HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 164 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1200Likes

post #4891 of 4915 Old 05-18-2020, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 688 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5447 Post(s)
Liked: 1585
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Do I need to be connect to source and display when I export that, or can I take the device over to my windows machine and just export it that way? (I dont have a windows machine in the same room as the source and display.)
Yes you need to do it when signal is passing thru then if there is something not right we will see it immediately.
This is why new generation is way more easy with webserver, you can reach it any time from any device.
nathan_h likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4892 of 4915 Old 05-18-2020, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2860 Post(s)
Liked: 2728
I found that with ATV4K:

4K60 Dolby Vision
Match Dynamic Range: OFF
Match Frame Rate: OFF

There is no JVC syncing or blank screen when switching between content and menus. Everything is 4K60 LLDV.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti

Last edited by claw; 05-19-2020 at 07:56 AM.
post #4893 of 4915 Old 05-19-2020, 06:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 46 Post(s)
Quoted: 2973 Post(s)
Liked: 2083
Thanks. I can see where that would work well if you want to see everything converted to DV and output as LLDV.

I prefer to keep SDR as SDR since at least half my content originates in that format, the projector is less loud that way since I use low lamp for SDR and high lamp for HDR, the black floor is lower (ibid), and the gamma is even more accurate. But I realize this opens me up to issues like I am describing.

--

I'm not sure what the "no input" OSD is.

My current setup.
Recommended podcasts: The Next Picture Show, the /filmcast, AV Rant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4894 of 4915 Old 05-19-2020, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 2860 Post(s)
Liked: 2728
Quote:
I'm not sure what the "no input" OSD is.
That's because the original Vertex does not have it. Never mind.
nathan_h likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500 | LG B7A OLED | Denon X6400H (7.2.4) | X4200W | Panasonic UB820 | Two Oppo 203 | Samsung K8500 | Apple TV 4K | Amazon Fire TV Stick 4K | HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral | MadVR with EVGA RTX-2080 Ti
post #4895 of 4915 Old 05-22-2020, 09:18 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Hello.

Allow me a beginners question

How can i understand from vertex GUI if the source signal includes HDR10+ or Dolby Vision?
I am not interested in scaling at all. Just identifying the source signal properly.

Do i need a specific fw version for that?

Thanks in advance.

Zapitti Pro 4K HDR | Nvidia Shield 2019 | Apple TV 4K | Dune Solo 4K | HTPC (Nvidia RTX2060) | PS4
Benq w6000 | Lumagen XD-3D | HDFury Vertex | Panasonic 4K 603 50”
Marantz SR7011 | Crystal Audio THX SE 2 (3.0) | Boston Acoustics 260 (SR) | Crystal Audio THX-12 Sub | Crystal Audio BPS (ATMOS)
post #4896 of 4915 Old 05-22-2020, 09:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadergr View Post
Hello.

Allow me a beginners question

How can i understand from vertex GUI if the source signal includes HDR10+ or Dolby Vision?
I am not interested in scaling at all. Just identifying the source signal properly.

Do i need a specific fw version for that?

Thanks in advance.
Normal DV travel in RGB 8b format, HDR10+ travels in 420 10b or 422 12b

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #4897 of 4915 Old 05-22-2020, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Normal DV travel in RGB 8b format, HDR10+ travels in 420 10b or 422 12b
Thanks.
And how can I distinguish HDR from HDR10+ ?
Is there any other display label/information from Vertex GUI other than SMPTE (it says SDR when no HDR is detected for example) when in HDR10+ ?

