HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 148 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1132Likes

post #4411 of 4440 Old 06-12-2019, 04:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 396 Post(s)
Liked: 207
Was the release date for the Vertex 2 delayed? I thought when I preordered it the site said shipping June 17th and not the 28th!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4412 of 4440 Old 06-12-2019, 04:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Quoted: 4165 Post(s)
Liked: 1146
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMichael View Post
Was the release date for the Vertex 2 delayed? I thought when I preordered it the site said shipping June 17th and not the 28th!
There is a vertex2 thread, please use it.

Yes it was delayed to 28th June, time for us to port all updates done for Maestro and Diva since their release to Vertex2.
Vertex2 will have very smooth release with 99.99% of all setup working out of the box.
pixphipau and DrMichael like this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #4413 of 4440 Old 06-19-2019, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked: 132
@HDfury Having issues passing Dolby Vision through my Vertex. When I remove the Vertex from the chain I can send Dolby Vision to my TV no problem.

I have attached my config, do I need to update to the latest firmware to resolve this issue?

Last time you gave me a custom firmware to be able to view my set top box so am unsure if I update to the latest firmware I will be unable to view my set top box again.

If I save my config & upload it after updating the firmware I presume all my settings will be restored?
Attached Files
File Type: txt 19.6.19.txt (7.2 KB, 4 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4414 of 4440 Old 06-19-2019, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAttewell View Post
@HDfury Having issues passing Dolby Vision through my Vertex. When I remove the Vertex from the chain I can send Dolby Vision to my TV no problem.

I have attached my config, do I need to update to the latest firmware to resolve this issue?

Last time you gave me a custom firmware to be able to view my set top box so am unsure if I update to the latest firmware I will be unable to view my set top box again.

If I save my config & upload it after updating the firmware I presume all my settings will be restored?

You are using a Custom EDID that does not have any DV string, so it's normal there is no DV !
Just use AUTOMIX and you will have DV ! or use copy TV EDID ! or select custom EDID with DV support. (make sure you understand that your PJ is not DV capable, so only your DV TV will have DV stream working in this case)

Yes you can export and import config back to restore settings it's made for that ! however in your case, you just have to move edid slide to AUTOMIX, no need to update.
AdamAttewell likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-19-2019 at 09:32 AM.
post #4415 of 4440 Old 06-19-2019, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
You are using a Custom EDID that does not have any DV string, so it's normal there is no DV !
Just use AUTOMIX and you will have DV ! or use copy TV EDID ! or select custom EDID with DV support. (make sure you understand that your PJ is not DV capable, so only your DV TV will have DV stream working in this case)

Yes you can export and import config back to restore settings it's made for that ! however in your case, you just have to move edid slide to AUTOMIX, no need to update.

I will give it a go, would you recommend updating or are the improvements not worth it for me?
post #4416 of 4440 Old 06-19-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will give it a go, would you recommend updating or are the improvements not worth it for me?

Not worth it, you can read change log in README.txt that comes with firmware update package, you will see that the firmware above the one you have is only if you have X1X and LG TV (and your config says you have Sony TV and Panasonic player)
AdamAttewell likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-19-2019 at 09:57 AM.
post #4417 of 4440 Old 06-19-2019, 10:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Not worth it, you can read change log in README.txt that comes with firmware update package, you will see that the firmware above the one you have is only if you have X1X and LG TV (and your config says you have Sony TV and Panasonic player)

Turned AUTOMIX on & I am getting Dolby Vision now like you said.

Having a strange issue where everything is working then 15 seconds into the clip audio starts breaking up & then I lose it completely, video is still present but its jerky at points.

Is this a cable issue? I am using the Dolby Vision demo disk as a test & some clips play fine but others don't, I would have thought if it was a cable issue I would not get any clips to work at all?
post #4418 of 4440 Old 06-20-2019, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This is related to another question I had, but can the HDfury Vertex(2) display HDCP status? (i.e. display information if HDCP is active being used, or if there is an HDCP error at my TV, etc)
post #4419 of 4440 Old 06-20-2019, 03:11 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Turned AUTOMIX on & I am getting Dolby Vision now like you said.

Having a strange issue where everything is working then 15 seconds into the clip audio starts breaking up & then I lose it completely, video is still present but its jerky at points.

Is this a cable issue? I am using the Dolby Vision demo disk as a test & some clips play fine but others don't, I would have thought if it was a cable issue I would not get any clips to work at all?

