HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 95 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1143Likes

post #2821 of 4552 Old 06-02-2018, 06:01 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4391 Post(s)
Liked: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
Ok, got it, it seems some TVs don't work with the default AVI 00:E8:64:5D:00.
The color space seems to work fine if forced in the scaler tab (the Q9FN recognized BT.2020).
So I have to input 00:E8:64:61:00 for 4K/60p through the DVDO TPG.
Which is the VIC value for 2160p30?

What about playing 2160p30 and reading the AVI infoframe from the GUI to deduct it on the fly ?
Answer is 95 but you still have to convert to HEX, so if you don't know how to do that, just use above method.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-02-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2822 of 4552 Old 06-02-2018, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
This is normal. When playing a Dolby Vision title, the Oppo will report 4K24 Dolby Vision 12bit. But it sends the output wrapped in an RGB container. That is what the Vertex sees and reports as RGB 8bit input and output. The Dolby Vision capable display will decode the DV content contained within the RGB container.
Ok got rid of the padlock. Great thanks, so in Automix this is how it works for Dolbyvision? HDR is also fine in Automix mode. This all I wanted so will leave as is.

Sony VPL-VW520 | Elitescreens TT 135" 2.35:1 | Elitescreens TT 120" 16x9 | Prismasonic HD-6000F | Onkyo TX-RZ3100 | Oppo UDP-203 | PS4 PRO | ATV4K | LG OLED 65 C7 | Klipsch Reference RP-280 | Klipsch Reference RP-280C | Klipsch Reference RP-250S | Klipsch Reference RP-150M | Klipsch Reference R-115SW | Klipsch Reference R-140SA
post #2823 of 4552 Old 06-03-2018, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
What about playing 2160p30 and reading the AVI infoframe from the GUI to deduct it on the fly ?
Answer is 95 but you still have to convert to HEX, so if you don't know how to do that, just use above method.
Ok, so the correct AVI for 2160p30 should be 00:E8:64:5F:00.
To read the AVI infoframe from the GUI I have to use an HDR source with 2160p30 resolution, is it correct?
Forcing BT.2020 in the scaler tab is a correct alternative?

Last edited by Onslaught; 06-03-2018 at 03:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2824 of 4552 Old 06-03-2018, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok, so the correct AVI for 2160p30 should be 00:E8:64:5F:00.
To read the AVI infoframe from the GUI I have to use an HDR source with 2160p30 resolution, is it correct?
Forcing BT.2020 in the scaler tab is a correct alternative?

You asked VIC code for 2160p30, so I'm not sure why you would need to use HDR source to deduct that, while it's true that initially 300MHz VIC were added to HDMI 1.4 standard and then HDMI2.0 added more/alternative for 300MHz that replaced earlier one in CEA831
I suggest you read a bit and learn first as it seems you need to catch up a bit:

This is a very good summary of what you should know regarding 4K: https://elinux.org/images/5/53/Elce2017_0-hdmi.pdf
Especially p.13 for you.

For VIC code list you can refer to p.9 here: http://www.go-gddq.com/upload/2017-0...1009219791.pdf

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #2825 of 4552 Old 06-03-2018, 09:46 AM

Quote:
You asked VIC code for 2160p30, so I'm not sure why you would need to use HDR source to deduct that
So I can use every 2160p30 source to deduct the correct AVI, it can be a non HDR input.
Thank you, I used Integral with AVI generated from CalMAN until now, so I'm not really an expert in this.
I suppose that forcing color space BT.2020 in the scaler tab (instead of "follow input") it's not ok to change the color space.
post #2826 of 4552 Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
So I can use every 2160p30 source to deduct the correct AVI, it can be a non HDR input.
Thank you, I used Integral with AVI generated from CalMAN until now, so I'm not really an expert in this.
I suppose that forcing color space BT.2020 in the scaler tab (instead of "follow input") it's not ok to change the color space.

Please do not mix things up, you asked for 2160p30 VIC code and I gave you an easy way to deduct it yourself. 2160p30 VIC and "correct AVI" are NOT the same thing.
a VIC is needed to format a correct AVI but that's not the only thing needed otherwise AVI infoframe would be 2 digits only.

