HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1143Likes

post #751 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 07:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
You should have used 4.0 in the first place, and also use the 64 bit installer.
Not according to the web site. When using Windows 7 and USB 3, the web site says that version 4.0 is not supported. Only Windows 10 is supported for USB 3.0 on version 4.0 of the driver (and the GUI version must match the driver version).

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	online.jpg
Views:	647
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	2321320  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 08:07 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2322
Quote:
Still no iOS app by the way...
Send your complaint to Apple as HDFury submitted it to Apple for approval a while ago now. Such is the nature of getting iOS apps released in the App Store.
post #753 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 08:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
Send your complaint to Apple as HDFury submitted it to Apple for approval a while ago now. Such is the nature of getting iOS apps released in the App Store.
No, don't attack me for complaining about this, the HdFury developers should have submitted the app in time before they started shipping the device.
CrazyEddie likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 08:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
Liked: 1634
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi Paul,
Unit is set with AUTOMIX and DV flag (mandatory for DV atm) and NO SCALING, if you need some scaling set, please wait after DV test is completed or use AUTOSCALING.
Perhaps the config file I sent was the wrong one since I had automix/dv/native-audio. In any case I loaded your config file and there is no change.

ATV4K > Vertex > LG 55C7 (4.70.07). Input and Output are both on the bottom ports.

[email protected]/DV works. [email protected]/DV and [email protected]/DV don't work. [email protected]/HDR/4.2.2 (593MHz) works.

I.e. everything is working except DV greater than 30Hz independent of bandwidth/resolution.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #755 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 09:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 586 Post(s)
Quoted: 4394 Post(s)
Liked: 1201
Quote:
Originally Posted by nathan_h View Post
Not according to the web site. When using Windows 7 and USB 3, the web site says that version 4.0 is not supported. Only Windows 10 is supported for USB 3.0 on version 4.0 of the driver (and the GUI version must match the driver version).
Any 3.0 being capable of 2.0, it's not a problem, it just means that previous generic windows USB driver for 3.0 might not work. this is when you have HUB ic on your motherboard.

Quote:
No, don't attack me for complaining about this, the HdFury developers should have submitted the app in time before they started shipping the device.
Yes we could have delayed shipping of Vertex a bit so the app are there at the same time of shipping, but i doubt most users would have preferred that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
Perhaps the config file I sent was the wrong one since I had automix/dv/native-audio. In any case I loaded your config file and there is no change.

ATV4K > Vertex > LG 55C7 (4.70.07). Input and Output are both on the bottom ports.

[email protected]/DV works. [email protected]/DV and [email protected]/DV don't work. [email protected]/HDR/4.2.2 (593MHz) works.

I.e. everything is working except DV greater than 30Hz independent of bandwidth/resolution.
Did you powercycle Vertex after config import ?
Can you resend the current config and confirm you are powering from wall plug adapter in your test, if you can or have, please try another wall plug, another power cord to rule this out of equation.
Also what is 1080p60 DV and how do you get it from ATV4K ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #756 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 09:31 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1936 Post(s)
Liked: 2322
Quote:
To be clear, I was not "attacking" you. Just pointing out that it takes a while to get iOS apps released sometimes. As @HDfury said, most customers would rather have the device sooner rather than waiting for the app release to happen.
post #757 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I am running a jvc rs400 with a Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray player. I read Manni's post in regards to enabling the 2015 jvc's to be just as good or better than the 2018 models in regards to hdr using the linker or vertex. I just have a couple of questions to make sure that I understand his post correctly.

1) I am trying to enable the dynamic iris while having hdr active. So just to clarify, the linker or vertex can keep hdr (not strip hdr) and have the dynamic iris active?

2) What would be the advantage of the Vertex over the Linker on the jvc rs400?

I apologize if this has been covered to death but I've read some conflicting posts so would just like some clarification. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
post #758 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 10:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 331 Post(s)
Quoted: 5451 Post(s)
Liked: 5656
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsmith808 View Post
I am running a jvc rs400 with a Samsung UBD-K8500 4K Blu-ray player. I read Manni's post in regards to enabling the 2015 jvc's to be just as good or better than the 2018 models in regards to hdr using the linker or vertex. I just have a couple of questions to make sure that I understand his post correctly.

