From AVS Insider Email
(glad to hear about collaboration)
JVC and Lumagen Team Up For Unmatched HDR Performance
In a recent press release, JVC announced it was teaming up with video processing powerhouse, Lumagen, to bring unparalleled video performance to JVC's native 4K DLA-RS4500 laser home theater projector. Chief among the upgrades offered is a reference HDR dynamic tonemapping solution which allows for frame by frame analysis and compensation. DTM elevates the already stellar performance of the RS4500 to a new level.
To get the most from this combination of hardware, both JVC and Lumagen recommend Kris Deering
of Deep Dive AV for setup and calibration. While the RS4500 and Lumagen Radiance Pro video processor are intuitive enough for end-user setup, ensuring the absolute best performance requires a knowledgeable calibrator such as Kris to get the most from the hardware.
Kris Deering added that his "goal is to optimize the visual experience through advanced calibration and comprehensive system setup. The Deep Dive AV-JVC/Lumagen combination provides the best of both worlds: stunning picture quality and minimal operator intervention. Simply turn the system on, select an input, sit back and enjoy."
The press release went on to state the specific performance upgrades the Lumagen processor adds:
1. Dynamic Tone Mapping for 4K HDR material – Dynamically analyzes HDR images on a frame-by-frame basis and automatically adjusts the brightness and color to optimize HDR performance for each scene, and each frame.
2. Superior 4K Upscaling – Lumagen is renowned for the quality of their No-Ring
3. Advanced Calibration Capability – Allows for comprehensive 1D and 3D LUT calibration to extract the best possible performance from the JVC projector and any input source.
4. Custom sizing and aspect ratio geometry controls for optimal display of all content.
5. Auto Aspect Ratio Selection for UltraWide Screens – Properly display any aspect ratio within the UltraWide screen automatically, preserving the source’s intended aspect ratio.
6. Non-Linear Stretch – Automatically adjusts 16:9, and higher, aspect ratio sources to fill an UltraWide screen.