (ie the resolution, bit depth etc) to the iOS GUI?
hd_fury is offline  
post #2873 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 05:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by collared_shirt View Post
I've just received my Integral and it's working pretty well after updating the firmware.

I purchased the Integral to fix 2 problems:

1) My soundbar doesn't support HDCP 2.2 and was causing issues when the Shield was changing refresh rates.
2) The soundbar wasn't reliably turning on and off through CEC

I'm happy to report that 1) has been solved. However, I'm having some issue with CEC. The television remote control is able to navigate the Shield (arrow keys, enter, back etc). However, volume control, On and Off on the soundbar isn't working. When I press the volume up and down controls, I can see the TV's onscreen display showing that it is sending the commands but the soundbar doesn't change volume.

Here's my set up:

Before:

Shield --- Soundbar Yamaha YSP-2500 --- Television LG UH652T (65")


After:

Shield --- Integral --- top --- Television LG UH652T (65")
---bottom--- Soundbar Yamaha YSP-2500

Integral Settings:
* CEC Broadcast On
* Beta AVR Audio Off
* EDID Settings Auto Mix Mode
* EDID Auto Mix Full Sound, Allow YCbCr, HDR,
* Automix Algo Max Audio, Max Video
* CEC Device Type VP

Suggestions:
* Would it be possible to add the refresh rate eg 23.976 Hz in the information GUI?
* Would it be possible to add the video information (ie the resolution, bit depth etc) to the iOS GUI?
Try driving a HDMI cable from TV to AVR (for ARC for example) then it should work, please confirm.

HDCP slide on 1.4 and use bottom input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hd_fury View Post
Please see hdfury post here explaining cec

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/37-vid...l#post46770281

Basically you need to turn off cec in the integral so it gets passed through.
This can be tested for the glory but i doubt it

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is offline  
post #2874 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 10:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Try driving a HDMI cable from TV to AVR (for ARC for example) then it should work, please confirm.

HDCP slide on 1.4 and use bottom input.
Do you mean I should try disconnecting the Integral and directly connect the TV ARC HDMI port to the soundbar HDMI out to to see what happens? Or do you mean I should try leaving the existing cabling and Integral in place and add another HDMI cable between the TV ARC HDMI port and the soundbar HDMI out?

Yes, I have the HDCP slide on 1.4. I think you mean I should try putting the Integral as follows:

Shield --- Integral ---bottom--- soundbar --- TV HDMI ARC

I'll give it a try
collared_shirt is offline  
post #2875 of 5488 Old 09-17-2016, 10:40 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tkbryant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Chicago Burbs
Posts: 1,625
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Ok so if I have the Fury, I can have all my 4K or HDR capable devices, Panasonic DMP-UB900, Xbox One S, Android Shield Console, PS4, going into my Onkyo TX-NR 838 & then have the Onkyo going out to the Fury & then Fury into my Vizio PC65-C1 and be able to get HDR on all my devices?
tkbryant is offline  
post #2876 of 5488 Old 09-18-2016, 02:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by collared_shirt View Post
Shield --- Integral ---bottom--- soundbar --- TV HDMI ARC
I've connected as above and have made sure the slide is set to HDCP 1.4. I'm using the bottom output port from the Integral.

I am able to control the volume of the soundbar from the TV remote but the arrow keys and enter doesn't seem to reach the Shield. If I turn on CEC audio control on the Shield, the remote doesn't change the volume on the soundbar. Also, putting the Shield to sleep doesn't cause the soundbar or the TV to turn off. Turning off and on the TV from the TV remote turns on and off the TV and soundbar but not change to the Shield.

The symptom is something similar to CEC commands not passing through the Integral to the Shield.

I have also tried connecting from the soundbar to a normal TV HDMI port. Volume control works to the soundbar but the arrow buttons from the television remote control doesn't make the Shield react.

I turned on and off CEC broadcast. It doesn't make any difference.