1) I am trying to enable the dynamic iris while having hdr active. So just to clarify, the linker or vertex can keep hdr (not strip hdr) and have the dynamic iris active?

2) What would be the advantage of the Vertex over the Linker on the jvc rs400?

I apologize if this has been covered to death but I've read some conflicting posts so would just like some clarification. Thank you.

1) Yes you can enable the DI in HDR with both the Vertex and the Linker, you just have to check the "Disable HDR" box, which doesn't disable HDR in the content but only disables the automatic HDR mode in the projector. This has been explained in detail a few posts back. I don't like the name of the feature because I find it confusing. I tried to get HDFury to change it, but I lost that battle

2) The advantage of the Vertex is that it allows you to select the best calibration mode automatically according to the content (SDR, 3D, HDR) and even different HDR calibrations depending on the HDR metadata (useful if you use a different curve for 1000-1100nits titles and 4000nits titles for example).

I'm sure other will reply if you don't want to take my word for it .

Batch Utility V4.02 May 16 2019 to automate measurements files for madVR with support for BD Folders
post #759 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 10:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
Liked: 1634
Quote:
Did you powercycle Vertex after config import ?
Can you resend the current config and confirm you are powering from wall plug adapter in your test, if you can or have, please try another wall plug, another power cord to rule this out of equation.
Also what is 1080p60 DV and how do you get it from ATV4K ?
Yes I restarted the Vertex. I used the dc block and cable from the Vertex. I tried the dc block and cable from the Linker and of course my computer. I've tried multiple USB cables.

All formats are selected using the ATV4K Format page. Mine has 38 choices including 4K/1080p 24/25/30/50/60Hz SDR/HDR/DV which account for 30 of the choices.
Attached Files
File Type: txt vertexconfig.txt (6.7 KB, 9 views)

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #760 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Can I use the Vertex as both a Switch and a splitter? For example run both my Xbox One X and Apple TV 4k into it. Then video to my TV and audio to my soundbar?

Also will it pass CEC to both and switch automatically so I just have to power on either my Xbox or Apple TV and it turns on the sound bar and TV?
post #761 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 12:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manni01 View Post
1) Yes you can enable the DI in HDR with both the Vertex and the Linker, you just have to check the "Disable HDR" box, which doesn't disable HDR in the content but only disables the automatic HDR mode in the projector. This has been explained in detail a few posts back. I don't like the name of the feature because I find it confusing. I tried to get HDFury to change it, but I lost that battle

2) The advantage of the Vertex is that it allows you to select the best calibration mode automatically according to the content (SDR, 3D, HDR) and even different HDR calibrations depending on the HDR metadata (useful if you use a different curve for 1000-1100nits titles and 4000nits titles for example).

I'm sure other will reply if you don't want to take my word for it .
Thank you very much for clarifying. I really appreciate what you have done for the "old" jvc projector owners. I have full trust in what you are saying. It was more so my own brain needing it broken down to be 100% certain I was reading your explanation correctly.

post #762 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 03:18 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrang View Post
Cannot get the GUI software to work on my Win 10 laptop (which worked with the Integral prior - SiLabs 4.0)

I get the following errors when launching the Vertex GUI software.

I tried installing SiLabs driver from the Vertext download page (4.0), uninstalling and reinstalling, rebooting....

Why do you release a mess of software files? What's the answer?

Also, using the Auto EDID for now (since I can't get the GUI to work, I am getting a horizontally squished image from the Dune and Apple TV media players. TiVo and Sony UHD player seem ok.

I can only connect the Vertex between my AVM 60 out to Lumagen Pro Input, which then connects to my Sony 5000 projector. If I connect between the Pro and 5000, I will get an image, but as soon as I switch inputs on my Anthem, I get HDMI snow...

Not a great initial experience...

Any ideas here?