Zapitti Pro 4K HDR | Nvidia Shield 2019 | Apple TV 4K | Dune Solo 4K | HTPC (Nvidia RTX2060) | PS4
Benq w6000 | Lumagen XD-3D | HDFury Vertex | Panasonic 4K 603 50”
Marantz SR7011 | Crystal Audio THX SE 2 (3.0) | Boston Acoustics 260 (SR) | Crystal Audio THX-12 Sub | Crystal Audio BPS (ATMOS)
post #4898 of 4915 Old 05-22-2020, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vadergr View Post
Thanks.
And how can I distinguish HDR from HDR10+ ?
Is there any other display label/information from Vertex GUI other than SMPTE (it says SDR when no HDR is detected for example) when in HDR10+ ?
No, you need new generation Vertex2/Diva/Maestro if you want oled/osd and info to mention if signal is HDR/HLG/HDR10+/DV/LLDV/SDR/etc...
Using Vertex1 you have to know from signal type and derivate (AVI infoframe, metadata, VSI) which is not hard for people who understand how those signals travel.
vadergr likes this.

post #4899 of 4915 Old 05-25-2020, 10:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Question from owners. I have been successfully using a Vertex to send 4K HDR from an XB1X to my TCL R617 while sending a 1080p signal to my legacy Marantz 8801 for audio. Autoselect EDID and Autoscaling settings with no issues. However, I cannot get DV from the XB1X to the TCL through the Vertex. XB1X directly to the TCL via the same 8k rated 15ft cable DOES yield DV. But when going through the Vertex the XB1X says the TCL does not support DV. I’ve swapped the 3ft Monoprice high speed cable from XB to Vertex with a 3ft 8K rated one and no change. I’m not very technical but did go into the GUI and clicked on Force DV metadata and no change. HDFury support was super fast but simply stated the TCL didn’t support DV and did recommend that I update firmware. About to do so but wanted to see if anyone with a similar setup had any thoughts.

Thank you
post #4900 of 4915 Old 05-26-2020, 03:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN View Post
Question from owners. I have been successfully using a Vertex to send 4K HDR from an XB1X to my TCL R617 while sending a 1080p signal to my legacy Marantz 8801 for audio. Autoselect EDID and Autoscaling settings with no issues. However, I cannot get DV from the XB1X to the TCL through the Vertex. XB1X directly to the TCL via the same 8k rated 15ft cable DOES yield DV. But when going through the Vertex the XB1X says the TCL does not support DV. I’ve swapped the 3ft Monoprice high speed cable from XB to Vertex with a 3ft 8K rated one and no change. I’m not very technical but did go into the GUI and clicked on Force DV metadata and no change. HDFury support was super fast but simply stated the TCL didn’t support DV and did recommend that I update firmware. About to do so but wanted to see if anyone with a similar setup had any thoughts.

Thank you
Well it's not difficult, if you export config, there is EDID in it, if there is EDID then we can tell if it have DV support or not, if it does not have DV support then you are probably not using X1X with the same input or you are not getting DV from it...

Easy test is use copy sink edid mode, so that you have 1:1 copy of display edid and see if that changes anything, but if you can just post config, it's pretty easy to tell if your TV EDID have DV support or not.

post #4901 of 4915 Old 05-27-2020, 10:20 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1413 Post(s)
Liked: 922
Not sure what the problem is.

I can't update my GUI now, and because of that, I get this tiny GUI that is unusable, and always reads "writing busy" now.

When I try to update the GUI, I get "Unable to flush file folders," and my computer warns me of malicious software threats. A quick google search says I need the an act of Congress to remove this from my computer.

What has this Vertex file done to my computer?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #4902 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 01:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post

I can't update my GUI now, and because of that, I get this tiny GUI that is unusable, and always reads "writing busy" now.

When I try to update the GUI, I get "Unable to flush file folders," and my computer warns me of malicious software threats. A quick google search says I need the an act of Congress to remove this from my computer.

Vertex file cannot do anything to your computer, so you can relax.

To fix gui display, you just have to refer to the first lines of the README.txt that comes with any firmware update and apply those instruction (i think instructions for this are also posted on the first post of this thread)

GUI is an utility software, so you can run it or not, but you cannot "update it", what you can update is your vertex MCU and FPGA and if GUI report "writing busy" it is either that you are not using the right directory or that your firmware on Vertex is way too old.

