HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1200Likes

post #4531 of 4915 Old 09-17-2019, 05:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5460 Post(s)
Liked: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultrasilent View Post
A few questions regarding audio info.

1. sometimes I have strange AUD1 info in Vertex utility.

I do passing of same audio from different sources and info can look like this:
-HBR bitstream
-bitstream
-LPCM 768KHz --ch 16 bit

can you please explain the difference and why happen so?

2. sometimes I can see different info in utility and OSD at the same time. for example:

OSD shows bitstream
utility shows LPCM 768KHz --ch 16 bit

Audio is informative only and cannot be accurate since there is no audio decoder to know what a bitstream or hbr bistream exactly is.
Difference between OSD/utility is usually a refresh issue.
In all cases, what comes in/goes out untouched, so audio is always what the source is sending.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4532 of 4915 Old 09-19-2019, 02:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hi I own a vertex and have it connected from a pc running windows 10 ver1903 with a gtx1080ti running into a Yamaha rxv3060 then I have the vertex In the chain running into a lg OLED 65b8 and jvc dla-x5000 I was hoping to be able run them simultaneously 4K is it possible to configure if yes can you advise on settings I have the goblue into an iOS app to control the vertex
Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #4533 of 4915 Old 09-19-2019, 04:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mavang View Post
Hi I own a vertex and have it connected from a pc running windows 10 ver1903 with a gtx1080ti running into a Yamaha rxv3060 then I have the vertex In the chain running into a lg OLED 65b8 and jvc dla-x5000 I was hoping to be able run them simultaneously 4K is it possible to configure if yes can you advise on settings I have the goblue into an iOS app to control the vertex
Any advise would be greatly appreciated

No reason that would not work out of the box.
As long as you are in splitter mode then it should work fine assuming the cable are good enough (in quality and length) to support it. (copper min 6ft, max12ft, longer distance active or fiber)
As you have a Windows PC, use Windows GUI to export and post config in case of problem.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4534 of 4915 Old 09-19-2019, 06:19 AM

Please clarify what is splitter mode excuse my ignorance i want to pass through the audio to the lg and be able to use Yammy with the jvc together
Signal passes through no problem all cables work fine

post #4535 of 4915 Old 09-19-2019, 06:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Please clarify what is splitter mode excuse my ignorance i want to pass through the audio to the lg and be able to use Yammy with the jvc together
Signal passes through no problem all cables work fine

SPLITTER is 1 input signal replicated to 2 output (with or without resolution change, chroma change, color space change, color depth change or hdcp rev change, etc...)

MATRIX is 2 inputs to 2 outputs at the same time.

By default Vertex is in splitter mode, so what ever input is selected, the signal from that input goes to both devices at output. this will work with any equipment as long as SCALE SLIDE is on AUTOSCALING and assuming there is not any other device in between that would report wrong EDID capabilities by for example, simply copying another sink device EDID that would exceed its own capabilities.

You can switch between SPLITTER <> MATRIX mode at will by holding INP button for 2sec (or via RS232/ IR/ USB or Android/iOS APP with GoBlue)

so if you are unsure, just connect everything and export your config in case of problem (usermanual p43) and add it as attachement in your reply, from there I can point you any mistake.

post #4536 of 4915 Old 09-21-2019, 05:20 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 21
So will this device work as follows with my avr, xbox, and samsung q70.
Id like to pass video to tv with hdr, 4k, allm, and freesync. Id like to pass audio to receiver with 7.1pcm/dolby atmos.
post #4537 of 4915 Old 09-21-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
SPLITTER is 1 input signal replicated to 2 output (with or without resolution change, chroma change, color space change, color depth change or hdcp rev change, etc...)

MATRIX is 2 inputs to 2 outputs at the same time.

By default Vertex is in splitter mode, so what ever input is selected, the signal from that input goes to both devices at output. this will work with any equipment as long as SCALE SLIDE is on AUTOSCALING and assuming there is not any other device in between that would report wrong EDID capabilities by for example, simply copying another sink device EDID that would exceed its own capabilities.

