HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 133 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1168Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3961 of 4697 Old 01-17-2019, 07:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 165
@HDfury ,
I need to use the Vertex with three devices: 4K TV, 1080 Plasma, and Audio Video Processor (AVP). I used the Ezcoo 4K splitter, but it didn't work. Thanks!
Philip To is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3962 of 4697 Old 01-17-2019, 07:36 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Question Testing conversion of PC (NVIDIA GPU) output to to 4K60 4:2:0 8b

Testing conversion of PC (NVIDIA GPU) output to to 4K60 4:2:0 8b

Context: I'm often assisting with optimizing user experience for installations of my company's application software running on a Windows PC with an NVIDIA Quadro GPU card, sitting in an equipment room, connected using an HDMI video signal extender typically HDBase-T (often the Crestron DM flavor) to a 4K touch-enabled large format monitor. Because touch interactivity highlights latency and because we want best visual fidelity, ideally we want to output a 4K60 RGB 8bpc video signal, typically 594Mhz pixel clock for 4K monitors with HDMI 2.0 capable input ports or 533Mhz pixel clock for DisplayPort v1.2 input ports. Occasionally, we have a chance to make an early recommendation of one of the optical fiber based video signal extender systems able to deliver raw HDMI 2.0 (18Gbps) or DisplayPort v1.2 (21.6Gbps) bandwidth, and they can work great to deliver exactly this video signal. But if the AV system integrator assumed that standard HDBase-T or older generations of Crestron DM products would be good enough, then we can have an issue. Sometimes the AV system integrator will even state, "See, this spec sheet says that this product support 4K60, so I don't know what is your problem." In the fine print, of course, one finds that 4K60 is possible either by requiring the source use YUV 4:2:0 color space subsampling or by the devices using VESA DSC compression in the HDBase-T transport. Our application's typical output has lots of strong color contrast sharp edges including lots of text widely ranging in size, so we expect YUV 4:2:0 to look bad. VESA DSC compression would probably look OK, but too much equipment out there relies on requiring the source to send YUV 4:2:0. Usually, we've been settling for changing our PC's output to 4K30 RGB 8bpc and explaining to the customer why our application feels slow to respond to their touch interaction.

Given this context, we want to be able to give customers a Day 1 choice between 4K30 RGB 8bpc (better fidelity poorer responsiveness) and 4K60 YUV 4:2:0 (better responsiveness poorer fidelity), and then they can decide if they want to upgrade their video signal extension technology in the future. But we have found it quite difficult to convince a PC NVIDIA Quadro GPU to actually output 4K60 YUV 4:2:0. So use of HDfury Vertex units seemed appealing for proof of concepts.

My test setup:

PC NVIDIA Quadro GPU card DisplayPort port > Accell DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 conversion adapter > StarTech HD2MMP 2-meter premium HDMI 18Gbps cable > (signal: 4K60 RGB 8bpc 594Mhz) Vertex_Unit_B (signal: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297Mhz) > StarTech HD2MMP cable > (signal: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297Mhz) Vertex_Unit_A (signal: 4K60 RGB 8bpc 594Mhz) > StarTech HD2MMP cable > Samsung U28E590 4K desktop monitor

Since the second Vertex in series (Vertex_Unit_A) only has a YUV 4:2:0 input video signal to work with, I expected to see on the Samsung monitor the classic artifacts that should result from the YUV 4:2:0 color space subsampling compression mechanism. However, the result looks surprisingly good, I am unable to identify any artifacts.

Thoughts?

Most relevant parts of the Vertex configuration export files:

Vertex_Unit_B:

FW: 1.36.1.43, GUI: 1.34, PCB 1
RX0: 4K60 RGB L 8b 594MHz
AUD0: L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit
TX0: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297MHz
TX1: 1080P60 RGB L 8b 148MHz
VERTEX EDID: 4K60 444 HDR BT2020
HP 22es EDID: 1080P60 8b
Source Info: No Info
AVI: 82:02:0d:d6:10:28:00:61:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
AUDIO: 84:01:0a:71:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00

Vertex_Unit_A:

FW: 1.36.1.43, GUI: 1.34, PCB 1
RX0: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297MHz
AUD0: L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit
TX0: 4K60 RGB BT2020 8b 594MHz
TX1: off or not connected
U28E590 EDID: 4K60 444
EDID not available
Source Info: No Info
AVI: 82:02:0d:56:70:e8:60:61:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
AUDIO: 84:01:0a:71:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX_B.txt (7.0 KB, 5 views)
File Type: txt VERTEX_A.txt (7.0 KB, 4 views)
pshuang is offline  
post #3963 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip To View Post
@HDfury,
I need to use the Vertex with three devices: 4K TV, 1080 Plasma, and Audio Video Processor (AVP). I used the Ezcoo 4K splitter, but it didn't work. Thanks!