If you want to calibrate for HDR, then playing HDR signal at same res, same refresh rate, same color space, etc.. will more likely give you the right AVI infoframe if you are carefully using Vertex, since for any signals, Vertex will give you all details about it.
Basically AVI infoframe is ciphered version of what you see on the OLED/GUI/APP about signal info.

You can change color space by forcing BT2020 in scaler tab, but if incoming signal is not BT2020 then Vertex won't magically create the missing colors info out of thin air for you and if the purpose is calibration for HDR/BT2020, then you will be all wrong for the purpose.
So once again it all depends what you are trying to achieve.

This being said, I'm not here to provide anything more than the basic about such question, especially I cannot spend time explaining things you should learn yourself by reading a few docs there and there.
Understand that it's out of context/topic here and I cannot bring you to calibrator level on my own via a few posts.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-03-2018 at 11:17 AM.
post #2827 of 4552 Old 06-04-2018, 11:38 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
New Vertex/output sound to AVR Not working

Hello,

I've set up the new Vertex.
Directv -> Vertex input 1
Sony UltraHD Blueray -> input 0

HD output -> LG B7
1080p output -> Pioneer SC-1523K AVR

HD passes to TV with audio.
No sound comes through the AVR

The goal would be to have surround sound go to AVR from input 0/1 depending on what I am watching and always go to TV.

Your help is appreciated much!
post #2828 of 4552 Old 06-04-2018, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1416kit View Post
Hello,

I've set up the new Vertex.
Directv -> Vertex input 1
Sony UltraHD Blueray -> input 0

HD output -> LG B7
1080p output -> Pioneer SC-1523K AVR

HD passes to TV with audio.
No sound comes through the AVR

The goal would be to have surround sound go to AVR from input 0/1 depending on what I am watching and always go to TV.

Your help is appreciated much!

SCALE SLIDE ON AUTOSCALING
EDID SLIDE on CUSTOM

Display to BOTTOM OUTPUT
AVR to TOP OUTPUT

Make sure you have removed the lock icon on OLED if any (read first post or usermanual p.13)

If still any problem after that, confirm cable length between equipment, confirm you are powering the unit using supplied power adapter, export your config from windows GUI. (usermanual p.43)

post #2829 of 4552 Old 06-04-2018, 01:05 PM

Thank you.

I've done that. The audio is switching on and off on the AVR. It says Digital HDMI then turns off and Digital HDMI disappears.

Is there anything else to configure?
Attached Files
File Type: txt config.txt (7.2 KB, 8 views)
post #2830 of 4552 Old 06-04-2018, 01:34 PM

Also, to add; I've updated the firmware. It's working after a reboot as long as the AVR isn't connected. As soon as that is connected, the screen goes black and says that the TV isn't capable of the output (regular HD or UHD). This message comes from the Directv receiver.

Last edited by p1416kit; 06-04-2018 at 05:26 PM.
post #2831 of 4552 Old 06-05-2018, 05:11 AM

I tried all the AVI info frames (for 4K) written in the Vertex manual and no one works with Vertex and DVDO TPG with the Samsung Q9FN.
Are we sure the format is correct?
I tried to capture the info frame from an Ultra HD Blu-ray Sony and it's different (it's longer) and it works, even if I'm not sure it's correct because it's a 12-bit video signal and the DVDO is 8-bit.
post #2832 of 4552 Old 06-05-2018, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you.

I've done that. The audio is switching on and off on the AVR. It says Digital HDMI then turns off and Digital HDMI disappears.

Is there anything else to configure?
Quote:
Also, to add; I've updated the firmware. It's working after a reboot as long as the AVR isn't connected. As soon as that is connected, the screen goes black and says that the TV isn't capable of the output (regular HD or UHD). This message comes from the Directv receiver.

The lock icon is not removed on this config, so either you did not remove it, or you removed it but updated firmware again after, so you need to remove it again.
Please do and re export config if you still have problem.