Whatever your computer report as "malicious software threats" is just a false positive, so you can discard it completely, all AV softwares will flag any non popular download as possible threats, that's how clever those AV softwares really are.

Also make sure you unzip firmware update package, from what you wrote, i'm not even sure that you have unzip the firmware update zip file.

Now about the process, it's quite simple:

1. if you have WIN10, you just have to connect Vertex to computer and WIN10 will install driver from internet, once done, you just proceed with [3.9.2] directory and update MCU and FPGA, then powercycle (remove/reconnect USB) and wait 15sec for OLED to come back on and then you can use GUI.

2. If you installed other drivers manually, then you need to either use the right directory for the driver you installed, or just remove any reference to silabs, silicon laboratories, USBxpress from your program files, reboot computer without Vertex attached and then you are back and ready to do step 1.

post #4903 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 07:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:

Vertex file cannot do anything to your computer, so you can relax.

To fix gui display, you just have to refer to the first lines of the README.txt that comes with any firmware update and apply those instruction (i think instructions for this are also posted on the first post of this thread)

GUI is an utility software, so you can run it or not, but you cannot "update it", what you can update is your vertex MCU and FPGA and if GUI report "writing busy" it is either that you are not using the right directory or that your firmware on Vertex is way too old.

Whatever your computer report as "malicious software threats" is just a false positive, so you can discard it completely, all AV softwares will flag any non popular download as possible threats, that's how clever those AV softwares really are.

Also make sure you unzip firmware update package, from what you wrote, i'm not even sure that you have unzip the firmware update zip file.

Now about the process, it's quite simple:

1. if you have WIN10, you just have to connect Vertex to computer and WIN10 will install driver from internet, once done, you just proceed with [3.9.2] directory and update MCU and FPGA, then powercycle (remove/reconnect USB) and wait 15sec for OLED to come back on and then you can use GUI.

2. If you installed other drivers manually, then you need to either use the right directory for the driver you installed, or just remove any reference to silabs, silicon laboratories, USBxpress from your program files, reboot computer without Vertex attached and then you are back and ready to do step 1.
Ok.

When I extract the mcu and attempt to update the firmware on the MCU, that when I get "Unable to flush file buffers.".

I'll look at it again with those instructions you provided. Thanks.

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #4904 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 07:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok.

When I extract the mcu and attempt to update the firmware on the MCU, that when I get "Unable to flush file buffers.".

You don't have to extract the MCU updater, you have to extract the whole directory, then you will see one directory for 3.9.2 and one for 4.0.0.
so if you installed 4.0.0 drivers manually you use 4.0.0 directory and if you let WIN10 install driver from internet automatically (by just connecting unit to WIN10 computer by USB) then you use 3.9.2 directory.

If you are unsure, you just remove driver from program file and if you have WIN10, you reboot, connect unit, let win10 install driver and use 3.9.2 directory.

If you still have issue, please start by taking a screenshot of the directory you are using to run the update, so we can make sure you have initially first correctly extract all files from the ZIP archive. (right click > UNZIP or EXTRACT)

-----------------

Below is a video for AVR-Key that show how to download, extract, install driver and update firmware.
Basically it is similar for Vertex, except that if you never installed any drivers, you can just proceed directly with 3.9.2 directory, here it show install of 4.0.0 driver.

Dave Vaughn likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 05-28-2020 at 07:59 AM.
post #4905 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 08:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Ok.

You don't have to extract the MCU updater, you have to extract the whole directory, then you will see one directory for 3.9.2 and one for 4.0.0.
so if you installed 4.0.0 drivers manually you use 4.0.0 directory and if you let WIN10 install driver from internet automatically (by just connecting unit to WIN10 computer by USB) then you use 3.9.2 directory.

