post #61 of 1535 Old 10-19-2017, 07:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 619 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4636 Post(s)
Liked: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundEcho View Post
Hmm, You did not look at the images I provided, there you see format, and what device is sending data =)

I tried two different HDMI cables, about 1 meter long. Plus I used these cables before I got my AVR-Key.

As for my 3.0 USB hub, it has its own power supply + my ASUS motherboard gives 5v stable to all ports. But I was using the included power supply at time I was testing yesterday. Please look at the images again you see what is what =)

The good news is, that now it's sounds like a software issue. So I'll wait for an update. If not exist already, have the creators make a debug software we can use. That will log the drops and what happens when it does.
I did have a look at your picture,
AVR Key cannot report exact audio format especially for bitstream.
It is just an indication, the reason we are asking how the source is set exactly is in order to reproduce the scenario as if we can reproduce and experience the issue, more likely we can fix it immediately.

For 600MHz support, do not use cables shorter than 6ft and longer than 12ft.
3ft is not recommended for 600MHz.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1535 Old 10-19-2017, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Wink Well...

Well, the audio shown is correct. What is strange to me due, is why the Mid setting will only give 2 ch.

You are talking about the video now? the problem is the audio. 600MHz is not needed for the audio. If you are referring to the HDMI cable that comes with PS4 Pro. It ofc supports 600MHz

If I come off as snippy or anything like that I don't mean to. I just don't know why you are giving me the basics Anyhow, now that be both know that we know the basics I have something new to share

Today, I changed settings on the PS4 Pro. Nothing related to audio directly, but. When showing 4K HDR content at 60Hz. PS4 Pro changes Color format from RGB to YUV422(420) because of bandwidth limitation The default setting for this is Auto.

When I changed from "Auto" to "YUV420" this morning I haven't had any issues that I've notice.

Also please look again at the screens from yesterday, you will notice that when AVR-Key is set to AUDIO UP: the Color: changes to YUV420 and the Audio: to 7.1 ch and when AUDIO MID: is used on the AVR-Key, the Color: changes to YUV422 and Audio: to 2.0 ch...
you follow? there might be something fishy going on here ?

so am just guessing here. that the auto setting cases issues. if you don't hear back from me, this was it

BTW, do you know why I had to pay tax and customs for my AVR-Key? I don't believe that was mention ANYWHERE when I bought it
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	91.1 KB
ID:	2301182   Click image for larger version

Name:	AUDIO UP Screenshot (1093).png
Views:	101
Size:	44.9 KB
ID:	2301186   Click image for larger version

Name:	AUDIO MID Screenshot (1091).png
Views:	87
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2301188  

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-23-2017 at 09:01 AM. Reason: 1337
post #63 of 1535 Old 10-19-2017, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Is the AVR-Key the the cheapest solution for getting HDCP2.2 content audio to an HDCP 1.4 receiver like my Onkyo TX-SR333? If that's the case I might as well just sell my TX-SR333 and replace since it wasn't much more than the AVR Key when I bought it new.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 1535 Old 10-20-2017, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well, the audio shown is correct. What is strange to me due, is why the Mid setting will only give 2 ch.

You are talking about the video now? the problem is the audio. 600MHz is not needed for the audio. If you are referring to the HDMI cable that comes with PS4 Pro. It ofc supports 600MHz

If I come off as snippy or anything like that I don't mean to. I just don't know why you are giving me the basics Anyhow, now that be both know that we know the basics I have something new to share

Today, I changed settings on the PS4 Pro. Nothing related to audio directly, but. When showing 4K HDR content at 60Hz. PS4 Pro changes Color format from RGB to YUV422(420) because of bandwidth limitation The default setting for this is Auto.

When I changed from "Auto" to "YUV420" this morning I haven't had any issues that I've notice.

Also please look again at the screens from yesterday, you will notice that when AVR-Key is set to AUDIO UP: the Color: changes to YUV420 and the Audio: to 7.1 ch and when AUDIO MID: is used on the AVR-Key, the Color: changes to YUV422 and Audio: to 2.0 ch...
you follow? there might be something fishy going on here ?

so am just guessing here. that the auto setting cases issues. if you don't hear back from me, this was it

BTW, do you know why I had to pay tax and customs for my AVR-Key? I don't believe that was mention ANYWHERE when I bought it
Hello,

Yes HDMI cable that comes with PS4Pro is ofc 600MHz, but ofc when using AVRkey you need one additional cable, so the fact that one cable is known as good doesn't mean we have certitude on the other.
And since you said you tried 1m cable and PS4Pro supplied cable is not 1m and since 1m is not recommended for 600MHz, it's my duty to tell you that
The fact that picture doesn't dropout, doesn't necessary means your cable at AVRkey output is good enough especially when you say that by lowering from 4K60 4:2:2 12b (which is 600MHz) to 4K60 4:2:0 12b (which is 450MHz) it helps on the sound issue.

