New Lumagen Radiance Pro Series - Page 200 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4298Likes

post #5971 of 6077 Old 11-11-2019, 06:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1562 Post(s)
Liked: 1213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Deering View Post
Interesting graph. I'm surprised that the upper end of the 1886 curve is so far away from 2.4. Chad's almost looks like a rolling 2.35 curve, but the 1886 is a head scratcher. Was your overall contrast just really low so it moved the white point that far down?
That was just a convenient image of curves I had collected from other AVS threads such as this... Gamma Curve example

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 6077 Old 11-12-2019, 01:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I have been ripping a lot of my DVD (480p) content to my PC for streaming in the house with Plex or Emby (currently testing both). Today I tried for the first time to stream some 480p content to my Roku and received an out of range error on the JVC. Whether I tried Plex or Emby I got the same error when streaming 480p content. I tried adjusting the various output resolutions in the Lumagen for 480p content but continue to get out of range on the JVC RS3000, again only when streaming 480p content. I'm not sure if this is the place I should start searching for help, but hopefully one of you might have some guidance on what I should try next.

My setup is Roku -> Marantz SR6011 -> Lumagen Radiance Pro -> JVC RS3000

Theater Equipment list:
JVC RS3000, Panamorph Paladin DCR, 138", Lumagen Pro, Stewart 138" 2:35:1 Screen, Oppo UDP-203, DirecTV Genie, Marantz SR-6011, Emotiva XPA-5 Mains: Paradigm Prestige 85F, Center: Paradigm Prestige 55C, Sides: Paradigm Prestige 15B, Rears: Paradigm Atom V6 Atmos: Paradigm P65-R Sub: Rhythmik FV18, GIK Acoustic Room Treatments
post #5973 of 6077 Old 11-12-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 4101 Post(s)
Liked: 7195
Finishing up some testing on a new build for the Radiance Pro. Lumagen has fixed the random flicker/brightness drop issue that was talked about before. I've checked it on every occasion that I've seen it with and no issues so far. They've also made some other improvements to the way colors are handled that have fixed some issues that I thought were related to the padding. So at least so far, I can run a more aggressive Dpad (think 1 or 2) with near zero artifacts to report. This gives a significant boost in brighter areas and highlights, even compared to the last update that most were really impressed with. So look for this one soon if no other issues are spotted!
LJG, giomania, dlinsley and 10 others like this.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5974 of 6077 Old 11-13-2019, 01:52 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Finishing up some testing on a new build for the Radiance Pro. Lumagen has fixed the random flicker/brightness drop issue that was talked about before. I've checked it on every occasion that I've seen it with and no issues so far. They've also made some other improvements to the way colors are handled that have fixed some issues that I thought were related to the padding. So at least so far, I can run a more aggressive Dpad (think 1 or 2) with near zero artifacts to report. This gives a significant boost in brighter areas and highlights, even compared to the last update that most were really impressed with. So look for this one soon if no other issues are spotted!
Hello all,

unfortunately I've seen brightness drop couple of times in Jurassic World and The Meg, firmware updated last Friday.

The drops were in just couple of occasions, so not a massive problem, but it was noticeable.

anybody else out there who has watched those movies who can confirm the issue or not ?

thanks,

Benedetto
post #5975 of 6077 Old 11-13-2019, 05:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 5121 Post(s)
Liked: 3978
What I continue to find amazing about the Lumagen product and company is how they CONTINUALLY are working to improve it's performance. It simply never stops. There are very few audio companies who can say that. I remember either reading on these forums or hearing from a Lumagen owner that the "Lumagen was the Trinnov of video". Having now owned both for a while, I really do get the comparison.

Hats off to Lumagen, and Jim and his team!!
post #5976 of 6077 Old 11-13-2019, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 131
Quote:
Originally Posted by mandragora View Post
Hello all,

unfortunately I've seen brightness drop couple of times in Jurassic World and The Meg, firmware updated last Friday.

The drops were in just couple of occasions, so not a massive problem, but it was noticeable.

anybody else out there who has watched those movies who can confirm the issue or not ?

thanks,

Benedetto

Hello,

The firmware Kris Deering is referring to is not the last update (Beta 100619) available on Lumagen site but it is most likely the next one coming soon.