Thanks
I also had a lot of trouble getting things up and running because my Norton Internet Security firewall kept telling me the SiUSBXp.dll file was corrupt and DANGEROUS , so it would automatically remove it. Obviously without the .dll file the MCU update and the GUI would not work at all.
Eventually, got things working by turning off Norton.
Then, added the GUI to the "safe" files list in my Firewall, and haven't had any problem since.
But frustrating just the same.
post #763 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
Yes I restarted the Vertex. I used the dc block and cable from the Vertex. I tried the dc block and cable from the Linker and of course my computer. I've tried multiple USB cables.

All formats are selected using the ATV4K Format page. Mine has 38 choices including 4K/1080p 24/25/30/50/60Hz SDR/HDR/DV which account for 30 of the choices.
Ok we tested ATV4K > 6ft > VERTEX BOT OUT > 6ft > C7
Selected DV 1080p/4K24/60 all perfect.

At this point, can you please send us email with you order number, we would like to send you another unit just to see if it can come from hw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by or8ital4 View Post
Can I use the Vertex as both a Switch and a splitter? For example run both my Xbox One X and Apple TV 4k into it. Then video to my TV and audio to my soundbar?

Also will it pass CEC to both and switch automatically so I just have to power on either my Xbox or Apple TV and it turns on the sound bar and TV?
Yes you can. CEC can be tricky to operate if you need ARC from TV to AVR at the same time. if you don't need it, it should be fine, if you need it, you can use Vertex for CEC and forward to AVR via optical. Setup choice mainly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMDave View Post
I also had a lot of trouble getting things up and running because my Norton Internet Security firewall kept telling me the SiUSBXp.dll file was corrupt and DANGEROUS , so it would automatically remove it. Obviously without the .dll file the MCU update and the GUI would not work at all.
Eventually, got things working by turning off Norton.
Then, added the GUI to the "safe" files list in my Firewall, and haven't had any problem since.
But frustrating just the same.
Correct, Antivirus could be a problem too in such case.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 11-26-2017 at 04:29 PM.
post #764 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

Please export config with signal playing and equipment connected (if you can) otherwise, export config and provide brand/model of everything.
config attached.

My equipment is in my signature. Tried both setting the scaling and using autoscaling, no dice. The Vertex does not get along with the ATV4k. Other sources like my Oppo and PS4 Pro work.
Attached Files
File Type: txt vertexconfig.txt (6.7 KB, 6 views)

Marantz SR6011 + Yamaha RX-V671. JVC RS-420 - 92" Elite Screens Cinetension 2 electric screen, Panasonic 65" plasma
7.3.4 Atmos setup - Definitive Technology - BP8 (2), CLR2500, Supercube II (2), Supercube 3 (1), BPX1.2x (2), BPX2 (2), DI 5.5 (4)
Oppo 203, Playstation Pro, Apple TV 4k
post #765 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 04:48 PM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 69
I have Oppo 203 and JVC RS600 pj.

When I set the Oppo to output 1080p60 I want the Vertex to upscale to 4k30p (not 60p).
When I set the Oppo to output 4k24p I want the Vertex to pass thru the signal.

What settings do I use in the Vertex? Thank you.
post #766 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 04:50 PM

I guess what i had hoped is that I could put the Vertex in-between the AVR and JVC to control some of the sync issues. I hope you could control what was sent pre-vertex and post-vertex.

Specifically with the Apple TV 4k was hoping the Vertex would just report back that the display was 4k and HDR supported. I think part of the issue is the ATV doing its auto detection of the display and somehow with the Vertex inline it's not liking something.

From Vertex to JVC, i just wanted it to always send a 4k signal so the JVC wouldn't constantly resync.

That's what i was hoping for at least

Marantz SR6011 + Yamaha RX-V671. JVC RS-420 - 92" Elite Screens Cinetension 2 electric screen, Panasonic 65" plasma
7.3.4 Atmos setup - Definitive Technology - BP8 (2), CLR2500, Supercube II (2), Supercube 3 (1), BPX1.2x (2), BPX2 (2), DI 5.5 (4)
post #767 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 05:28 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
We are highly suspecting Power issue here, can you confirm you did all test with Wall plug adapter or not, and can you run some test with wallplug adapter without any USB extender cable between Vertex and PSU. and confirm you have same issue ?
Or even try another power supply and usb cord (from Smartphone/tablet for ex)
I used both USB ports, as is obviously needed for the application to function to get you the exports, but have tried the supplied adapter as well (there are 2 ports I tried both), with the supplied cable, I also used a 5V 3 AMP table charger. I agree if seems like a power issue, if I understand correctly the Vertex never uses more than 5V at 2.5 Amps correct?