This being said, the slide switch or GUI settings result is puzzling and i forwarded to our guys to check it. So that is under investigation already or will be in next hours.

Please understand the product is new and will get a few updates before being rock solid for all setup. The guys are already into serious work on the DD+.

Regarding import tax, well, it's mentioned in the T&C, that little check box you have to click before confirming order. Of course, no one reads that, but globally, it's the same from any foreign places you would buy from.
The reason is our world still have governments, borders and custom inspection that have to pay back their national debt, so they will charge you import tax when you import goods, it's the same for everyone in the world. Just more or less tax applied based on the financial situation of your country or their ongoing protectionism rules
In our T&C we also explain that DHL Express which is the most expensive and fastest service, usually have the highest import charges > this is why only people in a hurry or company use it, as company can get some tax back, like VAT.
EMS will be slower but have a bit less tax usually and Post Office will be cheaper and usually have the less tax but it's extremely slow.
Last but not least, we also explain in our T&C that buyers have option to enter special instructions for delivery when purchasing, this can be done when you input your delivery/billing address, there is field for special instructions.
So if one have any specific needs for a defined declared value, he can enter his request there. Please note that this practice is not well accepted by many custom inspections and while you can save some $ with it, sometime, custom inspection can re-evaluate and charge you even more.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-20-2017 at 08:22 AM.
post #65 of 1535 Old 10-20-2017, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for checking about the tax and customs fees. Saved me a lot of reading =)

Basically what you're saying is that the included HDMI cables that comes with the PS4 Pro is not good enough for 4k? are you kidding me right now?

The issue is rather I think, when Color format is set to Auto on the PS4 Pro that some weird **** happens between the PS4 Pro and the AVR-Key. I could however test your theory that the provided PS4 Pro cables is not good enough for a unit that is all about 4k tomorrow with a cable that is certified and expensive as hell

Maybe the above is a typO of sorts? Because you are basically saying that 1 meter is not recommended for 600MHz the shorter the cable the better, and you know this

The issue is ...

The issue is as explained yesterday
because today i've played all day with the same settings and no issues with the audio what so ever so forget about the cables
No, i'm not saying the supplied cable with PS4PRO is bad, it's actually very good, i was saying that prolly the other cable needed to insert AVRkey in your chain, might not be as good.
And No, the shorter cable is not the better, this is the new industry surprise for you and others since about 2 years, shorter than 6ft have EMI issue and longer than 12ft have integrity issue. (this is true for 600MHz only, anything under 600MHz is fine with shorter or longer cable)
Shorter cable = Better, is true for analog, not for digital anymore when they are using same HDMI connector since more than a decade and its proven unreliable for high bandwidth.
I do think there is plenty of AVSforum users that had similar issue, actually the guy who made the youtube video on AVRkey was using 3ft cable initially and he had issues until he changed for 6ft.

You can also read lumagen thread, i guess they are giving same advise than us on this subject.

Anyway, back to your issue, can you please try the below update and let us know if it helps with the issue you reported.

http://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-K...218_GUI1.4.zip

Anyone with any issue can download and try this update before reporting current issue with default firmware, the only issue not covered at the moment seems to be DD+ playback (short audiodrop every 15m or so), we should have update for it shortly.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-20-2017 at 10:51 AM.
post #66 of 1535 Old 10-20-2017, 11:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How about that,. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info!

But, I have tried two different cables for the audio (in the chain, as you say) so it's not the cables. One is a Sony High Speed high quality cable longer the 1 meter. The other is 1 meter budget. Using the Sony cable atm. So I'm using the included PS4 Pro from there to the AVR-Key. Can we stop talking about that HDMI cable now :P
I can try the update tomorrow, it's "late" now.
Yes we can stop, but if you read integral thread history we are talking hdmi cable issues since 2015 as it is 99% of the issue in 600MHz.

Yes, please try the update and let us know.
SoundEcho likes this.

post #67 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 05:04 AM

Lightbulb PS4 Pro YAV422 AVR-key audio dropouts troubleshooting

Alright ...

Let's begin once more with what cables I'm using ...

