HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 156 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1205Likes

post #4651 of 4945 Old 11-20-2019, 05:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 711 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5629 Post(s)
Liked: 1703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
I updated the steps to get Vertex ARC working in my post above. Was able to simplify it slightly but it's still a pain. I suspect this procedure is required to reset or re-establish handshake with the Vertex every time the TV is powered on.

You can choose to blame the TV manufacturer if you like but the fact is that ARC is working fine on this Sony TV with both my Denon Receiver and cheap ViewHD ARC audio extractor I picked up on Amazon. Neither of those devices requires me to touch anything on the TV. I just turn on the TV, start the streaming app, and I have working ARC audio every single time. Only the Vertex requires I jump through hoops to get it working every time I turn on the TV. That tells me you have some compatibility or handshaking issue that could be improved with both Vertex and Integral. If you would like to continue working on this for a future Vertex firmware update, please send me a PM and we can go from there. Thanks.
TV manufacturers should be blamed when they deserve to be blamed, and talking about ARC/eARC implementation there is a lot to say, like brand new C9 owners having to wait Q2 2020 promised update to get LPCM working.
Anyway, the issue you mention here might come from recent update, so I would check older firmware version, there might be something broken for ARC on latest one as unit memory being full it has been a fight for freeing resources on all latest firmware.
We will check it there too in the next days.

This being said, keep in mind that in ARC, TV have the lead, so it's TV that decides when to negotiate ARC and when to release it and our devices deal with way more complex situation than what you described above and in a different way.
Because in our situation we have to manage between sound exceeding ARC limitation that user "intend" to route to AVR via HDMI and sound within ARC bandwidth that user can route back from TV.
If I recall well that was a FW addition at some point, so in your case, you prolly need older firmware that does not try to balance between hdmi input and TV ARC (and apparently made hdmi input mandatory), so you can use it for ARC only.

The root cause is that no matter what the situation is, TV request ARC and vertex complies and that’s it
Then if hbr bitstream coming to tv tries to get routed back and of course won’t work via arc
Means user is expecting that hdmi input sound is played but tv decided otherwise
Then once you make a manual input selection once then tv and vertex are back in sync and issue disappears
Manual input selection is either selecting source using tv remote via cec or choosing vertex input
Issue is present only if the hdmi input is hbr bitstream. Because all other can be routed back via arc then customer doesn’t see any issues even in startup
For this reason on new generation hardware the webserver have options for arc routing. You can force the input audio even if tv requested arc but none of that is very convenient because then audio is stuck to hdmi input always
And user must always choose once what he is watching in powerup if using arc
Earc does not have the issue (except for lpcm multichannel in Lg since lg doesn’t work for routing it back yet)

It’s just that tv requests arc whenever it sees a logical address of audio system
Nothing we can do there
If we had configured input audio at that point it will get overridden by tv
What happens is very normal and logical.
The entire system cannot know what user is intending to do
Normally all is good because input audio is not hbr
But when hbr then system fails
Same thing is a problem with avrs that's why they have input selection.

EDIT: Just checked and yes there is an issue in ARC on latest FW, will push an update using latest Diva/Vertex2 routines once we managed to free some memory resources.

EDIT2: See PM, sent test FW
Wizziwig likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-20-2019 at 06:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4652 of 4945 Old 11-21-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2348 Post(s)
Liked: 1634
ARC working great on test FW. Your customer service is much appreciated and thank you for still supporting these older devices.

Don't currently have anything connected to the Vertex HDMI inputs so will do more extensive testing on weekend to make sure everything else still works fine.
post #4653 of 4945 Old 11-21-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
ARC working great on test FW. Your customer service is much appreciated and thank you for still supporting these older devices.

Don't currently have anything connected to the Vertex HDMI inputs so will do more extensive testing on weekend to make sure everything else still works fine.
Yes good and sorry for the long discussion, we should have verified right way. let us know if you find anything else, otherwise we will push it as official update in the next days for Vertex1 and Integral2.
Wizziwig likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4654 of 4945 Old 11-23-2019, 05:40 AM
NXR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Yes, this GUI screenshot is good.

FPGA 1min is ok, MCU should be just a couple of secs. I would re install driver.
go in program files (if installed Drivers MUST appear here), remove any reference to Silabs, silicon laboratories, usbxpress. reboot computer, reinstall driver, reboot, connect Vertex, wait for usb notification sound from windows and finally proceed with MCU Update.
ok, so I have finally found the drivers in settings and removed and reinstalled everything. MCU was quick however I am still getting the same issue when opening the GUI. Could it have anything to do with security/permissions? Given the device works fine on the other computer I think it has to be a software/driver issue...