I confirm that Beta 100619 generates brightness drops on several HDR titles.
mandragora likes this.
post #5977 of 6077 Old 11-13-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Quoted: 4101 Post(s)
Liked: 7195
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_t View Post
Hello,

The firmware Kris Deering is referring to is not the last update (Beta 100619) available on Lumagen site but it is most likely the next one coming soon.

I confirm that Beta 100619 generates brightness drops on several HDR titles.
Correct. The firmware I was referring to HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED publicly yet. It addresses the brightness drops directly (and fixes every instance that I've tested with known scenes). It is still going through internal testing and hopefully will be released soon.

For those of you who are distracted or bothered by the brightness drops, you can turn off the adaptive function that causes this issue. Go into INPUT SETTINGS:OTHER:HDR SETTINGSYNAMIC SETTINGS and turn OFF the adaptive option.
OzHDHT, Craig Peer and mandragora like this.

My Home Theater UPDATED DEC 2017
Technical Editor/Writer Sound and Vision Magazine
Deep Dive AV - Calibration, Consulting and Education
post #5978 of 6077 Old 11-14-2019, 12:13 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Correct. The firmware I was referring to HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED publicly yet. It addresses the brightness drops directly (and fixes every instance that I've tested with known scenes). It is still going through internal testing and hopefully will be released soon.

For those of you who are distracted or bothered by the brightness drops, you can turn off the adaptive function that causes this issue. Go into INPUT SETTINGS:OTHER:HDR SETTINGSYNAMIC SETTINGS and turn OFF the adaptive option.
thanks all for the input, it make more sense now :-)

have a nice day,

Benedetto
post #5979 of 6077 Old 11-15-2019, 12:06 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Can the Lumagen convert 2.35 content to 16:9 or 2.0:1 without cropping ?
post #5980 of 6077 Old 11-15-2019, 12:55 PM
aka jfinnie

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2810 Post(s)
Liked: 1945
Quote:
Originally Posted by abinav555 View Post
There is no sensible way to do it without cropping (on any processor).

Without cropping the extra pixels off the sides of the wider aspect your only option is to stretch the image out to be taller - the Lumagen can't magically re-create the missing pixels that are outside of the top and bottom of the frame. So everyone ends up being much taller if you don't crop.

In the other direction when you go from a 16:9 image to a 2.35:1 screen there is a non-linear stretch mode which can stretch out the edge of the image more than the centre. It only just about works in that direction (I dislike it, some folk like it). In the direction you want to do there isn't really any screen area that you could apply sensibly a non-linear stretch to.

You could just make the Lumagen stretch the content vertically if you wanted to by abusing the settings, but it would look terrible and I don't know why you'd want to do it.

By far the best option if you are watching scope content on a 16:9 screen with a Lumagen is to use auto aspect and masking together (kind of assumes a projector though). An inexpensive masking system can be to have the Lumagen automatically shift wider ratios to the bottom of the screen, and then have simple black roller blind (perhaps motorised) to mask just the top inactive area of the screen.
Craig Peer likes this.
post #5981 of 6077 Old 11-15-2019, 04:59 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Green Line

recently I get a green vertical line in the middle of the screen when turning everything on.
Once I restart the Pro it's gone and stays gone when playing 1080p24, 3D or 4K.

But when playing 1080p50 today it's constant there and very annoying.
There is another line on the left side, almost out of the screen.

When disabling 1080p50 in Kodi, forcing it to 24 (with less annoying stutter), there isn't one.

Anyone noticed that?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	greenline.png
Views:	98
Size:	351.5 KB
ID:	2641610  
post #5982 of 6077 Old 11-15-2019, 05:07 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 31
I assume you have a SONY5000. You have to deselect reduce bandwidth in Radiance.
post #5983 of 6077 Old 11-15-2019, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefanop View Post
I assume you have a SONY5000. You have to deselect reduce bandwidth in Radiance.
I do. I check it out.

thanks!
post #5984 of 6077 Old 11-16-2019, 03:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobof View Post
Quote:
There is no sensible way to do it without cropping (on any processor).

