HDfury AVR-Key Help - Page 55 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 179Likes

post #1621 of 1639 Old 05-18-2020, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5447 Post(s)
Liked: 1585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singha View Post
It's not that easy for me to send GUI screenshot, as I have nowhere close anything Windows running. I have some old Windows based HTPC, which I know mainly use to upgrade FW of AVR-Key

It appears on my Sony TV. I am using AVR-Key mainly for the purpose of passing through audio to Sony MDR-HW700DS wireless headset receiver, which I rarely use - mainly for watching movie, so there is no sound system involved on a daily casual basis. However TV should still be receiving what Shield is sending through via AVR-Key. So I don't understand why without AVR-Key such error is not showing up, as AVR-Key should be transparent. You are right the TV may not support DD 5.1 being sent (I am not really sure about that), but what I am sure about is that removing AVR-Key and connecting Shield directly to TV resolve this issue.
If you cannot send GUI screenshot, then it will be hard to get any help.

If both SLIDE are in mid position and TV gets unsupported audio signal when HW700 is OFF then it means that HW700 is presenting edid even when off, in such case, you need to force sound to stereo with the audio slide.
If this happens only when HW700 is ON, then there is no issue and that is normal.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1622 of 1639 Old 05-20-2020, 05:17 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked: 44
I hate to jump in this thread but just learned about this product.

I have an older Denon x4000

and a LG OLED EF9500 (HDR)

with a HD DTV box

and Nvidia Shield.

My components are about 25 feet from the OLED.

Looks like i need the HDFury 4K Ultra AVRkey ?

From the shield goes into the input on the fury. Then I run 1 hdmi to the TV, and 1 hdmi to and hdmi input on the denon.

but for the DTV box, looks like i need to run a hdmi into the Denon, and then anohter output from the denon, to a seperate input on the OLED.

Right now i only have one longer cable running to hdmi 1 on my OLED (but looks like Ill need 2)

Is this the correct config?

In a perfect world, if i had 3 sources that were 4k, i would need 3 of these HD Fury Units? (or i heard a nice hdmi switch would work as well)

Thanks for the help!!

Last edited by FlyOnTheWall; 05-20-2020 at 06:18 PM.
post #1623 of 1639 Old 05-20-2020, 07:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyOnTheWall View Post
I hate to jump in this thread but just learned about this product.

I have an older Denon x4000

and a LG OLED EF9500 (HDR)

with a HD DTV box

and Nvidia Shield.

My components are about 25 feet from the OLED.

Looks like i need the HDFury 4K Ultra AVRkey ?

From the shield goes into the input on the fury. Then I run 1 hdmi to the TV, and 1 hdmi to and hdmi input on the denon.

but for the DTV box, looks like i need to run a hdmi into the Denon, and then anohter output from the denon, to a seperate input on the OLED.

Right now i only have one longer cable running to hdmi 1 on my OLED (but looks like Ill need 2)

Is this the correct config?

In a perfect world, if i had 3 sources that were 4k, i would need 3 of these HD Fury Units? (or i heard a nice hdmi switch would work as well)

Thanks for the help!!
Yes AVR Key can work for 1 source and yes you send full audio and full video to it and then you have full audio output to feed AVR and full video output to feed display , so you got the idea right.
If you need to support 2 sources, you can use Vertex1 or Integral2
If you need up to 4 sources, you can use Vertex2 or Diva.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1624 of 1639 Old 05-20-2020, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes AVR Key can work for 1 source and yes you send full audio and full video to it and then you have full audio output to feed AVR and full video output to feed display , so you got the idea right.
If you need to support 2 sources, you can use Vertex1 or Integral2
If you need up to 4 sources, you can use Vertex2 or Diva.

any discount to buy from you from AVS, or should I just try from your site, ebay, or amazon?
post #1625 of 1639 Old 05-21-2020, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
any discount to buy from you from AVS, or should I just try from your site, ebay, or amazon?
the only one i'm aware of that is currently working is coupon code: discount

post #1626 of 1639 Old 05-21-2020, 09:12 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
the only one i'm aware of that is currently working is coupon code: discount

wait, all of your products ship from China? Is there not a US wharehosue?
post #1627 of 1639 Old 05-21-2020, 10:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
wait, all of your products ship from China? Is there not a US wharehosue?
They ship from Taiwan and reach any place in the world in MAX 48H.

