HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 71 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1145Likes

post #2101 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 04:15 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 208
I don't stream 4K HDR, i play UHD bluray's directly from disk from my Unraid NAS using Infuse, and that works perfectly using the Apple TV4 in 4K/HDR. The Vertex recognizes it is HDR and makes sure my JVC projector sets the appropriate HDR mode (thanks to Manni01/Javs etc).

So, to rule out download speed you could try playing an UHD bluray from a harddisk on your network.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2102 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 05:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
What you are describing only works with some UHD Blu Ray Disc players such as the Panasonic UB900. When the Vertex is configured to a custom EDID (14) that supports BT2020 but not HDR, the UB900 will convert HDR to SDR BT2020.

But 4K media streaming players do not have this capability to convert HDR to SDR BT2020. They will always convert HDR to SDR REC709.

(There is a report in one of the HDFury device threads about one media player that has a option to convert to SDR BT2020 but it was never confirmed.)
I think this post just solved a problem for me actually - I need to switch to EDID 11 !

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #2103 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 05:15 AM
Advanced Member

I don't think so. I'm using EDID 14 on the Vertex with the 4K HDR Apple TV and it works fine?
AidenL likes this.

Arcam AVR850 • Pioneer KURO KRP-600M • KEF Reference Model 4/2/200c •• Velodyne DD15 •• HDI Dune 4K Solo • Logitech Squeezebox Radio/Duet • Wyrewizard Dreamcaster & Spellbinder (by Nordost) • JVC D-ILA-X7500 • HDFury Vertex
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2104 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 05:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 674 Post(s)
Liked: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by jowicrt View Post
I don't think so. I'm using EDID 14 on the Vertex with the 4K HDR Apple TV and it works fine?
Solved the problem, thanks to claws post in the Vertex thread - I was on Edid 14 instead of 11............I wasn't sending HDR via 14.
jowicrt likes this.

Display : JVC X7000 Projector | SE 103" Enlightor 4k | LG 65B6 OLED |
Sources : Panasonic UDP 700 & Vertex| Apple TV4k | HTPC | Sky Q UHD Satellite | Sonos Connect | Synology 24Tb |
Audio : Marantz 8802A | Genelec 8050 LCR | Monitor Audio IDC Sides & Rears | Seaton Sub Master/Slave |
post #2105 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 05:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 2325 Post(s)
Liked: 2176
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi Claw,

Glad to read that but i'm not aware of any issues with ATV4K and Vertex (unless BETA firmware in use) and dynamic frame rate should work just fine too but may be not so well with JVC.
In fact, a Vertex seems to be able to resolve some ATV4K/Oppo 203 issues when the ATV4K is connected directly to the Oppo HDMI input. I was seeing some of the same issues that others reported in the Oppo 203 thread:

- Video stuttering
- After returning to the Home screen after playing a title, a black screen when trying to play another title. (Not reported, but I would eventually get an HDCP error in this case.)

I placed a Vertex between the ATV4K and Oppo with the Vertex configured to EDID 11 and HDCP 1.4. It resolved both of the issues.

I think it was ATV4K frame rate changes that caused stuttering and perhaps the Vertex is better able to handle them than the Oppo.
I think there were HDCP handshaking issues between the ATV4K and Oppo after completing playback of content, returning to the ATV4K menu, and attempting to play a new title. The Vertex seems to be able to prevent that HDCP issue from occurring.

So just like an Integral resolved incompatibilities with my Directv C61K and my old Denon x4200w, the Vertex seems to be able to resolve issues between an Apple TV 4K and my Oppo 203. And while the ATV4K might be taking over most streaming duties from my Samsung K8500, the Vertex allows me to connect both players to my Oppo HDMI input to apply its new HDR10 tone mapping capabilities.

As soon as you think you no longer need an HDfury device to fix one issue, along comes another use case for it to fix. That is what is so great about these devices.
JGrana and HDfury like this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 02-18-2018 at 06:03 AM.
post #2106 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 590 Post(s)
Quoted: 4406 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
i thought the purchase of the tcl was to solve the previous issue, i.e. the vertex always recognizing the tcl as on/active? the combo trick seemed to be a workaround and at least, finally, made the vertex usable in my setup, i could at least operate my displays without any probs using the vertex... the issue (non compatible tv) in my most recent is different, i haven't seen it before in my setup. it wasn't happening before... i could at least use the vertex before, but now the only way to watch 4k tv is to remove the vertex from the chain (or try combo fixes again i suppose)... are you saying that the current issue is tied to the previous issue and that the fix will solve both (all?) problems?
Yes purchase of TCL is to solve the default standby mode that was isolated with your feedback and temp fixed with "fast start" settings
The issue you reported lastly is a non issue, it just means either Automix (if you are using Automix) Algo is not correctly set or one flag not correctly set (like you have HDR but not BT2020 or vice versa) or simply wrong Custom EDID (as you can read from AidenL issue)

Quote:
Anyone noticed flickering in the picture when using an Apple TV4 (4K), when the Apple resolution is 4K60/24 and the picture is downscaled to 1080P60/24 using Vertex?
It is noticable as a slight but fast fluctuating brightness in dark scenes. If i set the output of the Apple TV to 1080P24, the flickering is gone (so no downscaling). ATV's match content options are on. But this has no auto-resolution, only auto-framerate.

I will try to bypass the Vertex tonight, to find out if it is Vertex related at all, but i was wondering if anyone else has noticed.
Could be power issue, how are you powering the Vertex ? and if issue still persist, please provide chain description (or link to where you posted it previously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
I installed my Vertex in the chain yesterday, and everything seems to be working nicely, with one exception.

My Apple TV seems to output Rec 709, on all settings, HDR and SDR, no matter what output rate I select.