I also asked for cable length at input and output in case of problem.

post #2833 of 4552 Old 06-05-2018, 07:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I tried all the AVI info frames (for 4K) written in the Vertex manual and no one works with Vertex and DVDO TPG with the Samsung Q9FN.
I tried to capture the info frame from an Ultra HD Blu-ray Sony and it's different (it's longer) and it works, even if I'm not sure it's correct because it's a 12-bit video signal and the DVDO is 8-bit.

Yes format is correct, if you understand how this works, then you should know that it all depends on exact signal info and you NEVER provided any details on any of your post.
so export config when you are trying then it will be more clear where you are doing a mistake.

post #2834 of 4552 Old 06-05-2018, 11:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Vertex FW 1.32.1.32 + GUI 1.31 ALLM/VRR/HDR10+

Vertex FW1.32.1.32 and GUI 1.31

Make sure to install Silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update IS NOT mandatory (you do not need to update if everything is working well in your setup)

- Remember that after FPGA update, you must power cycle the Vertex and when you connect it back, the OLED will stay OFF for about 15s (time to apply the update internally), wait till OLED is back ON and then you can proceed normally.
- Easiest/Fastest/Recommended way: Update MCU, then Update FPGA, then powercycle.
- If you fine tuned your unit config and settings, export your config before update and import it back once update is completed.
- Once update is completed you might see a lock icon on the OLED top right corner, please do the combo trick: HOLD RST and PRESS INP 2 times, OLED will prompt for powercycle, simply remove/reconnect USB powercord (if you exported your config before update and imported back after update, you don't need to repeat this trick, the lock icon won't be visible)

##########> What's new/fixed in 1.32.1.32

1. Added automix capability to support auto low-latency mode (ALLM) and variable refresh rate modes (VRR)

2. Added automix capability for HDR10+

3. Fixed 1080p50/60 420 autoscaling issue on bottom output

4. changed analog L/R audio options and fixed polarity error.

5. For users testing, we added Samsung Q9FN EDID as Custom EDID slot. (ALLM/VRR/HDR10+)

6. Input lag improved (from original less than 1ms down to nano seconds)

7. handshake time and compatibility should be improved slightly. (prolly not human perceptible)

Download Link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_1.32.1.32_GUI_1.31.zip

The default Auto-Sense mode for Auto-Scaling (SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING) coupled with default Custom EDID (EDID slide on CUSTOM) should be enough to give you a picture in any setup.
If not, please remember than when using AUTOSCALING, you have access to 10 quick-presets that are specifically introduced for the TOP port down-scaling. (refer to usermanual p.14)
Auto Sense also upscale automatically except if manually turned OFF from GUI/APP/IR/RS232.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- For now Vertex does not support output 4k30 420 148MHz. (Please note that this signal doesn't officially exist in AV)
- For users of first the Vertex PCB version (PCB1) with HDMI active cable non powered by their own power supply, please refer to that post if you are experiencing issue. (You can easily isolate the issue by testing with 6-12ft copper)
- LLDV mode not yet supported (Sony Bravia A1 (Oled), AF8 (Oled), XE93, XE94 and ZD9), in the meantime, you can inject Custom HDR when playing DV from ATV.

For any support issue/question:
- Please try to export your vertexconfig.txt (GUI > FILE > EXPORT) when trying the signal through and having the issue (if possible) and attach it as a txt file in your post.
- If you cannot provide config file, then it's mandatory to confirm you are running the latest firmware 1.32.1.32 and operating latest GUI 1.31
- Issue Description, ultimately with Link to Display and/or AVR usermanual in PDF format and Link to any active or fiber cable in use.
- Always make conclusion and bug report using Wall Plug Adapter to power Vertex.
- If you have a lock icon on OLED top right corner: HOLD RST and press INP 2 times, Vertex OLED will prompt for powercycle (Remove/Reconnect USB powercord > lock icon will disappear after restart)
- Always describe your video chain path with brand/model of all equipment as well as hdmi cable length and type between them (ex: SOURCE Brand/Model > 6ft copper > Vertex INP0-OUT1> 6ft copper > AVR Brand/Model > etc...)

Example of video chain description:
Source Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > etc...

