HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 96 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1143Likes

post #2851 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 06:07 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Another question please ..

How can I get Dolby Vision using vertex? I only get HDR when using aptv4!

My TV is Sony x900f and I only get HDR from ATV4 although ATV4 shows the output is Dolby vision, but the TV is not showing DV picture.

My new setup is :

ATV4k >> Onkyo RZ1100 >> Vertex >>Sony X900F 4k TV.

all cables are high speed hdmi.

thanks

Last edited by OMXP; 06-08-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2852 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 06:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Quoted: 4391 Post(s)
Liked: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by OMXP View Post
Another question please ..

How can I get Dolby Vision using vertex? I only get HDR when using aptv4!

My TV is Sony x900f and I only get HDR from ATV4 although ATV4 shows the output is Dolby vision, but the TV is not showing DV picture.

My new setup is :

ATV4k >> Onkyo RZ1100 >> Vertex >>Sony X900F 4k TV.

all cables are high speed hdmi.

thanks

I guess Onkyo doesn't support DV in such case you need to disconnect Vertex from it's current location and insert it between SOURCE and AVR
This will allow source to see your display DV string (cause Vertex automatically sniff it and save it for future use) and then source will send DV.

The problem here is that your sony doesn't use REAL DV, it uses a somehow special DV mode called LLDV that is only available from 2 sources currently ATV4K officially and OPPO in beta.
Vertex currently doesn't support LLDV directly (work in progress) however you can get good results if when ATV4K send LLDV, you also send HDR custom metadata from Windows GUI HDR section.
You would have to turn this option ON/OFF based on content, if DV, then turn custom HDR ON, other content, leave it OFF.
> this is temp solution for LLDV as we are working on it.
JGrana and DrTim like this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-08-2018 at 06:44 AM.
post #2853 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 06:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 2315 Post(s)
Liked: 2170
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
...if GUI is always connected then may be the problem is at startup, because Vertex startup and initialization takes some time and resources, even after the OLED display signal, the unit is still settings things up for a couple of secs, so if you have GUI link at that time, then possibly something could go off.
Normally you should wait till OLED display signal info before connecting GUI.

If you can find a way to repeat the issue at will, let us know.
This sounds like a possibility. I will start checking the GUI before powering on any components connected to the Vertex. Either that might prevent the issue from occurring at all, or it might help determining what is occurring.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2854 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I guess Onkyo doesn't support DV in such case you need to disconnect Vertex from it's current location and insert it between SOURCE and AVR
This will allow source to see your display DV string (cause Vertex automatically sniff it and save it for future use) and then source will send DV.

The problem here is that your sony doesn't use REAL DV, it uses a somehow special DV mode called LLDV that is only available from 2 sources currently ATV4K officially and OPPO in beta.
Vertex currently doesn't support LLDV directly (work in progress) however you can get good results if when ATV4K send LLDV, you also send HDR custom metadata from Windows GUI HDR section.
You would have to turn this option ON/OFF based on content, if DV, then turn custom HDR ON, other content, leave it OFF.
The Sony UBP-X700 has also been updated very recently to support the Sony specific Dolby Vision profile. Sony player owners are finding that the new profile can be used with both Sony and non-Sony displays such as the LG OLEDs. .

I have not yet loaded either of my Oppo players with the Beta firmware. One of my Oppo players is connected to a LG B7 OLED but I have resisted my curiosity so far. Oppo has responded to an owner query that it is not recommended to use the Sony DV profile with other display brands even if it appears to be working. It appears that the 2017 LG OLEDs can process Sony DV Profile input from the Oppo but not the 2016 models.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 06-08-2018 at 07:36 AM.
post #2855 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 08:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
The Sony UBP-X700 has also been updated very recently to support the Sony specific Dolby Vision profile. Sony player owners are finding that the new profile can be used with both Sony and non-Sony displays such as the LG OLEDs. .

I have not yet loaded either of my Oppo players with the Beta firmware. One of my Oppo players is connected to a LG B7 OLED but I have resisted my curiosity so far. Oppo has responded to an owner query that it is not recommended to use the Sony DV profile with other display brands even if it appears to be working. It appears that the 2017 LG OLEDs can process Sony DV Profile input from the Oppo but not the 2016 models.

