HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1145Likes

post #3481 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 02:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5481 Post(s)
Liked: 5694
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJonas View Post
Have I understand it right that there is no such thing a meta data flag for HDR10. You send complete HDR10 metadata or no metadata at all (Disable HDR). For JVC projector the only difference is it change automatic from one picture mode to HDR picture mode and you can not see correct info on projects OSD on incoming signal? You have to either manually set picture mode Cutom HDR mode or if you use macro and RS232 signalling.

Is this possible:
What I'm searching for (I don't even know if its possible) I want HDR10 metadata to be send to my JVC (RS440/X590/x5900) projector but with out those bits in metadata that change from one picture mode to HDR picture mode. I want to see on the Projector OSD what type of incoming signal so I know if I'm going to choose either 1200 or 4000 nits curve.
If you disable HDR on the Vertex, you can’t send the metadata info to the JVC, because this is precisely how you stop the JVC from switching to its HDR mode. So you can’t display this info on the JVC’S OSD.

However, you can display this info (and more) on the Vertex OSD, and you can either select your custom curve manually, or let the Vertex select the curve automatically, either with its integrated JVC Macro in Auto mode, or using one you have designed yourself with a custom macro mode.

So the Vertex has only advantages and no downsides.

There is a link in the first page of this thread (and in my sig) to the JVC Macro pack and its documentation. You can use the included curves or any curve you prefer.
HDfury likes this.

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders

Last edited by Manni01; 11-26-2018 at 06:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 04:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 588 Post(s)
Quoted: 4401 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsid05 View Post
Config attached.

Setup:
HTPC (Nvidia GTX 2080 Ti) -> 6ft HDFury HDMI Cable -> Vertex -> 6ft HD Fury HDMI Cable -> Denon X4400H -> Monoprice Certified Slim HDMI Cable -> LG OLED 77" C8
Vertex w/FW 1.36.1.37
Lock icon is NOT visible on OLED screen

I understand your point about HDCP - but even when I'm on the regular Windows desktop, if I turn off the AVR or the TV, the Vertex reports no signal from the SOURCE (HTPC). No signal is then provided when I turn the AVR or TV back on. I need to either power cycle the Vertex or send a new hotplug detect event (unplug/replug cable, power cycle HTPC, etc. all work).

Thanks for your help.

Before I look into this, you must confirm the following:

If you start PC with Vertex HTPC mode ON, end up in windows desktop with your AVR and TV passing thru and displaying the signal and then turn off anything at Vertex output, do you have same results ?
I'm asking this specifically, because as I wrote early, if you just try to play some protected content when HTPC mode is on, then you might very much end up in this situation, so I'm trying to make sure that in your test, you haven't played any protected content with HTPC mode On prior to make this test conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
Can any of your devices extract the audio and send it out with no active video (carrier only)? Can any of your devices convert a DD/DTS signal to PCM?

For example, if I supply a DD5.1 signal to Input 1 can it convert it to 5.1 PCM and send via Output 1 (with no active video) and the video via Output 2?

Can it send out the same audio signal that it receives but with no active video?

None of our device can do any sound manipulation such as DD/DTS to PCM or any other. We DO NOT manipulate AUDIO, only VIDEO.

No active video doesn't exist, valid HDMI signal implies active video, in fact its a blackframe self generated video stream that is used to carry the sound. This can be done with AVR-Key with some limitation on 600MHz signal.
It will be possible to do it as well and without limitations on upcoming Maestro, Diva and others, that also have the advantage of 4 inputs.

It's not possible on Vertex or Integral2, as the signal going to AVR carry the original video downscaled to feed AVR max capabilities in terms of sound and video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasilent View Post
Thanks for info.
But when I bought Vertex nobody told me to do the trick. I had no icons on display so had no worries about it. I red manual but also didn`t find any clear instructions regarding this and even no mentions about it. Same with first post in this thread, until you start to make upgrade, but this was not my case, I don`t like upgrades.
I will post my old config later on.