1. PS4PRO > AVR-Key : (AV in) : [PS4PRO 4k60 HDMI cable]

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
anything under 600 MHz is fine with shorter or longer cable
2. Yamaha RX-V773 > AVR-Key : (Audio out) : [HDMI 1.3 cat2 cable 1m] OR [Popcorn Hour C-200 HDMI cable 2m]

Quote:
shorter than 6ft have EMI issue and longer than 12ft have integrity issue. this is true for 600MHz only
3. Samsung KS8005 > AVR-Key : (Video out) : [Sony High Speed HDMI cable] (https://www.sony.com/electronics/hom...etails_default)

To Summarise ...

On PS4PRO
With the default setting on Auto
"When displaying 4K HDR content at 60 Hz, the Color Format will be YUV422 or YUV420 instead of RGB due to HDMI 2.0 transfer speed limitations."

Note: The only way to use the Color Format YUV422 is to leave the setting on Auto

The problem is ...

When I use Auto (YUV422) I experience "random" audio dropouts at 0.10 sec or so.
If I set the Color Format to YUV420 instead there is NO dropouts.
This got me thinking about what you said yesterday, about the cables and 600 MHz. So let's talk about that some more

Quote:
No, i'm not saying the supplied cable with PS4PRO is bad, it's actually very good, i was saying that prolly the other cable needed to insert AVR-Key in your chain, might not be as good.
Why would I need a top of the line HDMI cable for simple HD audio? OR are you saying (in this case) that my #3 cable can't chandle YUV422? Or do we have a bug with the AVR-Key that needs correcting?

What I've tried ...

I'm using the latest firmware http://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-K...218_GUI1.4.zip

I've tried two different HDMI cables for the Audio Output. As for the Video Output I only have the #3 cable. What I could try, is to switch the #1 with the #3 cable so see what PS4PRO tell's me on the Video Output Information Screen.

Please have a look at the included screenshots. Perhaps they can clear up any confusion
1. Video Output Settings - Information - Color Format YAV420(HDR)
2. Video Output Settings - Information - Color Format YAV420
3. Video Output Settings - Information - Color Format YAV422(HDR)
4. Video Output Settings - Resolution - 2160p YAV420 (AVR-Key AUDIO UP)
5. Video Output Settings - Resolution

Note: When using VIDEO UP: On the AVR-Key an otherwise hidden setting show up on the PS4PRO "TV Size" as shown in SS #4
After I've manually set to the Color Format to YUV420 I have NO issues with audio dropouts
Another thing, If AVR-Key = AUDIO MID: I only get Audio: to 2.0 ch ...

Next step ...

is to switch HDMI cable #1 with #3 and see what PS4PRO tells me under the Video Output Information Screen.

Finally, I see only 3 possible cases here.
1. There is a bug with AVR-Key and YUV422
2. There is a bug with the PS4PRO and YUV422
3. There is a problem with cable #1 or cable #3

Yes?

Update 1:

All my HDMI cables have the same markings, 80c 30v VW-1 HDMI 1.3 says one and High Speed witch is kinda the same yeah? So from what I gather. All my cables are the same as the #1 [PS4PRO 4k60 HDMI cable] so that leave out cables, yes?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Video Output Settings - Information - Color Format YAV420(HDR).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	2302034   Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Output Settings - Information - Color Format YAV420.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	2302036   Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Output Settings - Information - Color Format YAV422(HDR).jpg
Views:	31
Size:	88.0 KB
ID:	2302038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Output Settings - Resolution - 2160p YAV420 (AVR-Key AUDIO UP).jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	2302040   Click image for larger version

Name:	Video Output Settings - Resolution.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	2302042  

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-23-2017 at 09:07 AM. Reason: more info
post #68 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 06:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
How about that,. You learn something new everyday. Thanks for the info!

I'm already using that firmware

Here are the cables I'm using atm ...

1. PS4 Pro > AVR-Key : (AV in) : [PS4 Pro 4k60 HDMI cable]

2. Yamaha RX-V773 > AVR-Key : (Audio out) : [HDMI 1.3 cat2 cable 1m] OR [Popcorn Hour C-200 HDMI cable 2m]

3. Samsung KS8005 > AVR-Key : (Video out) : [Sony High Speed HDMI cable] (https://www.sony.com/electronics/hom...etails_default)

To Summarise

When showing 4K HDR content at 60Hz. PS4 Pro changes color format from RGB to YUV422 or YUV420 because of bandwidth limitation (Auto is default).