Yes of course, all SONY sources will support it more likely, I meant... only 2 "others sources" than sony. Which means, I doubt that we will see any others sources than ATV4K, OPPO and the sony one to ever support this mode and I also doubt that next Sony TV will keep same DV mode. But I can be wrong !

And yes we had same results: we couldn't get ATV4K or OPPO (with beta fw) send LLDV to LG OLED 2016. and yes Dolby confirmed that some LG models will support this mode too.

Interesting to note the ATV4K output for LLDV and the OPPO output for LLDV are not the same ! which means that display have more processing to do when getting LLDV from OPPO compared to ATV4K , all this can change after oppo makes it public/official ofc.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-08-2018 at 08:51 AM.
post #2856 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 08:51 AM

Quote:

Thanks for the reply .. i can’t put vertex between atv and onkyo because i have other devices.
My onkyo support DV (recently updated). I think I will wait for the next update of vertex.
post #2857 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 08:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMXP View Post
Thanks for the reply .. i can’t put vertex between atv and onkyo because i have other devices.
My onkyo support DV (recently updated). I think I will wait for the next update of vertex.

Supporting DV and supporting LLDV is not the same thing (unfortunately)

If AVR supports DV, you can try using AUTOMIX on Vertex, this will report display DV string to AVR which should report it to your source and should enable DV.
IF that is not working, it means that AVR supports DV but not LLDV

Connecting SOURCE > VERTEX > AVR > DISPLAY is not necessary to be done for final setup, it just represent an useful test so you can confirm that:
1) ATV > VERTEX works fine for LLDV (despite having to send custom HDR at the same time to have a decent picture on the sony TV)
2) Your AVR support DV but not LLDV

So even you wait for next Vertex update, as long as Vertex is after AVR you won't have this working if AVR doesn't support LLDV, so finally, you already found a new use case for our device despite having upgraded to 4K TV

Last edited by HDfury; 06-08-2018 at 08:59 AM.
post #2858 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 518 Post(s)
Liked: 400
Quote:
Yes of course, all SONY sources will support it more likely, I meant... only 2 "others sources" than sony. Which means, I doubt that we will see any others sources than ATV4K, OPPO and the sony one to ever support this mode and I also doubt that next Sony TV will keep same DV mode. But I can be wrong !

And yes we had same results: we couldn't get ATV4K or OPPO (with beta fw) send LLDV to LG OLED 2016. and yes Dolby confirmed that some LG models will support this mode too.

Interesting to note the ATV4K output for LLDV and the OPPO output for LLDV are not the same ! which means that display have more processing to do when getting LLDV from OPPO compared to ATV4K , all this can change after oppo makes it public/official ofc.
I believe that most if not all receivers support and properly pass the LLDV from the AppleTV to the Sony TV as well.

Dan

Equipment:
Sony XBR65A1E / Denon AVR-X4400H / Outlaw 5000 amp / Apple TV 4K /
Playstation 4 Pro / Bowers & Wilkins 685, HTM62, M1 / Klipsch KSW-15 /
Ubiquiti Unifi Network
post #2859 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 10:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancolt View Post
I believe that most if not all receivers support and properly pass the LLDV from the AppleTV to the Sony TV as well.

Dan
No no ! That all depends on how they mix EDID and mixing things that went into real life after the AVR was designed is not necessarily working (read the current Linker thread discussion on going, or the HLG Samsung 2016 one as living proof)
Now if you have an AVR with EDID option allowing to present the display EDID exact 1:1 copy to the source, it could work (if AVR have such option)

Anyway that's super easy to determine if ATV4K > TV gives LLDV and ATV4K > AVR > TV does not give LLDV then you know !

For ex, I doubt many Denon AVR supports LLDV. Even if they could present LLDV string from display to the source, just like Vertex can, there is chance it would still not work because some equipment handle 4:2:2 the same way as we do with a full 12b tunnel and that seems to kill the LLDV information that should be picked up by the display to enter the right mode for LLDV, which is basically HDR mode + a few settings tweaks.