Hi Philip


Vertex will work perfectly for that, please note that if you want to play 4K HDR on main 4K TV and have 1080p SDR TV working at the same time, then you need to add HDR>SDR converter such as X4 on the output going to 1080p SDR TV. otherwise colors won't be correct if you send HDR content to SDR TV.


You can read about it here: https://www.hdfury.com/hdr-sdr-ambient-light-solution/

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3964 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 09:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshuang View Post
Testing conversion of PC (NVIDIA GPU) output to to 4K60 4:2:0 8b

Context: I'm often assisting with optimizing user experience for installations of my company's application software running on a Windows PC with an NVIDIA Quadro GPU card, sitting in an equipment room, connected using an HDMI video signal extender typically HDBase-T (often the Crestron DM flavor) to a 4K touch-enabled large format monitor. Because touch interactivity highlights latency and because we want best visual fidelity, ideally we want to output a 4K60 RGB 8bpc video signal, typically 594Mhz pixel clock for 4K monitors with HDMI 2.0 capable input ports or 533Mhz pixel clock for DisplayPort v1.2 input ports. Occasionally, we have a chance to make an early recommendation of one of the optical fiber based video signal extender systems able to deliver raw HDMI 2.0 (18Gbps) or DisplayPort v1.2 (21.6Gbps) bandwidth, and they can work great to deliver exactly this video signal. But if the AV system integrator assumed that standard HDBase-T or older generations of Crestron DM products would be good enough, then we can have an issue. Sometimes the AV system integrator will even state, "See, this spec sheet says that this product support 4K60, so I don't know what is your problem." In the fine print, of course, one finds that 4K60 is possible either by requiring the source use YUV 4:2:0 color space subsampling or by the devices using VESA DSC compression in the HDBase-T transport. Our application's typical output has lots of strong color contrast sharp edges including lots of text widely ranging in size, so we expect YUV 4:2:0 to look bad. VESA DSC compression would probably look OK, but too much equipment out there relies on requiring the source to send YUV 4:2:0. Usually, we've been settling for changing our PC's output to 4K30 RGB 8bpc and explaining to the customer why our application feels slow to respond to their touch interaction.

Given this context, we want to be able to give customers a Day 1 choice between 4K30 RGB 8bpc (better fidelity poorer responsiveness) and 4K60 YUV 4:2:0 (better responsiveness poorer fidelity), and then they can decide if they want to upgrade their video signal extension technology in the future. But we have found it quite difficult to convince a PC NVIDIA Quadro GPU to actually output 4K60 YUV 4:2:0. So use of HDfury Vertex units seemed appealing for proof of concepts.

My test setup:

PC NVIDIA Quadro GPU card DisplayPort port > Accell DP 1.2 to HDMI 2.0 conversion adapter > StarTech HD2MMP 2-meter premium HDMI 18Gbps cable > (signal: 4K60 RGB 8bpc 594Mhz) Vertex_Unit_B (signal: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297Mhz) > StarTech HD2MMP cable > (signal: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297Mhz) Vertex_Unit_A (signal: 4K60 RGB 8bpc 594Mhz) > StarTech HD2MMP cable > Samsung U28E590 4K desktop monitor

Since the second Vertex in series (Vertex_Unit_A) only has a YUV 4:2:0 input video signal to work with, I expected to see on the Samsung monitor the classic artifacts that should result from the YUV 4:2:0 color space subsampling compression mechanism. However, the result looks surprisingly good, I am unable to identify any artifacts.

Thoughts?