If only we would have no update to do, but unfortunately nowadays with all sources and sinks having internet and getting update, things change and compatibility can be broken easily, ex: LG who changed DV string twice
Any devices that cannot be updated would immediately be garbage when facing such situation.

If memory serves, usermanual p13 (combo trick) never changed, except to report the addition of the lock icon at some time, but the combo trick had always been listed as far as i recall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
Which audio settings do I need for all audio formats? For example I’m getting Dolby Atmos from Netflix but content with just 5.1 is just get background noise and music, no voice? Some other apps on my Apple TV do this also?
If you use Custom EDID with FULL AUDIO, then it have everything possible in the world today supported in it. If your sound system doesn't support everything, just make sure the source is set to something that your sound system support.
If you don't want to make source settings adjustement, you can always use Automix with flag to retrieve exact capabilities from your sound system, so source won't see anything more or less than what your sound system can do.

And then ultimately you can do a custom edid out of the automixed one. (just by saving automix edid and loading it back in a custom slot)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #3483 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 06:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
hello, I expose my problem. I have different sources in my chain and in this sense I am forced to use also a single HdFury. The problem occurs only in this sequence: Xbox One X source, hdFury Vertex, Sony vw270es.
Xbox one X set to 4K HDR, 4.2.2 permission, 12 bit color depth. No action is required from the HDFury other than a simple passthrough. It would seem trivial but, in fact, I cannot pass the native signal 4.2.2 rec2020 12 bit that Xbox sends because the image continues to disengage. I tried different configurations "custom use" (even set the lateral slide in no scaling) but the only working is 4K60-420 8-bit 300MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound. I signal that using the same cables but bypassing the Vertex everything works perfectly, so it is the Vertex to be bottleneck. What do you think about a power supply more powerful than the original?
Thanx in advance for your contribution
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3484 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Before I look into this, you must confirm the following:
If you start PC with Vertex HTPC mode ON, end up in windows desktop with your AVR and TV passing thru and displaying the signal and then turn off anything at Vertex output, do you have same results ?
I'm asking this specifically, because as I wrote early, if you just try to play some protected content when HTPC mode is on, then you might very much end up in this situation, so I'm trying to make sure that in your test, you haven't played any protected content with HTPC mode On prior to make this test conclusion.
Yes, I confirmed it by displaying the Windows desktop on my HTPC and then turning off the AVR. The Vertex outside lights turn off and it the OLED display says "no signal". Turning on the AVR does not change anything, I need to power cycle the Vertex or unplug/replug the input.

Vertex still has the same config loaded that I shared above.
post #3485 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 09:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Molteni View Post
hello, I expose my problem. I have different sources in my chain and in this sense I am forced to use also a single HdFury. The problem occurs only in this sequence: Xbox One X source, hdFury Vertex, Sony vw270es.
Xbox one X set to 4K HDR, 4.2.2 permission, 12 bit color depth. No action is required from the HDFury other than a simple passthrough. It would seem trivial but, in fact, I cannot pass the native signal 4.2.2 rec2020 12 bit that Xbox sends because the image continues to disengage. I tried different configurations "custom use" (even set the lateral slide in no scaling) but the only working is 4K60-420 8-bit 300MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound. I signal that using the same cables but bypassing the Vertex everything works perfectly, so it is the Vertex to be bottleneck. What do you think about a power supply more powerful than the original?
Thanx in advance for your contribution

Sounds like a classical cable issue, X1X supplied is good, so use it at input and then get 6ft min or 12ft max from Kabledirect and you will be fine.
Stronger PSU, up to max 5.25V is ONLY needed if you have "non powered active cable" in your setup, read first post for more info on that.

If still problem, export your config when you are trying. as I'm answering assuming your PJ is 18Gbps capable, may be it's not.

Quote:
Yes, I confirmed it by displaying the Windows desktop on my HTPC and then turning off the AVR. The Vertex outside lights turn off and it the OLED display says "no signal". Turning on the AVR does not change anything, I need to power cycle the Vertex or unplug/replug the input.