This is why it's taking some time for us to solve, because we have to create a special mode for handling 4:2:2 12b from LLDV and yet not sure we can do it without any trade offs.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-08-2018 at 10:07 PM.
post #2860 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 11:03 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
No no ! That all depends on how they mix EDID and mixing things that went into real life after the AVR was designed is not necessarily working (read the current Linker thread discussion on going, or the HLG Samsung 2016 one as living proof)
Now if you have an AVR with EDID option allowing to present the display EDID exact 1:1 copy to the source, it could work (if AVR have such option)

Anyway that's super easy to determine if ATV4K > TV gives LLDV and ATV4K > AVR > TV does not give LLDV then you know !

For ex, I doubt any Denon AVR supports LLDV. but if any do, it will be of great help to us too. Even if they could present LLDV string from display to the source, just like Vertex can, there is chance it would still not work because most serious equipment handle 4:2:2 the same way as we do with a full 12b tunnel and that seems to kill the LLDV information that should be picked up by the display to enter the right mode for LLDV, which is basically HDR mode + a few settings tweaks.

This is why it's taking some time for us to solve, because we have to create a special mode for handling 4:2:2 12b from LLDV and yet not sure we can do it without any trade offs.
I have read multiple posts from Denon and Yamaha owners that once they loaded up the original Apple TV 11.3 beta, their AVR passed the LLDV thru to their Sony TVs without any issues at all. Here are a couple of links:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post55569792

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post55594206

Edit: Yamaha Link:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-rec...l#post55605178

Posted a question about receivers working with Sony DV and here are a few responses:

Yamaha - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...l#post56313724

Yamaha - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...l#post56314342

Marantz - https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-net...l#post56314868

EDIT - Decided to give up and request refund in post below.

Thank you for all your hard work on this issue.

Dan

Equipment:
Ubiquiti Unifi Network

Last edited by dancolt; 06-08-2018 at 03:52 PM.
post #2861 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

For ex, I doubt any Denon AVR supports LLDV. but if any do, it will be of great help to us too. Even if they could present LLDV string from display to the source, just like Vertex can, there is chance it would still not work because most serious equipment handle 4:2:2 the same way as we do with a full 12b tunnel and that seems to kill the LLDV information that should be picked up by the display to enter the right mode for LLDV, which is basically HDR mode + a few settings tweaks.

@HDfury ,

At this point I would like to return my Vertex, AVRKey and GoBlue to use the proceeds to get a new receiver.

What do I need to do to return them for a refund?

Thank you,
Dan

Equipment:
Ubiquiti Unifi Network

Last edited by dancolt; 06-08-2018 at 03:08 PM.
post #2862 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 03:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Eric please, on the screenshot that you sent where it's not working, we can see that you have the GUI utility opened behind ! you cannot update the unit if the GUI utility is working as it have the lead, it's written in README.txt of firmware and on the updater itself that you need to close the GUI !! right under your eyes !
There is no fight, except for me having users to read a bit
That would only explain 50% of the issues (though I'll admit that is my fault), but not why even rebooting and flashing failed, requiring me to switch to laptop to flash.

Once I updated to 1.32 I noticed Two things":
1. The date of manufacture and the horizontal refresh rate changed, causing MadVR to think it was a different display device, it is a minor thing, but would have been nice to have it documented, as it disabled my 3DLUT settings as a result.

2. Also sometimes it does not work (above 300MHz), when this happens I have to unplug and re-plug the Vertex, to get it working (and this is 100% Windows/Nvidia's fault, if the Vertex fails the secondary display at 1080P does not always work either). What is confusing is the Vertex Utility shows no incoming connection when it does not work, which I assume is what messes up Windows, as I have it configured as a HTPC sync. This did not happen with 1.30 firmware.

ERIC
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	madHcCtrl_2018-06-08_18-25-49.png
Views:	22
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	2413578   Click image for larger version

Name:	madHcCtrl_2018-06-08_18-25-58.png
Views:	20
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	2413580  

Current HTPC (of the moment):
i7 7700K (at 4.9GHZ),32GB RAM
GTX 1080 TI (at 2.085Ghz)
Samsung 960Evo and Adaptec 6805T RAID6 (11.3TB)

ERIC
post #2863 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 09:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by egandt View Post
That would only explain 50% of the issues (though I'll admit that is my fault), but not why even rebooting and flashing failed, requiring me to switch to laptop to flash.