I have checked Disable HDR in the Vertex GUI , as I wanted to retain the dynamic iris in my JVC projector. I have also selected Frame rate matching in the Apple TV.

My chain is ATV > Marantz 8802 > JVC X7000. I’m on EDID 14 on the Vertex and have no problem with cables. All firmware on Vertex updated, and the ATV isn’t on a beta firmware.

I was wondering would I need to have the projector on BT2020 and a HDR gamma curve, before hand shape, for the ATV to know to send HDR through?

Any advice please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AidenL View Post
Solved the problem, thanks to claws post in the Vertex thread - I was on Edid 14 instead of 11............I wasn't sending HDR via 14.
That is correct, EDID14 is BT2020 without HDR, typically the kind of EDID you use with UHD BR player to force them to output SDR/BT2020 instead of HDR/BT2020 and since ATK4K cannot output SDR/BT2020 then it default to 709.
As you found out, use default full edid (1 or 11) and you have BT2020/HDR since ATV4K can output this.
AidenL likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 02-18-2018 at 07:14 AM.
post #2107 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 06:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It works fine, may be, but not with HDR. since EDID14 have no HDR support. So if you are getting HDR with EDID14, then more likely EDID 14 is your settings for custom EDID but your Vertex unit is not set to use custom EDID but rather AUTOMIX, kinda please check it.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #2108 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
In fact, a Vertex seems to be able to resolve some ATV4K/Oppo 203 issues when the ATV4K is connected directly to the Oppo HDMI input. I was seeing some of the same issues that others reported in the Oppo 203 thread:

- Video stuttering
- After returning to the Home screen after playing a title, a black screen when trying to play another title. (Not reported, but I would eventually get an HDCP error in this case.)

I placed a Vertex between the ATV4K and Oppo with the Vertex configured to EDID 11 and HDCP 1.4. It resolved both of the issues.

I think it was ATV4K frame rate changes that caused stuttering and perhaps the Vertex is better able to handle them than the Oppo.
I think there were HDCP handshaking issues between the ATV4K and Oppo after completing playback of content, returning to the ATV4K menu, and attempting to play a new title. The Vertex seems to be able to prevent that HDCP issue from occurring.

So just like an Integral resolved incompatibilities with my Directv C61K and my old Denon x4200w, the Vertex seems to be able to resolve issues between an Apple TV 4K and my Oppo 203. And while the ATV4K might be taking over most streaming duties from my Samsung K8500, the Vertex allows me to connect both players to my Oppo HDMI input to apply its new HDR10 tone mapping capabilities.

As soon as you think you no longer need an HDfury device to fix one issue, along comes another use case for it to fix. That is what is so great about these devices.
Exactly !

This is why we wanted you guys to keep Integral/Linker instead of exchanging physically for a discount over Vertex during pre-order.
4K is a total mess with nearly 100 possible output signals, no end users will never understand it fully, since even some engineers have trouble getting it right.
Setup issues and incompatibility will be at every corner in the future.

Not counting the fact that HDMI connector reached its limitation in terms of signal bandwidth it can handle and that if you compile all possible EDID capabilities, it doesn't even fit into the allowed/supported EDID size/space...
But yeah sure, bring us HDMI 2.1 for more fun
JGrana likes this.

post #2109 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How to make it work like AVR key?

Hi,

I recently bought Vertex and have been setting it up today. Originally I was planning to buy AVR Key, but due to heating problems I read about I decided to buy this instead. Anyway, I found all the different settings on GUI to be confusing so I decided to ask here.

So the question is: What kind of settings I need to make Vertex work like AVR Key? I have 1080p/24 capable AV receiver and brand new 4K HDR TV.

I know Vertex cannot blank the video track going to receiver, but I would like to have best possible audio passed to receiver and best possible video straight to TV.

Thanks in advance!
post #2110 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 06:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFaxe View Post
OK, must have moved the switches by accident. Should have read the manual more careful, my bad, sorry for that.

Regarding the eeColor You are right. Removing it from the chain would solve the problem, but I rather stay on the older firmware then loosing color accuracy.

I have to say Your support is really outstanding, thanks a lot for this. You are just great...

PM sent with my delivery address.
For eeColor box, for the moment use 1.12.1.18 working firmware for it.
In next hours, we will push another firmware live with lock icon and few small changes (also make the 1.14.1.19 changes as official).
Give it a try once it's out, if no go, we will try something else (by sending GoBlue and special instructions to your delivery address, btw, please also send a phone number via PM)

post #2111 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbinen View Post
Hi,

I recently bought Vertex and have been setting it up today. Originally I was planning to buy AVR Key, but due to heating problems I read about I decided to buy this instead. Anyway, I found all the different settings on GUI to be confusing so I decided to ask here.

So the question is: What kind of settings I need to make Vertex work like AVR Key? I have 1080p/24 capable AV receiver and brand new 4K HDR TV.

I know Vertex cannot blank the video track going to receiver, but I would like to have best possible audio passed to receiver and best possible video straight to TV.

Thanks in advance!
If AVR is not capable of 1080p60, then you need to make sure you are using a Custom EDID that does not advertise 4K60, otherwise, donwscaled signal is 1080p60 and if that is not supported, it won't work.
Vertex can provide 4K60 and 1080p60 stream at the same time. or 4K24 and 1080p24 stream at the same time, but not 4K24 and 1080p60 or 4K60 and 1080p24. (unless you add another hardware in the chain such as HDfury X4 to do 1080p60 > 1080p24)

While when you use AVR-Key, no matter if video is 4K60 or 4K24, the output signal going to AVR can be 720p60 or 1080p60 (so in your case, you would use default 720p60)

So to get you working with Vertex please give me setup description with brand/model of everything you have in the chain and length of HDMI cable or you can directly export your config and i can edit it and forward back to you to import it.