When I disconnect the device from the computer the GUI opens up fine with the 'please connect device' message (attached), but once i connect it again it just freezes up.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertex.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	2644452  

Last edited by NXR; 11-23-2019 at 05:44 AM.
post #4655 of 4945 Old 11-23-2019, 06:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
ok, so I have finally found the drivers in settings and removed and reinstalled everything. MCU was quick however I am still getting the same issue when opening the GUI. Could it have anything to do with security/permissions? Given the device works fine on the other computer I think it has to be a software/driver issue...

When I disconnect the device from the computer the GUI opens up fine with the 'please connect device' message (attached), but once i connect it again it just freezes up.
May be that other computer have some part already using similar chipset and they are in conflict, did you try with USB hub in between ?

post #4656 of 4945 Old 11-23-2019, 07:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Talking 30% OFF on EVERYTHING

Black Friday starts now, till end of the month.

Black Friday week is starting now and will continue till the end of the month.
This year, we have created a 30% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog. However there is one drawback, it is only available for the first 100 purchase. So hurry up !

Coupon code to use in shopping cart: BLACK30
gsr and Bytehoven like this.

post #4657 of 4945 Old 11-24-2019, 09:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 1612 Post(s)
Liked: 1277
Quote:
Black Friday starts now, till end of the month.

Black Friday week is starting now and will continue till the end of the month.
This year, we have created a 30% OFF coupon code that you can use to purchase anything from our catalog. However there is one drawback, it is only available for the first 100 purchase. So hurry up !

Coupon code to use in shopping cart: BLACK30
Thank you @HDfury ... xmas came early here, and I was very impressed with the fast DHL shipping.

@HDfury ...

When loading an EDID .bin file into an available slot, is there any way to confirm what's in the slot later? Can the slot be renamed?

If I accidentally load an .EDID .bin into an already used slot like the Sony A1 EDID, what steps can I take to restore the original EDID? Is doing a RESET enough?

Thank and happy holidays!

JVC DLA-X990 - 128" 2.35 1.3 Gain Screen - Vertex2 - X800M2 - UB820 - ATV4K64 - ROKU Ultra - PS4 - XBone
7.1.4 Atmos - Denon X4300H + Denon 3806(LCR) - JBL Control 5 - BIC Sub - Dayton
post #4658 of 4945 Old 11-24-2019, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bytehoven View Post
Thank you @HDfury ... xmas came early here, and I was very impressed with the fast DHL shipping.

@HDfury...

When loading an EDID .bin file into an available slot, is there any way to confirm what's in the slot later? Can the slot be renamed?

If I accidentally load an .EDID .bin into an already used slot like the Sony A1 EDID, what steps can I take to restore the original EDID? Is doing a RESET enough?

Thank and happy holidays!

Thank you !

Currently you cannot rename a slot, some users asked for it and we will add that on new generation, we cannot add it on Vertex1/Integral2 because memory is full on those devices.
Confirmation of successful or unsuccessful update appears in Windows GUI status (bottom left)

If you want to restore default EDID settings, there is a special option for that in GUI > CONFIG > RESET TO FACTORY DEFAULT > EDID FACTORY SETTINGS
So if you select just EDID factory settings, it will restore all EDID to default and won't change any other settings.
If you check CLEAR ALL SETTINGS TO FACTORY DEFAULTS, it will clear any settings AND all EDID.
Similarly if you update firmware, all settings are restored to factory default and all EDID. (you might want to EXPORT CONFIG before update, and IMPORT IT BACK after update, to restore your settings, however, custom EDID are NOT stored in config file so any custom EDID you have uploaded yourself will need to reuploaded after firmware update).

post #4659 of 4945 Old 11-24-2019, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 2640
Quote:
Currently you cannot rename a slot, some users asked for it and we will add that on new generation, we cannot add it on Vertex1/Integral2 because memory is full on those devices.
Confirmation of successful or unsuccessful update appears in Windows GUI status (bottom left)
I don’t think the user should need to “rename” a slot; it should display the name of the EDID that has been loaded.

The Windows GUI shows both Port 0 and Port 1, neither of which is highlighted even if you select it (and move the mouse pointer away).

Does the selected custom EDID get loaded into both slots?

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
post #4660 of 4945 Old 11-24-2019, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I don’t think the user should need to “rename” a slot; it should display the name of the EDID that has been loaded.

The Windows GUI shows both Port 0 and Port 1, neither of which is highlighted even if you select it (and move the mouse pointer away).

Does the selected custom EDID get loaded into both slots?
Renamed or display EDID name is basically the same thing, if you can do one, you can do the other, but you need available memory to do any of them.

