HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 147 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1131Likes

post #4381 of 4435 Old 05-25-2019, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 20
from manual:
Quote:
[Automix Algo]: Select the mixing algo of your choice, available algo are: Min Mixed Capabilities, Max Audio/Min Video, Top Output Priority, Bot Output Priority, Max Audio/Max Video (default)
[2.0 Stereo]: Force the created automix EDID to present stereo sound capabilities.

[5.1 Multi]: Force the created automix EDID to present 5.1 multi-channel sound capabilities. [7.1 Full]: Force the created automix EDID to present Full 7.1 sound capabilities. [Native]: Force the created automix EDID to present the setup native sound capabilities. [TOP MAX]: Force the automix EDID to present the max audio capabilities from sink at top output.
We should choose one of the boxes anyway.
[Native]: only box that let ALGO mode to work
all another boxes force ALGO mode to turn off

Is it correct?

Zidoo X9S (1.4.16.), Vertex FW 1.36.1.41,
Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD>6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4382 of 4435 Old 05-25-2019, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you only have ONE DEVICE AT OUTPUT then THERE IS NO NEED TO MIX ANYTHING or use any ALGO, having only one sink at output is same as using COPY SINK EDID, you can just force some flags in that case.

I wrote NATIVE WILL NOT WORK in mixing TV AUDIO CAP only if AVR is always ON. Do not put things out of CONTEXT, just read the sentence fully and quote it fully.

If only one sink, then mixed EDID = SINK EDID + any flag set.
where you can see in my logs only one device at output?

Himedia Q10 Pro (2.0.4) > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 4)
Nvidia Shield Android TV (7.1.0.) 2015 16Gb+ 1TB HDD>6ft copper >----> 6ft copper > Yamaha RX-A2020 HDMI 1.4 > SONY X9405C HDR TV (HDMI 1)

scenario 1:
playing HD Audio file
AVR ON
TV switched on Input 4
Vertex : ALGO - max video, max audio, Native checked

1. I have PCM on AVR. Why?
2. why we should check at least one flag for audio in Automix? why always to confuse ALGO with flags?
3. what is purpose of Native box, assuming that with only one sink we will have no mixing anyway, because ALGO doesn`t work as well, and with both sinks we need our choosen ALGO.

post #4383 of 4435 Old 05-25-2019, 01:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 531 Post(s)
Quoted: 4091 Post(s)
Liked: 1119
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasilent View Post
from manual:

We should choose one of the boxes anyway.
[Native]: only box that let ALGO mode to work
all another boxes force ALGO mode to turn off

Is it correct?

No all wrong.

Quote:
where you can see in my logs only one device at output?

scenario 1:
playing HD Audio file
AVR ON
TV switched on Input 4
Vertex : ALGO - max video, max audio, Native checked

1. I have PCM on AVR. Why?
2. why we should check at least one flag for audio in Automix? why always to confuse ALGO with flags?
3. what is purpose of Native box, assuming that with only one sink we will have no mixing anyway, because ALGO doesn`t work as well, and with both sinks we need our choosen ALGO.

1. More likely because source is set so, or because it copy EDID from another device at output
2. Because that's the purpose of automix, if you don't want flag, then use copy sink or custom edid
3. Answered previously many times, native is there for setup where both output are not necessarly used at the same time. if you only have one sink, you use custom edid or copy sink unless you need some flag.

I think you are on purpose posting BS on this thread.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4384 of 4435 Old 05-25-2019, 03:57 PM

Quote:
1. No all wrong.

2. More likely because source is set so, or because it copy EDID from another device at output

3. Answered previously many times, native is there for setup where both output are not necessarly used at the same time. if you only have one sink, you use custom edid or copy sink unless you need some flag.
Very strange answers...

1. can you uncheck all audio flags boxes in Automix? I`m not...

2. more likely... ? when you have my log in your hands...

3. again about one sink when I 1000 times told that I have both sinks at output?

