Vertex FW126.96.36.199 and GUI 1.31
Make sure to install Silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update IS NOT mandatory
(you do not need to update if everything is working well in your setup)
- Remember that after FPGA update, you must power cycle the Vertex and when you connect it back, the OLED will stay OFF for about 15s (time to apply the update internally), wait till OLED is back ON and then you can proceed normally.
- Easiest/Fastest/Recommended way: Update MCU, then Update FPGA, then powercycle.
- If you fine tuned your unit config and settings, export your config before update and import it back once update is completed.
- Once update is completed you might see a lock icon on the OLED top right corner, please do the combo trick: HOLD RST and PRESS INP 2 times, OLED will prompt for powercycle, simply remove/reconnect USB powercord (if you exported your config before update and imported back after update, you don't need to repeat this trick, the lock icon won't be visible)
##########> What's new/fixed in 188.8.131.52
1. Added automix capability to support auto low-latency mode (ALLM) and variable refresh rate modes (VRR)
2. Added automix capability for HDR10+
3. Fixed 1080p50/60 420 autoscaling issue on bottom output
4. changed analog L/R audio options and fixed polarity error.
5. For users testing, we added Samsung Q9FN EDID as Custom EDID slot. (ALLM/VRR/HDR10+)
6. Input lag improved (from original less than 1ms down to nano seconds)
7. handshake time and compatibility should be improved slightly. (prolly not human perceptible)
Download Link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_184.108.40.206_GUI_1.31.zip
The default Auto-Sense mode for Auto-Scaling (SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING) coupled with default Custom EDID (EDID slide on CUSTOM) should be enough to give you a picture in any setup.
If not, please remember than when using AUTOSCALING, you have access to 10 quick-presets that are specifically introduced for the TOP port down-scaling. (refer to usermanual p.14)
Auto Sense also upscale automatically except if manually turned OFF from GUI/APP/IR/RS232.
- For now Vertex does not support output 4k30 420 148MHz. (Please note that this signal doesn't officially exist in AV
- For users of first the Vertex PCB version (PCB1) with HDMI active cable non powered by their own power supply, please refer to that post if you are experiencing issue. (You can easily isolate the issue by testing with 6-12ft copper)
- LLDV mode not yet supported (Sony Bravia A1 (Oled), AF8 (Oled), XE93, XE94 and ZD9), in the meantime, you can inject Custom HDR when playing DV from ATV.
For any support issue/question:
- Please try to export your vertexconfig.txt (GUI > FILE > EXPORT) when trying the signal through and having the issue (if possible) and attach it as a txt file in your post.
- If you cannot provide config file, then it's mandatory to confirm you are running the latest firmware 220.127.116.11 and operating latest GUI 1.31
- Issue Description, ultimately with Link to Display and/or AVR usermanual in PDF format and Link to any active or fiber cable in use.
- Always make conclusion and bug report using Wall Plug Adapter to power Vertex.
- If you have a lock icon on OLED top right corner: HOLD RST and press INP 2 times, Vertex OLED will prompt for powercycle (Remove/Reconnect USB powercord > lock icon will disappear after restart)
- Always describe your video chain path with brand/model of all equipment as well as hdmi cable length and type between them (ex: SOURCE Brand/Model > 6ft copper > Vertex INP0-OUT1> 6ft copper > AVR Brand/Model > etc...)
Example of video chain description:
Source Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber
) > Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > etc...
In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in one chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > X4200 > 6ft copper > LG C7
In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in split chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > LG C7
---------------------------------> 6ft copper > X4200
- Android/iOS APP and GoBlue FW have pending update incoming. Vertex APP will display GoBlue FW version when any connection issue.
General note on Vertex: (MUST READ)
We have made changes to our production files in order to ensure that next production run will be able to address mainly two issues that are affecting the overall experience with Vertex.
Analog audio output was improved and we added new control for them in GUI (it is then normal that this new section in GUI is grayed out for current users with current Vertex units aka PCB1).
Voltage at output have been reworked to accommodate active cables non powered by their own power supply. Many users had to purchase 5.25V PSU (or our universal power supply port1) with current units to get such cables working. Upcoming Vertex units (PCB2) will handle such cables out of the box.
Please note that the new production is not yet launched, however we have made and assembled a few units to help users who were affected by one of the two issues listed above.
Attached is a screenshot of GoWifi Web interface, work in progress.