Vertex still has the same config loaded that I shared above.
Can you try Vertex > TV direct and see if you have same issue, possible ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #3486 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Can you try Vertex > TV direct and see if you have same issue, possible ?
Yes, I tried eliminating the AVR when I was initially trying to fix it and the same thing happens when connected directly to the TV. Same issue, if I turn the TV off, the Vertex tells me it is no longer receiving an input signal.
post #3487 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 11:05 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Sounds like a classical cable issue, X1X supplied is good, so use it at input and then get 6ft min or 12ft max from Kabledirect and you will be fine.
Stronger PSU, up to max 5.25V is ONLY needed if you have "non powered active cable" in your setup, read first post for more info on that.
If still problem, export your config when you are trying. as I'm answering assuming your PJ is 18Gbps capable, may be it's not.
Ok for trying a stronger PSU, i hope in this easy solution.
Cable problem? In my post it's clearly explained , same cable to Xbox direct to the projector work fine 4.2.2 rec 2020 12 bit color depth. My pj Sony vw270es is absolutely 18Gbps capable on both hdmi, read everywhere on the net for confirmation
post #3488 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 02:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 276 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:

If only we would have no update to do, but unfortunately nowadays with all sources and sinks having internet and getting update, things change and compatibility can be broken easily, ex: LG who changed DV string twice
Any devices that cannot be updated would immediately be garbage when facing such situation.

If memory serves, usermanual p13 (combo trick) never changed, except to report the addition of the lock icon at some time, but the combo trick had always been listed as far as i recall.
I`m retrograd and hate updates because they bring problems very often. So, I do no updates until I have any problems.

User Manual 4K Vertex Rev 1.0

Combo Hold RST + Press INP

Work underway, reserved for future use.

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.42, GUI 1.34
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.9 and 2.1.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD or ZIDOO X9S (2.1.22) >6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
post #3489 of 4563 Old 11-26-2018, 03:30 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1244 Post(s)
Liked: 785
I’m Still having issues with audio.
I follow your directions on the settings for the Vertex.
Apple 4K TV, Netflix app. Atmos through Samsung K950 soundbar

I get Dolby Atmos picture 1

I can’t get 5.1fully just backround noise and music no voice picture 2

Picture 3 is phone app settings

If I change audio from source on Apple TV I get 5.1 on everything, but I lose Dolby Atmos capability on content that offers it.
Not sure what I’m doin wrong?

If you look at picture 2 MTR is blank?
I don’t know what MTR is?
Content in picture 2 is only available in 5.1 also!
Trying to figure out if its the Apple TV, sound bar or the vertex? Or maybe the app? Both Netflix and Showtime anytime do this? Other apps work with different content and 2 ch also.
Hope this helps and you understand what is goin on?
I just want it to switch automatically.
Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	84AE0160-9655-4777-8FAC-B0C3276F2A3A_1543274641555.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	2487622   Click image for larger version

Name:	552942E1-063D-4429-AA63-D237F2B5CF7E_1543274661764.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	96.0 KB
ID:	2487624   Click image for larger version

Name:	570FEC4D-89F9-4A1C-AC32-497F7CB5AD69_1543274683281.png
Views:	13
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	2487626  

Sony 55 A9F
Panasonic DP-UB820
Sony UBP-X700
Samsung HW-K950 Dolby Atmos sound bar

Last edited by bobbino421; 11-26-2018 at 03:39 PM.
post #3490 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 08:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Yes, I tried eliminating the AVR when I was initially trying to fix it and the same thing happens when connected directly to the TV. Same issue, if I turn the TV off, the Vertex tells me it is no longer receiving an input signal.

May be something with TV sending CEC command when you power it off, see if you can turn off any CEC auto sending from TV menu.
If that doesn't help, please post link to your TV usermanual in PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alessandro Molteni View Post
Ok for trying a stronger PSU, i hope in this easy solution.
Cable problem? In my post it's clearly explained , same cable to Xbox direct to the projector work fine 4.2.2 rec 2020 12 bit color depth. My pj Sony vw270es is absolutely 18Gbps capable on both hdmi, read everywhere on the net for confirmation

Your post is very far from being clearly explained, if you want to clearly explain your issue, then read first post and follow instructions.
You do not mention which frame rate you are using ,neither in your post and neither in your reply here.
you also did not mention any cable length and you are not mentioning what this other cable is...