Most relevant parts of the Vertex configuration export files:

Vertex_Unit_B:

FW: 1.36.1.43, GUI: 1.34, PCB 1
RX0: 4K60 RGB L 8b 594MHz
AUD0: L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit
TX0: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297MHz
TX1: 1080P60 RGB L 8b 148MHz
VERTEX EDID: 4K60 444 HDR BT2020
HP 22es EDID: 1080P60 8b
Source Info: No Info
AVI: 82:02:0d:d6:10:28:00:61:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
AUDIO: 84:01:0a:71:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00

Vertex_Unit_A:

FW: 1.36.1.43, GUI: 1.34, PCB 1
RX0: 4K60 420 BT2020 8b 297MHz
AUD0: L-PCM 44.1kHz --ch 16bit
TX0: 4K60 RGB BT2020 8b 594MHz
TX1: off or not connected
U28E590 EDID: 4K60 444
EDID not available
Source Info: No Info
AVI: 82:02:0d:56:70:e8:60:61:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00
AUDIO: 84:01:0a:71:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00:00

Hello,


Thanx for the detailed post ! much appreciated !


Most results depends on original content, lot of contents are "zeroed" means a 4K60 420 10b content (typical from UHD BR) even when send at 4K60 4:4:4 8b or at 4K60 422 12b it still in reality only 4K60 420 10b.
If you like Vertex results here, then you will love Maestro results which effectively takes any signal up to 18Gbps and transmit it over HDbaseT and render them perfectly as the original over up to 330ft (see Maestro thread and recent Maestro demo video posted)


When one Vertex convert to 420 and another back to 444/422/rgb or whatever it was, the quality is superb. We have many pro customers using Vertex pair in such situation, for the same reason as you found out here. (the result looks surprisingly good, I am unable to identify any artifacts.)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 01-18-2019 at 09:17 AM.
HDfury is online now  
post #3965 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 11:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Erod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: North Texas
Posts: 1,879
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1290 Post(s)
Liked: 801
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Read first post of this thread and apply the GUI FIX on your windows system.
Worked, thanks.

Does the Vertex (set to automix with no scaling and HDR disabled) affect the tone-mapped image of from my Panasonic ub820, which is set to SDR2020?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
Erod is offline  
post #3966 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 11:35 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 360
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi Philip


Vertex will work perfectly for that, please note that if you want to play 4K HDR on main 4K TV and have 1080p SDR TV working at the same time, then you need to add HDR>SDR converter such as X4 on the output going to 1080p SDR TV. otherwise colors won't be correct if you send HDR content to SDR TV.


You can read about it here: https://www.hdfury.com/hdr-sdr-ambient-light-solution/
I don't need both TV to be used at the same time. However, I need three outputs. Do you have any device that splits the 4K output (bottom), into 2 4K outputs?
Philip To is offline  
post #3967 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 03:59 PM
Member
 
Rob_in_NorCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Read first post of this thread and apply the GUI FIX on your windows system.



I would recommend to update first and unlock after update (usermanual p13) update process also described in usermanual.
Then run Win GUI > HDR/IF section > enable the checkbox called "Disable HDR" and you are done.
For JVC macro, follow manni guide.
Thanks. I am having font size issues when using Parallels on a Mac to run the GUI. Please see the attachment.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-01-18 at 2.53.56 PM.png
Views:	36
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	2512704  
Rob_in_NorCal is offline  
post #3968 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 04:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_in_NorCal View Post
Thanks. I am having font size issues when using Parallels on a Mac to run the GUI. Please see the attachment.

If you run WIN10 this way, you should be able to apply GUI FIX as well. Please let me know windows version you are running.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip To View Post
I don't need both TV to be used at the same time. However, I need three outputs. Do you have any device that splits the 4K output (bottom), into 2 4K outputs?

You can cascade 2x Vertex or 2x Integral2 or 1x Vertex and 1x Integral2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
Worked, thanks.

Does the Vertex (set to automix with no scaling and HDR disabled) affect the tone-mapped image of from my Panasonic ub820, which is set to SDR2020?
It depends on automix algo abd those results depends on connected sinks capabilities, but at least, it won't affect anything with default automix algo. so if you haven't changed it, you should be fine.
Config export is always the best to confirm your settings are ok for what you are trying to do.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3969 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 04:16 PM
Member
 
Rob_in_NorCal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay Area, California
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you run WIN10 this way, you should be able to apply GUI FIX as well. Please let me know windows version you are running.