After I've changed to YUV420 I haven't had any issues with audio dropouts

If you look at the screens I've provided you will notice the following
On the PS4 Pro. If color format is set to Auto the color format changes depending on settings used on the AVR-Key.

PS: I'm using latest firmware (http://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-K...218_GUI1.4.zip)

for example ...
1. AVR-Key = AUDIO UP: the Color: changes to YUV420 and Audio: to 7.1 ch
2. AVR-Key = AUDIO MID: the Color: changes to YUV422 and Audio: to 2.0 ch

So, when color format is set to its default Auto on the PS4 Pro "something" happens that cases audio problems with AVR-Key.
Why this is, I have no idea. But tomorrow (17/10/21), I will try using YUV422 instead of YUV420 and see what happens then.
The GUI screenshots attached to this post, still show the original firmware version, are those screenshots you made earlier or FPGA update was not yet applied ?

Just tested here using PS4Pro > 6ft > AVRkey > 6ft > TV
PS4PRO FW 5.0
AVR-Key FW 1.416.218

Launched game Infamous First Light and PS4 started to output 422 extended/HDR, then we can move video slide switch either toward output or mid and it always stays in that same mode. Audio also remains 7.1 except with Audio slide toward input, then it's Stereo 2Ch as per fixed EDID.

post #69 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hmm what? I have the same firmware as you supplied? Let me double check

Aha, you guys have not changed the names on the zip files, just the firmware files. I'll update now.
If FPGA update is done, GUI must report FW version as per attached pic.

PS: What do you mean by we have not changed names on ZIP files ?

Original FW is: https://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-...218_GUI1.1.zip
Latest one is: https://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-...218_GUI1.4.zip
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20102017_122601_0.png
Views:	42
Size:	3.8 KB
ID:	2302112  

post #70 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 06:47 AM

Talking

Quote:
If FPGA update is done, GUI must report FW version as per attached pic.

PS: What do you mean by we have not changed names on ZIP files ?

Original FW is: https://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-...218_GUI1.1.zip
Latest one is: https://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-...218_GUI1.4.zip
Hmm, yeah. I must have been totally blind last night
Updated now anyways, lets see what happens.

HOWEVER, am not the only one lost
For a unit such as AVR-Key, that's all about 4k. One would expect that GUI would support proper scaling hahaha. I have to use "Compatible/System" look at the screen
(Running Win 10 x64 at 4k)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (1100).png
Views:	71
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	2302116   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1099).png
Views:	74
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	2302118   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (1101).png
Views:	53
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	2302120  

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-21-2017 at 06:55 AM.
post #71 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hmm, yeah. I must have been totally blind last night
Updated now anyways, lets see what happens.

HOWEVER, am not the only one lost
For a unit such as AVR-Key, that's all about 4k. One would expect that GUI would support proper scaling hahaha. I have to use "Compatible/System" look at the screen
(Running Win 10 x64 at 4k)
High DPI GUI 200% like we have for Integral/Linker will soon be available (actually once the DD+ fix comes out)

Back to your issue, is it solved now ?
SoundEcho likes this.

post #72 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 06:57 AM

Quote:
High DPI GUI 200% like we have for Integral/Linker will soon be available (actually once the DD+ fix comes out)

Back to your issue, is it solved now ?
How could I tell you? haven't had time to test it yet. I will return

What I can tell you due, is that the AUDIO MID: setting no longer only gives 2 ch.
I will report back later today if the audio dropouts is fixed or not.

UPDATE:
No, the issue is not fixed Going to try VIDEO UP and AUDIO UP now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot (1102).png
Views:	39
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	2302122  

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-23-2017 at 09:10 AM.
post #73 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 07:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, the issue is not fixed Going to try VIDEO UP and AUDIO UP now.
Which issue are you talking about ?

On previous screenshot with 1.214.218 and MID position, you had 2ch
On this latest screenshot with 1.416.218 and MID position, you have 7ch

So that issue is fixed right ?

PS: ok i have read the updated previous reply, so you are still experiencing short dropout in 422 and not 420 ? that's the remaining issue ? if yes, can you try make a short video showing it ? is the AVR panel showing something when you have the dropout ?

Last edited by HDfury; 10-21-2017 at 07:16 AM.
post #74 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Which issue are you talking about ?

On previous screenshot with 1.214.218 and MID position, you had 2ch
On this latest screenshot with 1.416.218 and MID position, you have 7ch

So that issue is fixed right ?
AUDIO MID: position now gives 7ch as it should. In other words, fixed

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-23-2017 at 09:18 AM.
post #75 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 43
How long before Monoprice and others have the AVR Key? $24 shipping is a bit ridiculous.
pearsco likes this.