I don`t know why you don`t like just to help me and answer to my questions. I `m not telling that vertex is not good or FW is buggy, may be my vertex needs replacement or repairs...
Ok, when I have time I will be more specific and will explain more about my problems with Vertex... may be I `m not enough specific at the moment...
At the moment I have many bugs with Automix in MY setup. I hope we can get rid of them together. No BS.

post #4385 of 4435 Old 05-25-2019, 05:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Very strange answers...

1. can you uncheck all audio flags boxes in Automix? I`m not...

2. more likely... ? when you have my log in your hands...

3. again about one sink when I 1000 times told that I have both sinks at output?

I don`t know why you don`t like just to help me and answer to my questions. I `m not telling that vertex is not good or FW is buggy, may be my vertex needs replacement or repairs...
Ok, when I have time I will be more specific and will explain more about my problems with Vertex... may be I `m not enough specific at the moment...
At the moment I have many bugs with Automix in MY setup. I hope we can get rid of them together. No BS.

Yes answers are strange because you don't make any effort and your attitude is ruining what was once a constructive and informative thread; now it is confusing everybody with non sense.
I have people with real issue to answer and I cannot spend again and again 2 or 3 pages of totally useless questions and answers just because you don't want to listen to what I'm telling you.

You came here saying you want to use TV alone and get best capabilities and then TV with AVR and get best capabilities, to get this working automatically, then you need AVR to be really OFF in Automix, if it's not the case, then it will never work automatically and there will always be something to change when you use TV alone or TV+AVR (either on source by adjusting sound settings, either on vertex by switching edid modes or either on AVR by turning off passthru)

The only problem is that you don't seem to understand that Vertex needs to detect your AVR as "Connected but in stand by" instead of ON for Native audio flag to mix it when ON or not mix it when OFF.
You said you cannot turn off passthru, so AVR always appear as ON, then NATIVE will always mix its capabilities (the capabilities it offers when in pass thru mode which can of course differs than what it can offer when not in passthru)

Also, I have already pointed previously, but you never added link to it, that your AVR have an issue when it mix EDID so for sure I can believe automix can make issue in that case, that's why Vertex have many other EDID modes.

so you can use copy TX0 when TV is up, copy TX1 when AVR is up, or create your own custom EDIDs from Automix when working as you want it and switch between them when needed.
You can automate all that with universal remote so when you turn on TV it changes to TV mode and when you turn on AVR it changes to AVR mode.

What is sure is that you cannot automix properly your AVR based on it's ON/OFF state if it have passthru activated and never goes off, seems pretty logical.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-25-2019 at 08:35 PM.
post #4386 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 01:02 AM

Quote:
You came here saying you want to use TV alone and get best capabilities and then TV with AVR and get best capabilities, to get this working automatically, then you need AVR to be really OFF in Automix,
The only problem is that you don't seem to understand that Vertex needs to detect your AVR as "Connected but in stand by" instead of ON for Native audio flag to mix it when ON or not mix it when OFF.
I really didn`t understand why you all the time coming back to TV alone mode (I`m already several times told you that I understand TV alone mode) when I`m several times asking about TV+AVR mode and PCM (no bitstream) on AVR in this mode with Native box and HD Audio. You have log with PCM but didn`t comment what audio is in EDID and why...

So, I will be back with more details later on... thanks for your efforts to help, but my problem not solved for the moment.

post #4387 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 04:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I really didn`t understand why you all the time coming back to TV alone mode (I`m already several times told you that I understand TV alone mode) when I`m several times asking about TV+AVR mode and PCM (no bitstream) on AVR in this mode with Native box and HD Audio. You have log with PCM but didn`t comment what audio is in EDID and why...

So, I will be back with more details later on... thanks for your efforts to help, but my problem not solved for the moment.