There is a list of reseller from "BUY LOCAL" section on HDfury.com and you might find some on amazon too.
Please note that most sellers won't include power supply, so verify this point if you buy from other source, also verify you got the latest hardware and make sure you have windows computer available as you will need to update the firmware, since they are probably not updating to latest firmware prior to shipment as we are doing from HDfury.com

post #1628 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey! I just purchased an AVR key and I am having a lot of issues. I have tried it with 2 different devices: a Vero 4K and Xbox One S. Trying to link any of them to my Panasonic GZ950 4K OLED TV and my Anthem MRX500 receiver.

In the audio section: I am getting randomly problems to pass through the audio. Sometimes it’s right, other times it’s just noise, other times no audio.. also with the same track and movie. I just sometimes need to try several times to make it work. Forwarding to another chapter of the movie might also trigger the problem again.

In the video section: No matter the cable or AVR Key configuration I try I cannot get Dolby Vision from Xbox One S. I know the video slide should be in the middle and it is. Both cables are passing DV when directly connected to the TV without the AVR Key, so the issue is in the AVR key.

I have updated to the latest firmware. Am I missing something? Do I have a defective unit?

Any help appreciated. Tanks!
post #1629 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuel Esperilla View Post
Hey! I just purchased an AVR key and I am having a lot of issues. I have tried it with 2 different devices: a Vero 4K and Xbox One S. Trying to link any of them to my Panasonic GZ950 4K OLED TV and my Anthem MRX500 receiver.

In the audio section: I am getting randomly problems to pass through the audio. Sometimes it’s right, other times it’s just noise, other times no audio.. also with the same track and movie. I just sometimes need to try several times to make it work. Forwarding to another chapter of the movie might also trigger the problem again.

In the video section: No matter the cable or AVR Key configuration I try I cannot get Dolby Vision from Xbox One S. I know the video slide should be in the middle and it is. Both cables are passing DV when directly connected to the TV without the AVR Key, so the issue is in the AVR key.

I have updated to the latest firmware. Am I missing something? Do I have a defective unit?

Any help appreciated. Tanks!
We first need to know where you purchased your unit from, if it's from HDfury.com or from any other place ?
Second, we need to know which model you got (if not purchased from HDfury.com) please take a picture of the unit and add it as attachment to your reply.
Then we need to know which firmware you are running (if not purchased from HDfury.com) run windows GUI and take GUI screenshot and add it as attachment to your reply.
Finally we need to know if you are powering from wall plug adapter or usb port ?

post #1630 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
We first need to know where you purchased your unit from, if it's from HDfury.com or from any other place ?
Second, we need to know which model you got (if not purchased from HDfury.com) please take a picture of the unit and add it as attachment to your reply.
Then we need to know which firmware you are running (if not purchased from HDfury.com) run windows GUI and take GUI screenshot and add it as attachment to your reply.
Finally we need to know if you are powering from wall plug adapter or usb port ?
I got mine second hand. It is an HDFury AVR Key. I enclose a picture. I have actually solved the DV issue, but still getting random audio problems, just as before. I had not updated the firmware correctly. So sorry I have been a Mac user for the last 12 years and had to install an old Win XP on Bootcamp just for this. I installed the drivers v4 and updated the MCU and 2xFPGA. I enclose a picture of GUI as well. I have tried the unit both wall plugged and plugged in the USB port of my Xbox with equal results.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6555.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	2730594   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6556.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	163.0 KB
ID:	2730596  
post #1631 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I got mine second hand. It is an HDFury AVR Key. I enclose a picture. I have actually solved the DV issue, but still getting random audio problems, just as before. I had not updated the firmware correctly. So sorry I have been a Mac user for the last 12 years and had to install an old Win XP on Bootcamp just for this. I installed the drivers v4 and updated the MCU and 2xFPGA. I enclose a picture of GUI as well. I have tried the unit both wall plugged and plugged in the USB port of my Xbox with equal results.
Can you take a picture of the unit from the side and backside please.