Port0 and Port1 allow you to select different EDID for each port, the selection is made from the same original list of 100 EDID banks (10 first custom banks can be overwritten by users)
So if you upload a custom EDID for slot 9 for ex, then you can assign that edid to either port0 or port1 or both, as you prefer.

I'm not sure what you mean by " neither of which is highlighted even if you select it (and move the mouse pointer away)." > may be you mean the choice is grayed out in your GUI ? if that's what you mean, then that's because you have forced a choice using EDID slide switches (either Automix or Fixed position, but not middle), to allow GUI Changes, Slide switches must be on mid/custom position, then GUI is not grayed out and selection can be made from GUI.
This you can see in real time, just move slide switches when GUI is open and you will see that any thing except middle position, will gray out option in GUI.

post #4661 of 4945 Old 11-24-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 189 Post(s)
Quoted: 6277 Post(s)
Liked: 2640
Quote:
Port0 and Port1 allow you to select different EDID for each port, the selection is made from the same original list of 100 EDID banks (10 first custom banks can be overwritten by users)
So if you upload a custom EDID for slot 9 for ex, then you can assign that edid to either port0 or port1 or both, as you prefer.
I do understand that, although it's strange that Port0 and Port1 use slightly different descriptions for the same slot (see Slot 8 as an example)

What is not clear to me, is when the GUI shows (as an example) Slot 7 for Port 0 and Slot 8 for Port 1, and I select "Load from File", does that get loaded into Slot 7, 8, or both.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vertex_Slot8.png
Views:	287
Size:	257.8 KB
ID:	2645162  

JVC DLA-X550R; Denon AVR-X3400H; HD Fury Linker / Vertex 2; ATV4K; Sony UBP-X700
JVC Curves; Optimizing HDR;
Creating a basic HDR curve using Arve’s Tool;
Replacing JVC Bare Bulbs
post #4662 of 4945 Old 11-24-2019, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic Chan View Post
I do understand that, although it's strange that Port0 and Port1 use slightly different descriptions for the same slot (see Slot 8 as an example)

What is not clear to me, is when the GUI shows (as an example) Slot 7 for Port 0 and Slot 8 for Port 1, and I select "Load from File", does that get loaded into Slot 7, 8, or both.
Ok I missed your question fully then

the slight difference in descriptions "Custom Default EDID 8" and "Custom EDID 8" is a typo from us, will be corrected on next update.

About your question, that I finally understand now, sorry for that ... PORT 0 selector is the one that have the lead for EDID upload.
Dominic Chan likes this.

post #4663 of 4945 Old 11-25-2019, 02:45 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hey guys lots to read through. Wondering if this now supports allm and vrr (Samsung Q9FN) for xbox one x plugged in through an atmos avr or sound bar?

Thanks
post #4664 of 4945 Old 11-26-2019, 05:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megaman416 View Post
Hey guys lots to read through. Wondering if this now supports allm and vrr (Samsung Q9FN) for xbox one x plugged in through an atmos avr or sound bar?

Thanks
ALLM supported by all our devices.

VRR > no device in the middle can support it currently. (except for X1X VRR 1080p120 which strangely send 1080p120 fixed without any variations)

post #4665 of 4945 Old 11-26-2019, 01:10 PM
NXR

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
May be that other computer have some part already using similar chipset and they are in conflict, did you try with USB hub in between ?
Yeah tried the usb hub and it didnt work, not sure what else to do
post #4666 of 4945 Old 11-26-2019, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXR View Post
Yeah tried the usb hub and it didnt work, not sure what else to do
That is a first then, can you give the exact brand/model of your computer please.

post #4667 of 4945 Old 11-28-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

VRR > no device in the middle can support it currently. (except for X1X VRR 1080p120 which strangely send 1080p120 fixed without any variations)
By chance is there anything in the works that will enable vrr in future?
post #4668 of 4945 Old 11-28-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
By chance is there anything in the works that will enable vrr in future?

We have done it in lab but not yet enough requests to make a production, if that does not change, then the first solution for this will be end of 2020 with HDMI2.1

post #4669 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Is the integral 2 the cheapest device I could get for this purpose? 4k 60hz 4:2:2 10 bit, ALLM and ATMOS passthrough?

Pretty much plug and play? Other than the screen the integral 2 and vertex have the same functionality?
post #4670 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks

Is the integral 2 the cheapest device I could get for this purpose? 4k 60hz 4:2:2 10 bit, ALLM and ATMOS passthrough?

Pretty much plug and play? Other than the screen the integral 2 and vertex have the same functionality?
Sorry meant atmos to ARC.

Thanks
post #4671 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:

Thanks
XBox to integral 2 than split one to tv input and the other to ARC input on tv.