You can switch between SPLITTER <> MATRIX mode at will by holding INP button for 2sec (or via RS232/ IR/ USB or Android/iOS APP with GoBlue)

so if you are unsure, just connect everything and export your config in case of problem (usermanual p43) and add it as attachement in your reply, from there I can point you any mistake.

Thank you for your support and a great product much appreciated

post #4538 of 4915 Old 09-22-2019, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Wheaton View Post
Id like to pass video to tv with hdr, 4k, allm, and freesync. Id like to pass audio to receiver with 7.1pcm/dolby atmos.
Freesync, Gsync, VRR and such only work SOURCE > DISPLAY direct, if TV have eARC then eARC extraction is the way to go to retrieve full sound to feed an AVR.
Vertex2, Diva and Maestro can extract ARC/eARC and forward to any AVR input.

If you don't use freesync ,then 4K HDR can pass thru Vertex/Integral2/Vertex2/Diva/Maestro from source to display and have a secondary audio out at 720/1080p with Atmos or any soundformat sent by the source and supported by the AVR.

post #4539 of 4915 Old 09-26-2019, 04:54 AM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Quote:
Freesync, Gsync, VRR and such only work SOURCE > DISPLAY direct, if TV have eARC then eARC extraction is the way to go to retrieve full sound to feed an AVR.
Vertex2, Diva and Maestro can extract ARC/eARC and forward to any AVR input.

If you don't use freesync ,then 4K HDR can pass thru Vertex/Integral2/Vertex2/Diva/Maestro from source to display and have a secondary audio out at 720/1080p with Atmos or any soundformat sent by the source and supported by the AVR.
im sorry, are you saying that this will not pass treesync or allm?
post #4540 of 4915 Old 09-26-2019, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
im sorry, are you saying that this will not pass treesync or allm?
I'm saying that you like many others have misunderstanding about how such tech works, even if you might see device that claim any VRR/freesync/gsync/etc.. pass thru feature in the future, that's not how such tech is designed to work and that fully kill the purpose of such tech.

VRR/freesync/Gsync/etc... is made to work optimally between SOURCE > DISPLAY directly, there is not any device in the world that, today, can be inserted in between and allow such feature to work optimally and there might never be any.

When working directly source > display, the fps fluctuating range is maximum and optimal based on what source can offer and what display can accept. for ex: min:40 max: 140.
There is some AVR planned in the future with pass thru for such feature, but their range is for ex: 40-80 or 100-140 or even less +/- 10fps, so you effectively go from a 100fps range to 40, 20, 10 or none. > thus this killing the purpose of such tech.

Now to really use such tech as intented and have optimal results there is 3 options:

1) SOURCE > TV DIRECT and you split sound at source level if possible
2) SOURCE > TV DIRECT and you use TV ARC back to AVR for max DD+.
3) SOURCE > TV DIRECT and you use TV EARC back to AVR for up to any audio format. > that is actually the way the industry is going to, TV will soon be the main hub in AV setup and audio system will retrieve full sound via EARC for any connected sources to TV or any TV apps.
That is what HDMI2.1 allows: HDMI2.1 source to HDMI2.1 display works optimally for max fluctuating range and HDMI2.1 display offers eARC to HDMI2.1 AVR.

So to really use VRR/Gsync/Freesync as intended, above 3 are the only correct options.
Sure, you can wait for a device in the future that would claim passthru for such tech, but you will then limit such tech to whatever such device accepts as fluctuating range and may be in a few years they would be good enough to support the worst source and display of today
Except may be our version of it but that's not before end of 2020 at earliest.

