New Lumagen Radiance Pro Series - Page 123 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4122Likes

post #3661 of 5857 Old 12-08-2018, 08:49 AM
Rise & Grind

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 324 Post(s)
Liked: 292
Last night my son watched a movie by himself, and said he did not notice the intermittent audio/video blanking, so maybe the firmware update I applied to the Radiance Pro on Wednesday changed something for my particular setup. We will have to wait and see now.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear...yes, I find it’s ultra important to keep up to date with the latest firmware. Jim & the guys always seem to be improving & fixing things real time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trinnov Altitude 16, Magico A3, Magico ACC, Magico A1s, Dual Rythmik FV25HP
Amps- ATI AT523NC, AT524NC, AT528NC
Kaleidescape Terra Server/Strato, Oppo UDP-203, Apple TV4k, XFinity X1
Sony VPL-VW5000, 136" 2.35:1 Stewart Studiotek 100 screen, Lumagen Pro 4242
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 5857 Old 12-10-2018, 09:03 AM
.NET Solution Architect

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 662 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Hey guys, got strange issue.
I'm playing ripped UHD disc from OPPO UDP-203 Network, its DTS VOL 22 demo disc, and it sends audio as Stereo, audio track is DTS-HD 7.1 however it does send it as Stereo.
I'm hooking it via Lumagen and Audio goes from Lumagen to my AVR DENON X3500H, I know this is not AVR issue as I can play the same source from X9S ZIDOO box and it does play in DTS-HD and not in Stereo, X9S is hooked via Lumagen and the same cable goes from HDMI OUT 1 to feed the audio, and AVR does receive it as DTS-HD.
Only from Oppo it does play stereo only, I've tried setting in Audio output settings to Bitstream, but absolutely the same, all movies are played in stereo.
I have latest firmware checked via network update.
Did anyone experience similar? Is it OPPO issue or this can be Lumagen issue?

Video: Synology 416Play NAS 24TB -> OPPO UDP-203 / Zidoo X9S / Nvidia Shield 4K -> Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 -> SONY VPL-VW760ES -> Elite Screen 135'' 16:9 1.1 Max White;
Audio: DENON X3500H -> Dali Zensor 7.1 Dolby Atmos (7, 1, E12F, Vokal, Dolby Alteco C1)
post #3663 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 05:37 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 401
I had this problem where all my sources were sending two channel audio.

the fix was to use the shortcut (menu, 0943) which will report all audio formats back to the sources.

If that works, then you have to save.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lumagen Radiance Pro HDR Tone Mapping Guide: Click Here

Lumagen Radiance Pro Setup & Calibration Tips: Click Here

UHD-BD Backup & Playback Guidance Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3664 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 08:27 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2649 Post(s)
Liked: 1747
Quote:
Originally Posted by giomania View Post

the fix was to use the shortcut (menu, 0943) which will report all audio formats back to the sources.

The issue described I believe usually occurs if you don't have a device connected to the Audio only HDMI output, and are only using the Video+Audio HDMI outs - it causes a stereo only EDID to be sent to the sources. Is that what you are doing?

This seems counter intuitive to me; in the absence of a device attached to the Audio HDMI out I would have thought it would make more sense to copy the Audio part of the EDID from the active video HDMI. Having said that the workaround is relatively simple (menu command mentioned).
post #3665 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 08:50 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Quoted: 1601 Post(s)
Liked: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrp View Post
There have been a few high-end audio processors that have had issues with the Pro audio output. These have been (as best we can determine) that the audio processor is not processing all needed audio interrupts for the Pro's "audio only" output (and instead depending on video interrupts to know when to change the audio mode which does not work with an "audio only" stream since the blank video carrying the audio does not change), or HDMI circuit designs that need an active cable because they cannot deal with the fast edge rates of the Radiance Pro audio only output. Or, as another example, one high end audio product's switch board (which is used in a number of high end audio products) was reporting that the 6 Channel PCM it was receiving was 6 channel PCM as it should, but only processing the left and right channels. Patrick figured out how to have the Pro output kick the audio processor switch board just right to wake it up and get it to not only report the 6 channels, but also to process all of them. Fortunately we have now worked around the audio processor audio issues we know about. I mention these in case something new pops up with a different product.