Just compare the signal on OLED when you play each clips, see if it's the same or not, but it does sound like cable issue, you can record a clip and then I can tell you if it looks like cable issue or not.
You can also check if its same behavior from both outputs or both inputs, that rule a connector issue on vertex unit.
Or another TV input to rule out connector issue on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
This is related to another question I had, but can the HDfury Vertex(2) display HDCP status? (i.e. display information if HDCP is active being used, or if there is an HDCP error at my TV, etc)
Yes, Vertex/Integral2/Maestro/Diva/Vertex2 can all do that.
It reports the HDCP traveling on the stream and will fix hdcp issue if there is any on your TV.

Previous model could also do this, like Integral, Linker and even AVR-Key.
But better start at Vertex platform since its way more powerful and extremely reliable.

post #4420 of 4440 Old 06-23-2019, 04:02 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quoted: 362 Post(s)
Liked: 302
Can no longer get my android Samsung 8+ phone to talk to both of my GoBlue dongles to connect to my Vertex1. Tried loading new firmware into both dongles and tried replacing app in phone with latest Vertex app, android version. Verified S8 phone was paired with goblue dongles. Turned power off/on on Vertex. Any ideas? This was working earlier in the day. I've used it almost daily in the past.

P.S. Did notice that after updating GoBlue firmware, the dongle did blink twice ... then it blinked serveral more times in an erratic manner ... finally a steady blue light.

Last edited by Carbon Ft Print; 06-23-2019 at 04:06 PM.
post #4421 of 4440 Old 06-23-2019, 09:14 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon Ft Print View Post
...Verified S8 phone was paired with goblue dongles...
Hi,

The GoBlue dongle should NOT be paired to your phone.

Remove it from the list, also use the disconnect option in the App (just to be sure) and retry.

Regards,

W.
HDfury likes this.

TV: Samsung UE78JS9580 (4K HDR10); AUDIO: Denon AVR-X3100W (4K HDCP 1.4)
Media players: Minix U9-H (4K HDR), OpenHour Chameleon (4K SDR), PopcornHour C200 (HD)
Matrix switches: HDfury DIVA & Integral (rev. 1, 600 MHz)
Game consoles: Sony PlayStation 4, Nintendo Wii
Multimedia NAS: Qnap TVS-671 (4K30 SDR)
post #4422 of 4440 Old 06-24-2019, 03:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can no longer get my android Samsung 8+ phone to talk to both of my GoBlue dongles to connect to my Vertex1. Tried loading new firmware into both dongles and tried replacing app in phone with latest Vertex app, android version. Verified S8 phone was paired with goblue dongles. Turned power off/on on Vertex. Any ideas? This was working earlier in the day. I've used it almost daily in the past.

P.S. Did notice that after updating GoBlue firmware, the dongle did blink twice ... then it blinked serveral more times in an erratic manner ... finally a steady blue light.

Walky is right, it's not normal Bluetooth that needs to be paired, it's Bluetooth Low Energy. so make sure BT is not paired, then just launch APP, it will ask to turn ON BT if not already ON and then it will connect automatically.
You can clear previous connection from APP and reconnect if needed (top right corner option)

post #4423 of 4440 Old 06-24-2019, 08:51 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

No luck. Tried suggestions, but Vertex failed to connected to either GoBlue dongle (0075 and 0079). Both 01 and 02 Integrals work with either GoBlue dongle. Vertex no longer works with either GoBlue Dongle nor Vertex app.

Connected Vertex to PC windows10, Vertex GUI ... could not get Factory Reset to work. Had a failure message ... forgot what it said ... something like could not load values ... not sure.
Then, reloaded latest firmware into Vertex. Now, Factory Reset did work ... no error message while executing factory reset command. However, Vertex still does not communicate
with either GoBlue (0075 or 0079) dongle any longer.

I need the Vertex app to work in order to get the OPPO203 to switch between DV and HDR, depending on the 4k movie (DV or not) and display (DV= LG C8 77"; no DV= JVC RS600 projector).
Going through Vertex to force OPPO203 into or out of DV is much faster than having to eject the disk out of the OPPO203, change settings, reload the disk and get back to the previous scene.