The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man -- and give some back.

~ Swearengen
post #76 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Audio drops still present when using YAV420 no mather settings on AVR-Key(tested VIDEO UP/MID + AUDIO UP/MID)
going to test VIDEO UP + AUDIO MID but don't think that will do anything. Last I'm gonna test 720p60
Ok, are you sure of your results, because earlier you said 422 was giving issue but 420 was fine, so do you have reversed results now or it's a typo or both are giving you the same results now ?

post #77 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I wrote it wrong. Also, last settings did not work either. Trying 720p60 audio frame now.

If this doesn't work either, its a bug.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

So it's still 4K60 422 only giving issue ?
What do you mean by "last settings did not work" ? VIDEO UP + AUDIO MID ?

post #78 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry to say but, VIDEO/AUDIO UP/MID or using 720p60 Audio frame don't change the fact that audio drops occurs when using YUV422
Please keep me updated when a new firmware comes out that might fix this issue. I can do no more.
Ok, can you confirm the content you are trying that give you dropout at 422 so we can try to reproduce here and fix it.
SoundEcho likes this.

post #79 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Ok, can you confirm the content you are trying that give you dropout at 422 so we can try to reproduce here and fix it.
It's a game, Horizon Zero Dawn, the audio drops occurs random, can take as much a 1h in between drops...

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-23-2017 at 09:20 AM.
post #80 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 09:45 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Can you explain the "DD+ issue" in a little more detail? Does the AVRKey not pass DD+? audio drop out no matter the settup? or just in certain setups?

Has anyone tested this with a Chromecast Ultra and verified everything works as expected? including Dolby Vision passthru?
post #81 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 09:52 AM

Quote:
It's a game, Horizon Zero Dawn, the audio drops occurs either random or less often when also VIDEO UP + AUDIO MID, hard to say.
All other info are included in previous post, good luck
I can add that non of the other two bitstream modes PS4PRO offers makes any difference in regards to audio drops when using YAV422

post #82 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 10:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pearsco View Post
Can you explain the "DD+ issue" in a little more detail? Does the AVRKey not pass DD+? audio drop out no matter the settup? or just in certain setups?

Has anyone tested this with a Chromecast Ultra and verified everything works as expected? including Dolby Vision passthru?
It has been found by early users that DD+ will give random dropout, they are reporting a short audio dropout of less than 1sec, every 15m or so.
These short dropouts happen ONLY when signal is 4K60 4:2:2 12b, it doesn't happen at 1080p60 or 4K60 4:2:0 or any others

So conclusion so far: DD+ and any sound format are perfectly fine at any signal except 4K60 4:2:2 12b where you can met one of these short random dropouts eventually once every 15min for DD+. We are working on it and expect to bring an update within a week.

DV is perfectly fine with AVR-Key as long as you use default MID position for video slide switch (SINK mode)

EDIT for "SoundEcho": PS4PRO running infamous with LPCM 7.1 @ 4K60 4:2:2 12b is not giving any issue since one hour in our lab, others PS4PRO running FIFA18 and NBA 2K18 4K60 4:2:2 12b HDR LPCM 2ch, also perfectly fine. Trying Zero Horizon Dawn next.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-21-2017 at 11:31 AM.
post #83 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 11:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I can add that non of the other two bitstream modes PS4PRO offers makes any difference in regards to audio drops when using YAV422

Please send me your email/order number via PM, we want to send you another unit and also HDMI cables.
We tried DD already without issue, tried LPCM 7.1 @ 4K60 4:2:2 12b HDR no issue neither.
SoundEcho likes this.

post #84 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 01:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Not my problem . It's your unit that's broken then. Because, it's more likely than all of my HDMI cables are broken. Also, My TV (Samsung KS8005) do not support 12b, only 10 bit (if I read the specs correctly). Also this issue is occurring for at least one other member that sent me PM about it.

"NBA 2K18 4K60 4:2:2 12b HDR LPCM 2ch"<-- ? hello, how is that the same as what I use? and how are you testing anyhow?
Obvisusly you need to play the same game first of all. Then use the same settings. And play normally until you hear the sound cut out =) that is to say, if my unit is indeed broken

PM sent =)
The reason it could be very much likely your cable is that the first thing you wrote when you posted was: "So I got my AVRKey today. At first it would not work. I had to turn off the PS4 Pro. Turn it back on and Turn off the Receiver and press some buttons. Hard to say what did what due "
> that's typical experience from cable issue, anyone who insert PS4PRO > AVRKEY > 18Gbps TV, will get picture within 2 sec if he is using right cable.