Windows7
Rob_in_NorCal is offline  
post #3970 of 4697 Old 01-18-2019, 05:21 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Most results depends on original content, lot of contents are "zeroed" means a 4K60 420 10b content (typical from UHD BR) even when send at 4K60 4:4:4 8b or at 4K60 422 12b it still in reality only 4K60 420 10b.
That's a fair observation, and I've spent some time following various trails around the Internet regarding the apparent fact that many Blu-ray players for example output RGB or YUV 4:4:4 rather than outputting YUV 4:2:0 as per the native video compression on the Blu-ray discs. But the result looks more akin to the YUV 4:2:0 source than the RGB/4:4:4 transmission.

However, for my company's application, we are rendering all of the content from scratch into an RGB 8bpc frame buffer as opposed to rendering using any video sources that might have originally been encoded YUV 4:2:0 anyway. So I expected to see chroma artifacts when we render a diagonal edge between 100% gray (white) and 100% red, for example.
pshuang is offline  
post #3971 of 4697 Old 01-19-2019, 09:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_in_NorCal View Post
Windows7

Yes that's the problem if you only have win 7 then you should use older firmware packaging with older GUI offering 200% version which should work for you, but best is of course to virtualize Win10 on your Mac, after all, M$ announced they are dropping support for Win7 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshuang View Post
That's a fair observation, and I've spent some time following various trails around the Internet regarding the apparent fact that many Blu-ray players for example output RGB or YUV 4:4:4 rather than outputting YUV 4:2:0 as per the native video compression on the Blu-ray discs. But the result looks more akin to the YUV 4:2:0 source than the RGB/4:4:4 transmission.

However, for my company's application, we are rendering all of the content from scratch into an RGB 8bpc frame buffer as opposed to rendering using any video sources that might have originally been encoded YUV 4:2:0 anyway. So I expected to see chroma artifacts when we render a diagonal edge between 100% gray (white) and 100% red, for example.

Yes, that's barely noticeable but we are not alone, a 2017 LG TV medium and high range would give similar results if you feed them with Vertex 4:2:0 output.
It's precisely a point we announced initially at release, scaling engine of Vertex is way superior to Linker scaling engine but like any scaling engine it depends the content, the purpose and the expected results.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3972 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 12:42 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Ever since installed 1.36.1.41 i notice that the oled screen turns on sometimes when signal changes. The osd as well, but that is ok, but the oled is set to off, and it still lights up every now and then. Bug?

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #3973 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 04:56 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 40
@HDfury ,

I have a question regarding constantly supplying power to the Vertex via both USB plugs of the Y cable even though it is not needed...

Let me develop:

- the range of my GoBlue is not that great when plugged directly into the power supply behind all my electronic stuff and amongst lots of cables

- I want to make it easy for me to connect the Vertex to my computer using the Y cable and without cutting the power

So, in order to satisfy both above requirements, I want to use a USB extension cable between the power supply and the GoBlue (to make it reachable for easily unplugging the "PC" side of the Y cable connected to the back of the GoBlue) as well as also plug the "AC" side into a power supply...

Is that a viable longterm solution if I provide 1 amp to the GoBlue and 2 amps to the "AC" input of the Y cable or 2 amps to both? I have a 4 port 5V 4.5A charger with 2x1A and 2x2A ports.

Thx,

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10) ; - - - - - - - - AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)

Last edited by Walky; 01-20-2019 at 05:03 AM.
Walky is offline  
post #3974 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 06:35 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 40
@HDfury ,

Me again... after playing around a bit with the Vertex App, I have acouple of suggestions that others might also find useful:

- having a rotating / active icon on the top green band of the App while the config is being read, would clearly let us know that a communication is currently underway if we don't want to keep an eye on the screen waiting for the message indicating that the read is over

- an option to switch the OSD constantly on, then back to the original OSD settings would be useful if we want (re)check the current signal (putting it in the Settings menu of the App (where the 3 vertical dots are) would make it always available).