If you have X1X, we all know that the supplied HDMI cable that comes with it, is good, so use it X1X > HERE> VERTEX
Then regarding the cable you have at output, HOW LONG IS IT ? What is brand/model ? any link ?

Once you have X1X > X1X cable > VERTEX > the other yet unknown cable > Display
You can try this: connect display to TOP OUT and change AUTOSCALING presets to 300MHz (4K60 4:2:0 8b), if that works then it means X1X cable is good for 600 MHz, output cable is NOT.
But of course all this is only guess and irrelevant until we know what type of cable you have at output and how long it is.

For anyone reading here, I'm not here to make guess if you want proper answer then make proper question following instructions from first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbino421 View Post
I’m Still having issues with audio.
I follow your directions on the settings for the Vertex.
Apple 4K TV, Netflix app. Atmos through Samsung K950 soundbar

I get Dolby Atmos picture 1

I can’t get 5.1fully just backround noise and music no voice picture 2

Picture 3 is phone app settings

If I change audio from source on Apple TV I get 5.1 on everything, but I lose Dolby Atmos capability on content that offers it.
Not sure what I’m doin wrong?

If you look at picture 2 MTR is blank?
I don’t know what MTR is?
Content in picture 2 is only available in 5.1 also!
Trying to figure out if its the Apple TV, sound bar or the vertex? Or maybe the app? Both Netflix and Showtime anytime do this? Other apps work with different content and 2 ch also.
Hope this helps and you understand what is goin on?
I just want it to switch automatically.
Thank you!

I though my recommendation was to use AUTOMIX, but you are still in CUSTOM EDID, so not sure why you are saying you followed my recommendation.
What you describe is typical when using higher sound capabilities from source than AVR(or sound bar) real supported one.

Change to automix and reboot your source.

post #3491 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 08:49 AM

Quote:
May be something with TV sending CEC command when you power it off, see if you can turn off any CEC auto sending from TV menu.
If that doesn't help, please post link to your TV usermanual in PDF.

I'm not using CEC at all. I should mention that I had an Integral being used that did not have this issue (the Integral light remained lit up even when I turned the TV or AVR off) before replacing it with a Vertex, so this is almost certainly related to the Vertex or the config of the Vertex.

Here is the TV manual (LG 77" C8 OLED), if that's helpful: http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile...1YopXSmNoMLR9w
post #3492 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 08:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'm not using CEC at all. I should mention that I had an Integral being used that did not have this issue (the Integral light remained lit up even when I turned the TV or AVR off) before replacing it with a Vertex, so this is almost certainly related to the Vertex or the config of the Vertex.

Here is the TV manual (LG 77" C8 OLED), if that's helpful: http://gscs-b2c.lge.com/downloadFile...1YopXSmNoMLR9w

Can you export your config please (usermanual p43) may be it's just not activated properly as you said you have issue turning it on from GUI.

post #3493 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Can you export your config please (usermanual p43) may be it's just not activated properly as you said you have issue turning it on from GUI.
Config was attached to the last post where I outlined my setup. Here it is again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt 181125 - 143pm cfg.txt (7.1 KB, 3 views)
post #3494 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 09:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Config was attached to the last post where I outlined my setup. Here it is again.

Ok, sorry I missed it, thanx for repost.
I'll talk to devs and get back to you.
Do you have any other GPU you can try it with ?

post #3495 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Ok, sorry I missed it, thanx for repost.
I'll talk to devs and get back to you.
Do you have any other GPU you can try it with ?
For this machine, I don't. Please let me know if there are any issues with the config.
post #3496 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
For this machine, I don't. Please let me know if there are any issues with the config.
Do you have any other PC with other GPU where you can make quick test just to see if you have same issue with other GPU, because I just tried with 1060 here and it works fine.
Also, you initially wrote you have issue turning it ON from the GUI, do you still have it ? can you try to give some conditions to repeat this issue ? like do you have a signal going thru when you tried it ? or have GoBlue inline, or anything special ?

post #3497 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 09:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

HDR replacement test firmware

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Exactly.