If you are unsure, you just remove driver from program file and if you have WIN10, you reboot, connect unit, let win10 install driver and use 3.9.2 directory.

If you still have issue, please start by taking a screenshot of the directory you are using to run the update, so we can make sure you have initially first correctly extract all files from the ZIP archive. (right click > UNZIP or EXTRACT)

-----------------

Below is a video for AVR-Key that show how to download, extract, install driver and update firmware.
Basically it is similar for Vertex, except that if you never installed any drivers, you can just proceed directly with 3.9.2 directory, here it show install of 4.0.0 driver.

I'll give it another go. I always have used the 3.9.2 directory. I've had the Vertex a long time and just started having this buffer problem.

I've never seen that issue with my old Linker or this Vertex.

post #4906 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I'll give it another go. I always have used the 3.9.2 directory. I've had the Vertex a long time and just started having this buffer problem.

I've never seen that issue with my old Linker or this Vertex.
If you think unit is bricked somehow, then you can easily fix it this way:

1. make sure Vertex is not connected to computer
2. open MCU udpater (or FPGA) and be ready to click UPDATE.
3. Connect Vertex to computer and immediately (as fast as possible) click update as soon as usb cable is inserted.
4. if needed repeat the same steps for the other updater.

Yet if your issue is just driver, then that won't help and my previous instructions will get you working.

post #4907 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 02:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If you think unit is bricked somehow, then you can easily fix it this way:

1. make sure Vertex is not connected to computer
2. open MCU udpater (or FPGA) and be ready to click UPDATE.
3. Connect Vertex to computer and immediately (as fast as possible) click update as soon as usb cable is inserted.
4. if needed repeat the same steps for the other updater.

Yet if your issue is just driver, then that won't help and my previous instructions will get you working.
OK, after a lot of effort and basically killing and reloading the drivers (I've had several over the years), I was able to get it to work on the 4.0.0 driver. I've always used 3.9.2 in the past with better luck, but now it only yields the "unable to flush buffers" response.

So it's working.

However, with the 4.0.0 driver, I can only get the very small GUI to pop up. I can make the changes because I'm so familiar with the menus, but it' all overlapped and messy.

How do I get the larger GUI? I tried updating the firmware for both the FPA an MCU, but no change in the GUI size.

post #4908 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 03:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
OK, after a lot of effort and basically killing and reloading the drivers (I've had several over the years), I was able to get it to work on the 4.0.0 driver. I've always used 3.9.2 in the past with better luck, but now it only yields the "unable to flush buffers" response.

So it's working.

However, with the 4.0.0 driver, I can only get the very small GUI to pop up. I can make the changes because I'm so familiar with the menus, but it' all overlapped and messy.

How do I get the larger GUI? I tried updating the firmware for both the FPA an MCU, but no change in the GUI size.
Answer was given just a few post above after you already asked the same question.

Quote:

post #4909 of 4915 Old 05-28-2020, 07:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Answer was given just a few post above after you already asked the same question.
Got it. Thanks.

post #4910 of 4915 Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I have been using my Vertex to force LLDV output from the ATV4k. I also strip all meta data because my JVC projector has the dreaded Gamma D and I greatly prefer to use a custom HDR curve. And I make use of the Vertex automation to switch between my SDR settings and my HDR settings.

I am about to get more complicated: I need to bypass my AV Receiver ("upgrading" to a model that claims to support 4k but only HDCP 1.4 I think so Dolby Vision is not going to pass through and I suspect HDR10 won't either, if connected without the Vertex).....essentially sending the video direct to the projector, and the audio via HDMI to the AV Receiver.

I think this is well within the capabilities of the Vertex. Please correct me if I am wrong.

---

Second step: On occasion instead of the AppleTV4k, I use a Sony 800 UHD player (no DV, just HDR10 or SDR). I'm guessing I can connect it to the second input on the Vertex and be golden. But I am not sure how to select one source versus another source on the vertex easily. Is this something that the IR remote control can do? (I have the vertex in my Harmony remote.). It appears there is a way via the remote to choose Input 1 or Input 2, so I think this is also easy. Right?