I'm going to bring home an Anker 2 Amp charger, and Samsung Phone cable from work and test with that tomorrow.

ERIC

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC

Last edited by egandt; 11-26-2017 at 06:10 PM.
post #768 of 4553 Old 11-26-2017, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 156 Post(s)
Liked: 51
I'm having some serious stability issues that first were able to be cleared with rst + input two times and restarting everything. Now it is persistent, my nvidia shield and Samsung player are having screen flicker and eventually showing a static noise screen. I've updated to the latest firmware hoping it would help. It did not.
I have tried this with multiple input resolutions and bit depths. I also just tried to hook up my HTPC for the first time in several days with the same results. 1080p @24hz input (111mhz i believe).

Chain:
Device ==> Dennon ==> VERTEX ==> JVC Projector

Removing the VERTEX clears the issue up.

I've attached a file.

bonus vid:
Attached Files
File Type: txt VERTEX_edid0.bin.txt (256 Bytes, 7 views)

Last edited by AekaGSR; 11-26-2017 at 06:09 PM.
post #769 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 03:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
Have a few questions about the 'osd mask' feature of the vertex and how one would actually use it for masking logos from TV stations. From looking at the controls, it looks like you can only define the top/left and bottom/right corners of a single mask rectangle. In addition you can also adjust the translucency of the black rectangle.

Now most TV stations place their logos in different positions and different sizes. Some even have logos in multiple positions (for example: top/left and bottom/right). Is there going to be a way to store multiple masks (preferably up to 4 for each screen corner) to deal with multiple logos and also different positions of logos? When changing channels, it doesn't seem practical to manually adjust all the parameters of the mask each time through the Android app or computer USB. Ideally, it would be great if you could store several mask definitions and then quickly cycle between them using IR remote control. Is there enough memory on the Vertex to make this possible? Also instead of translucency, maybe also offer a solid gray color option where you can adjust the gray brightness from black to white.

How much memory is actually in the Vertex? Would it ever be possible to upload a custom pixel mask image (not just simple rectangle) that could be overlaid on top of the signal? Even a 1-bit image with adjustable brightness or translucency might be useful.

With the current simple mask settings, is there any way to adjust them purely through IR or is the BT adapter pretty much required if you don't have a computer nearby?

Thanks.
post #770 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 04:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Quoted: 2726 Post(s)
Liked: 1961
Quote:
Hi Nathan,

What is your Windows version ? 3.9.2 is usually for win XP only, all others should work with 4.0.0.
Try uninstalling 3.9.2 and reinstalling 4.0.0, then try GUI from 4.0.0 directory.
Got it working. Thanks!
post #771 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 06:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
I have Oppo 203 and JVC RS600 pj.

When I set the Oppo to output 1080p60 I want the Vertex to upscale to 4k30p (not 60p).
When I set the Oppo to output 4k24p I want the Vertex to pass thru the signal.

What settings do I use in the Vertex? Thank you.
You cannot do frame rate conversion so 1080p60 > 4K30 won't work.
You can do 1080p24/25/30 > 4K24/25/30

To do that, IN SCALER SECTION UPSCALE you set 1080p30 to > 4K30, you put the max chroma and color depth your display support (apparently you can put the max or leave as follow)
If you want 4K24 to pass thru, then in scaler section you let all 4K30 as FOLLLOW and it will pass thru.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisnack View Post
I guess what i had hoped is that I could put the Vertex in-between the AVR and JVC to control some of the sync issues. I hope you could control what was sent pre-vertex and post-vertex.

Specifically with the Apple TV 4k was hoping the Vertex would just report back that the display was 4k and HDR supported. I think part of the issue is the ATV doing its auto detection of the display and somehow with the Vertex inline it's not liking something.

From Vertex to JVC, i just wanted it to always send a 4k signal so the JVC wouldn't constantly resync.