In the meantime, you can try this:

- Set CUSTOM EDID 47 (EDID slide on CUSTOM, then make sure you select EDID 47 from GUI, Android/iOS APP with GoBlue, or IR/RS232)
- Set Scale slide on the unit to AUTOSCALING
- TV at bottom output, AVR at top output
- Restart your source and try it.

post #2112 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 07:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
It works fine, may be, but not with HDR. since EDID14 have no HDR support. So if you are getting HDR with EDID14, then more likely EDID 14 is your settings for custom EDID but your Vertex unit is not set to use custom EDID but rather AUTOMIX, kinda please check it.
I'm wrong... i'm using EDID 11 as well
HDfury likes this.
post #2113 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
One more quick question @ HDfury. I purchased a 4K linker from Amazon and it had no Power Supply with it included.

I also purchased AVR Key recently and it says there is no power supply included. (it wasnt delivered yet)

On the HDfury homepage, there is a selection of a Region for the power supply. So I was wondering if we only get a power supply if we order from HDfury site directly?

Does HDfury site ship from china? If its the case, I assume we need to pay extra import tax and customs, right?
post #2114 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
If AVR is not capable of 1080p60, then you need to make sure you are using a Custom EDID that does not advertise 4K60, otherwise, donwscaled signal is 1080p60 and if that is not supported, it won't work.
Vertex can provide 4K60 and 1080p60 stream at the same time. or 4K24 and 1080p24 stream at the same time, but not 4K24 and 1080p60 or 4K60 and 1080p24. (unless you add another hardware in the chain such as HDfury X4 to do 1080p60 > 1080p24)

While when you use AVR-Key, no matter if video is 4K60 or 4K24, the output signal going to AVR can be 720p60 or 1080p60 (so in your case, you would use default 720p60)

So to get you working with Vertex please give me setup description with brand/model of everything you have in the chain and length of HDMI cable or you can directly export your config and i can edit it and forward back to you to import it.

In the meantime, you can try this:

- Set CUSTOM EDID 47 (EDID slide on CUSTOM, then make sure you select EDID 47 from GUI, Android/iOS APP with GoBlue, or IR/RS232)
- Set Scale slide on the unit to AUTOSCALING
- TV at bottom output, AVR at top output
- Restart your source and try it.

I just tested the receiver and it actually handles 1080/60, I have never used it because of limitations of my old TV. So that should simplify the settings am I right?
post #2115 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Bass and Hi-Fi Enthusiast

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1991 Post(s)
Liked: 980
HDFury Vertex - Owners thread

Quote:
If you connect Vertex between AVR and TV, you can still link TV ARC input to your AVR directly. That was my point. I meant, if it's all working fine via HDMI ARC to AVR directly, then it's easier than HDMI ARC to Vertex and then optical to AVR, but as long as your AVR accept 192khz via optical output, then yes, both should work fine. The cable you need is JACK optical to S/PDIF, you can google it. Available from our website too.

I’ll checkout let the cable, thanks. I have read that DD+ is not possible over Optical? Is that true?

The main reason I’m considering purchasing the Vertex is to split the signal to a 1080p projector and my 4K TV, one at a time, but preserving max specs in both cases. My AVR has only 1 output which is also has the ARC. Zone 2s amp assign is different, so that won’t work to send out projector HDMI with all speakers intact. Both Projector and TV still need to come from primary zone 1 output on the AVR (which is only ARC output as well)

How would I go right from TV to AVR to keep the working TV ARC if the AVR only has one output and my desire is to split the output as mentioned above? I think you were perhaps misunderstand and thinking I was trying to use the Vertex to solve an ARC issue? Rather I’m just trying to make sure while solving my splitting issue, I don’t introduce a new issue with ARC.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |
post #2116 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 67
What is the issue with the eeColor? I wasn't quite following the problem @DrFaxe was reporting. So my situation is likely irrelevant to his problem. But I have the eeColor in my 1080p sources chain (last component before the Vertex top input). And I've never had an issue with it. I believe it may technically be an HDMI 1.3 device--but that never seemed to matter except for ARC. But I don't need to use ARC anymore since my setup is able to send audio through the AVR regardless of source (with the one exception of native apps--I have to use an optical out for audio to AVR for any native apps on my Vizio P75).

I also discovered purely by accident today that when I use Matrix Swap, I can route my 4k content through the eeColor, too. Of course it goes through several scaling conversions in the process (downscaled to 1080p for the AVR, back through the eeColor, upscaled through Vertex, output to Vizio). But that's was unexpected. And for non HDR content, it actually makes some sense. And if I figure out how to manipulate HDR with the Vertex (I'm still very confused by how the whole process works), it may be useful for HDR content. But I may not be understanding how that works. Is it the case that the Vertex can both remove the HDR metadata, run it through some chain that ultimately comes back to the Vertex through a different input, and then reinsert it for output to the TV? Or am I completely misunderstanding that process?
post #2117 of 4567 Old 02-18-2018, 09:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by citsur86 View Post
I’ll checkout let the cable, thanks. I have read that DD+ is not possible over Optical? Is that true?

The main reason I’m considering purchasing the Vertex is to split the signal to a 1080p projector and my 4K TV, one at a time, but preserving max specs in both cases. My AVR has only 1 output which is also has the ARC. Zone 2s amp assign is different, so that won’t work to send out projector HDMI with all speakers intact. Both Projector and TV still need to come from primary zone 1 output on the AVR (which is only ARC output as well)

How would I go right from TV to AVR to keep the working TV ARC if the AVR only has one output and my desire is to split the output as mentioned above? I think you were perhaps misunderstand and thinking I was trying to use the Vertex to solve an ARC issue? Rather I’m just trying to make sure while solving my splitting issue, I don’t introduce a new issue with ARC.
As HDfury has mentioned before, the Vertex cannot pass ARC audio back to your AVR over HDMI. You will need to use the Vertex Optical output for ARC audio back to your AVR.