Look, just put a link to where you initially had issue and to where I explained the problem with your AVR making wrong edid copy, if you use automix while your AVR edid is wrong, as explained it cannot work.
Use custom EDID, same issue or not ? if no, then that just confirm it.

post #4388 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 08:22 AM

There was a problem that source sending 1080p from 4k file, because limited bandwidth in EDID. But that is when I use TV input 1 from AVR. We discussed this 2 month ago and I have different problem at the moment. Don`t confuse yourself and others with that old story.

We will discuss this later on, it is long discussion with many Automix problems in my setup with MY Vertex. No BS.

post #4389 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
There was a problem that source sending 1080p from 4k file, because limited bandwidth in EDID. But that is when I use TV input 1 from AVR. We discussed this 2 month ago and I have different problem at the moment. Don`t confuse yourself and others with that old story.

We will discuss this later on, it is long discussion with many Automix problems in my setup with MY Vertex. No BS.

lol, post link to that if you ever want to get any reply from me and your order number as well. Otherwise, I won't reply anymore.
I doubt you are a legit user and I think you are doing all this on purpose.
If your AVR does it for one input then it does it for all others inputs unless you have nothing connected at output.
IF bandwidth is limited, audio format from source can be limited. So it's NOT a different problem.

post #4390 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 11:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1342 Post(s)
Liked: 318
I recently installed a JVC X790 projector. This projector accepts 4K HDR signals and eshifts them to an enhanced level after down-rezing the 4k stream. It has been mentioned in the JVC's Owner's Thread that the Vertex can enhance the signal, including the HDR portion. However, I've been unable to find any description of these improvements. I have been using my Vertex to down-rez 4K to 1080P for my previous HD projector. Can anyone tell me why I should keep and use the Vertex with the JVC since I don't need the down-rez ability anymore?

Jack
post #4391 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 2180 Post(s)
Liked: 2041
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
I recently installed a JVC X790 projector. This projector accepts 4K HDR signals and eshifts them to an enhanced level after down-rezing the 4k stream. It has been mentioned in the JVC's Owner's Thread that the Vertex can enhance the signal, including the HDR portion. However, I've been unable to find any description of these improvements. I have been using my Vertex to down-rez 4K to 1080P for my previous HD projector. Can anyone tell me why I should keep and use the Vertex with the JVC since I don't need the down-rez ability anymore?
The Vertex does not "enhance" 4K signals.

JVC projector owners use the Vertex to:

1. Prevent the JVC from disabling the dynamic iris when an HDR signal is received. This applied to the RS500/600 and I believe the RS520/620. But I don't think the RS540/640 X790/x990 disable the dynamic iris when receiving HDR so you don't need a Vertex for this.

2. Prevent the JVC from automatically selecting its built-in HDR Gamma. This was needed for the first gen RS500/RS600 as the HDR Gamma D was broken and JVC never fixed it. Should not be needed for the X790.

3. Automate the selection of JVC user modes based upon the signal format.

4. Enable SDR/BT2020 output from the Panasonic UB900 UHD disc player. Not needed for UB820/UB9000 or Oppo 203 as they have options to send SDR/BT2020. This is for owners that prefer SDR/BT2020 over HDR.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 05-26-2019 at 01:04 PM.
post #4392 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
The Vertex does not "enhance" 4K signals.

JVC projector owners use the Vertex to:

1. Prevent the JVC from disabling the dynamic iris when an HDR signal is received. This applied to the RS500/600 and I believe the RS520/620. But I don't think the RS540/640 X790/x990 disable the dynamic iris when receiving HDR so you don't need a Vertex for this.

2. Prevent the JVC from automatically selecting its built-in HDR Gamma. This was needed for the first gen RS500/RS600 as the HDR Gamma D was broken and JVC never fixed it. Should not be needed for the X790.

3. Automate the selection of JVC user modes based upon the signal format.

4. Enable SDR/BT2020 output from the Panasonic UB900 UHD disc player. Not needed for UB820/UB9000 or Oppo 203 as they have options to send SDR/BT2020. This is for owners that prefer SDR/BT2020 over HDR.
Thanks a lot for those answers. Very informative. I would like to ask about #3 . I am planning on having a professional calibration once I have 100+ hours on the bulb. One of the requirements afaic is for separate User modes for SDR and HDR memorized. I thought that the X790 would then automatically switch between the two based on the signal sent to it. Am I missing something here?