To double check, I removed the Integral from the above chain and when the Shield sleeps, it turns off both the TV and the soundbar. However, turning on the Shield doesn't reliably turn on the soundbar.
collared_shirt is offline  
post #2877 of 5488 Old 09-18-2016, 05:54 AM
Senior Member
 
indus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 20
@HDfury

I'm trying to achieve 4k/ BT2020 4;4;4 SDR from UHD discs ie turn HDR off.

My kit is Panny UB900 > Marantz 7702 mk2 > JVC X5000.

All hdmi cables have been checked without the integral in the chain and work appropriately. I am running the most current firmware.

My test disc is The Revenant. Picture and sound are coming through but only at 1080/24p SDR/BT709 4;4;4/12 bit. The disc itself shows as 3840x2160/24p HDR/BT.2020, 4.2.0/10 bit.

I'm using the android app to control the integral and haven't touched any of the physical sliders. My settings are as following (anything not mentioned is set to off)

1) Channel selection 1

2) HDCP = 2.2 + 1.4

3) Sound setting HDMI

4) EDID setting Custom

5) EDID Automix Allow YCbCr
BT 2020 is OFF. If I switch it on I lose the picture completely
HDR on

6) Automix Algo 2

7) EDID custom 10

8) Convert 4.4.4. to 4.2.0 OFF

9) HDR Force mode off and hotkey off

10) CEC device type VP.

All further CEC related settings left as factory default.


Thanks very much for your help
indus1 is offline  
post #2878 of 5488 Old 09-18-2016, 06:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Please confirm your display is a 2016 vizio p65-c1?

As there is no PC65-C1 listed on vizio's website.

We really cannot answer questions without a valid model number.

I also see your receiver does not support hdr as it is a 2014 model.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/465-hi...nr838-hdr.html


So the integral and most likely the linker will have to go before the avr.

Your best bet is to get a hdmi switch that supports hdr and put all sources into the switch inputs. Then install the integral on the switches output. Then the integrals output would go directly to the tv and the other to the avr for sound.

It is possible the avr will not accept the hdr signal for sound. If so you would need the linker as well. Hdfury has a sale of both units for 399 at the moment.
Then it would be hooked up like this

Get a hdmi switch that supports hdr and put all sources into the switch inputs. Then install the integral on the switches output. The integrals output would go directly to the tv and the other integral output would go to the linker which would remove the hdr. Then finally the linkers output to the avr.

Hope this helps






Quote:
Originally Posted by tkbryant View Post
Ok so if I have the Fury, I can have all my 4K or HDR capable devices, Panasonic DMP-UB900, Xbox One S, Android Shield Console, PS4, going into my Onkyo TX-NR 838 & then have the Onkyo going out to the Fury & then Fury into my Vizio PC65-C1 and be able to get HDR on all my devices?

Last edited by hd_fury; 09-18-2016 at 06:34 AM.
hd_fury is offline  
post #2879 of 5488 Old 09-18-2016, 07:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6,218
Mentioned: 660 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5172 Post(s)
Liked: 1476
Quote:
Originally Posted by collared_shirt View Post
Do you mean I should try disconnecting the Integral and directly connect the TV ARC HDMI port to the soundbar HDMI out to to see what happens? Or do you mean I should try leaving the existing cabling and Integral in place and add another HDMI cable between the TV ARC HDMI port and the soundbar HDMI out?

Yes, I have the HDCP slide on 1.4. I think you mean I should try putting the Integral as follows:

Shield --- Integral ---bottom--- soundbar --- TV HDMI ARC

I'll give it a try
Quote:
Originally Posted by collared_shirt View Post
I've connected as above and have made sure the slide is set to HDCP 1.4. I'm using the bottom output port from the Integral.

I am able to control the volume of the soundbar from the TV remote but the arrow keys and enter doesn't seem to reach the Shield. If I turn on CEC audio control on the Shield, the remote doesn't change the volume on the soundbar. Also, putting the Shield to sleep doesn't cause the soundbar or the TV to turn off. Turning off and on the TV from the TV remote turns on and off the TV and soundbar but not change to the Shield.

The symptom is something similar to CEC commands not passing through the Integral to the Shield.

I have also tried connecting from the soundbar to a normal TV HDMI port. Volume control works to the soundbar but the arrow buttons from the television remote control doesn't make the Shield react.