Once I updated to 1.32 I noticed Two things":
1. The date of manufacture and the horizontal refresh rate changed, causing MadVR to think it was a different display device, it is a minor thing, but would have been nice to have it documented, as it disabled my 3DLUT settings as a result.

2. Also sometimes it does not work (above 300MHz), when this happens I have to unplug and re-plug the Vertex, to get it working (and this is 100% Windows/Nvidia's fault, if the Vertex fails the secondary display at 1080P does not always work either). What is confusing is the Vertex Utility shows no incoming connection when it does not work, which I assume is what messes up Windows, as I have it configured as a HTPC sync. This did not happen with 1.30 firmware.

ERIC

Hi Eric,

If you force update while having utility already running, I'm not sure what the outcome is exactly as it's not a supported action but it's very much possible that you would have to AT LEAST reboot the current computer, use another usb port or reinstall drivers, which would explain why another computer ran it fine. I suppose that if you try again it will now work and if not, it will work after driver removal and re-install (showing that forcing update when GUI have the connection can lead in driver corruption)

For the "two things":
I suppose you did not loaded 1.30.1.30 back to verify the claim ?
2 seems related to 1 which seem related to just a different edid mode, one in automix, other in custom.
Please verify.

If both FW behaves as you wrote, please send config for both cases and we will find out.

post #2864 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 09:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have read multiple posts from Denon and Yamaha owners that once they loaded up the original Apple TV 11.3 beta, their AVR passed the LLDV thru to their Sony TVs without any issues at all. Here are a couple of links:

Thank you for all your hard work on this issue.

Dan

Yes AVR that copy sink EDID 1:1 will work as I wrote, but not all AVR are doing this, the same reason some AVR cannot get normal DV thru apply here, for normal DV too some AVR won't work, and you can read in this thread here some pages back some example of users using Vertex to get DV thru their AVR.
The other thing to consider is as I wrote before, even if it present the DV string correctly, from ATV4K menu, user will believe he got LLDV working, but you should actually make sure that their displays is REALLY in HDR/DV mode as it happens with direct link.
Because the nasty effect of that LLDV in such case is that you got a picture very similar to HDR without metadata and some users will believe it works, sound crazy but we have seen that already, there is one guy who did a review video on Vertex and believe the downscaled output was SDR, while it was HDR without metadata, exactly as you would get it from ATV4K if AVR doesn't process 4:2:2 12b specifically for the purpose. When normal DV fails to active at sink level, you see it immediately as the picture is obviously all wrong, it's not the case for LLDV, it's still wrong, but watchable.

Quote:
@HDfury,

At this point I would like to return my Vertex, AVRKey and GoBlue to use the proceeds to get a new receiver.

What do I need to do to return them for a refund?

Thank you,
Dan

You send email with your order number.

See you soon

Last edited by HDfury; 06-08-2018 at 10:10 PM.
post #2865 of 4552 Old 06-08-2018, 10:00 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Yes AVR that copy sink EDID 1:1 will work as I wrote, but not all AVR are doing this, the same reason some AVR cannot get normal DV thru apply here, for normal DV too some AVR won't work, and you can read in this thread here some pages back some example of users using Vertex to get DV thru their AVR.

You send email with your order number.

See you soon

Thank you my friend. I will email the order numbers.

Dan.

Equipment:
Ubiquiti Unifi Network
post #2866 of 4552 Old 06-11-2018, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Quoted: 2088 Post(s)
Liked: 1628
I've noticed that OPPO beta Profile 5 ("Player led") doesn't pass through my Vertex. Is this something that will be fixed with a Vertex update?

pass OPPO 203 > X4300H > LG C7
fail OPPO 203 > X4300H > Vertex > LG C7

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #2867 of 4552 Old 06-11-2018, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
I've noticed that OPPO beta Profile 5 ("Player led") doesn't pass through my Vertex. Is this something that will be fixed with a Vertex update?

You sure your Vertex is not blocking it due to custom EDID or some other specific setting you have? I believe others on OPPO thread using a vertex have it working but could be wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2868 of 4552 Old 06-11-2018, 05:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tswire View Post
You sure your Vertex is not blocking it due to custom EDID or some other specific setting you have?
Yes. The Vertex works with my ATV4K (Profile 5), the OPPO 203 in Profile 7 (TV led) but not the OPPO set to Profile 5 (Player led).

post #2869 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 05:41 AM

Quote:

Dan
My Onkyo rz1100 supports lldv .. I connected atv4>avr>tv, and I can see dv working on my tv !