In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in one chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > X4200 > 6ft copper > LG C7

In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in split chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > LG C7
---------------------------------> 6ft copper > X4200

GoBlue users:
- Android/iOS APP and GoBlue FW have pending update incoming. Vertex APP will display GoBlue FW version when any connection issue.

General note on Vertex: (MUST READ)
We have made changes to our production files in order to ensure that next production run will be able to address mainly two issues that are affecting the overall experience with Vertex.
Analog audio output was improved and we added new control for them in GUI (it is then normal that this new section in GUI is grayed out for current users with current Vertex units aka PCB1).
Voltage at output have been reworked to accommodate active cables non powered by their own power supply. Many users had to purchase 5.25V PSU (or our universal power supply port1) with current units to get such cables working. Upcoming Vertex units (PCB2) will handle such cables out of the box.
Please note that the new production is not yet launched, however we have made and assembled a few units to help users who were affected by one of the two issues listed above.

GoWifi Progress:
Attached is a screenshot of GoWifi Web interface, work in progress.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	web.png
Views:	76
Size:	322.2 KB
ID:	2412268  

post #2835 of 4552 Old 06-05-2018, 06:50 PM

Hello,

Unlock is done. I've reset to factory just to start over.

Sound is working with AVR now but there is still no 4k from the Directv receiver. I haven't checked the UHD player yet, just to keep this to one thing at a time.

Lengths:
Directv to Vertex 1m
Vertex to TV is 10Ft
Vertex to AVR is 6 Ft.
UHD Blueray is 6 Ft.

Thank you again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config.txt (7.1 KB, 9 views)
post #2836 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 03:19 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
@HDfury

Does the latest firmware (Vertex FW1.32.1.32 and GUI 1.31) support Sony Dolby Vision Low Latency profile?

TIA

Polve
JGrana likes this.
post #2837 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 05:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hello,

Unlock is done. I've reset to factory just to start over.

Sound is working with AVR now but there is still no 4k from the Directv receiver. I haven't checked the UHD player yet, just to keep this to one thing at a time.

Lengths:
Directv to Vertex 1m
Vertex to TV is 10Ft
Vertex to AVR is 6 Ft.
UHD Blueray is 6 Ft.

Thank you again.

Unlock is still NOT done on this config and you are in CUSTOM SCALING while you should be in AUTOSCALING.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polve View Post
@HDfury

Does the latest firmware (Vertex FW1.32.1.32 and GUI 1.31) support Sony Dolby Vision Low Latency profile?

TIA

Polve

Re-read please:

KNOWN ISSUES:
- LLDV mode not yet supported (Sony Bravia A1 (Oled), AF8 (Oled), XE93, XE94 and ZD9), in the meantime, you can inject Custom HDR when playing DV from ATV.

post #2838 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:

Re-read please:

KNOWN ISSUES:
sorry, I missed it
post #2839 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 09:50 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I have now ordered the X4 Scaler in your Shop to Scale 1080p HDR to 1080 SDR with the upcomeing update and the Vertex. I am Looking Forward to it. :-) I hope i will manage it to do the Adjustment because i am not a pro. I have a Question in Advance. I am Streaming with an Elgato capture Card. Inputs in the Vertex is a PS4 pro and a Nintendo Switch. Output from the Vertex TV and Elgato. I am Streaming with the PS4 pro and the Nintendo Switch. So the Output from the Vertex to the X4 Scaler is sometimes 1080p SDR (Switch and PS 4 pro several games) and sometimes 1080p HDR (PS 4 pro). Can i let the X4 Scaler all the time between the Vertex and the Elgato or have i to unplugge the X4 scaler if there is 1080p SDR comeing from the Vertex? Because the scaler is adjust to scale HDR to SDR? I hope you understand my Question. My english is not really good i know
post #2840 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb1609 View Post
I have now ordered the X4 Scaler in your Shop to Scale 1080p HDR to 1080 SDR with the upcomeing update and the Vertex. I am Looking Forward to it. :-) I hope i will manage it to do the Adjustment because i am not a pro. I have a Question in Advance. I am Streaming with an Elgato capture Card. Inputs in the Vertex is a PS4 pro and a Nintendo Switch. Output from the Vertex TV and Elgato. I am Streaming with the PS4 pro and the Nintendo Switch. So the Output from the Vertex to the X4 Scaler is sometimes 1080p SDR (Switch and PS 4 pro several games) and sometimes 1080p HDR (PS 4 pro). Can i let the X4 Scaler all the time between the Vertex and the Elgato or have i to unplugge the X4 scaler if there is 1080p SDR comeing from the Vertex? Because the scaler is adjust to scale HDR to SDR? I hope you understand my Question. My english is not really good i know