Finally, as always, I strongly recommend 18 GHz Certified HDMI cables for all connections. This includes the "audio only" output from the Pro even though it is running at an HD rate. This is because transmission-line theory says it is the edge rate that matters most for required cable quality, rather than video rate (which does matter but not as much). Also avoid passive HDMI cables less than 2 meters long (especially for audio) as the signal can be too hot due to cable EQ. I recommend Tributaries "Certified" 2 to 3 meter UHDP passives, or for the long run from the Pro output the Tributaries UHDT "Titan" cables.
Interesting.

I use a Monoprice certified 18 GHz HDMI cable from Radiance Pro audio only HDMI output to my Theta Casablanca IVA SSP. With the CBIVA having the prior HDMI 1.4 card, and now the current and latest HDMI 2.0 card, whenever I start up the SSP, I often find I need to turn it off from the back for a few seconds and then back on from the back, and then turn back on from standby on the front, to get an audio lock with DirecTV and sometimes other audio/AV sources as well. Jim, are you saying that this latest technology passive Tributaries HDMI cable may help this?

https://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/show....php?t=1158431 No dealer is authorized to tell you I refer to them - any referrals I make will be done personally by me. Over the years I have found certain dealer(s) who I cannot recommend for good reason.
! 9.4.13 Trinnov Altitude 32 Theatre renovation/upgrade starts end of July 2019!
post #3666 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Hey guys, got strange issue.
I'm playing ripped UHD disc from OPPO UDP-203 Network, its DTS VOL 22 demo disc, and it sends audio as Stereo, audio track is DTS-HD 7.1 however it does send it as Stereo.
There is an audio selection button on the Oppo remote which should allow you to switch music tracks.
post #3667 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 09:20 AM
.NET Solution Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
There is an audio selection button on the Oppo remote which should allow you to switch music tracks.
I have already resolved that issue, this was Lumagen.
The input HDMI config for audio been set to Passback, but my output is set to output 2 , I've set to common and all worked as expected, so now it detects audio from oppo as needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I have that disc and when played from either my Oppo 203 or Panasonic UB820, my Denon X6400H reports DTS:X MSTR audio. Does the same issue occur if you play the physical disc instead of the UHD folder?

Update: I created a UHD folder backup of my disc and played it with my Oppo. AVR reports DTS:X MSTR just like it did for the disc. Option button on the Oppo remote shows just one audio format: DTS:HD MA 7.1.

Oppo audio is set to Bitstream.
Secondary Audio is set to Off.
So now works great.
mikela likes this.

Video: Synology 416Play NAS 24TB -> OPPO UDP-203 / Zidoo X9S / Nvidia Shield 4K -> Lumagen Radiance Pro 4444 -> SONY VPL-VW760ES -> Elite Screen 135'' 16:9 1.1 Max White;
Audio: DENON X3500H -> Dali Zensor 7.1 Dolby Atmos (7, 1, E12F, Vokal, Dolby Alteco C1)
post #3668 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 09:46 AM
.NET Solution Architect

Quote:

Mark

Hi Mark,

Thank you I've resolved that problem yesterday, exactly. This command sets to report common audio modes to all sources.
By default the Audio EDID is set to passback, this will only work when you connect Audio output from Output 1 on Lumagen to your AVR.
Now when I connected my Audio Output 1 to AVR, because I'm hooking from Monitor2 into Lumagen Input 3, I think there was that Loop issue described by Jim, so the work around was to hook Audio from Output 2 and Set Audio EDID to Report Common to all devices, this has resolved the audio problems for Oppo and also I'm able to see the Denon OSD and main menu from the Input 3 without Authentication loop issue.

post #3669 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 10:52 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
The issue described I believe usually occurs if you don't have a device connected to the Audio only HDMI output, and are only using the Video+Audio HDMI outs - it causes a stereo only EDID to be sent to the sources. Is that what you are doing?