My Denon AVRs have passed DD+ for several model years. You would need to check your AVR model.

Since my Denon has two active main HDMI outputs (1 ARC and 1 not) I run the Denon ARC HDMI output to my LG B7A ARC port and use it only for ARC audio from the LG. The other Denon HDMI output feeds my Vertex that outputs to a non-ARC LG HDMI input port and to my 4K capable projector. I understand that your AVR does not have two outputs, but the way I have mine configured is the only way I know of to use a Vertex and still get HDMI ARC audio back to the AVR.
HDfury likes this.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #2118 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 03:10 AM

HDFury Vertex - Owners thread

Quote:
As HDfury has mentioned before, the Vertex cannot pass ARC audio back to your AVR over HDMI. You will need to use the Vertex Optical output for ARC audio back to your AVR.

My Denon AVRs have passed DD+ for several model years. You would need to check your AVR model.

Since my Denon has two active main HDMI outputs (1 ARC and 1 not) I run the Denon ARC HDMI output to my LG B7A ARC port and use it only for ARC audio from the LG. The other Denon HDMI output feeds my Vertex that outputs to a non-ARC LG HDMI input port and to my 4K capable projector. I understand that your AVR does not have two outputs, but the way I have mine configured is the only way I know of to use a Vertex and still get HDMI ARC audio back to the AVR.

Maybe I’m just not understanding how the HDMI outputs on my AVR work? I have a Marantz SR-6011 by the way. There are two outputs but one is for Zone 2. When I tried to plug the projector into that one i could get video, but not audio. When i looked at the amp assign, Zone 2 seemed to only play two channels either by taking 2 of my surround channels away or preamped out of the AVR. Do you know if there’s a way to use this second output to configure as you did with your denon? Ideally i need the second output to just send video and keep the amp assignment the same as it is for Zone 1. Is the second denon main output zone 2 or truly a second output?

I’m thinking I’ll still be able to accomplish arc audio back to my AVR just by using the jack Optical cable from Vertex to AVR. It doesn’t matter if I do it this way or use HDMI right? The current highest quality available audio (Netflix 4K DD+/Atmos) sent over ARC will be able to be sent through the Optical cable same as HDMI right?

Edit: just found the Denon X4300H does have 3 HMDI outputs for Zone 2, monitor+ ARC, and monitor. What a bummer that mine doesn’t. Seems they added it to the SR-6012 though.

@HDfury - you’ve said a couple times that as long as my AVR can accept 192khz over Optical that I should still be able to get DD+/Atmos from TV ARC to Vertex via HDMI, then Vertex to AVR via Jack Optical to S/PDIF. I’m reading that optical cables don’t support DD+ due to bandwidth constraints. Is that right or is there something I’m missing? Also I’ve spent about an hour googling Jack Optical to S/PDIF and can’t find anything matching that exact description. I found this.

FosPower (6 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable with Metal Connectors & Strain-Relief PVC Jacket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8HWV62..._TTRIAbQ2EJPVN

Is that right? Thanks again for your help.

| 7.2.4 Photos (Updated Photos 1/5) | Frequency Response | Visual: LG 65” B7A OLED | Elite VMAX-2 Electric 120" | Optoma GT1080 Proj |
| AVR/Amps: Marantz SR-6011 9C | Audio Source AMP-100VS | iNuke 1000DSP; TTs: 4x AuraSound Pro |
| Center: B&W CM Center 2 S2 Ed | Fronts: 2x B&W 684 S1s | Side Surrounds: 2x B&W 685 S1 |
| Front/Rear Heights: 4x Polk T15 | In-Ceiling: 2x Micca M-8C | Subs: 2x Rythmik FV15HP |

Last edited by citsur86; 02-19-2018 at 03:59 AM.
post #2119 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

I should qualify that my previous statement about getting DD+ over optical to my Denon AVR was with a Roku 4. I have never tried with any other player or TV. There was a lot of discussion in the Roku forum threads at the time. The Roku 4 did not have the capability to convert DD+ to DD 5.1 so owners with AVRs that did not support DD+ over optical were limited to stereo.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 02-19-2018 at 07:49 AM.
post #2120 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 07:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Brown01 View Post
One more quick question @ HDfury. I purchased a 4K linker from Amazon and it had no Power Supply with it included.

I also purchased AVR Key recently and it says there is no power supply included. (it wasnt delivered yet)

On the HDfury homepage, there is a selection of a Region for the power supply. So I was wondering if we only get a power supply if we order from HDfury site directly?

Does HDfury site ship from china? If its the case, I assume we need to pay extra import tax and customs, right?
It ships from Taiwan, so yes, import charge at arrival, you can thank your government for that
There is a new page under construction on the website called "buy local", you can find recommended dealer in each country (allow a few weeks to be populated)

We supply power supply with all our devices (to our customers and to our resellers), what happens on Ebay, Amazon, etc... is out of our control, usually it's reseller of reseller and they will happily sell you the power supply separately, we even saw some sellers selling our power supply as Apple/Android charger separately. So you believe you won some $, in fact you did not. I'm preaching buying from reputable source since day1, you can read history ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jubbinen View Post
I just tested the receiver and it actually handles 1080/60, I have never used it because of limitations of my old TV. So that should simplify the settings am I right?
Yes, yes, very good !
EDID slide on CUSTOM
SCALE slide on AUTOMIX
AVR at TOP out
TV at BOT out

And it will work out of the box (or after trick is applied, read next fw release note coming in next hours)

Quote:

You should read my first reply again because it was actually very complete.