To summarize:

1. Vertex does not work with either GoBlue (0075 or 0079) dongle ... but, Integral 01 and 02 do work with either GoBlue (0075 and 0079) dongle
2. Reloaded latest firmware into both GoBlue (0075 and 0079) and Vertex.
3. Removed and reloaded android version of Vertex App into Samsung S8+ Cell Smart Phone.
4. Vertex can communicate with PC GUI.

Any suggestions?
P.S. Vertex firmware is "unlocked".

Last edited by Carbon Ft Print; 06-24-2019 at 10:38 AM.
post #4424 of 4440 Old 06-24-2019, 11:32 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Just received vertex....and set it up with latest gui and firmware....but got disappointed.....my isuue is that i am now having flickering and green lines on my 4k uhd projector.....and after 30 sec it goes black and says no hdmi signal....i used atomix+no scaling, custom edid+autoscaling.....no help....i am just connecting the source from my gaming box to vextex and display out to projector.....no av device....my current setup

Dell G7 i7>thunderbolt 3>aorus 1080 gaming box>optical fiber 5meter>vertex>copper 2meter>optoma uhd51
My previous setup (no issues with even 4k hdr)
Dell G7 i7>thunderbolt 3>aorus 1080 gaming box>copper 2meter>optoma uhd 51

I tried changing the fiber 5m with another 2 ft copper but no relief.....i currently dont use hdmi for audio.....use bluetooth audio from laptop to speakers separately.....i am planning to upgrade audio after this video issue gets fixed.....yes another thing my vertex side logo is also off(no hdcp handshake)......oled photo attached....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190624_214111.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	616.3 KB
ID:	2583948  
post #4425 of 4440 Old 06-24-2019, 02:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcusman2012 View Post
Just received vertex....and set it up with latest gui and firmware....but got disappointed.....my isuue is that i am now having flickering and green lines on my 4k uhd projector.....and after 30 sec it goes black and says no hdmi signal....i used atomix+no scaling, custom edid+autoscaling.....no help....i am just connecting the source from my gaming box to vextex and display out to projector.....no av device....my current setup

Dell G7 i7>thunderbolt 3>aorus 1080 gaming box>optical fiber 5meter>vertex>copper 2meter>optoma uhd51
My previous setup (no issues with even 4k hdr)
Dell G7 i7>thunderbolt 3>aorus 1080 gaming box>copper 2meter>optoma uhd 51

I tried changing the fiber 5m with another 2 ft copper but no relief.....i currently dont use hdmi for audio.....use bluetooth audio from laptop to speakers separately.....i am planning to upgrade audio after this video issue gets fixed.....yes another thing my vertex side logo is also off(no hdcp handshake)......oled photo attached....
Export config please (usermanual p43)

4K HDR is usually not 600MHz depending on the source/app in use, here you have max bandwith going in and out.
So do following tests:

1) Try another Vertex output same issue YES/NO ?
2) Move EDID slide to FIXED position (max 300MHz), restart PC, does it work YES/NO

If you answer YES to both after your tests, you have cable issue 100% guaranteed, get Kabledirekt or bluejeanscable or our cables and you will be fine.

post #4426 of 4440 Old 06-24-2019, 02:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No luck. Tried suggestions, but Vertex failed to connected to either GoBlue dongle (0075 and 0079). Both 01 and 02 Integrals work with either GoBlue dongle. Vertex no longer works with either GoBlue Dongle nor Vertex app.

Connected Vertex to PC windows10, Vertex GUI ... could not get Factory Reset to work. Had a failure message ... forgot what it said ... something like could not load values ... not sure.
Then, reloaded latest firmware into Vertex. Now, Factory Reset did work ... no error message while executing factory reset command. However, Vertex still does not communicate
with either GoBlue (0075 or 0079) dongle any longer.

I need the Vertex app to work in order to get the OPPO203 to switch between DV and HDR, depending on the 4k movie (DV or not) and display (DV= LG C8 77"; no DV= JVC RS600 projector).
Going through Vertex to force OPPO203 into or out of DV is much faster than having to eject the disk out of the OPPO203, change settings, reload the disk and get back to the previous scene.

To summarize:

1. Vertex does not work with either GoBlue (0075 or 0079) dongle ... but, Integral 01 and 02 do work with either GoBlue (0075 and 0079) dongle
2. Reloaded latest firmware into both GoBlue (0075 and 0079) and Vertex.
3. Removed and reloaded android version of Vertex App into Samsung S8+ Cell Smart Phone.
4. Vertex can communicate with PC GUI.

Any suggestions?
P.S. Vertex firmware is "unlocked".