This seems counter intuitive to me; in the absence of a device attached to the Audio HDMI out I would have thought it would make more sense to copy the Audio part of the EDID from the active video HDMI. Having said that the workaround is relatively simple (menu command mentioned).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulOfUniverse View Post
Hi Mark,

Thank you I've resolved that problem yesterday, exactly. This command sets to report common audio modes to all sources.
By default the Audio EDID is set to passback, this will only work when you connect Audio output from Output 1 on Lumagen to your AVR.
Now when I connected my Audio Output 1 to AVR, because I'm hooking from Monitor2 into Lumagen Input 3, I think there was that Loop issue described by Jim, so the work around was to hook Audio from Output 2 and Set Audio EDID to Report Common to all devices, this has resolved the audio problems for Oppo and also I'm able to see the Denon OSD and main menu from the Input 3 without Authentication loop issue.
Thanks guys. I always wondered why I needed to do this command to get multi-channel audio, and now I know.

Mark

post #3670 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 10:59 AM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2649 Post(s)
Liked: 1747
Quote:
Thanks guys. I always wondered why I needed to do this command to get multi-channel audio, and now I know.
Yes, it is different I believe to how the 2143 used to work; if I'm honest I preferred the Audio EDID management setup in the older units as it was much more explicit; was nice to be able to arbitrarily toggle all the formats for a given input. The stereo thing got me when I first set up my unit, the Pro behaviour is quite counter-intuitive.
post #3671 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 11:11 AM
QuadMersed in bass!

I noted in the test pattern tech tips it states that "The test patterns can be used for calibrating displays and 3D glasses.."

I researched this lightly, and did find in the Radiance (non-Pro) manual the below mention, but it would appear this is for CRT projectors, and perhaps modern displays do not require any calibration of 3D glasses?

3D Glasses Adjust
When using the Radiance to control 3D glasses timing, such as with a CRT projector, this setting adjusts the timing offset of the 3D glasses. This delay is combined with the global delay setting under the MENU → Other → I/O Setup → 3D Glasses menu. This command has no effect if the 3D display is controlling the 3D glasses.

In the event that calibrating 3D glasses is possible / required on modern displays, does anyone know which specific pattern(s) would be used for this, and how that is accomplished? I assume the display 3D settings would need to be adjusted while viewing the test patterns.

Thanks.

Mark

post #3672 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 03:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi,

as far as you know, will a horizontal keystone be implemented in the PRO?

Thanks.
post #3673 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 04:27 PM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Liked: 1137
Quote:
Is anyone using a Denon AVR-X3500H with the Pro?

I am experiencing intermittent audio/video blanking that lasts around 10 seconds with multiple sources.

I also have a 50 foot Ruipro hybrid fiber cable in between the pro and the AVR, so was thinking that component may be the cause. I am using an HDMI voltage inserter on the cable at the Pro output, because without it the video signal flashes repeatedly. I attempted to move the HDMI voltage inserter to the sink end (the AVR input) yesterday, but that caused constant audio issues.
I am probably duplicating other replies, but I recommend getting rid of the voltage-inserter between the Pro and the RUIPRO. The Pro has plenty of HDMI standby output power to drive the RUIPRO, and the inserter is nothing more than a discontinuity in the HDMI transmission lines. The discontinuity it creates may be the cause of your dropouts, and in any case is a bad idea for a 4k HDMI connection.

I recommend against fiber cables for connections carrying audio since they tend to have more jitter than metal only HDMI cables. I also recommend against such a long cable for audio. Audio is much more sensitive than video for HDMI. If you need to go 50 feet from the Pro for the output carrying audio I recommend the Tributaries UHDT "Titan" all metal cable. I do not have any jitter data on this versus the RUIPRO but I have noticed the HDMI connection locks faster using the UHDT than the RUIPRO. I believe this is in part due to it having less jitter, but might just be it is a clean signal. Either way I prefer the Tributaries Titan, especially for audio connections, while still recommending the RUIPRO as an excellent cable.

It sounds like you pass video through the AVR. I recommend the Pro drive the Projector/TV directly and not through the AVR. I suspect if you send video from the Pro to the TV/projector directly, and audio to the AVR, both using Titan cables, you will improve your reliability. Of course I cannot be certain, but this change in connectivity has resolved dropouts in other systems.
SoulOfUniverse likes this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #3674 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 04:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 636
Quote:
If you need to go 50 feet from the Pro for the output carrying audio I recommend the Tributaries UHDT "Titan" all metal cable
What do you recommend for shorter distances...say 2 meters?
post #3675 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 04:51 PM
QuadMersed in bass!