Perhaps something similar to what is done on the Macro's page.

DO NOTHING (default)
Disable HDR
Custom
Custom when HDR10

Or, with just a conditional checkbox.

Images attached.

- Rich

Below is download link for HDR replacement feature. Please try and let us know if its ok,
Currently it overrides Disable HDR10 and Disable HLG that was added recently. If one needs to use Disable HDR10 or Disable HLG, then just change EOTF of Custom HDR to EOTF0 (first "02" in HDR metadata by "00")
Please note that there is no free memory available in Vertex anymore, so it's a trade off always now and we have to stop adding features that takes memory (that doesn't prevent from fixing issue that doesn't require more memory usage)

https://www.hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_...8_GUI_1.34.zip

1. When HLG is input but the display does not support HLG then conversion to the current custom HDR string automatically.

2. GUI selection has two new checkboxes. When HDR10 is input Vertex can automatically replace with the custom metadata. Same thing with HLG input (regardless if display supports it or not)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	GUI 1.34.png
Views:	18
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	2488040  

post #3498 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Do you have any other PC with other GPU where you can make quick test just to see if you have same issue with other GPU, because I just tried with 1060 here and it works fine.
Also, you initially wrote you have issue turning it ON from the GUI, do you still have it ? can you try to give some conditions to repeat this issue ? like do you have a signal going thru when you tried it ? or have GoBlue inline, or anything special ?
I can test on another PC to see what happens when I connect. Given that HTPC mode is ON (or at least I think it is), if I plug it into another PC's HDMI port it should automatically think there is a display there, no? Even if no display is connected to the output of the Vertex?

I enabled HTPC mode using the GoBlue so I haven't retested, but I can recheck for you. When the issue was occurring, I had the Vertex connected to my HTPC's USB port and connected to the HTPC's HDMI output, with the output of the Vertex going to my AVR. The GoBlue was not in line. When I would try to select the HTPC mode "ON" radio button, it would switch back to "OFF" immediately.
post #3499 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
I tested it with another PC. Connected it to the HDMI port on my GPU (GTX 1080 Ti) and it is still inconsistent. When I initially plugged it in, it said "no signal". If i gave it a hotplug event (unplug/replug), it would detect the input and Windows would see it as a display. Maybe I have a setting wrong?
post #3500 of 4563 Old 11-27-2018, 08:03 PM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1967 Post(s)
Liked: 1431
Quote:
Below is download link for HDR replacement feature. Please try and let us know if its ok,
Currently it overrides Disable HDR10 and Disable HLG that was added recently. If one needs to use Disable HDR10 or Disable HLG, then just change EOTF of Custom HDR to EOTF0 (first "02" in HDR metadata by "00")
Please note that there is no free memory available in Vertex anymore, so it's a trade off always now and we have to stop adding features that takes memory (that doesn't prevent from fixing issue that doesn't require more memory usage)

https://www.hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_...8_GUI_1.34.zip

1. When HLG is input but the display does not support HLG then conversion to the current custom HDR string automatically.

2. GUI selection has two new checkboxes. When HDR10 is input Vertex can automatically replace with the custom metadata. Same thing with HLG input (regardless if display supports it or not)

I am having difficulty getting this to work with the Vertex connected as follows:

Oppo UDP-205 -> Vertex -> XMC-1 (HDMI V3) -> LG C7

There is no problem with the image but the override with both the Enable Custom HDR and Enable Custom HDR if HDR input to override.
However, when I paly an SDR BD, the override is still operating.

- Rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HDFuryIfHDR10.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	391.0 KB
ID:	2488318  

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #3501 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 03:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I tested it with another PC. Connected it to the HDMI port on my GPU (GTX 1080 Ti) and it is still inconsistent. When I initially plugged it in, it said "no signal". If i gave it a hotplug event (unplug/replug), it would detect the input and Windows would see it as a display. Maybe I have a setting wrong?