You had GUI idle for too long when you had that "could not load values" issue, if no operations after a while communication with GUI is cut automatically, close and restart.

For Android issue, go on HDfury.com > products > Vertex > download tab, manually download older version of the APP, see if can get it working.
Latest APP report Goblue firmware version when it attempt to connect, what does it report ? if nothing, it just means GoBlue firmware not updated, repeat the process, if USB stick is empty add some dummy data, like a movie file on it to take some space and retry.

EDIT: Also if you use "Y" USB cable, make sure you connect GoBlue to the PC/communication end and not to the power supply end.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-24-2019 at 04:53 PM.
post #4427 of 4440 Old 06-25-2019, 04:16 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
You had GUI idle for too long when you had that "could not load values" issue, if no operations after a while communication with GUI is cut automatically, close and restart.

For Android issue, go on HDfury.com > products > Vertex > download tab, manually download older version of the APP, see if can get it working.
Latest APP report Goblue firmware version when it attempt to connect, what does it report ? if nothing, it just means GoBlue firmware not updated, repeat the process, if USB stick is empty add some dummy data, like a movie file on it to take some space and retry.

EDIT: Also if you use "Y" USB cable, make sure you connect GoBlue to the PC/communication end and not to the power supply end.
Both of my GoBlue dongles work with with both Integrals and both Linkers ... just not Vertex now (Vertex has been working great until just recently.)

Forgot to tell you that the Vertex App says "No Devices Found" after I first do a "disconnect from previous connection" then "Connect" using Vertex App.

My GoBlue power connects to the "Smart Device" port of the dual usb power adapter (US version), not the power supply only port. I use the USB to USB mini cable, not Y cable.

I'll trying using an older Vertex App per your request later today and do some more testing to see if this unit is even functional in my setup ... forgot to do this ... thought there would be an easy fix.

Now, I'm using the Integrals as splitters ... rather than Vertex ... Integrals work ok. Thx.

Last edited by Carbon Ft Print; 06-25-2019 at 12:30 PM.
post #4428 of 4440 Old 06-25-2019, 04:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Both of my GoBlue dongles work with with both Integrals and both Linkers ... just not Vertex now (Vertex has been working great until just recently.)

Forgot to tell you that the Vertex App says "No Devices Found" after I first do a "disconnect from previous connection" then "Connect" using Vertex.

My GoBlue power connects to the "Smart Device" port of the dual usb power adapter (US version), not the power supply only port.

I'll trying using an older Vertex App per your request later today and do some more testing to see if this unit is even functional in my setup ... forgot to do this ... thought there would be an easy fix.

Now, I'm using the Integrals as splitters ... rather than Vertex ... Integrals work ok. Thx.

Yes Integral and Linker are 2015/2016 devices so for sure any GoBlue firmware will work with it.
Anyway, if GoBlue have latest firmware and if Vertex APP can reach it, then it would report its firmware version, if it's not the case, then it have not been updated properly as I wrote before. (APP would report GoBlue FW1.xx when displaying any message)
You might also restart your phone.

You wrote before that you tried to pair device via phone Bluetooth, that cannot work and that's surely not how you got it working earlier.
so try to reflash GoBlue latest firmware as explained, try to use older APP, reboot your phone and make sure to use PC label end if you use Y cable , if you use normal USB > mini USB cable, then this last recommendation does not apply.

What is the current Android version running on your phone ?

Last edited by HDfury; 06-25-2019 at 04:37 AM.
post #4429 of 4440 Old 06-25-2019, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Export config please (usermanual p43)

4K HDR is usually not 600MHz depending on the source/app in use, here you have max bandwith going in and out.
So do following tests:

1) Try another Vertex output same issue YES/NO ?
2) Move EDID slide to FIXED position (max 300MHz), restart PC, does it work YES/NO