That's what i was hoping for at least
You cannot avoid hdmi resync with content dependent sources, if source keep changing the resolution based on the content its playing, then hdmi resync will be performed.
To report that 4K and HDR are supported just use a custom EDID or you can copy SINK EDID and it will be the exact same one as your connected SINK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
I used both USB ports, as is obviously needed for the application to function to get you the exports, but have tried the supplied adapter as well (there are 2 ports I tried both), with the supplied cable, I also used a 5V 3 AMP table charger. I agree if seems like a power issue, if I understand correctly the Vertex never uses more than 5V at 2.5 Amps correct?

I'm going to bring home an Anker 2 Amp charger, and Samsung Phone cable from work and test with that tomorrow.

ERIC
Max is not even 5v1.5A.

Please do this last test, if no helps, we will replace your unit and send return label so we can study the issue on your current unit. I'm very sorry you are having this issue, we will find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AekaGSR View Post
I'm having some serious stability issues that first were able to be cleared with rst + input two times and restarting everything. Now it is persistent, my nvidia shield and Samsung player are having screen flicker and eventually showing a static noise screen. I've updated to the latest firmware hoping it would help. It did not.
I have tried this with multiple input resolutions and bit depths. I also just tried to hook up my HTPC for the first time in several days with the same results. 1080p @24hz input (111mhz i believe).

Chain:
Device ==> Dennon ==> VERTEX ==> JVC Projector

Removing the VERTEX clears the issue up.

I've attached a file.

bonus vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bj_xwWcw-3E
The file you attached is an EDID file, please export your config using GUI>FILE>EXPORT and attach the vertexconfig.txt that get created in the GUI directory once the export process is completed.
Also confirm HDMI cable length

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post
Have a few questions about the 'osd mask' feature of the vertex and how one would actually use it for masking logos from TV stations. From looking at the controls, it looks like you can only define the top/left and bottom/right corners of a single mask rectangle. In addition you can also adjust the translucency of the black rectangle.

Now most TV stations place their logos in different positions and different sizes. Some even have logos in multiple positions (for example: top/left and bottom/right). Is there going to be a way to store multiple masks (preferably up to 4 for each screen corner) to deal with multiple logos and also different positions of logos? When changing channels, it doesn't seem practical to manually adjust all the parameters of the mask each time through the Android app or computer USB. Ideally, it would be great if you could store several mask definitions and then quickly cycle between them using IR remote control. Is there enough memory on the Vertex to make this possible? Also instead of translucency, maybe also offer a solid gray color option where you can adjust the gray brightness from black to white.

How much memory is actually in the Vertex? Would it ever be possible to upload a custom pixel mask image (not just simple rectangle) that could be overlaid on top of the signal? Even a 1-bit image with adjustable brightness or translucency might be useful.

With the current simple mask settings, is there any way to adjust them purely through IR or is the BT adapter pretty much required if you don't have a computer nearby?
We already said that we will try to add more Mask. Currently fixing some customers issues is our priority so such additions will come later more likely.

Yes it might be possible to upload graphics and display patterns, we already mentioned that too, but as said before, priority atm is getting everyone working perfectly first.

Thanks.
If you read a few pages back i think there is someone actually doing iRule settings so that RS232 commands for MASK get send based on the TV channel he is selecting (if i understand right what he is trying to do)

Last edited by HDfury; 11-27-2017 at 06:06 AM.
post #772 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
You cannot avoid hdmi resync with content dependent sources, if source keep changing the resolution based on the content its playing, then hdmi resync will be performed.
To report that 4K and HDR are supported just use a custom EDID or you can copy SINK EDID and it will be the exact same one as your connected SINK.
Kind of what i figured, thanks for confirming.

post #773 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 08:12 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:

The file you attached is an EDID file, please export your config using GUI>FILE>EXPORT and attach the vertexconfig.txt that get created in the GUI directory once the export process is completed.
Also confirm HDMI cable length
Whoops! I'll get that to you when I get home.