Regards,

W.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10) ; - - - - - - - - AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
Walky is offline  
post #3975 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
Ever since installed 1.36.1.41 i notice that the oled screen turns on sometimes when signal changes. The osd as well, but that is ok, but the oled is set to off, and it still lights up every now and then. Bug?

Please export config.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury,

I have a question regarding constantly supplying power to the Vertex via both USB plugs of the Y cable even though it is not needed...

Let me develop:

- the range of my GoBlue is not that great when plugged directly into the power supply behind all my electronic stuff and amongst lots of cables

- I want to make it easy for me to connect the Vertex to my computer using the Y cable and without cutting the power

So, in order to satisfy both above requirements, I want to use a USB extension cable between the power supply and the GoBlue (to make it reachable for easily unplugging the "PC" side of the Y cable connected to the back of the GoBlue) as well as also plug the "AC" side into a power supply...

Is that a viable longterm solution if I provide 1 amp to the GoBlue and 2 amps to the "AC" input of the Y cable or 2 amps to both? I have a 4 port 5V 4.5A charger with 2x1A and 2x2A ports.

Thx,

W.

Should work perfectly !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
@HDfury,

Me again... after playing around a bit with the Vertex App, I have acouple of suggestions that others might also find useful:

- having a rotating / active icon on the top green band of the App while the config is being read, would clearly let us know that a communication is currently underway if we don't want to keep an eye on the screen waiting for the message indicating that the read is over

- an option to switch the OSD constantly on, then back to the original OSD settings would be useful if we want (re)check the current signal (putting it in the Settings menu of the App (where the 3 vertical dots are) would make it always available).

Regards,

W.

- Normally if you try anything during a config read you should have a pop up message such as "Busy on reading" followed by the current setting being read compared to the overall total, ex: 14 out of 57
- Changing OSD fade to 0 will make OSD constantly on, changing back to any timer value, will have it operate as usual. should match your requirement unless I missed something.
Walky likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3976 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 10:41 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please export config.
This is the config i'm using, it's from a previous version.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config_03122019_1.36.1.37.txt (7.2 KB, 7 views)

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #3977 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
This is the config i'm using, it's from a previous version.

You need to export your current config otherwise it makes little sense and I cannot import it on test device here.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3978 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 209
This is what i imported after upgrading. I’ll have to get my laptop and disconnect the vertex from the set to save the current, actual config. I get back to you later.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #3979 of 4697 Old 01-20-2019, 12:58 PM
Member
 
Elmar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 53
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 13
i am confused and don't have any idea anymore what could be wrong.

I have an Oppo 203. Output 4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct

Inserting 1080p Blu-Ray:
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 1080p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 1 --> Darbee picture processor (no upscaling) --> mcable (Upscaling to 4k) --> Receiver input 1 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = Should output the 1080p picture with darbee + mcable upscaling to 4k
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 1080p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 0 --> Receiver input 2 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = Should output unprocessed 1080p

Inserting Ultra HD Blu-Ray:
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 2160p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 1 --> Darbee picture processor (no upscaling) --> mcable (Upscaling to 4k) --> Receiver input 1 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = No output at all, thats ok, since the darbee and mcable is only for my 1080p content
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 2160p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 0 --> Receiver input 2 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = Should output unprocessed 2160p, HDR

I even struggle in the first scenario. Output 1 works, output 0 i don't see any picture (the signal must pass it, it's a very simple 1080p signal). is there any simple setting that just passes through the signal the way it is sent from oppo and copies it to both output 1 and 0 simultaneously so my signal path works? i have the feeling i am lost in somewhere... Let's say everything is in middle position and latest firmware applied and i would reset the settings

many thanks
Elmar is offline  
post #3980 of 4697 Old 01-21-2019, 06:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmar View Post
i am confused and don't have any idea anymore what could be wrong.