Yes once available you can let X4 and HDR>SDR converter FW always connected it will automatically detect when there is HDR and convert it to SDR and automatically detect if signal is SDR and let SDR pass thru untouched.

post #2841 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 11:12 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Thanks for the Answere…..that sounds awsome….
post #2842 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 03:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

I found this for you, could help you decipher AVI infoframe: http://www.edidreader.com/infoframes/avi/

post #2843 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Unable to update MCU to 1.32

First I got:Incorrect Firmware version
Updated FPGA and got past that now I get: Unable to open handle to device
Tried restoring my backed up settings (attached), which worked.
Rebooted and tried a last time:Incorrect Firmware version

At least the unit is working, but now is out of sync as I can not flash the MCU at all to my unit.

Current MCU is 1.30, as it would not work at all with 1.31 I skipped this version entirely (no output above 300MHz)

EDIT: Tried rebooting, same thing, then I tried a different system, and it flashed.

Every time it is a fight, this time is different an previously, but every time a fight, to the finish yet this time I won!
ERIC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-06-06_19-01-20.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	2412840   Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-06-06_18-57-19.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	2412842   Click image for larger version

Name:	VERTEX-GUI-1.31_2018-06-06_19-09-09.png
Views:	36
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	2412848  
Attached Files
File Type: txt my_config.txt (7.1 KB, 7 views)

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC

Last edited by egandt; 06-06-2018 at 05:32 PM.
post #2844 of 4552 Old 06-06-2018, 08:39 PM

[QUOTE=HDfury;56299994]Unlock is still NOT done on this config and you are in CUSTOM SCALING while you should be in AUTOSCALING.

Thank you much for your help.

It is working in all modes. The only question I have left is this: Does the input auto sense where the signal is coming in or will I have to manually change it (in the gui) each time I switch between the UHD BlueRay player and the TV?

If this is the only option, is there an easier way to do this other than linking my laptop and doing it via the GUI? Else this is only a temporary work-around until I can get another receiver as good as the one that I have.

Hopeful...

Thank you again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt config.txt (7.1 KB, 6 views)
post #2845 of 4552 Old 06-07-2018, 07:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
First I got:Incorrect Firmware version
Updated FPGA and got past that now I get: Unable to open handle to device
Tried restoring my backed up settings (attached), which worked.
Rebooted and tried a last time:Incorrect Firmware version

At least the unit is working, but now is out of sync as I can not flash the MCU at all to my unit.

Current MCU is 1.30, as it would not work at all with 1.31 I skipped this version entirely (no output above 300MHz)

EDIT: Tried rebooting, same thing, then I tried a different system, and it flashed.

Every time it is a fight, this time is different an previously, but every time a fight, to the finish yet this time I won!
ERIC

Eric please, on the screenshot that you sent where it's not working, we can see that you have the GUI utility opened behind ! you cannot update the unit if the GUI utility is working as it have the lead, it's written in README.txt of firmware and on the updater itself that you need to close the GUI !! right under your eyes !
There is no fight, except for me having users to read a bit

Now your config show 1.14.1.20 and on GUI screenshot 1.14.1.30

So according to config, you don't have latest version and according to GUI screenshot you have a wrong combo of MCU/FPGA update.

Update MCU, Update FPGA, restart, wait 15sec for OLED to come back on, remove lock icon (if any) and you are done.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-07-2018 at 08:15 AM.
post #2846 of 4552 Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1416kit
Thank you much for your help.