It would be nice that one who have similar issue also post here so we can cross data.
Is your AVR, the yamaha RV773 you mentioned previously ? Can you confirm the FW is latest on it ? or at least the revision please.

We tried LPCM 2CH and DD because you said other sound format are affected too, they are not in our testing, just like LPCM 7.1 at 4K60 4:2:2 12b from infamous is not.
Yes your game is under testing atm, no issue so far, nearly 1H already, that's why we want to check on your cables and your unit directly.

There is also many others few things to check your side once you confirmed your AVR brand/model connected at AVR audio output.

If you are not interested in testing and get it working, please let us know now. we can send you a return label and refund your order if you prefer.
If you are willing to get it working perfectly, then we need some help with testing and feedback.

Just like you have someone who PM you for similar issue, we have customers who reported no more dropout after changing cables (from 3ft to 6ft), as you see, not so easy to conclude.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-21-2017 at 04:33 PM.
post #85 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 04:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OFC I want it to work like a smooth baby's bum. Why else would I spend so much time writing here with you homie
Other formats, well, all was bitstream, Dolby Digital and DTS with 7.1 channels. If you try only 2 channels the bandwidth is lower. ANYHOW, it can be all what you said but tell me this.

We know that the PS4PRO comes with a 4K fully working 600 MHz HDMI cable. As for my [Sony High Speed HDMI cable] (https://www.sony.com/electronics/hom...etails_default) that used for output video to tha TV KS8005 it too should handle 4k etc without problems, do you object? BUT if it did not. Why would I have audio issues when its VIDEO being sent over that cable, thats what I get hung up about

NOW, as for the audio cable, there's no reason this must handle 600 MHz correct? as am not sending, not even close, that much data. So Why are we talking about this. Even so. It's easy if you guys send me new stuff as long i don't have to pay for it. If am wrong. I can pay for the HDMI cables as that's only fair =) and send back one of the units.

I will check the details on tah Receiver and update this post. Still, like I said. The Receiver only gets the audio, so ... oh well, what you ask you will receive ;9

Yamaha RX-V773 has the latest Firmware Version 1.98
I have asked you that question because some customers don't want to spend time and would prefer refund than helping getting it working, the question was asked so we can validate shipping of another unit with cables to you. Since you answered, you will have tracking monday.

-Yes i totally agree with the PS4PRO supplied cable (i'm also using it, nothing to say about it, it's working good for 18Gbps), i'm more suspicious about the DLC-HJ18HF, we haven't see any cable like this working well for 600MHz, (the shape itself ! btw, a reliable cable is harder to insert than a non reliable one, you can use this to compare PS4pro cable vs HJ18HF), did you try that one for long enough in simple path like PS4PRO > HJ18F > TV at 600MHz ?
-Yes, audio cables (from AVR to AVR-Key AVR output) is way much important regarding quality needed, of course.
-No you won't have anything to pay, people who placed pre order from us receive the best possible service, so if they are willing to help, we will not ask anything even if we send you some cables with another unit, it's all free, the whole purpose is to isolate the issue, and if needed, being able to reproduce, in order to fix it.

Somewhere next week you will have a new unit and some cables to make new test, in the meantime, can you please have a read below and make sure you are not concerned by any of this (so make sure your AVR can decode similar audio format without issue when AVR-Key is not inserted). some of the things you will read there are pretty scary, like the guy who had dropout because he got his fridge on the same electrical circuit, or the fact that dropout issues seems a RXV673/773 common "dying" factor, one guy also mentions he got no dropout if he left it un-powered for while, leading to cap issue, etc...
I know it's not funny or pleasant to read for an owner and it's prolly not related, but while we are waiting new unit to reach you, please have a look and read and may be double check a few things if you can.

http://www.hometheatershack.com/foru...tting-out.html

Last edited by HDfury; 10-21-2017 at 05:16 PM.
post #86 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 04:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Also, My TV (Samsung KS8005) do not support 12b, only 10 bit (if I read the specs correctly).
Just for your information:
I just finished reading your display specs, if it's UHD model, HDMI 1 works up to 4K60 4:2:2 12b, if it's SUHD (should be from the model name), any HDMI inputs work up to 4K60 4:2:2 12b (with UHD color ON ofc)

post #87 of 1535 Old 10-21-2017, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 97 Post(s)
Quoted: 2437 Post(s)
Liked: 2287
Quote:
http://www.hdfury.com/tools/4K_AVR-K...218_GUI1.4.zip

Anyone with any issue can download and try this update before reporting current issue with default firmware, the only issue not covered at the moment seems to be DD+ playback (short audiodrop every 15m or so), we should have update for it shortly.
I loaded this latest firmware.