As explained:

IF your TV is capable of outputting DD+/ATMOS over HDMI/ARC
IF the HDMI/ARC cable used is capable of 192khz audio over HDMI/ARC (as stated before, very hard to find !)
IF Vertex is set to extract DD+/ATMOS for ARC (That's the easiest part ... )
IF Optical cable can carry 192khz audio (some will work, some not)
IF AVR can accept 192khz via S/PDIF

Then you will be able to get DD+/ATMOS sound extracted from TV and forwarded to your AVR. There should not even be 10% of capable AVR in world.
That's why i said, if you already have DD+/ATMOS from TV ARC to AVR ARC via HDMI working, you should may be keep it that way. Now of course, i didn't know your AVR only have one output

Yes may be i missed your initial goal in my answers, but i'm only answering your questions

As i see your issue and our solutions i would say:

Splitting your AVR output to feed PJ and TV is no problem, but doing this, ARC in your setup could be a problem because you would have to see if your AVR support Atmos/DD+ via S/PDIF, otherwise there is a trade off by installing Vertex at your AVR output (that have ARC working for DD+/ATMOS from TV APPS)

So if Vertex ARC doesn't give you more than 5.1 because may be AVR is not capable of more than 5.1 from S/PDIF(optical) then may be you can wait for ARC-Key, which would solve this issue once for all for anyone. So at the end you would need Vertex + ARC-key (once available, if available), but first you should determine if AVR can do more than 5.1 over S/PDIF.

In our lab, both our Denon 4200 and Yamaha A2060 are working nicely for the purpose, they both play DD+/Atmos from LG TV apps extracted by Vertex and fed by optical to them.

And yes, you will read everywhere that more than 5.1 is not possible over S/PDIF, that's nearly true, but not totally true, it all depends how you approach the question. (the tech answer is below)

spdif is just not defined to support beyond a certain bandwidth 1.5mega or so. it is enough to carry 2x 16bit 48khz audio
16x48khz = 1.536megs
this is standard spdif and then something like 5.1 compressed bitstream can fit there as well.
but for ARC purposes forget SPDIF, its just a cable and you can shove in that cable whatever you want
this way as long as source sends and receiver understands you can put anything in it. the protocol is still SPDIF but it doesn't follow the spec BW limits. it doesn't care about those
for DD+ you have 192kHz over 2 channel 16 bits so that's what 6.144Megabits
its 4x the "allowed" BW
when sending DD+ signal or Dolby Atmos (over DD+) then you receive this 6.144Mega signal from TV
as long as equipment understands and can process it you are fine. it carries all the necessary headers for an AVR to understand it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Suchocki View Post
What is the issue with the eeColor? I wasn't quite following the problem @DrFaxe was reporting. So my situation is likely irrelevant to his problem. But I have the eeColor in my 1080p sources chain (last component before the Vertex top input). And I've never had an issue with it. I believe it may technically be an HDMI 1.3 device--but that never seemed to matter except for ARC. But I don't need to use ARC anymore since my setup is able to send audio through the AVR regardless of source (with the one exception of native apps--I have to use an optical out for audio to AVR for any native apps on my Vizio P75).

I also discovered purely by accident today that when I use Matrix Swap, I can route my 4k content through the eeColor, too. Of course it goes through several scaling conversions in the process (downscaled to 1080p for the AVR, back through the eeColor, upscaled through Vertex, output to Vizio). But that's was unexpected. And for non HDR content, it actually makes some sense. And if I figure out how to manipulate HDR with the Vertex (I'm still very confused by how the whole process works), it may be useful for HDR content. But I may not be understanding how that works. Is it the case that the Vertex can both remove the HDR metadata, run it through some chain that ultimately comes back to the Vertex through a different input, and then reinsert it for output to the TV? Or am I completely misunderstanding that process?
We don't know yet what is the issue, we might need to buy one to find out. What we know is that some fix after 1.12.1.17 breaks support for it. At the moment, we are waiting TCL TV to study it and if we find something, then we will need DrFaxe to see if it also helps the eecolor issue or not. If not, then we will have to study eecolor directly too (but in the meantime, he will get something else to try out) so... it's work underway for the moment.

What you are describing on the second paragraph, is exactly an use case i wrote about in the very early posts of this thread in order to show how versatile vertex is. Yes that is possible or will be possible (in an extended way), actually we should have more questions and requests around this once API/DLL becomes public and people start using for more calibration and content creation jobs. API/DLL is due in a week or two max.

Quote:
Maybe I’m just not understanding how the HDMI outputs on my AVR work? I have a Marantz SR-6011 by the way. There are two outputs but one is for Zone 2. When I tried to plug the projector into that one i could get video, but not audio. When i looked at the amp assign, Zone 2 seemed to only play two channels either by taking 2 of my surround channels away or preamped out of the AVR. Do you know if there’s a way to use this second output to configure as you did with your denon? Ideally i need the second output to just send video and keep the amp assignment the same as it is for Zone 1. Is the second denon main output zone 2 or truly a second output?

I’m thinking I’ll still be able to accomplish arc audio back to my AVR just by using the jack Optical cable from Vertex to AVR. It doesn’t matter if I do it this way or use HDMI right? The current highest quality available audio (Netflix 4K DD+/Atmos) sent over ARC will be able to be sent through the Optical cable same as HDMI right?

Edit: just found the Denon X4300H does have 3 HMDI outputs for Zone 2, monitor+ ARC, and monitor. What a bummer that mine doesn’t. Seems they added it to the SR-6012 though.