Thanks.
post #2870 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 06:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yes, we are working on it, can you please confirm the FW running on your C7 ?
Your Vertex config would be appreciated to confirm your EDID settings.
Does anyone knows if B7 have same capabilities than C7 for LLDV ? if yes, we can more likely fix LLDV in the next days as we have a B7 in lab.

Note: OPPO > monoprice active cable > B7 doesn't work (no picture at all, power issue), so make sure you don't use any of such cable non powered by their own power supply.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-12-2018 at 06:49 AM.
post #2871 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 06:56 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1964 Post(s)
Liked: 1431
Quote:
Yes, we are working on it, can you please confirm the FW running on your C7 ?
Your Vertex config would be appreciated to confirm your EDID settings.
Does anyone knows if B7 have same capabilities than C7 for LLDV ? if yes, we can more likely fix LLDV in the next days as we have a B7 in lab.

Note: OPPO > monoprice active cable > B7 doesn't work (no picture at all, power issue), so make sure you don't use any of such cable non powered by their own power supply.

I have run the Oppo Player-led profile with my C7 which is using the .90 Korean firmware. Presumably, this is also known as the low-latency profile.
Player-led does not work with the 2016 OLEDs.

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #2872 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
I have run the Oppo Player-led profile with my C7 which is using the .90 Korean firmware. Presumably, this is also known as the low-latency profile.
Player-led does not work with the 2016 OLEDs.

- Rich
Hi Rich

Thank for the tip ! is B7 considered as 2016 model ?

post #2873 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 07:10 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Hi Rich

LG OLEDs:

x6 = 2016
x7 = 2017
x8 = 2018

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 x 2 | UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | Emotiva XMC-1 (v3) | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Benchmark AHB2 x 4 | ATI AT522NC | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 77C9 | Lumagen 2020 | HDFury Vertex x 2
post #2874 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 07:16 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Hi Rich

LG OLEDs:

x6 = 2016
x7 = 2017
x8 = 2018

where x = B, C, E, W

- Rich

post #2875 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 07:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
LG OLEDs:

x6 = 2016
x7 = 2017
x8 = 2018

- Rich

Yes, as I thought, so if we can use our B7 for the purpose (with Korean update), I'm confident that LLDV support is at the corner.
I'll talk to our devs now and get back to you with hopefully good news.

post #2876 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 09:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I have run the Oppo Player-led profile with my C7 which is using the .90 Korean firmware.
Are you saying that OPPO Profile 5 ("Player led") works with a Vertex to a C7 running the 04.70.90 software?

post #2877 of 4552 Old 06-12-2018, 09:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you saying that OPPO Profile 5 ("Player led") works with a Vertex to a C7 running the 04.70.90 software?

No, he just meant that we can use our B7 to add LLDV support which is a great news as we don't have to purchase a sony TV.
RichB and JGrana like this.

post #2878 of 4552 Old 06-13-2018, 06:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdfury View Post
yes, we are working on it, can you please confirm the fw running on your c7 ?

post #2879 of 4552 Old 06-13-2018, 09:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, he just meant that we can use our B7 to add LLDV support which is a great news as we don't have to purchase a sony TV.
I just confirmed that with the new Oppo Beta firmware I can get Oppo Player LED Dolby Vision (LLDV) to my LG B7A OLED. B7A is running current USA software version 04.70.36.

The LLDV Dolby Vision is passed through my Vertex (either Automix or Custom EDID 2 LG DV), but the B7A does not recognize it as Dolby Vision and auto-selects my SDR Picture Mode instead.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 06-13-2018 at 10:38 AM.
post #2880 of 4552 Old 06-13-2018, 10:01 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
I just confirmed that with the new Oppo Beta firmware I can get Oppo Player LED Dolby Vision (LLDV) to my LG B7A OLED. B7A is running current USA software version 04.70.36.

The LLDV Dolby Vision is passed through my Vertex, but the B7A does not recognize it as Dolby Vision and auto-selects my SDR Picture Mode instead.
That is good information but I think that Player-led is negotiated. Does this work through the Vertex?

- Rich

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page