Originally Posted by HDfury
1. You describe setup like if AVR is at bot out, while it is at top out.
2. You talk about Native from this or from that but in your config your AVR is up all the time, NATIVE works based on sink ON/OFF, how do you want it to change anything if your AVR is always ON ?
3. You have MUTEBOT AUDIO activated in both config, so how can TV at bot out get any sound ? it cannot !
4. finally your AVR have issue mixing EDID as outlined previously, it is reporting 1080p 8b capabilities in this config, which is prolly wrong since you don't provide link to where we initially deciphered its edid and showed you the flaw so I can't remember exactly right now, but in all case, you have custom scaling up to 12b which doesn't match.
5. Bottom line is this: if you want NATIVE audio to work (best audio from available sink), then AVR must be turned OFF if you don't want its audio capabilities to be mixed. if you think it's off already, then it's not really off, it prolly have passthru activated or such thing > so you need to check AVR option to have real STANDBY/OFF mode and not kind of always pass thru.
1. my setup in my signature, I described only scenario (AVR ON or OFF from AVR remote).
2. then why I have PCM on AVR with Native active? both active sinks support at least core from HD Audio...
3. don`t pay attention to that, I just played with MUTE box (may be I forgot to uncheck this before config export). As you know MUTE box doesn`t have any influence on audio signal output.
4. I find out that this is not AVR issue, it is TV setting: TV have two settings for 4k - full bandwidth and standard. I have to choose standard on Input 1 because my 1080p sources connected to AVR don`t like other option in TV settings. But this is another thing, we are not discussing TV Input 1 problem at the moment. AVR sending limited bandwidth capability of Input 1 and source didn`t send 4k to input 1. But this not a problem at the moment.
5. that`s make no sense. all my 1080p sources are connected to AVR and it is silly to turn off Pass through (nobody like to keep AVR all the time ON when you start any 1080p source).
Bottom line: NATIVE audio to work (best audio from available sink) we should have only one output from Vertex activated (only one device ON, connected to Vertex outputs)?
Why I have PCM audio in my case?
This scenario impossible with Vertex:
HD Audio file
top output AVR in pass through
bot output 4k TV
when AVR ON - HD audio
when AVR OFF - core audio from HD Audio on TV speakers
So we don`t have option in Vertex FW to check both outputs and automatically send to source EDID which shows MAX Video and Max audio capability, according to ALGO - max video + max audio?
this ALGO doesn` t work correctly on Vertex?
what does mean MAX Audio ? MAX Audio of one best or max audio supported by both? in my case any of them doesn`t work...