Without cropping the extra pixels off the sides of the wider aspect your only option is to stretch the image out to be taller - the Lumagen can't magically re-create the missing pixels that are outside of the top and bottom of the frame. So everyone ends up being much taller if you don't crop.

In the other direction when you go from a 16:9 image to a 2.35:1 screen there is a non-linear stretch mode which can stretch out the edge of the image more than the centre. It only just about works in that direction (I dislike it, some folk like it). In the direction you want to do there isn't really any screen area that you could apply sensibly a non-linear stretch to.

You could just make the Lumagen stretch the content vertically if you wanted to by abusing the settings, but it would look terrible and I don't know why you'd want to do it.

By far the best option if you are watching scope content on a 16:9 screen with a Lumagen is to use auto aspect and masking together (kind of assumes a projector though). An inexpensive masking system can be to have the Lumagen automatically shift wider ratios to the bottom of the screen, and then have simple black roller blind (perhaps motorised) to mask just the top inactive area of the screen.
Thanks bobof for the detailed explanation. I now understand that even though it is an option, it probably is a terrible one. On that note, can I use custom aspect ratios(with cropping ofcourse) ? I find that while using Kodi to stream my files, I have the option ot zoom the image to create my own ratio. Hence I tend to lean more towards a 2.0:1 ratio. This crops the inage but does not lose any detail as such. But this zoom mode is not possible while watching movies on Netflix.
post #5985 of 6077 Old 11-16-2019, 06:47 AM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Thanks bobof for the detailed explanation. I now understand that even though it is an option, it probably is a terrible one. On that note, can I use custom aspect ratios(with cropping ofcourse) ? I find that while using Kodi to stream my files, I have the option ot zoom the image to create my own ratio. Hence I tend to lean more towards a 2.0:1 ratio. This crops the inage but does not lose any detail as such. But this zoom mode is not possible while watching movies on Netflix.
Ok, so if you are happy to have a little cropping there is lots you can do as the Lumagen's ratios are very configurable.
At the simplest level the Lumagen up / down buttons on the remote default to "zoom" - but this isn't like your usual simple TV zoom function. Zoom has configurable step size and several steps and so allows you to zoom eg: 2.35 content to something more like 2.0 with just a couple of button presses.

Outside of that you could make auto aspect detect the formats like 2.35 and 2.0 and then edit those aspect ratios so that they are always auto zoomed a bit to your preference. (I'm pretty sure that is configurable per input aspect if you press the right buttons - I haven't done it like this as I have a masking screen. If I remember next time I'm in the room I'll give it a go and report back - though someone else may just know the answer off the top of their head)

These options make much more sense than trying to stretch the image vertically to fill the screen.
abinav555 likes this.
post #5986 of 6077 Old 11-16-2019, 01:30 PM
aka jfinnie

How are folk getting on with balancing dPad and low ratio?

I was just watching Hacksaw Ridge 1h38:00 there is a bright explosion. This looked very detail-light with my current settings, with large blocks of the explosion blown out to white (real nits around 75, DML 450, dPad 4, low ratio 28 for effective DML 147). I think these settings are more or less in line with the current recommendations.

I can bring back the detail in the highlights by either increasing dPad to 8 or dropping the low Ratio significantly. I guess ideally it would be nice for something to recover that lost detail for me automagically...

Anyone else watched that scene recently? What do you think should happen in that explosion?

Note I have the adaptive feature turned off due to the jumps it introduces; not sure if this is the sort of scene it should fix.
post #5987 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 08:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 108
Watched the 3D BD of Alita on my JVC projector and via Lumagen the right edge looks striped (last 50 pixels or so per line are the same). Without Lumagen it's fine. I'm on the latest firmware. Anyone else seeing this with 3D titles?
post #5988 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 09:23 AM

Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Liked: 73
Hi,

I am having a minor issue and would like to put it out there to see if it is my configuration or something I can address with MyHarmony remote startup sequences or something else.