I have two players that can output 4K60 4:2:2; Chromecast Ultra and Oppo 203. The Chromecast will only output 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit in my setup. The Oppo can be configured to output either 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit or 4K60 4:2:0 12-bit.

The AVRKey had both the video and audio slides set to the top position. HDMI cables are HDFury cables and one 25 foot Blue Jeans Series-1 cable to my JVC RS500 projector.

Chromecast Ultra:

CCU > AVRKey; video -> JVC RS500, audio -> Denon x4200w

I used my iPhone Netflix App to cast Jessica Jones at 4K60 4:2:2 BT.2020 12-bit HDR with DD+. I can confirm that short audio drops occur every 15 minutes or so. No video dropouts occurred. With the previous firmware the audio dropouts occurred more often.

From iPhone YouTube App, cast various 4K60 videos at 4K60 4:2:2 Rec709 12-bit SDR with stereo audio. I did not encounter any audio drops during two hours of playback. With the previous firmware, there were a few occasional dropouts.

Oppo 203:

Oppo > AVRKey; video -> JVC RS500, audio -> Denon x4200w

With Oppo configured for 4:2:2 color space and 12-bit depth, I played the 4K60 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk UHD disc at 4K60 4:2:2 BT.2020 12-bit HDR with Atmos/TrueHD audio. I encountered an audio dropout every 15-20 minutes. No video dropouts occurred. With the previous firmware, the dropouts occurred more often.

With Oppo configured for 4:2:0 color space and 12-bit depth, the Oppo output 4K60 4:2:0 BT.2020 12-bit HDR when playing the same disc. I did not encounter any audio dropouts.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 10-21-2017 at 05:50 PM.
post #88 of 1535 Old 10-22-2017, 01:03 AM

Talking Some questions

Question 2 - Audio output cable

Quote:
-Yes, audio cables (from AVR to AVR-Key AVR output) is way much important regarding quality needed, of course.
Answer

I think what you are trying to say is that quality is NOT as important for audio, you just wrote it wrong, yes? ?

Question 3 - AVR LPCM 7.1

Quote:
so make sure your AVR can decode similar audio format without issue when AVR-Key is not inserted
Answer

I also play a lot of PC games. I always use LPCM 7.1, 24 bit, 96000 Hz (or 48000 Hz).
So yeah I'am 100% sure my AVR can decode this format.

On my PC I have a ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING graphics card
with two HDMI cables that's going out to TV and AVR. Audio is always LPCM 7.1, 24 bit, 96000 Hz (or 48000 Hz).
So it's the same principle there, the AVR never gets any video.

Last edited by SoundEcho; 10-23-2017 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Trying to make is more simple to understand (translate)
post #89 of 1535 Old 10-23-2017, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I loaded this latest firmware.

I have two players that can output 4K60 4:2:2; Chromecast Ultra and Oppo 203. The Chromecast will only output 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit in my setup. The Oppo can be configured to output either 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit or 4K60 4:2:0 12-bit.

The AVRKey had both the video and audio slides set to the top position. HDMI cables are HDFury cables and one 25 foot Blue Jeans Series-1 cable to my JVC RS500 projector.

Chromecast Ultra:

CCU > AVRKey; video -> JVC RS500, audio -> Denon x4200w

I used my iPhone Netflix App to cast Jessica Jones at 4K60 4:2:2 BT.2020 12-bit HDR with DD+. I can confirm that short audio drops occur every 15 minutes or so. No video dropouts occurred. With the previous firmware the audio dropouts occurred more often.

From iPhone YouTube App, cast various 4K60 videos at 4K60 4:2:2 Rec709 12-bit SDR with stereo audio. I did not encounter any audio drops during two hours of playback. With the previous firmware, there were a few occasional dropouts.

Oppo 203:

Oppo > AVRKey; video -> JVC RS500, audio -> Denon x4200w

With Oppo configured for 4:2:2 color space and 12-bit depth, I played the 4K60 Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk UHD disc at 4K60 4:2:2 BT.2020 12-bit HDR with Atmos/TrueHD audio. I encountered an audio dropout every 15-20 minutes. No video dropouts occurred. With the previous firmware, the dropouts occurred more often.