@HDfury - you’ve said a couple times that as long as my AVR can accept 192khz over Optical that I should still be able to get DD+/Atmos from TV ARC to Vertex via HDMI, then Vertex to AVR via Jack Optical to S/PDIF. I’m reading that optical cables don’t support DD+ due to bandwidth constraints. Is that right or is there something I’m missing? Also I’ve spent about an hour googling Jack Optical to S/PDIF and can’t find anything matching that exact description. I found this.

FosPower (6 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable with Metal Connectors & Strain-Relief PVC Jacket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8HWV62..._TTRIAbQ2EJPVN

Is that right? Thanks again for your help.
That's correct type of cable jack > s/pdif you have on this link. We also have some on our webshop. (google hints was to get a picture of how it looks like quickly)
For the rest, i do think my previous answer cover everything, if not, tell me. (You are learning a lot those days isn't it ? ...)

Last edited by HDfury; 02-19-2018 at 07:34 AM.
post #2121 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
You should read my first reply again because it was actually very complete.

As explained:

IF the HDMI/ARC cable used is capable of 192khz audio over HDMI/ARC (as stated before, very hard to find !)

Then you will be able to get DD+/ATMOS sound extracted from TV and forwarded to your AVR. There should not even be 10% of capable AVR in world.
That's why i said, if you already have DD+/ATMOS from TV ARC to AVR ARC via HDMI working, you should may be keep it that way. Now of course, i didn't know your AVR only have one output

Yes may be i missed your initial goal in my answers, but i'm only answering your questions

As i see your issue and our solutions i would say:

Splitting your AVR output to feed PJ and TV is no problem, but doing this, ARC in your setup could be a problem because you would have to see if your AVR support Atmos/DD+ via S/PDIF, otherwise there is a trade off by installing Vertex at your AVR output (that have ARC working for DD+/ATMOS from TV APPS)

So if Vertex ARC doesn't give you more than 5.1 because may be AVR is not capable of more than 5.1 from S/PDIF(optical) then may be you can wait for ARC-Key, which would solve this issue once for all for anyone. So at the end you would need Vertex + ARC-key (once available, if available), but first you should determine if AVR can do more than 5.1 over S/PDIF.

In our lab, both our Denon 4200 and Yamaha A2060 are working nicely for the purpose, they both play DD+/Atmos from LG TV apps extracted by Vertex and fed by optical to them.

And yes, you will read everywhere that more than 5.1 is not possible over S/PDIF, that's nearly true, but not totally true, it all depends how you approach the question. (the tech answer is below)....

First please know i really appreciate the time you’re taking to answer my questions. I apologize: i was trying to be as clear as possible, but glad we’re definitely on the same page now. Your response above (including the technical answer I cutout for quote length) was extremely helpful. Going through your points:

- Definitely yes. The B7A OLED is.

- Could i say this is definitely true either by the fact that i know the current HDMI cable gives me DD+/Atmos over ARC? Or by you confirming this cable is Capable based on specs? BlueRigger In-Wall High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet (15 M) - CL3 Rated - Supports 4K, Ultra HD, 3D, 1080p, Ethernet and Audio Return (Latest Standard) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GW25WY..._vqVIAbMX6VNRV

- Definite yes

- Could you confirm for me whether this cable is correct and can do so? I looked on your website and it would take 21 days unless I wanted to pay 3x+ in price of cable for shipping. FosPower (6 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable with Metal Connectors & Strain-Relief PVC Jacket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8HWV62..._ZrVIAbBG7777X

- The Denon 4200 working is a good sign as my Marantz SR-6011 is a very similar AVR made by the same company. For the life of me I cannot find specifications detailed enough online to see if it will work with 192khz via Optical cable. Any way you know of that I can test this without the risk of purchasing the the Vertex and it potentially not working? Or anywhere you know of that would have detailed enough specifications on receivers to tell me if the Marantz SR-6011 will or will not accept 192khz over Optical?

I suppose if i purchase and it doesn’t work I could wait for ARC-Key but that’s also a wait and more $$ to consider.

post #2122 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 08:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Vertex FW1.14.1.20 and GUI 1.14 + IR codes list + RS232 commands + JVC Macro 3.1

Vertex FW1.14.1.20 and GUI 1.14 + JVC Macro 3.1.

Make sure to install Silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update IS NOT mandatory (you do not need to update if everything is working well in your setup)

- Remember that after FPGA update, you must power cycle the Vertex and when you connect it back, the OLED will stay OFF for about 15s (time to apply the update internally), wait till OLED is back ON and then you can proceed normally.
- Easiest/Fastest/Recommended way: Update MCU, then Update FPGA, then powercycle.
- If you fine tuned your unit config and settings, export your config before update and import it back once update is completed.
- Once update is completed you might see a lock icon on the OLED top right corner as outlined below, please do the combo trick: HOLD RST and PRESS INP 2 times, OLED will prompt for powercycle, simply remove/reconnect USB powercord (if you exported your config before update and imported back after update, you don't need to repeat this trick, the lock icon won't be visible)
- Windows GUI also have an indicator to confirm if trick is applied GUI MENU > HELP > ABOUT. 0 is when it is applied, 1 is default after firmware flash. (above OLED lock icon indicator should avoid having to use GUI for confirmation)

#########> What's new/fixed in 1.14.1.20

1. Added a lock icon on the OLED top right position. This lock is by default ON. When HOLD RST + press INP 2 times then powercycle is applied, the icon disappears.

2. Modified HDCP slide switch operation so that when 1.4 is input, the output is no longer output at 2.2 regardless of the slide position. 1.4 input is always 1.4 output. 2.2 input behavior is not modified.