Or a wrong cable...

What happen without HTPC mode ON (so when it's off), still same issue ?

Quote:
I am having difficulty getting this to work with the Vertex connected as follows:

There is no problem with the image but the override with both the Enable Custom HDR and Enable Custom HDR if HDR input to override.

- Rich

Sorry, I'm not getting what you mean exactly if below doesn't answer you, please try to reformulate.
If you check ENABLE CUSTOM HDR, then CUSTOM HDR METADATA is ALWAYS SENT. so it's normal SDR also have it. This is the same manual force mode as before.
So for what you want to do, ONLY REPLACE HDR METADATA when there is HDR METADATA coming in (means when sources send HDR) so you just click ENABLE CUSTOM HDR if HDR 10 input, nothing else.

Also why do you have XMC-1 > LG C7 ? wouldn't it better to split output so signal going to LG remains high bandwidth ?

Please export config instead of GUI screenshot when you have problem, way more informative for us.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-28-2018 at 05:49 AM.
post #3502 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 05:51 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:

Sorry, I'm not getting what you mean, can you reformulate please.
Also why do you have XMC-1 > LG C7 ? wouldn't it better to split output so signal going to LG remains high bandwidth ? (not counting the fact that XMC-1 could eventually kill metadata)

Please export config instead of GUI screenshot, way more informative for us.[/QUOTE]

To simply the test, I configured the Vertex. I will eventually, consider alternate configurations once the HDR Fixer feature is working.

The simplified configuration is:

Oppo UDP-205 -> Vertex -> LG C7

Test 1: Displaying Oppo SDR home screen both Checked
Enable Custom HDR: Checked
Enable Custom HDR if HDR: Checked
Result: Oppo Menu is forced to HDR

Test 2: Displaying Oppo SDR home screen Only If HDR Checked
Enable Custom HDR: Not Checked
Result: Oppo Menu remains SDR

Test 3: Playing SDR BD both Checked
Result: SDR BD is forced to HDR

Test 4: Displaying Oppo SDR home screen both Checked
Result: SDR BD remains SDR

I am not sure what combination should be used. It makes sense that only "Enable Custom HDR if HDR" should be checked for conditional override.

HDR Fixer is not working here.

Also, the custom HDR settings are not saved when the UI is closed and reopened.

- Rich
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	VertexIfHDR10Only.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	289.0 KB
ID:	2488446  
Attached Files
File Type: txt VertexConfig.txt (7.1 KB, 3 views)

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #3503 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Or a wrong cable...

What happen without HTPC mode ON (so when it's off), still same issue ?
As I said earlier, I am using only HDFury HDMI cables and Monoprice certified HDMI cables. These ALL worked with an Integral previously, so it is almost certainly NOT a cable issue.

To clarify, HTPC mode 'ON' is technically what I want right? This should not pass the state of the sink to the source? I can try turning it OFF and see what happens.
post #3504 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 07:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked: 2175
Quote:
To simply the test, I configured the Vertex. I will eventually, consider alternate configurations once the HDR Fixer feature is working.

I am not sure what combination should be used. It makes sense that only "Enable Custom HDR if HDR" should be checked for conditional override.

- Rich
Those test results look correct:

- Enable Custom HDR forces HDR output.
- Enable Custom HDR overrides Custom HDR if HDR.

- Enable Custom HDR if HDR results in SDR output since an SDR signal was received, not an HDR signal.

- Same as Test1

- Same as Test2.
- Enable Custom HDR if HDR results in SDR output since an SDR signal was received, not an HDR signal.

If all you want to do is to override the content's HDR string, then use "Enable Custom HDR if HDR" only. Not both.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #3505 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

- Rich

TEST 1 AND 3 are totally useless. wrong use of the settings.
For test 4 you wrote, both checked, but the list only show one checked, so not sure what is wrong or right here.