With Oppo configured for 4:2:0 color space and 12-bit depth, the Oppo output 4K60 4:2:0 BT.2020 12-bit HDR when playing the same disc. I did not encounter any audio dropouts.
Hi Claw,

Thank you for the perfect detailed feedback as always, this is conform to our findings here as well. Work underway.

Quote:
Question 1 - Video output cable (DLC-HJ18HF)

Answer

The DLC-HJ18HF (Sony High Speed HDMI cable) this one is used for Video output from the AVR-Key like I said many, many times. And has nothing todo with audio like i've said a trillion times now

Question 2 - Audio output cable

Answer

I think what you are trying to say is that quality is NOT as important for audio, you just wrote it wrong, yes? ?

Question 3 - AVR LPCM 7.1

Answer

I also play a lot of PC games. I always use LPCM 7.1, 24 bit, 96000 Hz (or 48000 Hz).
So yeah I'am 100% sure my AVR can decode this format.

On my PC I have a ROG STRIX-GTX1080-A8G-GAMING graphics card
with two HDMI cables that's going out to TV and AVR. Audio is always LPCM 7.1, 24 bit, 96000 Hz (or 48000 Hz).
So it's the same principle there, the AVR never gets any video.

As for the fridge and power outlet. No No No, it's non of that because I know it works. I refer to Answer 3

I feel that you misunderstand what I write sometimes. English is not my first language and its not yours. So I'll try to write in a more standard way. That's easier for Google Translate? There's nothing wrong with asking me if you don't understand what I write, I ask you all the time
I say to myself. Why does he keep asking or talking about the same stuff over and over. And this must be the reason. You misunderstand?

So I ask this one's more, as simple as I possible can.
Why are we talking about Video when it's a Audio problem?

IF I had a bad cable from the PS4PRO > AVR-Key THEN, we could talk about Video because that cable handles both. But as I stated over and over. I use the included PS4PRO 4k60 witch is a 600 MHz. So that chain is 100% rock solid
Question 1 : At 600MHz EMI and integrity are extremely important, a short cable at AVR-Key video output CAN produce issue on the audio via EMI. Especially if they are easy/lose to insert, did you compare that with sony PS4PRO supplied cable ?
Question 2: Yes audio cable quality is NOT so important, sorry my mistake.
Question 3: Ok if you have played same audio format on same AVR without dropout, then your 773 is not yet affected by this dropouts issue affecting Yamaha 763/773

Now to answer your latest question and to help you understand why a cable issue at video output can affect sound sent via another cable, please consider the below to put things in perspective:

Usually most of us here have DSL Internet connection in rural area, or Cable connection at 30-50 or 100, 200MB/S and a few of us in cities should have fiber optic connection at 1Gb/s, the kind of connection that let you download multi Go files in a couple of seconds. right ?
Now imagine you take 18x a fiber optic 1Gb/s connection at it's full speed, you could then download hundreds of Go in a few seconds if all fiber connection are at 100% utilization right ?

Once you can picture this situation of 18x 1Gb/s internet connection running at 100% utilization, then realize that THIS IS EXACTLY what is traveling your HDMI cable at 600MHz ! And now normally you should start to understand why lose hdmi connector cannot work, why short distance is too short for such amount of data and bw (EMI) and why long distance will have integrity issue (or packet loss for internet).

For example if at 600MHz you wind your cable > it will fail.

With this being said, i reiterate that my purpose here is not to put the blame on cables, we have a new device and cables going to you, so we will wait your results on it and we have firmware work underway.
The reason i'm telling you that is because from our experience and history you can read on Integral thread, 99% of the issues at 600MHz, are always cable issue. So until we have more results from you using our cables, we have to warm you about this as most of our customers are getting trouble free experience on 600MHz once they have good cables. Yet once again, this is general, in your particular case we will know soon once you have new units and cables from us and in all cases, we have firmware incoming to fix dropouts issues so one way or the others, your issues will fly away soon.

post #90 of 1535 Old 10-23-2017, 07:20 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
New to the forums.

Just purchased the AVRKey and tested it this weekend on a LG C7, Chromecast Ultra, and Samsung k950 sound bar.

After playing around with the setup, I was able to watch Annabelle in 4k & dolby vision with atmos displaying on my soundbar via Vudu.

The problem is that when the formats change (4k to 1080 or Atmos to 5.1) my audio stops working. Do I need to set the switch on AVRkey to the correct format every time? I had very inconsistent results in doing this and wanted to see if there was an easy solution or fix to this issue.

There is also an issue with heat. I noticed my AVRKey was getting pretty hot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page