Jack
post #4393 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackB View Post
Thanks a lot for those answers. Very informative. I would like to ask about #3 . I am planning on having a professional calibration once I have 100+ hours on the bulb. One of the requirements afaic is for separate User modes for SDR and HDR memorized. I thought that the X790 would then automatically switch between the two based on the signal sent to it. Am I missing something here?
Unless the X790 works differently from previous generations, HDR input will cause the projector to automatically select its built-in HDR gamma and BT.2020 color profile. From the user manual I see that the X790 will auto-switch to the built-in HDR picture mode. It won't know about any user mode you have set up. It won't automatically switch out of HDR mode when content switches to SDR. The new native 4K projectors have the ability to map content to user modes but previous generations do not.

The JVC Macros tab in the Vertex Windows GUI are used to automate the selection of user mode based on content. You connect an RS232 cable from the Vertex to the JVC. In the Vertex Macro screen you specify what user mode to associate to SDR/REC709, SDR/BT2020, HDR/BT2020, HLG/BT.2020 etc. The Vertex will send the proper RS232 command to the JVC to select the configured user mode based on content type.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 05-26-2019 at 04:09 PM.
post #4394 of 4435 Old 05-26-2019, 05:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Unless the X790 works differently from previous generations, HDR input will cause the projector to automatically select its built-in HDR gamma and BT.2020 color profile. From the user manual I see that the X790 will auto-switch to the built-in HDR picture mode. It won't know about any user mode you have set up. It won't automatically switch out of HDR mode when content switches to SDR. The new native 4K projectors have the ability to map content to user modes but previous generations do not.

The JVC Macros tab in the Vertex Windows GUI are used to automate the selection of user mode based on content. You connect an RS232 cable from the Vertex to the JVC. In the Vertex Macro screen you specify what user mode to associate to SDR/REC709, SDR/BT2020, HDR/BT2020, HLG/BT.2020 etc. The Vertex will send the proper RS232 command to the JVC to select the configured user mode based on content type.
Thanks for that info. So now I have an excellent use for this Vertex that looked like its day was done. I hope my calibrator will do all of those settings for his fee. He's a leading pro so I assume he is familiar with the Vertex.

Jack
post #4395 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 06:40 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Overscan issue.

Hi HDFury,, is there a feature in vertex to allow me to overscan a signal or stretch the output?

Because I have a problem using overscan feature that is available in my monitor when I use vertex between the monitor and ps4 pro! The image looks distorted When I play with overscan on,
I tried to remove vertex from the chain, and it worked perfectly with clear image!

See the attached screenshot.(distorted image when i move the menu or during a gameplay.)

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	5CFCB222-4A67-4001-8E5F-4061D4A1797D.jpeg
Views:	13
Size:	105.9 KB
ID:	2572268  
post #4396 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 07:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMXP View Post
Hi HDFury,, is there a feature in vertex to allow me to overscan a signal or stretch the output?

Because I have a problem using overscan feature that is available in my monitor when I use vertex between the monitor and ps4 pro! The image looks distorted When I play with overscan on,
I tried to remove vertex from the chain, and it worked perfectly with clear image!

See the attached screenshot.(distorted image when i move the menu or during a gameplay.)

Thanks.

No, that is not possible with Vertex unfortunately.
Confirm display brand/model or link to usermanual, also confirm what resolution display is getting when connected directly to source and what it is getting with Vertex.

post #4397 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 08:03 AM

Quote:
No, that is not possible with Vertex unfortunately.
Confirm display brand/model or link to usermanual, also confirm what resolution display is getting when connected directly to source and what it is getting with Vertex.
Here is the manual link https://www.download.p4c.philips.com...27_dfu_aen.pdf

The input is always 4k yuv420 from ps4. 4k RGB will not allow overscan.

