Originally Posted by jabz
What are others doing here?
Same config as yours ... no drop outs ... took 5 wks to figure this out. For this to work, Dolby Vision is "Forced" manually via Vertex when watching Dolby Vision 4k movies via LG OLED ... (the JVC projector is off when watching DV movies). When watching "non Dolby Vision" HDR movies, Dolby Vision is not forced via Vertex.
Video drop outs can be caused by: remedy found
1. Bad cables: HDfury 18Ghz 6 ft, Tributaries 18GHz 6ft, RUIPRO 18GHz 10M optic cable.
2. Device settings: see below for OPPO and Vertex setup.
3. Device power up sequence: see below.
4. Sink (display) devices are asleep and need to be awaken for proper handshaking: Sink Hot plug disconnect/reconnect and/or reset Vertex ... else, power off/on sink device.
5. Source devices are asleep and need to be awaken for proper handshaking: eject disk and re-insert disc and/or reset Vertex... else, power off/on source device.
6. AVR/Pre-Pro is asleep and is blocking handshaking btwn sink and source devices and need to be awaken: switch to another input then back ... else power off/on AVR/Pre-Pro.
7. "Forced Dolby Vision" by Vertex/OPPO: let Vertex do the manual "Force Dolby Vision" ... this works faster than having to eject the disc then forcing Dolby Vision via OPPO.
Device Settings (Use Vertex App (not OPPO) to "Force Dolby Vision" when using LG OLED in Dolby Vision mode):
Set all video settings to (4k) Auto. This automatically forces 2160p/24 444 12bit BT2020 for HDR disc movies. For Dolby Vision disc movies, this forces 1080p/60, RGB, 8 bit tunneling of Dolby Vision. See Dolby Vision Tunneling below. LPro does 24p to 60p conversion.
Automix, Mix Audio=max/max, Mix Video= nothing checked (except to "Forced DV" only when LG OLED is doing Dolby Vision and JVC is not on), no scaling.
First power up sequence
(First step is needed to erase past history of EDID/HDCP handshakes ... for subsequent power up sequences, just do steps 2 and 3):
1. Turn off all devices. Then, pull power cords from AC power source for ALL devices in video/audio handshaking path. Wait 10 seconds. Plugin all devices ... DO NOT power up devices at this point ... i.e. leave all devices Standby mode. Wait 2 minutes for all handshaking to finish ... yes, devices talk to each other in standby mode.
2. Then power up Vertex and Audio Processor.
3. Then power up all other devices.
Dolby Vision Tunneling:
Dolby Vision HDR RGB Tunneling (copied from another source ... don't remember who):
The method Dolby Vision HDR (DV) uses to transport the signal over HDMI is referred to as “RGB Tunneling”. The 12-bit ICtCp or ITP colorspace DV signal + Metadata is encapsulated inside the regular RGB 8-bit video signal. The DV “tunneling” carries 12-bit YCbCr 4:2:2 data in an RGB 4:4:4 8-bit transport. This is possible because both signal formats have the same 8.9 Gbps data rate requirements.
OPPO Main V/A(Out1) ---> Vertex(IN 0)
Vertex(Out 0) --->> LumagenPro(In 1)
Vertex(Out 1) ---> RMC-1(In 1)
Lumagen(Out 2 18 Gbps) --->---> JVC600 (In 1)
RMC-1 (Out 1 18 Gbps) ---> LG C8 OLED
RMC-1 (Out 2 18GHz) --->---> JVC 600 (In 2) ... used to compare LPro vs. Custom Curves on JVC
---> = HDfury 18GHz 6ft Cable
--->> = Tributaries 18GHz 6ft Cable
--->---> = RUIPRO 10M 18GHz Fiber Cable