----

Currently, this is how I think I have the INPUT management set up. So I think this is good. Both inputs are showing the same EDID to the source devices.

----

I am less clear on how to output audio and video separately, or if I even need to.

I have the SCALER page in the Vertex GUI disabled.

Am I missing anything critical?

---

My testing (when I get the "new" AVR) will be to put the Vertex between the AVR and the Source devices. If that works, it makes my life easier. (Right now, the vertex is at the display. I could do a "home run" of HDMI back to the AVR, if needed, for Audio.)

----

BONUS: If the Vertex makes the HDR10 and LLDV signals (stripped of HDR meta data of course) compatible with the AVR so that it can pass them through the AVR, maybe I can actually still use the AVR for switching, and have two dedicated paths through the Vertex?

In other words, if the Vertex works between the source and AVR, and the AVR passes through what I need, I don't need to split out audio any longer ----- so can I have two "dedicated paths" in the Vertex? By this I mean: ATV4k into INPUT0 and output via OUTPUT0, and the Sony UHD player input into INPUT1 and output via OUTPUT1.....and not need to switch anything on the vertex to choose one versus the other?

My current setup.
post #4911 of 4915 Old Yesterday, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have been using my Vertex to force LLDV output from the ATV4k. I also strip all meta data because my JVC projector has the dreaded Gamma D and I greatly prefer to use a custom HDR curve. And I make use of the Vertex automation to switch between my SDR settings and my HDR settings.

I am about to get more complicated: I need to bypass my AV Receiver ("upgrading" to a model that claims to support 4k but only HDCP 1.4 I think so Dolby Vision is not going to pass through and I suspect HDR10 won't either, if connected without the Vertex).....essentially sending the video direct to the projector, and the audio via HDMI to the AV Receiver.

I think this is well within the capabilities of the Vertex. Please correct me if I am wrong.

---

Second step: On occasion instead of the AppleTV4k, I use a Sony 800 UHD player (no DV, just HDR10 or SDR). I'm guessing I can connect it to the second input on the Vertex and be golden. But I am not sure how to select one source versus another source on the vertex easily. Is this something that the IR remote control can do? (I have the vertex in my Harmony remote.). It appears there is a way via the remote to choose Input 1 or Input 2, so I think this is also easy. Right?

----

Currently, this is how I think I have the INPUT management set up. So I think this is good. Both inputs are showing the same EDID to the source devices.

----

I am less clear on how to output audio and video separately, or if I even need to.

I have the SCALER page in the Vertex GUI disabled.

Am I missing anything critical?

---

My testing (when I get the "new" AVR) will be to put the Vertex between the AVR and the Source devices. If that works, it makes my life easier. (Right now, the vertex is at the display. I could do a "home run" of HDMI back to the AVR, if needed, for Audio.)

----

BONUS: If the Vertex makes the HDR10 and LLDV signals (stripped of HDR meta data of course) compatible with the AVR so that it can pass them through the AVR, maybe I can actually still use the AVR for switching, and have two dedicated paths through the Vertex?

In other words, if the Vertex works between the source and AVR, and the AVR passes through what I need, I don't need to split out audio any longer ----- so can I have two "dedicated paths" in the Vertex? By this I mean: ATV4k into INPUT0 and output via OUTPUT0, and the Sony UHD player input into INPUT1 and output via OUTPUT1.....and not need to switch anything on the vertex to choose one versus the other?
Firmware on your screenshot is very old, please update to latest.

To split video and audio, its quite easy, connect TV to bot output and connect AVR to top output. Nothing else to do.