You have both slides in mid position when you are trying ?
is AVR output connected to TV ?

Last edited by HDfury; 05-22-2020 at 10:40 AM.
post #1632 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Can you take a picture of the unit from the side and backside please.

You have both slides in mid position when you are trying ?
There you go. Yes, I have both slides in the middle. I have also tried with audio slide in top position. Also changing from 720p to 1080p output for receiver. And also both follow and 1.4 options. The HTPC option on GUI I haven’t changed, since I do not know what it does? Always same results: Randomly I get either right audio or noise or no audio. Sometimes if I get noise, just forwarding back again to the beginning of the chapter fixes the problem.. Cannot get to understand it..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1022.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	2730610   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6558.jpg
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	2730612   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6557.jpg
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	2730614   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1020.jpg
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	2730616   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1021.jpg
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	2730618  

post #1633 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 10:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There you go. Yes, I have both slides in the middle. I have also tried with audio slide in top position. Also changing from 720p to 1080p output for receiver. And also both follow and 1.4 options. The HTPC option on GUI I haven’t changed, since I do not know what it does? Always same results: Randomly I get either right audio or noise or no audio. Sometimes if I get noise, just forwarding back again to the beginning of the chapter fixes the problem.. Cannot get to understand it..
Ok thanx for the pic, as i thought...

I think the seller played a trick on you, this is first revision that was replaced, since we replaced it in advance, some buyer just keep the old one and offered it as second hand which i believe is what happened to you here.

HTPC cannot work for HDCP content, so don't use it. if you have both slides in mid position and restarted your source and AVR output is not going to TV, then you have tried everything you could/should.
You should send this unit back to the seller and send us an email and we will arrange brand new unit with latest hardware, latest software and it will work perfectly for you, we will also keep the same price as you bought this one for, to cover your trouble.

post #1634 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 11:05 AM

Damn that seller. I will do what you say, hope that guy will come Inge reason. And thanks a lot for your reply and your kind offer! You just need to know that I am actually based in Copenhagen (Denmark)
post #1635 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 12:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Damn that seller. I will do what you say, hope that guy will come Inge reason. And thanks a lot for your reply and your kind offer! You just need to know that I am actually based in Copenhagen (Denmark)
yes it's ok, we can even arrange shipping from europe so no import tax or anything of this kind at arrival.

post #1636 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
yes it's ok, we can even arrange shipping from europe so no import tax or anything of this kind at arrival.
Apparently that device came across several hands before mine. He is not the first owner either and won’t take it back. Trying to find the receipt for it, but I am afraid I was tricked and it’s too late to undo this now. But thanks for the offer anyway
post #1637 of 1639 Old 05-22-2020, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Apparently that device came across several hands before mine. He is not the first owner either and won’t take it back. Trying to find the receipt for it, but I am afraid I was tricked and it’s too late to undo this now. But thanks for the offer anyway
Check your PM.

post #1638 of 1639 Old 05-23-2020, 05:44 AM

Quote:
Check your PM.
Thanks a lot for your help. Awesome service. I got contacted by a French shop which will replace the unit at no cost. In the meantime I managed to get in contact with the first buyer and he submitted the factura. I now have the original receipt and I can see that the unit is 1 year old and still has 1 extra year of warranty. Should I then contact the local store before?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 5285741q3ts98.pdf (11.4 KB, 6 views)
post #1639 of 1639 Old 05-23-2020, 06:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks a lot for your help. Awesome service. I got contacted by a French shop which will replace the unit at no cost. In the meantime I managed to get in contact with the first buyer and he submitted the factura. I now have the original receipt and I can see that the unit is 1 year old and still has 1 extra year of warranty. Should I then contact the local store before?
See that by email, it's out of my control now.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page