########> What's new/fixed in 1.14.1.19

1. When autoscaling is selected the Bottom port always upscales to 4k if TV supports it. This version offers a GUI selection option "no upscale", if selected video will not get upscaled.

2. Added OSD control for the long press middle button. Now the sequence is : OLED + LOGO + OSD > OLED + OSD > OLED > OSD > NONE

3. Changed GUI import/export to a separate "config" tab from the "file" tab

4. GUI HDR IF creators includes HLG option

5. OSD improved for 480/576 resolutions as well as 720p. Sometimes changing the OSD position required two submits - now fixed.

6. Support for JVC Macro 3.1 (see here)

Download Link:
https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_1.14.1.20_GUI_1.14.zip

The default Auto-Sense mode for Auto-Scaling (SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING) coupled with default Custom EDID (EDID slide on CUSTOM) should be enough to give you a picture in any setup.
If not, please remember than when using AUTOSCALING, you have access to 10 quick-presets that are specifically introduced for the TOP port down-scaling. (Auto Sense also upscale automatically)

They are activated by pressing and holding the "INFO" button and clicking the "INPUT" button a number of clicks.
Then when "INFO" is released the quick-preset is selected.

The presets are:

1. AUTO-SENSE ALL (This default mode should be enough to support any use case, if not, you can force it manually to any below)

2. 4k60 420 10 371MHz TV (e.g LG input 3)
[4k30 all -> 4k30 422 12 300MHz, 4k60 all -> 4k60 420 8 300MHz, 4k60hdr all -> 4k60 420 8/10/12 hdr]

3. 4k60 420 300MHz TV (for 4K)
[4k30 all -> 4k30 444 8 300MHz, 4k60 all -> 4k60 420 8 300MHz, 4k60hdr all -> 4k60 420 8 300MHz hdr]

4. 4k60 420 300MHz TV
[4k30 all -> 4k30 422 12 300MHz, 4k60 all -> 4k60 420 8 300MHz, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12 hdr]

5. 4k60 420 300MHz TV (for color)
[4k30 all -> 4k30 422 12 300MHz, 4k60 all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12 hdr]

6. 4K30 deepcolor PJ > 300MHz (e.g Wireless UB/TW Espon)
[4K30 all -> 4K30 all, 4k60 all -> 4k60 420 300MHz, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12 hdr]

7. 4K30 deepcolor PJ at 300MHz (e.g Wired UB/TW Epson)
[4k30 all -> 4k30 422 12 300MHz, 4k60 all -> 4k60 420 8 300MHz, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12 hdr]

8. 4k30 8-bit 300MHz TV
[4k30 all -> 4k30 8, 4k60 all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12 hdr]

9. 1080p60 TV
[4k30 all -> 1080p30 8/10/12, 4k60 all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8/10/12 hdr]

10. 1080p60 8b device (e.g Ambilight)
[4k30 all -> 1080p30 8/10/12, 4k60 all -> 1080p60 444 8, 4k60hdr all -> 1080p60 444 8 hdr]

KNOWN ISSUES:

- For now Vertex does not support output 4k30 420 148MHz. This will be addressed in following update.(Please note that this signal doesn't exist
)
- For users of HDMI active cable non powered by their own power supply, please refer to that post if you are experiencing issue. (You can easily isolate the issue by testing with 6-12ft copper)

For any support issue/question:
- Please try to export your vertexconfig.txt (GUI > FILE > EXPORT) when trying the signal through and having the issue (if possible) and attach it as a txt file in your post.
- If you cannot provide configfile, then it's mandatory to confirm you are running the latest firmware 1.14.1.20 and operating latest GUI 1.14
- Issue Description, ultimately with Link to Display and/or AVR usermanual in PDF format and Link to any active or fiber cable in use.
- Always make conclusion and bug report using Wall Plug Adapter to power Vertex.
- If any problem after update and if you have a lock icon on OLED top right corner: HOLD RST and press INP 2 times, then powercycle Vertex (Remove/Reconnect USB powercord) > lock icon will disappear after restart)
- For Sync issues: Test by power on sequence (power from Root to Downstream devices: sink at outputs first, then source at inputs): confirm if it solves issue or not
- Always describe your video chain path with brand/model of all equipment as well as hdmi cable length and type between them (ex: SOURCE Brand/Model > 6ft copper > Vertex INP0-OUT1> 6ft copper > AVR Brand/Model > etc...)

Example of video chain description:
Source Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > etc...

In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in one chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > X4200 > 6ft copper > LG C7

In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in split chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > LG C7
---------------------------------> 6ft copper > X4200

GoBlue users:
- Android/iOS APP and GoBlue FW are up to date.
RichB, claw, Frank Derks and 1 others like this.

Last edited by HDfury; 02-19-2018 at 08:35 AM.
post #2123 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 08:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
First please know i really appreciate the time you’re taking to answer my questions. I apologize: i was trying to be as clear as possible, but glad we’re definitely on the same page now. Your response above (including the technical answer I cutout for quote length) was extremely helpful. Going through your points:

- Definitely yes. The B7A OLED is.