Ability of the AVR to pass HDR/LLDV, etc... is mostly based on its bandwidth, there is a few 18Gbps capable AVR that are HDCP1.4, those will work just fine once our device have converted HDCP for it (so between source and AVR)

Switching input can be done using GUI, push button, IR, RS232 or Android/iOS APP with GoBlue or automatically based on +5V or input priority (switching to last turned on device).

If something is greyed in GUI, it just means that the matching slide switch on the unit is NOT in middle position, slide switch set in any direction, override GUI selection, only if switch is in mid position you can make change in GUI for that setting.

Hope i have covered everything, if not let me know.

post #4912 of 4915 Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 3641 Post(s)
Liked: 2570
Quote:

To split video and audio, its quite easy, connect TV to bot output and connect AVR to top output. Nothing else to do.

Ability of the AVR to pass HDR/LLDV, etc... is mostly based on its bandwidth, there is a few 18Gbps capable AVR that are HDCP1.4, those will work just fine once our device have converted HDCP for it (so between source and AVR)

Switching input can be done using GUI, push button, IR, RS232 or Android/iOS APP with GoBlue or automatically based on +5V or input priority (switching to last turned on device).

If something is greyed in GUI, it just means that the matching slide switch on the unit is NOT in middle position, slide switch set in any direction, override GUI selection, only if switch is in mid position you can make change in GUI for that setting.

That go blue dongle can that be used with the vertex 2 ? I accidentally bought it but it cost too much to ship back.

God Bless!
A good way to test your Iris on your projector is on the Spears and Munsil disc. Go to Video processing then select Luminance Loading. Don't stare directly at the lens but on an angle and you can actually see the Iris at work.
post #4913 of 4915 Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franin View Post
That go blue dongle can that be used with the vertex 2 ? I accidentally bought it but it cost too much to ship back.
No you don't need GoBlue to control Vertex2/Diva/Maestro

It can control : Integral/Integral2/Linker/Vertex1/AVR-Key/Dr.HDMI 4K

Please note that this is Vertex1 thread.

post #4914 of 4915 Old Yesterday, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Thanks. I'm actually on the latest firmware. That screen shot is a little old.

I just read more on the AVR I am getting, and realized it only supports 2160p up to 30hz. That's not good enough for me, so I'll have to split audio and video and bypass the AVR for video.

When you say "top" and "bottom" outputs, I am not sure whether that is OUTPUT0 or OUTPUT1 on top, but here is one more question: Does it matter? Don't they both have all the same content? I guess maybe I need to dumb down the audio output to be 1080p so my AVR does not complain.....

Can I use the IR remote to enable "input priority" on the Vertex? I think that would likely work well enough I never need to manually adjust or select inputs again.

My current setup.
post #4915 of 4915 Old Yesterday, 10:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. I'm actually on the latest firmware. That screen shot is a little old.

I just read more on the AVR I am getting, and realized it only supports 2160p up to 30hz. That's not good enough for me, so I'll have to split audio and video and bypass the AVR for video.

When you say "top" and "bottom" outputs, I am not sure whether that is OUTPUT0 or OUTPUT1 on top, but here is one more question: Does it matter? Don't they both have all the same content? I guess maybe I need to dumb down the audio output to be 1080p so my AVR does not complain.....

Can I use the IR remote to enable "input priority" on the Vertex? I think that would likely work well enough I never need to manually adjust or select inputs again.
if AVR only support 4K30 then yes, output matters, because bottom out (out0) can upscale and top out (out1) can downscale. so once again, AVR must be at top output (out1), this way when you play 4K HDR/DV/etc... the bottom out going to TV will remain full video and the top output will be downscaled to fit your AVR capabilities.
If you have SCALE slide on autoscaling, then Vertex will do this automatically, you only need to force it manually to downscale, if for ex, the AVR output is going to the TV and the AVR "stupidly" as seen often, the TV edid and therefor start to advertise capabilities that exceed what it can really do.

yes you can use IR remote to enable/disable input priority and anything else.
nathan_h likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page