So until you clarify test 4, only TEST 2 is a valid one, so what is the problem with the results ?

The sentence in green is correct and this is what I wrote and it is as per your test results 2.

For gui not saving, please explain what is not saved exactly, custom hdr metadata value ? box checking ? please be accurate.

PS: You have not unlocked the unit after the update... as usual I would say, may be we should put a special warning on OSD for you after update " Hey rich, please don't forget to unlock"

Quote:
As I said earlier, I am using only HDFury HDMI cables and Monoprice certified HDMI cables. These ALL worked with an Integral previously, so it is almost certainly NOT a cable issue.

To clarify, HTPC mode 'ON' is technically what I want right? This should not pass the state of the sink to the source? I can try turning it OFF and see what happens.
Yes I understand you need HTPC mode, I'm trying to understand what is the issue, so please see if turning HTPC mode off solve the issue you reported when you have to rst the unit to get a signal.
Monoprice certified or our cables, you can easily break them by twisting any ends, I would connect Integral and verify you still have same results than before.
Also please confirm length of these monoprice cable, given the back and forth, it would be nice if you can join our discord support forum to open direct discussion so we have a clear trace of everything, it's not possible for me to browse back on previous pages all the time, especially cause loading an avsform page here is very slow. That's why forum post should be accurate as much as possible in the first place (that's not a comment for you, just general for readers)

Last edited by HDfury; 11-28-2018 at 07:51 AM.
post #3506 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 08:04 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Those test results look correct:

- Same as Test1

- Same as Test2.

If all you want to do is to override the content's HDR string, then use "Enable Custom HDR if HDR" only. Not both.

Test 5: Play Just League HDR10 Only If HDR Checked
Custom Override: Maximum Luminance set to 500 nits

Results:
  • During the menu the title is 1000 nits and played as 1000 nits. The override is not applied.
  • During the film, the title is 4000 HDR is played at 4000 nits. The override is not applied.
Problem 1: The Enable Custom HDR if HDR override is not applied automatically when an HDR10 disk is played.

Problem 2: Each time I start the UI, the custom override settings from the last session are lost. For example, the Maximum Luminance is reset to 4000. This defeats the purpose of having and HDR Fixer.

- Rich

post #3507 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 789
Netflix issue that I'm trying to determine if it's Vertex related.

I have a Panny 820 player and a PS4 running through an Anthem receiver to a JVC projector. The Vertex is right before the projector in the chain.

When playing Netflix either out of the Panny or PS4, I get an occasional white screen "flash" while watching. I'm not sure what is causing that, but I think it may be the Vertex.

Anyone else experience this or solve it?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #3508 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Test 5: Play Just League HDR10 Only If HDR Checked
Custom Override: Maximum Luminance set to 500 nits

Results:
  • During the menu the title is 1000 nits and played as 1000 nits. The override is not applied.
  • During the film, the title is 4000 HDR is played at 4000 nits. The override is not applied.
Problem 1: The Enable Custom HDR if HDR override is not applied automatically when an HDR10 disk is played.

Problem 2: Each time I start the UI, the custom override settings from the last session are lost. For example, the Maximum Luminance is reset to 4000. This defeats the purpose of having and HDR Fixer.

- Rich

Did you click the Create I/F button after setting Max Lum to 500?

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #3509 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 09:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Netflix issue that I'm trying to determine if it's Vertex related.

I have a Panny 820 player and a PS4 running through an Anthem receiver to a JVC projector. The Vertex is right before the projector in the chain.

When playing Netflix either out of the Panny or PS4, I get an occasional white screen "flash" while watching. I'm not sure what is causing that, but I think it may be the Vertex.

Anyone else experience this or solve it?
I don't have this issue. UB820 > Denon X6400H AVR > Vertex > JVC RS500 projector.

The UB820 will output 4K60 4:2:2 12-bit for Netflix HDR content; 17.8Gbps. It could be your HDMI cable.

CJ
post #3510 of 4563 Old 11-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Did you click the Create I/F button after setting Max Lum to 500?
Yes, several times.

- Rich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page