Vertex FW126.96.36.199 and GUI 1.31
Make sure to install Silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update IS NOT mandatory
(you do not need to update if everything is working well in your setup)
- Remember that after FPGA update, you must power cycle the Vertex and when you connect it back, the OLED will stay OFF for about 15s (time to apply the update internally), wait till OLED is back ON and then you can proceed normally.
- Easiest/Fastest/Recommended way: Update MCU, then Update FPGA, then powercycle.
- If you fine tuned your unit config and settings, export your config before update and import it back once update is completed. (Always restart the Vertex after config import done from GUI utility, remove/reconnect USB powercord)
- Once update is completed you might see a lock icon on the OLED top right corner, please do the combo trick: HOLD RST and PRESS INP 2 times, OLED will prompt for powercycle, simply remove/reconnect USB powercord (if you exported your config before update and imported back after update and powercycled your unit, you don't need to repeat this trick, the lock icon won't be visible)
###########> What's new/fixed in 188.8.131.52
1. Added support for LLDV (Low Latency Dolby Vision). Mainly for LG And Sony Bravia A1, AF8, XE93, XE94 and ZD9
###########> What's new/fixed in 184.108.40.206
1. Fixes the PC RGB default range full/limited at the input with some players
Download Link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_220.127.116.11_GUI_1.31.zip
The default Auto-Sense mode for Auto-Scaling (SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING) coupled with default Custom EDID (EDID slide on CUSTOM) should be enough to give you a picture in any setup.
If not, please remember than when using AUTOSCALING, you have access to 10 quick-presets that are specifically introduced for the TOP port down-scaling. (refer to usermanual p.14)
Auto Sense also upscale automatically except if manually turned OFF from GUI/APP/IR/RS232.
- For now Vertex does not support output 4k30 420 148MHz. (Please note that this signal doesn't officially exist in AV
- For users of the first Vertex PCB version (PCB1) with HDMI active cable non powered by their own power supply, please refer to that post if you are experiencing issue. (You can easily isolate the issue by testing with 6-12ft copper)
For any support issue/question:
- Please try to export your vertexconfig.txt (GUI > FILE > EXPORT) when trying the signal through and having the issue (if possible) and attach it as a txt file in your post.
- If you cannot provide config file, then it's mandatory to confirm you are running the latest firmware 18.104.22.168 and operating latest GUI 1.31
- Issue Description, ultimately with Link to Display and/or AVR usermanual in PDF format and Link to any active or fiber cable in use.
- Always make conclusion and bug report using Wall Plug Adapter to power Vertex.
- If you have a lock icon on OLED top right corner: HOLD RST and press INP 2 times, Vertex OLED will prompt for powercycle (Remove/Reconnect USB powercord > lock icon will disappear after restart)
- Always describe your video chain path with brand/model of all equipment as well as hdmi cable length and type between them (ex: SOURCE Brand/Model > 6ft copper > Vertex INP0-OUT1> 6ft copper > AVR Brand/Model > etc...)
Example of video chain description:
Source Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber
) > Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > etc...
In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in one chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > X4200 > 6ft copper > LG C7
In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in split chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > LG C7
---------------------------------> 6ft copper > X4200
- Android/iOS APP and GoBlue FW are up to date.