If you bought HDMI2.1 TV today without eARC > you are an early adopter and you just get screwed by the industry, like they always screw early adopters.
If you have a pseudo or real HDMI2.1 source with Gsync/VRR/Freesync/etc... and a display that accept such tech but don't have 2.1 and eARC then you are good to get a new TV if you want full audio and you cannot split sound from source AND even if you have a new TV, you still need new AVR for eARC, this is where our devices can help, they will extract eARC from any eARC TV and forward any audio format to any AVR input that support such format.
claw likes this.

post #4541 of 4915 Old 09-26-2019, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
I'm saying that you like many others have misunderstanding about how such tech works, even if you might see device that claim any VRR/freesync/gsync/etc.. pass thru feature in the future, that's not how such tech is designed to work and that fully kill the purpose of such tech.

VRR/freesync/Gsync/etc... is made to work optimally between SOURCE > DISPLAY directly, there is not any device in the world that, today, can be inserted in between and allow such feature to work optimally and there might never be any.

When working directly source > display, the fps fluctuating range is maximum and optimal based on what source can offer and what display can accept. for ex: min:40 max: 140.
There is some AVR planned in the future with pass thru for such feature, but their range is for ex: 40-80 or 100-140 or even less +/- 10fps, so you effectively go from a 100fps range to 40, 20, 10 or none. > thus this killing the purpose of such tech.

Now to really use such tech as intented and have optimal results there is 3 options:

1) SOURCE > TV DIRECT and you split sound at source level if possible
2) SOURCE > TV DIRECT and you use TV ARC back to AVR for max DD+.
3) SOURCE > TV DIRECT and you use TV EARC back to AVR for up to any audio format. > that is actually the way the industry is going to, TV will soon be the main hub in AV setup and audio system will retrieve full sound via EARC for any connected sources to TV or any TV apps.
That is what HDMI2.1 allows: HDMI2.1 source to HDMI2.1 display works optimally for max fluctuating range and HDMI2.1 display offers eARC to HDMI2.1 AVR.

So to really use VRR/Gsync/Freesync as intended, above 3 are the only correct options.
Sure, you can wait for a device in the future that would claim passthru for such tech, but you will then limit such tech to whatever such device accepts as fluctuating range and may be in a few years they would be good enough to support the worst source and display of today
Except may be our version of it but that's not before end of 2020 at earliest.

If you bought HDMI2.1 TV today without eARC > you are an early adopter and you just get screwed by the industry, like they always screw early adopters.
If you have a pseudo or real HDMI2.1 source with Gsync/VRR/Freesync/etc... and a display that accept such tech but don't have 2.1 and eARC then you are good to get a new TV if you want full audio and you cannot split sound from source AND even if you have a new TV, you still need new AVR for eARC, this is where our devices can help, they will extract eARC from any eARC TV and forward any audio format to any AVR input that support such format.
HDfury,

How about putting such a detailed and informative feedback (about HDMI 2.1, eARC, Gsync/VRR/Freesync/etc.) on your website?

It is bound to help people know what can be done with currently available TVs (requirements to avoid getting ripped-off) and especially how your gear can help circumvent the need of an HDMI 2.1 AVR if the TV has the right requirements.

This leaves an open possibility for those hoping for a firmware update to eARC for holders of the latest high-end Samsung TVs.

Regards,

W.
post #4542 of 4915 Old 09-27-2019, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walky View Post
HDfury,

How about putting such a detailed and informative feedback (about HDMI 2.1, eARC, Gsync/VRR/Freesync/etc.) on your website?

It is bound to help people know what can be done with currently available TVs (requirements to avoid getting ripped-off) and especially how your gear can help circumvent the need of an HDMI 2.1 AVR if the TV has the right requirements.

This leaves an open possibility for those hoping for a firmware update to eARC for holders of the latest high-end Samsung TVs.

Regards,

W.

You certainly right, we just miss the time resource atm for anything else than dev and help.

post #4543 of 4915 Old 09-27-2019, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
You certainly right, we just miss the time resource atm for anything else than dev and help.
What would be even better: a FAQ section on the "Support" page of your website!

You could then refer redundant / similar questions for identical capabilities of your gear, to the FAQ via a link (if the forum rules allow it).

This FAQ could also be a gateway to your website, if well referenced for new/current AV protocols that raise questions and that you can help circumvent/avoid.

Less time-consuming repetitive posting on the forums should be appealing...