I have an Oppo 203. Output 4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct

Inserting 1080p Blu-Ray:
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 1080p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 1 --> Darbee picture processor (no upscaling) --> mcable (Upscaling to 4k) --> Receiver input 1 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = Should output the 1080p picture with darbee + mcable upscaling to 4k
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 1080p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 0 --> Receiver input 2 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = Should output unprocessed 1080p

Inserting Ultra HD Blu-Ray:
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 2160p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 1 --> Darbee picture processor (no upscaling) --> mcable (Upscaling to 4k) --> Receiver input 1 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = No output at all, thats ok, since the darbee and mcable is only for my 1080p content
4:2:2, 10bit, Source direct --> 2160p --> Vertex Input 1 --> Output 0 --> Receiver input 2 (HDMI 2.0, HDCP 2.2, HDR capable) = Should output unprocessed 2160p, HDR

I even struggle in the first scenario. Output 1 works, output 0 i don't see any picture (the signal must pass it, it's a very simple 1080p signal). is there any simple setting that just passes through the signal the way it is sent from oppo and copies it to both output 1 and 0 simultaneously so my signal path works? i have the feeling i am lost in somewhere... Let's say everything is in middle position and latest firmware applied and i would reset the settings

many thanks

You need to export your config (usermanual p43) and you need to make sure unit is unlocked (usermanual p13)
SCALE slide must be on AUTOSCALING.


If you always only have 1 input 1 output and not 1 input 2 output, then it just means that you have press INP button for +2sec and switched in matrix mode, repress INP for +2s to switch back to splitter mode : 1 input > 2 output

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3981 of 4697 Old 01-21-2019, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
You need to export your current config otherwise it makes little sense and I cannot import it on test device here.
See attachement.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config_05122019_1.36.1.37.txt (6.9 KB, 5 views)

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
jowicrt is offline  
post #3982 of 4697 Old 01-22-2019, 03:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
This is the config i'm using, it's from a previous version.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
See attachement.

Before you said config is from previous version and new one you posted is exact same version. Please update firmware to latest, see if you have any issue, if yes, export your config with latest firmware, latest GUI. Thanx.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3983 of 4697 Old 01-22-2019, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
jowicrt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Posts: 904
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Before you said config is from previous version and new one you posted is exact same version. Please update firmware to latest, see if you have any issue, if yes, export your config with latest firmware, latest GUI. Thanx.
No, the first one is from december 3, the last one is from 21 january 2019. See INTERNAL date, the filename from the last one is wrong...

old:
Code:
################################################################
# HDFURY VERTEX CONFIGURATION FILE
# [3.12.2018 15:57:07]
################################################################
latest one:
Code:
################################################################
# HDFURY VERTEX CONFIGURATION FILE
# [21.1.2019 19:00:16]
################################################################
But i think the problem lies in the fact that i added the Vertex to my Harmony remote's TV activity. That means every time i switch to an activity (tv, dune, projecting etc) all devices that take part in that activity are turned on; even if they are already on. The vertex reacts to this 'on' RC5 command by activating the OLED display...

Now, there is no actual reason to add the vertex to a Harmony activity, so i removed it (i can still access it from the remote as a device), but i would say there is also no reason to turn on the OLED display if the Vertex receives a ON command, while it is already on

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex

Last edited by jowicrt; 01-22-2019 at 08:47 AM.
jowicrt is offline  
post #3984 of 4697 Old 01-22-2019, 07:33 PM
Member
 
nologic2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
What kind of range are people getting with the goblue? I can only get about a foot away from mine before I loose the connection. I have the original integral and I get much further away from it before losing the connection. I have tried using a different power supply, which helped slightly, but I'm still only about a foot away before it disconnects. I'm not using any active cables with the vertex and all of my hdmi cables are less then 6ft. So, I don't think there's an excessive power draw from the vertex.
nologic2001 is offline  
post #3985 of 4697 Old 01-22-2019, 10:54 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by nologic2001 View Post
What kind of range are people getting with the goblue? I can only get about a foot away from mine before I loose the connection. I have the original integral and I get much further away from it before losing the connection. I have tried using a different power supply, which helped slightly, but I'm still only about a foot away before it disconnects. I'm not using any active cables with the vertex and all of my hdmi cables are less then 6ft. So, I don't think there's an excessive power draw from the vertex.
Well, that's what I mentioned some posts earlier when I plugged one of my GoBlues into the Vertex... I was wondering if it was due to the fact that the GoBlue was plugged directly into the power supply behind my cabinet, very close to several power sources mixed with a lot of cables!

So I got a USB extension cable in order to move the GoBlue away from possible interference and it's much better.