I have three activities on my MyHarmony:

1. "Watch HD Movie" for 1080p BluRay. I set this up on Input 1, Memory B, Video Limit 1080p to send the player EDID for 1080p so that the Lumagen does the upscaling to 4k. When I start the activity, the Harmony workflow selects input 1 and MemB. This works. When I turn this activity off, I first select MemA then set the Lumagen to standby (just in case; don't want startup of other activities to see MemB set).

2. "Watch UHD Movie" for 4k UHD. Set up on Input 1, Memory A, all defaults. When I start the activity, the Harmony workflow selects input 1 and MemA.This works.

3. "Watch Roku" on Input 3. When I start the activity, the Harmony workflow selects input 3 and MemA. This works generally.

I haven't done lots of work to repro this but in a few instances, when sitting down to watch Roku I hit the OK button and find that the Roku has picked up the 1080p EDID and is sending 1080p to the Lumagen. I'm pretty sure this is happening after watching a UHD Movie so oddly enough doesn't seem to have anything to do with watching 1080p and forcing that EDID. The Roku is set up to auto-detect so all I do is go into the settings menu to auto detect again and it picks up 4k60p.

Any idea on how to troubleshoot this? It is annoying.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
JVC RS620 | 100" Stewart ST100 Screen | Panasonic UB900 | Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242
Atmos 7.3.4 | Denon 4300 | Outlaw M2200 for HTD Level 3 L/C/R & in-wall surrounds & atmos
3 x PE UM15-22 sealed subwoofers | Crown XLS 2502 | miniDSP HD
post #5989 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 09:52 AM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgkula View Post
Hi,

I am having a minor issue and would like to put it out there to see if it is my configuration or something I can address with MyHarmony remote startup sequences or something else.

I have three activities on my MyHarmony:

1. "Watch HD Movie" for 1080p BluRay. I set this up on Input 1, Memory B, Video Limit 1080p to send the player EDID for 1080p so that the Lumagen does the upscaling to 4k. When I start the activity, the Harmony workflow selects input 1 and MemB. This works. When I turn this activity off, I first select MemA then set the Lumagen to standby (just in case; don't want startup of other activities to see MemB set).

2. "Watch UHD Movie" for 4k UHD. Set up on Input 1, Memory A, all defaults. When I start the activity, the Harmony workflow selects input 1 and MemA.This works.

3. "Watch Roku" on Input 3. When I start the activity, the Harmony workflow selects input 3 and MemA. This works generally.

I haven't done lots of work to repro this but in a few instances, when sitting down to watch Roku I hit the OK button and find that the Roku has picked up the 1080p EDID and is sending 1080p to the Lumagen. I'm pretty sure this is happening after watching a UHD Movie so oddly enough doesn't seem to have anything to do with watching 1080p and forcing that EDID. The Roku is set up to auto-detect so all I do is go into the settings menu to auto detect again and it picks up 4k60p.

For belts and braces I'd go for doing something to the Roku to make it reboot / reset if possible on the switch. I reboot my AppleTV every time I switch to it because on occasion it would do unhelpful things.

It looks like the Roku has the right 4K EDID already at that point on the screen - I guess you haven't done anything to make it pick it up on that screen? Sounds like a bug in the Roku (or feature perhaps) that once it sees the 1080p EDID once and goes down to 1080p it doesn't automatically change back up to 4K until you select it manually. SO it would seem on some occasions it is being shown the 1080p EDID.

Have you saved the config when in Mem A? If not after some types of power up it will go to whatever mem you were in when you did your save.

I think to have the 1080p limit you could try using a virtual input instead for input 1 vs input 1 with 1080p (so you'd set one of the other HDMI input numbers to also point at physical input 1). That would avoid having to do the frig with the memory to get to 1080p, making your Harmony activity switching much simpler. Simpler is always better.

Hope you find some things of use to try in the above.
post #5990 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

I think it's a bug with the 9.2 software update. I have the same issue with the Ultra. It has happened enough, that I have set the Roku in 4k60 mode instead of auto.

I will try what you suggest to force the roku to auto detect again.

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
post #5991 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 12:51 PM

Quote:
For belts and braces I'd go for doing something to the Roku to make it reboot / reset if possible on the switch. I reboot my AppleTV every time I switch to it because on occasion it would do unhelpful things.
Will try this.