Rgds,

W.
post #4544 of 4915 Old 10-02-2019, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Question Looking for EDID dump (or config export)

If you own any of the below equipment, we are interested in getting a config export or an edid dump of it.
Thank you for your help guys.

PJ 4K :
Sony VPL-VW270 / VPL-VW570 / VPL-VW870

TV Ultra HD 4K :
Sony KD-55AF9 / KD-65AF9 / KD-55AF8 / KD-65AF8 / KD-65ZF9 / KD-75ZF9 / KD-55AG9 / KD-65AG9 / KD-77AG9 / KD-55AG8 / KD-65AG8 / KD-85ZG9 / KD-98ZG9 / KD-55A1 / KD-65A1 / KD-77A1 / KD-55XF9005 / KD-65XF9005 / KD-75XF9005 / KD-55XG9505 / KD-65XG9505 / KD-75XG9505 / KD-85XG9505

AVR :
Sony STR-ZA5000ES / STR-ZA3100ES / STR-ZA2100ES / STR-ZA1100ES
Denon AVC-X8500H / AVC-X6500H / AVR-X4500H / AVR-X3600H
Marantz AV8805 / AV7705 / SR8012 / SR7013 / SR6013 / SR6014
Arcam AVR390 / AVR550 / AVR850 / AVR860
Lexicon MC-10 / RV-9 / RV-6
Trinnov Altitude32 / Altitude62
Pioneer VSX-LX304 / VSX-LX504
Onkyo TX-RZ740 / TX-RZ840
Integra DRX-4.3 / DRX-3.3
pixphipau likes this.

post #4545 of 4915 Old 10-02-2019, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 61
I have a 55a1 ,tell me what to do and ill send it to you
post #4546 of 4915 Old 10-03-2019, 06:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixphipau View Post
I have a 55a1 ,tell me what to do and ill send it to you
Just a config export as per usermanual p43, or an EDID dump. both need to run Windows GUI while display connected at Vertex output.
Once you have config export .TXT file, or EDID dump .BIN file, you can attach it in your reply.

If anyone have A9F or A9G TV its welcome too.

post #4547 of 4915 Old 10-11-2019, 11:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up Imax enhanced & ALLM

IMAX and ALLM confirmed working on all units in AUTOMIX mode and IMAX confirmed working with all Custom EDID providing FULL AUDIO. We might soon update Custom EDID list to add ALLM support to all 4K ones.

post #4548 of 4915 Old 10-13-2019, 11:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
If you own any of the below equipment, we are interested in getting a config export or an edid dump of it.
Thank you for your help guys...
Here is my config file and EDID .bin file (SONY KD-55A1)

Polve
Attached Files
File Type: txt Sony KD-55A1 Config.txt (7.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: zip Sony KD-55A1 EDID.zip (369 Bytes, 4 views)
HDfury likes this.
post #4549 of 4915 Old 10-14-2019, 01:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by polve View Post
Here is my config file and EDID .bin file (SONY KD-55A1)

Polve
Thanx ! much appreciated !

post #4550 of 4915 Old 10-14-2019, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking Extract Full Audio from VRR signal

[BREAKTHROUGH]

We managed to extract full audio from a VRR signal and forward it to any AVR input > World First !

This cannot be implemented on any current unit, but some special VRR edition of current hardware might be possible.
aguy and Viscious82 like this.

post #4551 of 4915 Old 10-14-2019, 06:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 68
If anyone us looking for a Vertex, I have a slightly used one for sale in the classified section. It's in like new condition and comes with the JVC macro adapter.
post #4552 of 4915 Old 10-15-2019, 04:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nohjy View Post
If anyone us looking for a Vertex, I have a slightly used one for sale in the classified section. It's in like new condition and comes with the JVC macro adapter.

We have buy/sell channel on our discord support server, you can post ad there too.

post #4553 of 4915 Old 10-19-2019, 05:29 PM

Hi could someone explain to me if you can switch source output using a vertex connected through a goblue via Bluetooth
If you can how do you do it ?

post #4554 of 4915 Old 10-19-2019, 11:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi could someone explain to me if you can switch source output using a vertex connected through a goblue via Bluetooth
If you can how do you do it ?