If you answer YES to both after your tests, you have cable issue 100% guaranteed, get Kabledirekt or bluejeanscable or our cables and you will be fine.
Wow.....very quick diagnosis.....1)yes 2) yes.....never thought the cable with projector will be having issues since it was very new & recently installed......anyhow now have to install new cable for my projector......thanks.....everything working fine now after i checked it with my optical fibre cable.....using 4k fire stick and gtx 1080.....both......so only 4 minor problem....
1. The OLED turns off after few sec.....is it possible that its always on?
2. Side logo of vertex always off? How can i check it? Hdcp handshake?
3. Usb port to pc(laptop) is for power or for configuration only or both? Can i remove it? If for example i plan to use Goblue so usb cable to pc needs to be plugged in always?
post #4430 of 4440 Old 06-25-2019, 05:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Wow.....very quick diagnosis.....1)yes 2) yes.....never thought the cable with projector will be having issues since it was very new & recently installed......anyhow now have to install new cable for my projector......thanks.....everything working fine now after i checked it with my optical fibre cable.....using 4k fire stick and gtx 1080.....both......so only 4 minor problem....
1. The OLED turns off after few sec.....is it possible that its always on?
2. Side logo of vertex always off? How can i check it? Hdcp handshake?
3. Usb port to pc(laptop) is for power or for configuration only or both? Can i remove it? If for example i plan to use Goblue so usb cable to pc needs to be plugged in always?
Above test confirm cable issue, but not necessary at output, it could be at input too. this you need to find out.
I also would like to get config export from you to check a few things so see if you can post that please.

1. Yes, just set OLED TIMER to 0 and it will never face (GUI > CONFIG)
2. Make sure LOGO LED is ON in GUI>CONFIG
3. If you have "Y" cable, then one end is for communication (PC) and other end for power ! PC ends not needed except when you need to run Windows GUI or connect GoBlue, PSU (Power) Ends, always need to be connected to Power supply.

post #4431 of 4440 Old 06-25-2019, 04:54 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Yes Integral and Linker are 2015/2016 devices so for sure any GoBlue firmware will work with it.
Anyway, if GoBlue have latest firmware and if Vertex APP can reach it, then it would report its firmware version, if it's not the case, then it have not been updated properly as I wrote before. (APP would report GoBlue FW1.xx when displaying any message)
You might also restart your phone.

You wrote before that you tried to pair device via phone Bluetooth, that cannot work and that's surely not how you got it working earlier.
so try to reflash GoBlue latest firmware as explained, try to use older APP, reboot your phone and make sure to use PC label end if you use Y cable , if you use normal USB > mini USB cable, then this last recommendation does not apply.

What is the current Android version running on your phone ?
1. Got it working again, sort of, with older apk 1.0.4 firmware for Vertex App (third apk from the top of list on HDfury vertex downloads). I am still playing with it and will report back tomorrow.
2. The apk 1.0.4 readme instructions need to be rewritten. Just read them and you'll find out they are telling you to connect your phone to pc. No. Just browse HDfury site with phone browser and download into phone and follow install instructions once you click on apk file. Took me 2 hrs to try to follow readme file instructions ... then I punted and did it the easy way. No worries.
3. I know about blu tooth pairing with phone and know not to do it ... never did it before and I did that only as a last resort measure to see if phone was at fault ... did not know what else to do so I started looking at the phone.
4. Reset cmd is not working for Vertex using apk 1.0.4 ... nor for Integral App. Vertex App says it executed the command, but nothing happens. Integral App says Command Failed = unsupported.
5. Have latest Samsung S8 Android software installed: G955USQS5DSE5 ... 6/4/19 was last download. Android Version 9.
6. Saw the GoBlue software version in the Vertex App... v1.63.
7. Vertex FW Ver: 1.37.1.44
8. FYI: When I do a Vertex App "clear previous connection" ... followed by "connect", it says Select One: HDfury_BT-0079[08:18:06:13:00:79] or HDfury_BT-0075[08:18:06:13:00:75] ... I have 2 GoBlue dongles. Not sure if that is what you mean by the GoBlue showing its firmware version on each connect.

That's all for today. Thx for your help.

Last edited by Carbon Ft Print; 06-25-2019 at 06:57 PM.
post #4432 of 4440 Old 06-25-2019, 06:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1. Got it working again, sort of, with older apk 1.0.4 firmware for Vertex App (third apk from the top of list on HDfury vertex downloads). I am still playing with it and will report back tomorrow.
2. The apk 1.0.4 readme instructions need to be rewritten. Just read them and you'll find out they are telling you to connect your phone to pc. No. Just browse HDfury site with phone browser and download into phone and follow install instructions once you click on apk file. Took me 2 hrs to try to follow readme file instructions ... then I punted and did it the easy way. No worries.
3. I know about blu tooth pairing with phone and know not to do it ... never did it before and I did that only as a last resort measure to see if phone was at fault ... did not know what else to do so I started looking at the phone.
4. Reset cmd is not working for Vertex using apk 1.0.4 ... nor for Integral App. Vertex App says it executed the command, but nothing happens. Integral App says Command Failed = unsupported.
5. Have latest Samsung S8 Android software installed: G955USQS5DSE5 ... 6/4/19 was last download. Android Version 9.
6. Saw the GoBlue software version in the Vertex App... v1.63.
7. Vertex FM Ver: 1.37.1.44
8. FYI: When I do a Vertex App "clear previous connection" ... followed by "connect", it says Select One: HDfury_BT-0079[08:18:06:13:00:79] or HDfury_BT-0075[08:18:06:13:00:75] ... I have 2 GoBlue dongles. Not sure if that is what you mean by the GoBlue showing its firmware version on each connect.