Thanks
post #4672 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 07:28 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
We have done it in lab but not yet enough requests to make a production, if that does not change, then the first solution for this will be end of 2020 with HDMI2.1
Make an avr key gamer edition that can support at least 4k @60 hz,1440p @120 hz, 1080p @120 hz, vrr and Allm. Give it a good price and it will sell. You got my vote.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #4673 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 08:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:

Thanks

What you want to do with ARC is not clear, please try to elaborate a bit.
In all cases, if your AVR or soundsystem does not support DD+ via optical IN, then Integral2 cannot help here, you need Vertex2/Maestro or Diva to extract any ARC/eARC and forward to any AVR INPUT.

post #4674 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
Make an avr key gamer edition that can support at least 4k @60 hz,1440p @120 hz, 1080p @120hz, vrr and Allm. Give it a good price and it will sell. You got my vote.

All that already supported except VRR for which there is no solution until HDMI 2.1 that will be end of 2020 only.
Viscious82 likes this.

post #4675 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 201 Post(s)
Liked: 62
Quote:
All that already supported except VRR for which there is no solution until HDMI 2.1 that will be end of 2020 only.
Vrr is the big one. Would a 2.1 device be backwards compatible with tv's that support vrr via hdmi 2.0?

post #4676 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 09:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viscious82 View Post
Vrr is the big one. Would a 2.1 device be backwards compatible with tv's that support vrr via hdmi 2.0?

Yes it should be.

post #4677 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:

Thanks

What you want to do with ARC is not clear, please try to elaborate a bit.
In all cases, if your AVR or soundsystem does not support DD+ via optical IN, then Integral2 cannot help here, you need Vertex2/Maestro or Diva to extract any ARC/eARC and forward to any AVR INPUT.
Hardware - Samsung Q9FN TV, Vizio Atmos Sound Bar and Xbox One X.

HDMI from Xbox One X to your device either Integral 2 or Vertex 4K.

Two hdmi out from your device (Integral 2 or Vertex 4K), one to Vizio Atmos Sound Bar for Atmos sound (Vizio Sound Bar will be connected to tv via ARC) and the other to the Q9FN TV hdmi in for video.

Will this support:

Video - 4k 60hz 10 bit and ALLM but not VRR on video to the Q9FN?

Audio - Atmos sound from the Xbox One X?

Can I use either the Integral 2 or do I need the Vertex 4K?

Is this plug and play?

Thanks
post #4678 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 12:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Two hdmi out from your device (Integral 2 or Vertex 4K), one to Vizio Atmos Sound Bar for Atmos sound (Vizio Sound Bar will be connected to tv via ARC) and the other to the Q9FN TV hdmi in for video.

Will this support:

Is this plug and play?

Thanks

Yes so sound bar get ARC from TV directly, so above ARC question is unrelated to our device here.

In this case, yes that will work and plug'n play but only if you order from HDfury.com, if you order from any other place, you will more likely need to update firmware at arrival.
Also plug'n play here is assuming that the soundbar does not stupidly copy TV EDID and present capabilities at input that exceed what it can handle.

Soundbar to TOP OUT
TV to BOTTOM OUT

SCALE SLIDE on AUTOSCALING
EDID SLIDE on AUTOMIX or CUSTOM

post #4679 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Will this support:

Is this plug and play?

Thanks

Yes so sound bar get ARC from TV directly, so above ARC question is unrelated to our device here.

In this case, yes that will work and plug'n play but only if you order from HDfury.com, if you order from any other place, you will more likely need to update firmware at arrival.
Also plug'n play here is assuming that the soundbar does not stupidly copy TV EDID and present capabilities at input that exceed what it can handle.

Soundbar to TOP OUT
TV to BOTTOM OUT

Can I do this with the Integral 2 or do I need the Vertex 4K?
post #4680 of 4945 Old 11-29-2019, 02:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 2934 Post(s)
Liked: 2821
Quote:

Will this support:

Is this plug and play?

Thanks
Quote:

Soundbar to TOP OUT
TV to BOTTOM OUT

I think this was a question for XBox audio to the soundbar, not just TV Arc audio. I think most TVs either don't support ARC audio for HDMI input signals or the audio is limited to stereo.

I you split the XBox output with the HDfury device, you need to make sure your soundbar supports the type of video signal that the XBox outputs. The Vertex and Integral2 do not have audio-only HDMI outputs. In most cases, you can have the Vertex downscale the video input to some format that your soundbar can accept while preserving the audio.

If you want a device that has a true audio-only output, the Vertex2 has that.

I assume your soundbar can accept the Atmos sound format output from the XBox. I believe it to be Dolby MAT Atmos like the Apple TV outputs, but I could be mistaken.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page