Quote:
It looks like the Roku has the right 4K EDID already at that point on the screen - I guess you haven't done anything to make it pick it up on that screen? Sounds like a bug in the Roku (or feature perhaps) that once it sees the 1080p EDID once and goes down to 1080p it doesn't automatically change back up to 4K until you select it manually. SO it would seem on some occasions it is being shown the 1080p EDID.
Correct - this is after turning everything on, hitting Ok and discovering that the Roku is sending 1080p, moving to the display settings screen on the Roku to discover that it has correctly identified the device settings in auto mode as 4k60p but for some reason sending 1080p

Quote:
Have you saved the config when in Mem A? If not after some types of power up it will go to whatever mem you were in when you did your save.
I'm pretty sure that at least one of the several saves I have done has been in MemA as that is my default mem. I only go to MemB for the 1080p blu ray case to force the EDID so the Panny UB900 sends 1080p. I switch to MemB in that startup sequence so when the Panny detects Lumagen mode via EDID on startup it sees 1080p.

Quote:
I think to have the 1080p limit you could try using a virtual input instead for input 1 vs input 1 with 1080p (so you'd set one of the other HDMI input numbers to also point at physical input 1). That would avoid having to do the frig with the memory to get to 1080p, making your Harmony activity switching much simpler. Simpler is always better.
Virtual inputs is not ringing a bell - will need to go through the manual again to see how this is done. Thank you very much for the ideas!

JVC RS620 | 100" Stewart ST100 Screen | Panasonic UB900 | Lumagen Radiance Pro 4242
Atmos 7.3.4 | Denon 4300 | Outlaw M2200 for HTD Level 3 L/C/R & in-wall surrounds & atmos
post #5992 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 01:05 PM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that at least one of the several saves I have done has been in MemA as that is my default mem. I only go to MemB for the 1080p blu ray case to force the EDID so the Panny UB900 sends 1080p. I switch to MemB in that startup sequence so when the Panny detects Lumagen mode via EDID on startup it sees 1080p.
One of several doesn't help much... It has to be precisely the most recent save. This catches me out all the time as it also remembers things like the current input, which means that your power up behaviour on the Lumagen can be different after a save because you forgot to change back to your default input.

Quote:
Will try this.
Virtual inputs is not ringing a bell - will need to go through the manual again to see how this is done. Thank you very much for the ideas!
You have a 4242 like me. You will have logical inputs 1-8; by default inputs 1-4 are mapped to the expected connectors. I can't remember what the default is for inputs 5-8, but you can basically set them to be a different physical input and you then get different settings for that virtual input. I can't recall if you get different settings for everything, but certainly for quite a lot of stuff. Of course because it becomes a different input you can now make other useful things happen in the outputs screen, too.
post #5993 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 01:42 PM

Quote:
One of several doesn't help much... It has to be precisely the most recent save. This catches me out all the time as it also remembers things like the current input, which means that your power up behaviour on the Lumagen can be different after a save because you forgot to change back to your default input.
Ok thx. I just did a save on Input 3A. I also modified power on settings to always choose 3A (this is Roku 18GHz which should default to 4k60p).

Quote:
You have a 4242 like me. You will have logical inputs 1-8; by default inputs 1-4 are mapped to the expected connectors. I can't remember what the default is for inputs 5-8, but you can basically set them to be a different physical input and you then get different settings for that virtual input. I can't recall if you get different settings for everything, but certainly for quite a lot of stuff. Of course because it becomes a different input you can now make other useful things happen in the outputs screen, too.
Got it - in theory this shouldn't make a difference I think, whether I use the same input #3 with different memories A (18GHz) & B (1080p) or use input 5A mapped to input #3 with per-input MemA at 1080p.

post #5994 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 02:07 PM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Ok thx. I just did a save on Input 3A. I also modified power on settings to always choose 3A (this is Roku 18GHz which should default to 4k60p).

Got it - in theory this shouldn't make a difference I think, whether I use the same input #3 with different memories A (18GHz) & B (1080p) or use input 5A mapped to input #3 with per-input MemA at 1080p.
I'd be tempted not to have the power on input being the device that has issues, but that's just me.