Haven't tried my 2nd GoBlue with the 1st Gen Integral yet, but it can't be worse when passing UHD through, since I had to put my pad on the Integral to get partial data because a time-out would occur due to slow transmission.

So there is a workaround which should also make the GoBlue more reachable.

Regards,

W.
HDfury likes this.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10) ; - - - - - - - - AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
Walky is offline  
post #3986 of 4697 Old 01-23-2019, 07:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
No, the first one is from december 3, the last one is from 21 january 2019. See INTERNAL date, the filename from the last one is wrong...

old:
Code:
################################################################
# HDFURY VERTEX CONFIGURATION FILE
# [3.12.2018 15:57:07]
################################################################
latest one:
Code:
################################################################
# HDFURY VERTEX CONFIGURATION FILE
# [21.1.2019 19:00:16]
################################################################
But i think the problem lies in the fact that i added the Vertex to my Harmony remote's TV activity. That means every time i switch to an activity (tv, dune, projecting etc) all devices that take part in that activity are turned on; even if they are already on. The vertex reacts to this 'on' RC5 command by activating the OLED display...

Now, there is no actual reason to add the vertex to a Harmony activity, so i removed it (i can still access it from the remote as a device), but i would say there is also no reason to turn on the OLED display if the Vertex receives a ON command, while it is already on

Glad you found out on your own, I was not arguing the export date I was arguing the fact that you said you updated firmware and that both config export show same older fw running on it. we cannot investigate anything on older fw, we always need to talk about the same base FW which is by definition the latest one available. so any problem, update first, if still problem, make bug report and config export with latest firmware and then we can compare, try to reproduce, etc... and fix if needed.





Quote:
Originally Posted by nologic2001 View Post
What kind of range are people getting with the goblue? I can only get about a foot away from mine before I loose the connection. I have the original integral and I get much further away from it before losing the connection. I have tried using a different power supply, which helped slightly, but I'm still only about a foot away before it disconnects. I'm not using any active cables with the vertex and all of my hdmi cables are less then 6ft. So, I don't think there's an excessive power draw from the vertex.

The range of GoBlue is wide enough to allow control from dozen meters away, however if GoBlue is close to EMI source (such as HDMI cable passing 18Gbps or HDMI input/output of any hardware passing 18Gbps) then working range is highly impacted.


To verify if there is any EMI source near GoBlue, just turn everything off (TV/AVR/source) or disconnect them from power source, once everything is OFF, verify the working range you have available, if you don't have several meters, may be the GoBlue dongle have issue, in this case, send email and we will replace it. You can also verify FW running on the GoBlue unit.


For Power supply a 5V2A is enough to power both Vertex and GoBlue.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3987 of 4697 Old 01-25-2019, 07:23 AM
Senior Member
 
Mojito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to Mojito
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Email sent, i'll let you know if I got a reply.
Hi! Did you hear back from Kramer?
In any case, can you please contact their engineer with whom I was in contact about my issue. I discussed with him that you would contact him directly and he is waiting for your e-mail His contact details are:
Sergei Dmitrenko <dsn at kramer.ru>
Mojito is offline  
post #3988 of 4697 Old 01-25-2019, 08:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
Hi! Did you hear back from Kramer?
In any case, can you please contact their engineer with whom I was in contact about my issue. I discussed with him that you would contact him directly and he is waiting for your e-mail His contact details are:
Sergei Dmitrenko <dsn at kramer.ru>

No they haven't even replied yet.
If you are in discussion with any of them, just ask the consumption specs or ask them to contact us directly if they care at all.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #3989 of 4697 Old 01-25-2019, 08:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Mojito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Moscow, Russia
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Send a message via Skype™ to Mojito
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No they haven't even replied yet.
If you are in discussion with any of them, just ask the consumption specs or ask them to contact us directly if they care at all.
They care and they are ready to discuss. I think it's better if you write to him with a specific question.
If that is difficult for you, please pm me your email and I will start the conversation.
Mojito is offline  
post #3990 of 4697 Old 01-25-2019, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,405
Mentioned: 618 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4623 Post(s)
Liked: 1269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojito View Post
They care and they are ready to discuss. I think it's better if you write to him with a specific question.
If that is difficult for you, please pm me your email and I will start the conversation.

PM sent.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off