I turned on and off CEC broadcast. It doesn't make any difference.

To double check, I removed the Integral from the above chain and when the Shield sleeps, it turns off both the TV and the soundbar. However, turning on the Shield doesn't reliably turn on the soundbar.
Ok, try to understand this, then you should be able to figure it out:

-CEC always work from ROOT (TV) and fall down like a tree downstream. Signal cannot go from ROOT to INTEGRAL and then reach another device at integral output, however it can reach device connected at input.
-CEC master output is integral TOP output.

so basically, you need to access your TV ROOT, if you have soundbar at integral output, you also need to link soundbar to TV (so CEC ROOT can see it!) and then you need to check the TV network map as it gets updated each time you insert or link something in your setup. Also, once you know the physical address of a CEC device you can create custom CEC message to do what ever you want from Integral. if when you insert HDMI cable from soundbar to root, you have soundbar control working, then simply make sure soundbar is connected to integral TOP OUTPUT and CEC will allow you to control shield too. (or whatever devices at integral input)

The easy test to do : SHIELD > INTEGRAL > TOP OUTPUT TO SOUND BAR > SOUND BAR TO TV. confirm all CEC message works fine.


Quote:
Originally Posted by indus1 View Post
@HDfury

I'm trying to achieve 4k/ BT2020 4;4;4 SDR from UHD discs ie turn HDR off.

My kit is Panny UB900 > Marantz 7702 mk2 > JVC X5000.

All hdmi cables have been checked without the integral in the chain and work appropriately. I am running the most current firmware.

My test disc is The Revenant. Picture and sound are coming through but only at 1080/24p SDR/BT709 4;4;4/12 bit. The disc itself shows as 3840x2160/24p HDR/BT.2020, 4.2.0/10 bit.

I'm using the android app to control the integral and haven't touched any of the physical sliders. My settings are as following (anything not mentioned is set to off)

1) Channel selection 1

2) HDCP = 2.2 + 1.4

3) Sound setting HDMI

4) EDID setting Custom

5) EDID Automix Allow YCbCr
BT 2020 is OFF. If I switch it on I lose the picture completely
HDR on

6) Automix Algo 2

7) EDID custom 10

8) Convert 4.4.4. to 4.2.0 OFF

9) HDR Force mode off and hotkey off

10) CEC device type VP.

All further CEC related settings left as factory default.


Thanks very much for your help
Do you have integral before or after AVR ? put HDCD slide on 1.4 and confirm slide switch position for EDID.
Post usermanual link to both Marantz AVR and JVC PJ to check their max supported signals.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 09-18-2016 at 07:56 AM.
HDfury is offline  
post #2880 of 5488 Old 09-18-2016, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
indus1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok, try to understand this, then you should be able to figure it out:

-CEC always work from ROOT (TV) and fall down like a tree downstream. Signal cannot go from ROOT to INTEGRAL and then reach another device at integral output, however it can reach device connected at input.
-CEC master output is integral TOP output.

so basically, you need to access your TV ROOT, if you have soundbar at integral output, you also need to link soundbar to TV (so CEC ROOT can see it!) and then you need to check the TV network map as it gets updated each time you insert or link something in your setup. Also, once you know the physical address of a CEC device you can create custom CEC message to do what ever you want from Integral. if when you insert HDMI cable from soundbar to root, you have soundbar control working, then simply make sure soundbar is connected to integral TOP OUTPUT and CEC will allow you to control shield too. (or whatever devices at integral input)




Do you have integral before or after AVR ? put HDCD slide on 1.4 and confirm slide switch position for EDID.
Post usermanual link to both Marantz AVR and JVC PJ to check their max supported signals.


Hi

I have UB900 going into the input of the integral and then from the integrals output to the AVR, in other words.

UB900 > Integral > AVR > Projector

The AVR and JVC PJ will definitely support 4k, 4.4.4, 12 bit, BT2020. I know this because they do so without the integral in the chain.

When you said

put HDCD slide on 1.4 and confirm slide switch position for EDID.

Where should the EDID slide switch be?

Thanks very much
indus1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Tags
K8500

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off