It is working in all modes. The only question I have left is this: Does the input auto sense where the signal is coming in or will I have to manually change it (in the gui) each time I switch between the UHD BlueRay player and the TV?

If this is the only option, is there an easier way to do this other than linking my laptop and doing it via the GUI? Else this is only a temporary work-around until I can get another receiver as good as the one that I have.

Hopeful...

Thank you again.
Ok config looks ok now and confirmed by your feedback "it is working in all modes".

Regarding your question: I assume that TV = Direct TV and you are talking about switching between both inputs.
IF so, switching is done automatically, if you turn on one source, Vertex will go on it, if another source turns on and current turns off, it will switch on the active one.
The only possible problem here is with source when their OFF status is not really off, in such case if you meet any problem, you can activate INPUT PRIORITY in GUI, which will switch to a source as soon as you turn in ON.

You can also switch manually using Push button, IR, RS232, GUI or Android/iOS APP with GoBlue.

All that in usermanual !

Last edited by HDfury; 06-07-2018 at 08:13 AM.
post #2847 of 4552 Old 06-07-2018, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Ok config looks ok now and confirmed by your feedback "it is working in all modes".

Regarding your question: I assume that TV = Direct TV and you are talking about switching between both inputs.
IF so, switching is done automatically, if you turn on one source, Vertex will go on it, if another source turns on and current turns off, it will switch on the active one.
The only possible problem here is with source when their OFF status is not really off, in such case if you meet any problem, you can activate INPUT PRIORITY in GUI, which will switch to a source as soon as you turn in ON.

You can also switch manually using Push button, IR, RS232, GUI or Android/iOS APP with GoBlue.

All that in usermanual !
It may very well be in the user manual, but the manual is not CLEAR! THIS can be evidenced by the shear amount of users requesting help on this FORUM!

Do you see how when you capitalize words and use explanation marks that this can be construed as shouting and that you are irritated? I'm pretty sure this is your job (to answer questions and help on this forum). Do not talk down to individuals that pay your paycheck by yelling at them and telling them that it is in the manual. If someone needs help, help them...or don't. Luckily, there are people out there that do like to help others AND AREN'T GETTING PAID TO DO IT!

In any case, thank you for your help to this point.
post #2848 of 4552 Old 06-07-2018, 10:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 2315 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
HDfury,

Lately, my Vertex is changing the configured setting values for Custom EDID and for RS232 Baud Rate. None of the other settings are changed. This seems to only occur after several days of not passing any signal through the Vertex. I don't have the most recent firmware loaded yet, but it occurred with both of the previous firmware versions.

RS232 Baud Rate is changed to 9600.
Custom EDID Port 0 is changed to EDID 2, the LG DV EDID. I always have it set to EDID 11 with Port 1 as Follows.

I always notice when this occurs because

1) My JVC projector does not receive a Macro command from the Vertex.
2) My Oppo does not send HDR when playing a Dolby Vision disc because it thinks the display is Dolby Vision capable. I used to have my LG OLED connected to the Vertex along with my JVC but I have moved it to another location.

I have my current config saved. The next time it occurs I will save the config with the changed values before resetting them so the two configs can be compared.

I have the Vertex permanently connected to a Windows PC with the GUI active. Could it be occurring after the PC goes into sleep mode? Perhaps not getting sufficient power during that time to retain settings and reverts to some defaults? Does not seem likely since all other setting values are not lost; including the JVC Macro settings.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
post #2849 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 04:20 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Hi HDfury .. I jus got a new 4k tv, and have a question regarding upscaling 1080 sources to 4k, will Vertex do better job upscaling than the tv upscaling?

How can Vertex be useful to me now that I got a 4k tv?

Thanks.

Last edited by OMXP; 06-08-2018 at 06:07 AM.
post #2850 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 05:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It may very well be in the user manual, but the manual is not CLEAR! THIS can be evidenced by the shear amount of users requesting help on this FORUM!

Do you see how when you capitalize words and use explanation marks that this can be construed as shouting and that you are irritated? I'm pretty sure this is your job (to answer questions and help on this forum). Do not talk down to individuals that pay your paycheck by yelling at them and telling them that it is in the manual. If someone needs help, help them...or don't. Luckily, there are people out there that do like to help others AND AREN'T GETTING PAID TO DO IT!