Hope you can find a fix for this issue.

Thanks.
post #4398 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Here is the manual link https://www.download.p4c.philips.com...27_dfu_aen.pdf

The input is always 4k yuv420 from ps4. 4k RGB will not allow overscan.

Hope you can find a fix for this issue.

Thanks.
Export config and add it as attachment when you have this overscan issue on screen. There is 2 model version in this manual, which one is yours ?
Also try to record a clip showing monitor OSD oversan settings and monitor info when trying with Vertex and then with PS4 PRO direct.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-27-2019 at 09:10 AM.
post #4399 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Export config and add it as attachment when you have this overscan issue on screen. There is 2 model version in this manual, which one is yours ?
Also try to record a clip showing monitor OSD overscan settings and monitor info when trying with Vertex and then with PS4 PRO direct.

Hi,

I changed an option in my monitor menu (Low input lag, turned it off) then the problem solved!, but this option was not causing any problem with ps4 connected directly to the monitor.
I couldn't upload the videos because of the size limit of the forum.

anyway I uploaded the config and model number. If there is no fix for the issue with (input lag turned on) it is OK, I can use overscan with turning off the input lag.

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7841.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	2572310   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7838.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	2572314  
Attached Files
File Type: txt ps4-vertex-monitor.txt (7.2 KB, 3 views)
post #4400 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi,

I changed an option in my monitor menu (Low input lag, turned it off) then the problem solved!, but this option was not causing any problem with ps4 connected directly to the monitor.
I couldn't upload the videos because of the size limit of the forum.

anyway I uploaded the config and model number. If there is no fix for the issue with (input lag turned on) it is OK, I can use overscan with turning off the input lag.

Thanks.
You can upload video to online sharing service such as filedropper.com and then just post a link to it.

Is there a reason for you to limit everything at 300MHz ? I understand you need that for your PJ, but that display can get higher than that and PS4PRO can output it as well.
Are you sure the PS4PRO output also 4K60 420 8b when connected directly ? it should try higher signal than that imo

post #4401 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
You can upload video to online sharing service such as filedropper.com and then just post a link to it.

Is there a reason for you to limit everything at 300MHz ? I understand you need that for your PJ, but that display can get higher than that and PS4PRO can output it as well.
Are you sure the PS4PRO output also 4K60 420 8b when connected directly ? it should try higher signal than that imo

Here is the link : https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...an%20issue.zip

I used 300MHz randomly trying to fix the issue I usually use 600MHz.
post #4402 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 12:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is the link : https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...an%20issue.zip

I used 300MHz randomly trying to fix the issue I usually use 600MHz.

Ok but did you ensured that when testing PS4PRO directly the resolution, chroma, color depth and everything was exactly the same as when signal went thru Vertex ?
I checked the video but it's not exactly what we would like to see, we would like to see monitor info for both PS4PRO direct and thru Vertex and eventually PS4PRO output settings in both case.
We really need to ensure signal is EXACTLY the same.

post #4403 of 4435 Old 05-27-2019, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Also try to record a clip showing monitor OSD oversan settings and monitor info when trying with Vertex and then with PS4 PRO direct.
Quote:
Ok but did you ensured that when testing PS4PRO directly the resolution, chroma, color depth and everything was exactly the same as when signal went thru Vertex ?
I checked the video but it's not exactly what we would like to see, we would like to see monitor info for both PS4PRO direct and thru Vertex and eventually PS4PRO output settings in both case.
We really need to ensure signal is EXACTLY the same.
I’m 100% sure it is the same signal, 4k yuv420 with hdr off, I can’t choose 4k rgb cause it will not allow overscan.
It is ok now for me to use it without low input lag option.
post #4404 of 4435 Old 05-28-2019, 01:25 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I'm having an odd issue, on my AppleTV only when watching a 4k HDR movie, every 5 min the OSD of the vertex flashes up on the screen. this doesn't happen watching the same movie on vudu and never happens on netflix. Just on a movie on itunes.
post #4405 of 4435 Old 05-28-2019, 05:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
I'm having an odd issue, on my AppleTV only when watching a 4k HDR movie, every 5 min the OSD of the vertex flashes up on the screen. this doesn't happen watching the same movie on vudu and never happens on netflix. Just on a movie on itunes.
OSD settings > turn off metadata changes notification.

