Originally Posted by Thanatus
I'm about to pull the trigger on a Integral 2 which in essence is the same as the Vertex, but I want to use it as an all out scaler to hopefully do a better job of upscaling content to 4K than my TV does. Can anybody please comment on the upscaling performance of this device?
It depends what is your current display brand/model. Please provide details.
Originally Posted by RichB
Is there a way to override the HDR10 metadata only when the source is HDR10, not for DV or SDR?
I know folks were looking more complex implementations but from my testing, this is all that is needed for LG OLEDs.
Yes, there is Disable HDR option, SDR doesn't use metadata and DV have metadata on the stream, so they are not concerned, the one that is concerned by that is HLG and with latest update you can either kill any metadata or just HDR metadata or just HLG metadata.
Originally Posted by RapalloAV
My new vertex is not working per your instructions.....
I want my PC to play 4K (upscaled BDs with madvr) 24 RGB 12bit, I have JRiver to auto switch resolutions. All my cables are 4K short ones from monoprice, they work perfectly with the current 4K splitter but only at 8bit due to the monitor/AVR MX160 (in the other room) not allowing 4K 12bit.
So is this what I have to do……
One output from the Vertex goes to the JVC X9900 projector with 24 RGB 12bit, the other output from the vertex goes to my MX160 processer which is connected to a 4K monitor in the cinema foyer but it only does 8bit, do you understand???? I must be able to play LPCM 7.1 audio.
1. PC 4K RGB 12bit into the Vertex, do I use input 0 or input 1 of the vertex?
2. You say I set the edid for this input to edid 2, how do I do that?
3. Do I take vertex output 0 (2160) to the JVC projector and vertex output 1 (1080) to the MX160 which has the 8bit monitor attached?
4. The only other thing I then need to do is go into the scaling of the vertex and downscale output 1 (1080) MX160 to the monitor to RGB 300 Mhz signal 4:2:0 8 bit signal, is this correct?
Is there any other settings I have to make to do 4K RGB 12bit in the cinema JVC X9900 proj and 4K RGB 8bit on the MX160/Prepro/monitor other room?
1. Does not matter.
2. It depends how you want to set it up, you can set this up via IR, RS232, Win GUI,or Android/iOS APP (with GoBlue). if you use Windows GUI, then just pick up right edid from custom edid section in EDID TAB.
4. No, just let SCALE slide switch on AUTOSCALING position.
Please note that monoprice cable are not known for being reliable, prefer Kabledirect for affordable good quality cable.
For any issue, please respect the process:
For any support issue/question:
- Please try to export your vertexconfig.txt (GUI > FILE > EXPORT) when trying the signal through and having the issue (if possible) and attach it as a txt file in your post.
- Issue Description, ultimately with Link to Display and/or AVR usermanual in PDF format and Link to any active or fiber cable in use.
- Always make conclusion and bug report using Wall Plug Adapter to power Vertex.
- If you have a lock icon on OLED top right corner: HOLD RST and press INP 2 times, Vertex OLED will prompt for powercycle (Remove/Reconnect USB powercord > lock icon will disappear after restart)
- Always describe your video chain path with brand/model of all equipment as well as hdmi cable length and type between them (ex: SOURCE Brand/Model > 6ft copper > Vertex INP0-OUT1> 6ft copper > AVR Brand/Model > etc...)
Example of video chain description:
Source Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber
) > Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > etc...
In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in one chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > X4200 > 6ft copper > LG C7
In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in split chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > LG C7
---------------------------------> 6ft copper > X4200
PS: Another user with same AVR than you : http://hstrial-jrodriguez996.homeste...=1541991910701