New Lumagen Radiance Pro Series

Quote:
I am probably duplicating other replies, but I recommend getting rid of the voltage-inserter between the Pro and the RUIPRO. The Pro has plenty of HDMI standby output power to drive the RUIPRO, and the inserter is nothing more than a discontinuity in the HDMI transmission lines. The discontinuity it creates may be the cause of your dropouts, and in any case is a bad idea for a 4k HDMI connection.

I recommend against fiber cables for connections carrying audio since they tend to have more jitter than metal only HDMI cables. I also recommend against such a long cable for audio. Audio is much more sensitive than video for HDMI. If you need to go 50 feet from the Pro for the output carrying audio I recommend the Tributaries UHDT "Titan" all metal cable. I do not have any jitter data on this versus the RUIPRO but I have noticed the HDMI connection locks faster using the UHDT than the RUIPRO. I believe this is in part due to it having less jitter, but might just be it is a clean signal. Either way I prefer the Tributaries Titan, especially for audio connections, while still recommending the RUIPRO as an excellent cable.

It sounds like you pass video through the AVR. I recommend the Pro drive the Projector/TV directly and not through the AVR. I suspect if you send video from the Pro to the TV/projector directly, and audio to the AVR, both using Titan cables, you will improve your reliability. Of course I cannot be certain, but this change in connectivity has resolved dropouts in other systems.

Thanks Jim.

I will try removing it again, but the two times I have tried to remove the voltage inserter previously, there is constant flashing of the signal on and off. I should probably try different HDMI inputs on the AVR to make it a thorough test.

The reason for testing the other inputs is that Denon has recommended in the past with other AVR’s to use the HDMI input that is physically closest to the output to mitigate issues with 4K HDR source devices.

I want the AVR volume display on my TV and am willing to live with some compromises to achieve that goal.

Mark

Last edited by giomania; 12-11-2018 at 04:57 PM.
post #3676 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2628 Post(s)
Liked: 2133
What do you say Jim, frame-based intensity mapping as a nice Christmas gift???
Mike_WI and Tuning like this.
post #3677 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 05:02 PM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bruzonsky View Post
Interesting.

I use a Monoprice certified 18 GHz HDMI cable from Radiance Pro audio only HDMI output to my Theta Casablanca IVA SSP. With the CBIVA having the prior HDMI 1.4 card, and now the current and latest HDMI 2.0 card, whenever I start up the SSP, I often find I need to turn it off from the back for a few seconds and then back on from the back, and then turn back on from standby on the front, to get an audio lock with DirecTV and sometimes other audio/AV sources as well. Jim, are you saying that this latest technology passive Tributaries HDMI cable may help this?
No, the Tributaries cables will not help with the problem you describe, unless you also have dropouts while watching a program. Then it might help. However I think your issue likely missing HDMI audio interrupts in the Theta.

If you have a 9 GHz output available use MENU 0943 and a save to "enable common audio formats" (if you have not already. Entering this if already enabled goes back to pass-back audio EDID from device on Output 1).

Then connect the 9 GHz output to the Theta, and enable both audio and video on that output using the Output Setup Menu, and then Save. If the issue with the Theta is missing HDMI audio interrupt processing, you should then get solid audio switching.

If this does not help try going back to the audio-only output but insert a 1-to-2 1080p HDMI splitter. Use the 2 meter Monoprice from the Pro to the splitter, and another Monoprice 2 meter from the splitter out 1 to the Theta. If this helps then the issue is a transmission line issue in the HDMI input of the Theta.

If neither helps email or call support. I get back from vacation on Monday. Feel free to call me next week.
SoulOfUniverse likes this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #3678 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 05:35 PM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikela View Post
What do you recommend for shorter distances...say 2 meters?
For passive HDMI cables I recommend:

Always use 18 GHz Certified cable no matter the actual connection speed.

Never use less than a 2 meter passive. HDMI has static cable EQ which is designed for longer cable so the signal on a shorter cable can be too hot for the receiver. This is especially true for audio and I likely have one or more systems a month where going from a 1 meter to a two meter passive fixes the issues.