- Could i say this is definitely true either by the fact that i know the current HDMI cable gives me DD+/Atmos over ARC? Or by you confirming this cable is Capable based on specs? BlueRigger In-Wall High Speed HDMI Cable - 50 Feet (15 M) - CL3 Rated - Supports 4K, Ultra HD, 3D, 1080p, Ethernet and Audio Return (Latest Standard) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004GW25WY..._vqVIAbMX6VNRV

- Definite yes

- Could you confirm for me whether this cable is correct and can do so? I looked on your website and it would take 21 days unless I wanted to pay 3x+ in price of cable for shipping. FosPower (6 Feet) 24K Gold Plated Toslink to Mini Toslink Digital Optical S/PDIF Audio Cable with Metal Connectors & Strain-Relief PVC Jacket https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T8HWV62..._ZrVIAbBG7777X

- The Denon 4200 working is a good sign as my Marantz SR-6011 is a very similar AVR made by the same company. For the life of me I cannot find specifications detailed enough online to see if it will work with 192khz via Optical cable. Any way you know of that I can test this without the risk of purchasing the the Vertex and it potentially not working? Or anywhere you know of that would have detailed enough specifications on receivers to tell me if the Marantz SR-6011 will or will not accept 192khz over Optical?

I suppose if i purchase and it doesn’t work I could wait for ARC-Key but that’s also a wait and more $$ to consider.
- TV is ok for me (we have same one in our lab)
- Cable should be ok (if not ok, you will have glitch)
- Vertex settings ok ofc.
- Should be, actually most worked for us and may be the ones who failed was because of bad connector, etc.. nothing to do with "optical/fiber" itself.
- That's the tough one, no one can say until tested in real world. You can always return Vertex within 30 days for full refund.

Yes, eventually you could wait and purchase ARC-Key in case of issue. That's up to you.

Last edited by HDfury; 02-19-2018 at 08:39 AM.
post #2124 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 10:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
1. Added a lock icon on the OLED top right position. This lock is by default ON. When HOLD RST + press INP 2 times then powercycle is applied, the icon disappears.
Thanks for this. It will help when the Vertex is not connected to a PC/GUI.

Getting the popcorn ready for the inevitable posts arguing that an indicator should be present when the trick has been applied instead of when not.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 02-19-2018 at 10:07 AM.
post #2125 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 10:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for this.

Getting the popcorn ready for the inevitable posts arguing that an indicator should be present when the trick has been applied instead of when not.
Heh, Can put a smiley if needed

post #2126 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 11:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Hello @HDfury ,

I have tested the new firmware 1.14.1.20. Unfortunately no luck, problem still excist.

Please see the pictures in attachment.

But what I noticed, the problem also came up when I used custom scaling and changed the scaling of port0 (eeColor attached) from the default 4k60 to 1080p60.
Maybe the issue is in the scaler section? Was there a change from FW 1.12 to 1.13?

I have a OT question

As You are very skilled and maybe this would be a product that fits well in Your portfolio...
Would it be of interest for You to develop a 3DLUT box like eeColor just with 4k support? It should be only for color correction, no video processing etc.

The eeColor was very successful when it hits the market and is still used by a lot of people who aim color perfection. It is a huge desire of the calibration community having a 4k 3DLUT box.

Have a nice day
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	184.7 KB
ID:	2363614   Click image for larger version

Name:	stop.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	183.7 KB
ID:	2363616   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	174.7 KB
ID:	2363618  

S/W: LightSpace HCC, Calman 5, DisplayCal/ArgyllCMS
H/W: CR-100, I1Pro2, I1D3, eeColor, RB8 Generator
Tools: ControlCal, Ted's LightSpace CMS Calibration Disk
post #2127 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 11:41 AM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Unhappy

Hello @HDfury I have some Sony MDR-HW700DS Wireless Headphone, and an LG C7 oled TV. I also have the Nvidia shield Tv android which I'm trying to connect to both.

I want to get the best of both worlds and have the Nvidia shield Tv android output a 4k HDR video signal which will display in HDR on my LG C7 oled TV, but I also want to have the benefit of hd audio soundtracks, such as DTS hd-ma and Dolby true hd.

The problem is that if I run the hdmi through the headphone unit, it can't pass the 4k HDR signal, so I'll get hd audio but only 1080p video NOT 4K HDR SIGNAL.

If I run hdmi to the TV and then optical or arc to the headphones, I get 4khdr video, but only 2 channel stereo sound.

Will your product, vertex 4k60 allow me to send hd audio to the headphones and 4khdr video to the TV?

If so, can you please describe how I would set this up? And if not, can you recommend an alternate product that will meet my needs?

Hopefully you can help,
Many thanks,
post #2128 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 01:46 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Did anyone order from hdfury.eu already? Is it a legit site or not trustworthy?

Thanks.
post #2129 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 03:42 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Unable to update MCU "Firmware version is incorrect", but the FPGA did upgrade.

Unable to update MCU "Firmware version is incorrect", but the FPGA did upgrade.

The Firmware in the UI is correct 1.12.1.20, but I still can not run the MCU, even after resetting and restarting the unit.

ERIC

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC

Last edited by egandt; 02-19-2018 at 03:54 PM.
post #2130 of 4567 Old 02-19-2018, 06:01 PM

Quoted: 72 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by icic2018 View Post
Hello @HDfury I have some Sony MDR-HW700DS Wireless Headphone, and an LG C7 oled TV. I also have the Nvidia shield Tv android which I'm trying to connect to both.

I want to get the best of both worlds and have the Nvidia shield Tv android output a 4k HDR video signal which will display in HDR on my LG C7 oled TV, but I also want to have the benefit of hd audio soundtracks, such as DTS hd-ma and Dolby true hd.

The problem is that if I run the hdmi through the headphone unit, it can't pass the 4k HDR signal, so I'll get hd audio but only 1080p video NOT 4K HDR SIGNAL.

If I run hdmi to the TV and then optical or arc to the headphones, I get 4khdr video, but only 2 channel stereo sound.

Will your product, vertex 4k60 allow me to send hd audio to the headphones and 4khdr video to the TV?

If so, can you please describe how I would set this up? And if not, can you recommend an alternate product that will meet my needs?

Hopefully you can help,
Many thanks,
Hello all, anyone can help with this above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page