That's all for today. Thx for your help.

1. Ok
2. No particular issue, you are assuming it's easier for people to unzip a file with a phone, we are assuming it's easier to unzip it with a computer and transfer the file to the phone once unzipped.
3. good
4. There is 2 resets, please specify which one you refer too: reset or hard reset.
5. It should work with latest Android APK on Google Play, we will chec kit
6. ok that's good should work with latest APK on Google Play as well.
7. Yes need further Goblue update, current Goblue is up to GUI 1.32 (fw 1.33.1.35)
8. No, if you have latest GoBlue FW and Latest APK, then in case connection is not successful APP will report GoBlue FW, in your case, connection is successful since you can choose which device you want to connect to.

post #4433 of 4440 Old 06-26-2019, 02:49 AM

Quote:
Above test confirm cable issue, but not necessary at output, it could be at input too. this you need to find out.
I also would like to get config export from you to check a few things so see if you can post that please.

3. If you have "Y" cable, then one end is for communication (PC) and other end for power ! PC ends not needed except when you need to run Windows GUI or connect GoBlue, PSU (Power) Ends, always need to be connected to Power supply.
Following is my vertex config......also using 4k fire stick....2 questions....
1) side logo shows hdcp handshake as per manual but you said you can turn it off/on... Then how we can know that hdcp handshake is successful if the on/off is controlled? I mean mine was always off and now i turned it on from config....so is hdcp handshake working?
2....plz can you tell how to configure vertex for dolby atmos to my soundbar yamaha ysp5600? Both my gtx1080 and 4k firestick are atmos capable at input and only my sound bar is capable for atmos at output, not my projector.....so any help in configuration? Will be receiving ysp5600 soon so wanted to know a little.....
Thanks a lot....
Attached Files
File Type: zip VERTEX_edid0.zip (404 Bytes, 5 views)

Last edited by mcusman2012; 06-26-2019 at 03:18 AM.
post #4434 of 4440 Old 06-26-2019, 04:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Following is my vertex config......also using 4k fire stick....2 questions....
1) side logo shows hdcp handshake as per manual but you said you can turn it off/on... Then how we can know that hdcp handshake is successful if the on/off is controlled? I mean mine was always off and now i turned it on from config....so is hdcp handshake working?
2....plz can you tell how to configure vertex for dolby atmos to my soundbar yamaha ysp5600? Both my gtx1080 and 4k firestick are atmos capable at input and only my sound bar is capable for atmos at output, not my projector.....so any help in configuration? Will be receiving ysp5600 soon so wanted to know a little.....
Thanks a lot....
1) if you have picture, handshake is completed, if OSD/OLED show signal, handshake is completed, etc...
2) Soundbar at TOP output, PJ at BOT output, EDID on AUTOMIX (if issue, go in GUI > EDID > AUTOMIX and make sure TOP MAX is checked, then restart your source)

What you sent as attachment is an EDID file, not the config, for config refer to usermanual p43

post #4435 of 4440 Old 06-26-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Can somebody explain more about HTPC mode?

Here is the description from the website and different HDfury manuals:

Quote:
HTPC Mode

Having issue with AVR or display connected at your HTPC output, like standby mode resume issue or such ?
Integral now feature an unique and exclusive HTPC mode where anything that happen at the output is never reported to the source device.
This currently goes beyond what EDID detective and Dr.HDMI alike can offer and represent the ultimate HTPC issue solver.
Quote:
  • HTPC mode to avoid detection of the connected sink status
Quote:
[HTPC MODE]: Useful if you have trouble with windows display and icons when resuming from stand-by
mode. Please note that with default firmware HTPC mode is not compatible with HDCP signal.
Quote:
[TX HTPC MODE]: ENABLE by default, DISABLE it to turn off the processing of any SINK hot plug events. This mode is useful for HTPC setup.
Based on all those descriptions, it sounds like HTPC mode keeps the HPD (Hot Plug Detect) always active on a specific input so the HTPC doesn't receive connect/disconnect (HPD) events?