Dennon ===5 feet===>Vertex====30 feet===>JVC

This worked fine with the Integral. I did switch the vertex to the JVC end of the 30 foot run a week ago when I first was having stability issues, it cleared up for a few days then it came back, I then moved the Vertex back to the receiver side of the cable and it cleared up for a few days and now it's doing it again. I swapped out the small cables to make sure they were okay, I even had a spare 30 footer I ran temporarily and that didn't affect it either.
post #774 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Whoops! I'll get that to you when I get home.

Dennon ===5 feet===>Vertex====30 feet===>JVC

This worked fine with the Integral. I did switch the vertex to the JVC end of the 30 foot run a week ago when I first was having stability issues, it cleared up for a few days then it came back, I then moved the Vertex back to the receiver side of the cable and it cleared up for a few days and now it's doing it again. I swapped out the small cables to make sure they were okay, I even had a spare 30 footer I ran temporarily and that didn't affect it either.
Ok you can send email with order number, so we can send you another unit, at this point it will be faster to go this way to make sure the unit is fine or not.
But yes config file appreciated anyway. Just to make sure there is not anything obvious in it.

post #775 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 08:20 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 295 Post(s)
Liked: 255
Quote:
I'm having some serious stability issues that first were able to be cleared with rst + input two times and restarting everything. Now it is persistent, my nvidia shield and Samsung player are having screen flicker and eventually showing a static noise screen. [...]
Out of curiosity, did you check to see if the scenario might be happening only after the Vertex was powered up for a while?

For example, disconnect power to Vertex for a half hour or so, then with cold power on does it work without flickers/static-noise initially but over time progress through more frequent flickers to eventual solid static / video noise?

I ask because that scenario, good at cold start but degrading over power-on time to eventual solid video noise, is what I encountered with an Integral.
post #776 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 08:33 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 154
Quote:
I'm having some serious stability issues that first were able to be cleared with rst + input two times and restarting everything. Now it is persistent, my nvidia shield and Samsung player are having screen flicker and eventually showing a static noise screen.
FWIW I'm having exactly the same problem.

Xbox One X --> Denon X4300H --> Vertex --> (50 foot Redmere cable) --> JVC RS4910

I bought a 6' Monoprice cable and will be moving my AV rack near the projector to see if it's the long cable at issue here.
post #777 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tebling View Post
FWIW I'm having exactly the same problem.

Xbox One X --> Denon X4300H --> Vertex --> (50 foot Redmere cable) --> JVC RS4910

I bought a 6' Monoprice cable and will be moving my AV rack near the projector to see if it's the long cable at issue here.
Please export your config.

post #778 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 10:15 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyEddie View Post
Out of curiosity, did you check to see if the scenario might be happening only after the Vertex was powered up for a while?

For example, disconnect power to Vertex for a half hour or so, then with cold power on does it work without flickers/static-noise initially but over time progress through more frequent flickers to eventual solid static / video noise?

I ask because that scenario, good at cold start but degrading over power-on time to eventual solid video noise, is what I encountered with an Integral.
It does get worse as things are running. But it also is random.

Quote:
Ok you can send email with order number, so we can send you another unit, at this point it will be faster to go this way to make sure the unit is fine or not.
But yes config file appreciated anyway. Just to make sure there is not anything obvious in it.
I sent an email to the website contact page. Thank you.
post #779 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 2238 Post(s)
Liked: 1520
What is the voltage of the TX/RX rs232 pins on the Vertex? I'm thinking of attaching it to raspberry pi serial port pins and need to know if it requires a level shifter from the default 3.3V levels on the pi. Thanks.
post #780 of 4553 Old 11-27-2017, 01:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 539 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizziwig View Post

Thanks.
Thanks to the RS232 added by HDFury by popular request I have already created a macro in iRule to deal with the various channel logo's.
I also extended this functionality to add a screensaver overlay when playing music files from a NAS through my Oppo player.
By simply setting the osdmask variable and executing this macro (see attached) I can enable the osdmask from anywhere in my iRule remote setup.

I fear that ir commands are less flexible to use than RS232 for the osd mask so hopefully HDFury manages to come up with another great solution.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	osdmask_macro.jpg
Views:	526
Size:	222.9 KB
ID:	2321904  
Manni01 and HDfury like this.

Stereo is simply Multichannel light.

Last edited by Frank Derks; 11-27-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page