In any case, thank you for your help to this point.

Look I have enough experience here and answered enough questions to know exactly that most people are not reading the manual neither the forum, (and many times, not even reading onscreen software instructions) and that they will just post same questions again and again even if the answer is often on one of the previous page if not on the same one.
For ex, you haven't read the first post of this thread (or you would have removed the lock icon) and you haven't read the manual (or you would have removed the lock icon)

If you had read a bit you would know that I'm not getting paid for helping here, I do it on my spare time, my main purpose of being here is to identify real issue from setup issue in order to provide reports to our devs so we can improve the overall routines to match as many use cases as we can, always been like that and we have proven that multiple times.

Now you are saying that I'm shooting and seem irritated because I capitalize ? so where exactly did I capitalize words ?
The only words I capitalize are usually WORDS that appears in USERMANUAL, words such as SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING.
This is done with the hope that the reader understand that if it's in capital then it should have a link with something they can identify on the device, software or manual.

The only word I capitalized in my answer to you is "INPUT PRIORITY in GUI", in the hope that you understand that "INPUT PRIORITY" is an option you can find in "GUI"

Funny how people accept help when they have a problem and once problem solved, how some can behave like I'm a slave for them and should write as and how they wish.
All that is a waste of time, for you, me and everyone. I'll use capital and use explanation mark as I want cause I don't think I'm making any bad use of it, despite what you just wrote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
HDfury,

Lately, my Vertex is changing the configured setting values for Custom EDID and for RS232 Baud Rate. None of the other settings are changed. This seems to only occur after several days of not passing any signal through the Vertex. I don't have the most recent firmware loaded yet, but it occurred with both of the previous firmware versions.

RS232 Baud Rate is changed to 9600.
Custom EDID Port 0 is changed to EDID 2, the LG DV EDID. I always have it set to EDID 11 with Port 1 as Follows.

I always notice when this occurs because

1) My JVC projector does not receive a Macro command from the Vertex.
2) My Oppo does not send HDR when playing a Dolby Vision disc because it thinks the display is Dolby Vision capable. I used to have my LG OLED connected to the Vertex along with my JVC but I have moved it to another location.

I have my current config saved. The next time it occurs I will save the config with the changed values before resetting them so the two configs can be compared.

I have the Vertex permanently connected to a Windows PC with the GUI active. Could it be occurring after the PC goes into sleep mode? Perhaps not getting sufficient power during that time to retain settings and reverts to some defaults? Does not seem likely since all other setting values are not lost; including the JVC Macro settings.

May be EDID can change to EDID 2 because Combo for EDID is similar to Combo for lock icon (lock icon = hold RST and press INP2 times while EDID change is hold INFO and press INP 2 times) so if you do lock icon combo by inadvertently holding INFO button instead of RST, it ends up with EDID2. > all theory of course.

if GUI is always connected then may be the problem is at startup, because Vertex startup and initialization takes some time and ressources, even after the OLED display signal, the unit is still settings things up for a couple of secs, so if you have GUI link at that time, then possibly something could go off.
Normally you should wait till OLED display signal info before connecting GUI.

If you can find a way to repeat the issue at will, let us know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMXP View Post
Hi HDfury .. I jus got a new 4k tv, and have a question regarding upscaling 1080 sources to 4k, will Vertex do better job upscaling than the tv upscaling?

How can Vertex be useful to me now that I got a 4k tv?

Thanks.

It all depends the TV brand/model and its upscale quality, you can easily compare by setting Vertex to AUTOSCALING for upscaling and then turn off UPSCALING in GUI.
To answer how Vertex can be useful, it depends the setup, so if you want answer to that, please provide setup description or link to where you posted it initially if you already did.

But stay assured that with the multiple standards and revision, you will need such versatile tool at some point now or in the future. (recently Direct TV HLG doesn't work on Samsung 2016 without one of our devices in between, one more use case among already many others)

Last edited by HDfury; 06-08-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page