I guess the only danger with your current set up is that you have mem B on the Roku set to something else (like your 1080p limit) and thus occasionally when you switch it misses the first switch to Mem A on exiting "watch HD movie), then does the input switch (so it would momentarily be in mem B) and then the mem A switch happens.

Anyway, I guess you've got some things to experiment with. They might amount to nothing. Good luck with it
post #5995 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
I think it's a bug with the 9.2 software update. I have the same issue with the Ultra. It has happened enough, that I have set the Roku in 4k60 mode instead of auto.
Every time I set the Roku to 40k60p it resets to auto detect when I start the system and I get a dialog box. Didn't do this before the Lumagen.

post #5996 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I am using the Nvidia Shield/Plex to watch my ripped movie files. The only issue is that there is no way to keep Plex from up-converting to 4K if it sees a 4K display. Based upon the above, it sounds like there is a way that I can use the same physical input on the Lumagen (different virtual input?) that would be set so the Lumagen will tell the Nvidia that it is 1080P. That would then allow the Lumagen to do the up-conversion.

How, exactly, would I set that up? (I had someone else do the setup and calibration of the Lumagen so I know very little about it).
post #5997 of 6077 Old 11-17-2019, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #5998 of 6077 Old 11-18-2019, 01:06 AM
aka jfinnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioguy View Post
I am using the Nvidia Shield/Plex to watch my ripped movie files. The only issue is that there is no way to keep Plex from up-converting to 4K if it sees a 4K display. Based upon the above, it sounds like there is a way that I can use the same physical input on the Lumagen (different virtual input?) that would be set so the Lumagen will tell the Nvidia that it is 1080P. That would then allow the Lumagen to do the up-conversion.

How, exactly, would I set that up? (I had someone else do the setup and calibration of the Lumagen so I know very little about it).
How >exactly< depends on many things, but basically:

Switch to another unused input (preferably one that you don't have a physical card for - on my 4242 with 4 physical inputs that is inputs 5-8)
Change Input -> Options -> HDMI setup -> Physical in to the correct input
Change Input -> Options -> HDMI setup -> Video EDID -> video limit to 1080p

Any time you switch to that input the device will see the 1080p EDID instead of 4K.
How exactly your player deals with this though depends on the player. It seems possible the player might drop to 1080p and not come back up to 4K unless you manually tell it to, depending on settings / implementation.

Bear in mind that if you had settings that had been specifically made to that original input number and not to ALL inputs then you will likely have to re-apply those settings to the new input.

If you're not comfortable with tweaking these things (and probably even if you are) make sure you have a backup of the work your pro has done in the Lumagen first. There is a utility on the Lumagen website that can download all the config to your PC for safe keeping before you start twiddling knobs
post #5999 of 6077 Old 11-18-2019, 05:28 AM

Looks like there may be a bug in rokus new firmware release related to this 1080p behavior. Thank the lumagen team fir not automatically pushing firmware updates.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-ne...l#post58832244

post #6000 of 6077 Old 11-18-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How >exactly< depends on many things, but basically:

Switch to another unused input (preferably one that you don't have a physical card for - on my 4242 with 4 physical inputs that is inputs 5-8)
Change Input -> Options -> HDMI setup -> Physical in to the correct input
Change Input -> Options -> HDMI setup -> Video EDID -> video limit to 1080p

Any time you switch to that input the device will see the 1080p EDID instead of 4K.
How exactly your player deals with this though depends on the player. It seems possible the player might drop to 1080p and not come back up to 4K unless you manually tell it to, depending on settings / implementation.

Bear in mind that if you had settings that had been specifically made to that original input number and not to ALL inputs then you will likely have to re-apply those settings to the new input.

If you're not comfortable with tweaking these things (and probably even if you are) make sure you have a backup of the work your pro has done in the Lumagen first. There is a utility on the Lumagen website that can download all the config to your PC for safe keeping before you start twiddling knobs

Excellent. Thanks. And I will most certainly back it up prior to trying this just in case I screw things up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page