Are the benefits only to solve issues with Resume From Standby and icons?

Does it help with HDMI switching speed to an HTPC input? Can this enabled on other inputs (PS4/X-Box?) to increase HDMI input switching speed?
post #4436 of 4440 Old 06-26-2019, 05:57 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
1. Ok
2. No particular issue, you are assuming it's easier for people to unzip a file with a phone, we are assuming it's easier to unzip it with a computer and transfer the file to the phone once unzipped.
3. good
4. There is 2 resets, please specify which one you refer too: reset or hard reset.
5. It should work with latest Android APK on Google Play, we will chec kit
6. ok that's good should work with latest APK on Google Play as well.
7. Yes need further Goblue update, current Goblue is up to GUI 1.32 (fw 1.33.1.35)
8. No, if you have latest GoBlue FW and Latest APK, then in case connection is not successful APP will report GoBlue FW, in your case, connection is successful since you can choose which device you want to connect to.
Today, reset in the Vertex App worked again ... infact, everything is back to normal.
Re:
2. Could not copy/paste or transfer APK file from pc to Samsung S8+ smart phone through USB connection. Not sure why the Samsung S8+ is not acting like a storage device where files can be copied or new files transferred to the phone. Started to search the internet and found out about "unknown sources", but that only applied to APK files once in the smart phone. Gave up using the PC at this point.
4. There is only 1 type of reset under Device Settings with Vertex App ... works now like it use to.
5. Older Vertex App works ... I'll try loading the most current Vertex App tomorrow to see if it works now.

Thx much for your help.
post #4437 of 4440 Old 06-27-2019, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofakng View Post
Can somebody explain more about HTPC mode?

Here is the description from the website and different HDfury manuals:

Based on all those descriptions, it sounds like HTPC mode keeps the HPD (Hot Plug Detect) always active on a specific input so the HTPC doesn't receive connect/disconnect (HPD) events?

Are the benefits only to solve issues with Resume From Standby and icons?

Does it help with HDMI switching speed to an HTPC input? Can this enabled on other inputs (PS4/X-Box?) to increase HDMI input switching speed?

It helps to avoid windows changing res, resizing and any case where what happens at output should not be reported at input.
The only important thing to remember is that IT IS NOT compatible with HDCP, so if any HDCP on signal, you cannot use HTPC mode.

Quote:
Today, reset in the Vertex App worked again ... infact, everything is back to normal.
Re:
2. Could not copy/paste or transfer APK file from pc to Samsung S8+ smart phone through USB connection. Not sure why the Samsung S8+ is not acting like a storage device where files can be copied or new files transferred to the phone. Started to search the internet and found out about "unknown sources", but that only applied to APK files once in the smart phone. Gave up using the PC at this point.
4. There is only 1 type of reset under Device Settings with Vertex App ... works now like it use to.
5. Older Vertex App works ... I'll try loading the most current Vertex App tomorrow to see if it works now.

Thx much for your help.

When you connect phone to computer, there is USB option on the phone where you can choose to either just CHARGE, or set as storage device to transfer file. once storage device is set, a new drive letter for the phone will appear and you can then browse phone's internal data.
Carbon Ft Print likes this.

post #4438 of 4440 Old 06-27-2019, 11:46 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Today, Vertex App from Google play store does not connect to GoBlue dongle ... problem for over a week now.

However, Vertex APK 1.0.4 and 1.1.0 from HdFury.com do connect. Currently running APK 1.1.0 ... and I'm happy.

End of ....
post #4439 of 4440 Old 07-06-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:

Sorry for late reply....got the config file....vertex working fine 3d also working fine....no issues....one thing left is to check dolby atmos....lets see
Attached Files
File Type: zip 1562450008930_VERTEX_edid0.zip (404 Bytes, 5 views)
post #4440 of 4440 Old 07-06-2019, 07:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Sorry for late reply....got the config file....vertex working fine 3d also working fine....no issues....one thing left is to check dolby atmos....lets see
This is NOT a config file, this is an EDID file.
For config, refer to usermanual p43

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page