For 4k I recommend a 2 to 3 meter length using an 18 GHz HDMI cable.

I recommend against longer than 3 meter passives with some exceptions. This is actually more an input design issue in products than a cable issue. For example I have a number of tests using an eight-meter 18 GHz passive HDMI cable from sources to the Radiance Pro at 18 GHz and it passed my testing. However the same source and cable to TVs has not worked at 18 GHz. Note this is not an exhaustive test by any means. Also, please understand I do not recommend using an eight-meter passive for 18 GHz, but in some cases a 4 or 5 meter 18 GHz passive cable can be used for well designed products at 18 GHz.

[EDIT]: I see I didn't make specific recommendations. For 2 to 3 meter passive I recommend Tributaries UHDP cables. They are excellent both mechanically and electrically and not outrageously expensive. I really like the way the UHDP cables are retained in the HDMI jack. Based on how good I think they are Lumagen is now a dealer for Tributaries cables. I also recommend the Ethereal Velox, and the Monoprice 18 GHz certified HDMI cables. There are other good 18 GHz certified cables, but these are the three I recommend.
turls, mikela and Mike_WI like this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen

Last edited by jrp; 12-11-2018 at 06:53 PM.
post #3679 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 06:31 PM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
What do you say Jim, frame-based intensity mapping as a nice Christmas gift???
I don't like to post schedules since things always take longer than expected.

That said, we are making progress on dynamic tone mapping. So there is a chance for the first "Alpha Level" dynamic tone mapping release will be this year. Certainly not a "schedule" and it may be into next year before we have this in a release. Sorry that's the best i can give as to time frame.

Note that as I have said before there will likely be ongoing tuning releases since this is a rather difficult task.
Wookii and SoulOfUniverse like this.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #3680 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 06:51 PM
jrp
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I noted in the test pattern tech tips it states that "The test patterns can be used for calibrating displays and 3D glasses.."

I researched this lightly, and did find in the Radiance (non-Pro) manual the below mention, but it would appear this is for CRT projectors, and perhaps modern displays do not require any calibration of 3D glasses?

3D Glasses Adjust
When using the Radiance to control 3D glasses timing, such as with a CRT projector, this setting adjusts the timing offset of the 3D glasses. This delay is combined with the global delay setting under the MENU → Other → I/O Setup → 3D Glasses menu. This command has no effect if the 3D display is controlling the 3D glasses.
This feature was specific to CRT projectors.

For digital projectors and TVs the 3D glasses timing is controlled by the projector or TV.

Jim Peterson
Lumagen
post #3681 of 5857 Old 12-11-2018, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2628 Post(s)
Liked: 2133
Quote:
I don't like to post schedules since things always take longer than expected.

That said, we are making progress on dynamic tone mapping. So there is a chance for the first "Alpha Level" dynamic tone mapping release will be this year. Certainly not a "schedule" and it may be into next year before we have this in a release. Sorry that's the best i can give as to time frame.

Note that as I have said before there will likely be ongoing tuning releases since this is a rather difficult task.
Alpha-level!? Not sure if that’s warm chestnuts or coals in our stockings...

But beggars can’t be choosers!

Thanks
post #3682 of 5857 Old 12-12-2018, 03:02 AM

Quoted: 321 Post(s)
Liked: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianluca Vignini View Post
Hi,

as far as you know, will a horizontal keystone be implemented in the PRO?

Thanks.
I requested this a long time ago. The answer I got was: " It is not easy to implement"

For us cinemascope users that would be an absolute fantastic feature....
thrang likes this.
post #3683 of 5857 Old 12-13-2018, 06:10 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Liked: 329
Arrow FW Beta 111518

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...ncepro_updates

Beta 111518
Improves or fixes several deficits in image based auto aspect detection.
Fix for sometimes missing MaxCll detection from HDR sources and also cases of not changing the colorspace when HDR/SDR changes occur.
Added another rs232 report for only SDR/HDR under Other: I/O Setup: RS-232 Setup : Report changes.
If set to SDR/HDR 'S' or 'H' will be output on rs232 for SDR or HDR respectively.
Please continue giving us your detailed feedback on issues via email at [email protected] .
Update time ~5 minutes @230k from previous firmware