You want to switch input or something else ? because "switch source output" seems weird, can you elaborate a bit please.

post #4555 of 4915 Old 10-20-2019, 12:50 AM

I have an lg tv and jvc projector and I want to be able the output simultaneous streams this works fine but i want to be able specify with which unit it handshakes with my pc if that make sense

post #4556 of 4915 Old 10-20-2019, 01:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Your options on the mobile app are the following you see on my screenshot below.
First 2 switch input 0 or 1 respectively to both outputs.
Matrix connects one input to one output, straight through (top in to top out and same with bottoms) or crossed (top in to bottom out and vice versa).
Take a look at rhe manual page 81 for illustration of the concept.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13...page=81#manual

As for handshaking with pc - what do you want to achieve there?
As I understand it, the point of having vertex in the chain is to make hdmi sinks to handshake individually with the vertex and that can be completely disconnected from source edid if so needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D883A469-CCF8-4656-9160-35D455804F6B_1571559854087.png
Views:	13
Size:	143.7 KB
ID:	2629598  

Last edited by priitv8; 10-20-2019 at 01:45 AM.
post #4557 of 4915 Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2865 Post(s)
Liked: 2730
Quote:
I have an lg tv and jvc projector and I want to be able the output simultaneous streams this works fine but i want to be able specify with which unit it handshakes with my pc if that make sense
Is this a newer LG 4K TV that supports HDR10, Dolby Vision, and HLG?

I had a JVC RS500 and LG B7A OLED connected to Vertex outputs.

If I wanted to output to both simultaneously, I configured the Vertex to Custom EDID 11 - 4K60 4:4:4 600MHz HDR BT2020 All Sound. This prevents a player from sending Dolby Vision which my JVC does not support.

If I wanted output to the JVC only, I leave it at the same EDID 11 and power off the LG.

If I wanted output to the LG only, I powered off the JVC and then switched to Custom EDID 2 - Custom Default (FULL + LG DV) so that players will output Dolby Vision.

I used Custom EDIDs because I found Automix would sometimes fail if I turned on my LG while my JVC was already displaying HDR10 content. Or turned on my JVC while my LG was already playing Dolby Vision content. The failure that sometimes occurred would be my JVC reporting either an Invalid Signal, a Pink screen that indicated it was receiving Dolby Vision, or a Black screen with horizontal static-like lines which meant I needed to restart the JVC; something I don't like to do.
MBullen likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti

Last edited by claw; 10-20-2019 at 08:21 AM.
post #4558 of 4915 Old 10-20-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priitv8 View Post
Your options on the mobile app are the following you see on my screenshot below.
First 2 switch input 0 or 1 respectively to both outputs.
Matrix connects one input to one output, straight through (top in to top out and same with bottoms) or crossed (top in to bottom out and vice versa).
Take a look at rhe manual page 81 for illustration of the concept.

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/13...page=81#manual

As for handshaking with pc - what do you want to achieve there?
As I understand it, the point of having vertex in the chain is to make hdmi sinks to handshake individually with the vertex and that can be completely disconnected from source edid if so needed.

Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for now all I need to do is add this to my harmony setup and I am sweet switching between sources : )

post #4559 of 4915 Old 10-21-2019, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 200 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
[BREAKTHROUGH]

We managed to extract full audio from a VRR signal and forward it to any AVR input > World First !

This cannot be implemented on any current unit, but some special VRR edition of current hardware might be possible.
Does this still allow the vrr video signal to work properly?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #4560 of 4915 Old 10-21-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Thank you that is exactly what I was looking for now all I need to do is add this to my harmony setup and I am sweet switching between sources : )

Just to clarify trying to achieve which unit sinks with the pc because if I use the projector I run hdr to sdr and if I run the lg I need Hdr on and currently in my setup hdr is permanently on

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page