post #4406 of 4435 Old 05-28-2019, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gadgetfreaky View Post
This is an issue with the ATV4K and how it insists on converting a Dolby Vision stream source to HDR10 rather than playing a true HDR10 version. The issue is that during the conversion to HDR10 the HDR metadata values do not remain static but change. This does not happen with all Dolby Vision titles and it seems like older titles are more likely to have the problem.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
post #4407 of 4435 Old 05-29-2019, 03:06 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 359 Post(s)
Liked: 301
@HDfury : How much is the USA import tax on Vertex2 @ $400.00? Lot's of tariffs @ 25% ... does this apply to Vertex2 from Taiwan?

Last edited by Carbon Ft Print; 05-31-2019 at 08:16 AM.
post #4408 of 4435 Old 06-10-2019, 03:40 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Liked: 92
vertex + htpc (igpu, hdr toggle on) + 4k hdr display users/owners:

what do you have your vertex edid set to? and based on this setting what does windows 10 show in advanced display settings?

when i set the vertex edid to 11. 4k60-444 600mhz hdr bt2020 all sound, windows shows 8-bit dithering, rgb in advanced display settings.

when i set the vertex edid to 29. 4k60 12bit hdr bt2020 all sound, windows shows 10-bit, ycbcr420 in advanced display settings.

i've read that 8-bit/rgb is what you want to see in advance display settings because it passes the hdr metadata to your display for tone mapping, although i'm not sure that's true given windows hdr toggle is on which indicates, i thought, windows hdr tone mapping.

i've also read that 10-bit/ycbcr420 is what you want to see in advance display settings because hdr10 is, after all, 10-bit andthat's what you want to send to your hdr display.

however, to my eye, using vertex edid 29 (4k60 12bit hdr bt2020 all sound) which tiggers windows into 10-bit/ycbcr420 causes hdr movie files and streams to appear overly dark and overly saturated, whereas 8-bit/rgb seems to produce a more natural hdr image.

so how do you htpc + 4k display owners have your vertex set up? thanks!
post #4409 of 4435 Old 06-10-2019, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I hate to ask a noob question, but I can't find my answer.

Running a Directv 4K receiver, over a balun, to an Onkyo 4k receiver, to a JVC 4K shift projector. Everything was fine until a couple weeks ago, Now I can't get any picture. I ran the directv receiver with baluns alone, and can get picture, but it won't work on the 4k channels.

Am I missing a new setting?

Is there a config that is already set up I can download and install?

Thanks for the help, I am really hoping there is a simple solution.
post #4410 of 4435 Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
@HDfury: How much is the USA import tax on Vertex2 @ $400.00? Lot's of tariffs @ 25% ... does this apply to Vertex2 from Taiwan?

No idea, that's up to your government policy and up to to the value declared since you have some options for that in checkout.
If you already purchased AV equipment oversea then I suppose similar rate apply unless your gov have updated its policy in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Matovina View Post
I hate to ask a noob question, but I can't find my answer.

Running a Directv 4K receiver, over a balun, to an Onkyo 4k receiver, to a JVC 4K shift projector. Everything was fine until a couple weeks ago, Now I can't get any picture. I ran the directv receiver with baluns alone, and can get picture, but it won't work on the 4k channels.

Am I missing a new setting?

Is there a config that is already set up I can download and install?

Thanks for the help, I am really hoping there is a simple solution.

Just export your config (usermanual p43).
Looks like Balun issue with 4K transmission, you should use Maestro for that !

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page