EDIT:

** NOTE: Don't install 111518 ***

Beta 111618
Fixed saving bug in 111518.
Fix for sometimes missing MaxCll detection from HDR sources and also cases of not changing the colorspace when HDR/SDR changes occur which were issues in 1101-111018 firmware.
Added another rs232 report for only SDR/HDR under Other: I/O Setup: RS-232 Setup : Report changes.
If set to SDR/HDR 'S' or 'H' will be output on rs232 for SDR or HDR respectively.
Please continue giving us your detailed feedback on issues via email at [email protected] .

Bug with 111518
Saving menu changes caused units to hang and corrupted the configuration.
If you've updated to 111518 already then don't save any configuration changes and to update you'll need to do a bootloader update which means unplugging power, then replugging power and starting the update utility in ~10 seconds.
giomania likes this.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link

Last edited by Mike_WI; 12-14-2018 at 07:54 PM.
post #3684 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 AM

Quoted: 125 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Some problems. 1.85 aspect ratio doesn't work anymore, sometimes saving data configuration hangs the Radiance and you have to unplug from AC, image has a permanent black border in top and and bottom.
Tried to restore previous firmware but it hangs while "UsingFPGA loc00". I tried normal and Forced.
Does anybody have an idea how can I restore it to previous firmware?
post #3685 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 05:18 AM

if it can be helpful, here is the log:

Status: 01001200 SW Rev:111518 Serial:3487 baud rate:115200
This updater is Rev:111018
This updater is Rev:111018
Using FPGA loc:00
post #3686 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 05:25 AM

Now it can't definitely save configuration any more. It always hangs on "Press 'OK' to confirm saving configuration Saving…..please wait"
I have to unplug AC
post #3687 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 05:26 AM

You need to make a bootloader firmware restore.

1. Turn the Radiance power off by unplugging the AC power cord or unplugging the power cord from the back of the Radiance.
2. On the PC double click (run) the download utility.
3. Choose the correct Com port.
4. Plug in the Radiance power cord.
5. Within 10 seconds, click “Start” to begin the download.
6. The firmware update will start updating which can take a couple minutes. The PC
utility will finish and tell you when it’s done.
7. If the utility finishes with and error; just turn the Radiance off, then back on and
rerun the download utility
stefanop likes this.
post #3688 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eventidal View Post
You need to make a bootloader firmware restore.

1. Turn the Radiance power off by unplugging the AC power cord or unplugging the power cord from the back of the Radiance.
2. On the PC double click (run) the download utility.
3. Choose the correct Com port.
4. Plug in the Radiance power cord.
5. Within 10 seconds, click “Start” to begin the download.
6. The firmware update will start updating which can take a couple minutes. The PC
utility will finish and tell you when it’s done.
7. If the utility finishes with and error; just turn the Radiance off, then back on and
rerun the download utility
Thank you Eventidal, you solved it! It downgraded perfectly but I had to reload a configuration backup because colors were completely nonsense like cross-processed film.

Thank you very much for your help.
post #3689 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 07:10 AM

Always glad to help!
post #3690 of 5857 Old 12-14-2018, 07:53 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Liked: 329
Arrow FW Beta 111618

http://www.lumagen.com/testindex.php...ncepro_updates

Beta 111618
Fixed saving bug in 111518.
Fix for sometimes missing MaxCll detection from HDR sources and also cases of not changing the colorspace when HDR/SDR changes occur which were issues in 1101-111018 firmware.

Bug with 111518
Saving menu changes caused units to hang and corrupted the configuration.
If you've updated to 111518 already then don't save any configuration changes and to update you'll need to do a bootloader update which means unplugging power, then replugging power and starting the update utility in ~10 seconds.

HT: Oppo UDP-203 -> Lumagen RadiancePro 4446 {18 GHz input x2 & 18 GHz output x1 cards} - "new (112818 FW)" 18 GHz microcode - parallel outs to --> [Audio: Denon 5308CI] --> [Video: JVC RS520 FW v30.1]
HT Details: link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page