HDFury Vertex - Owners thread - Page 97 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1145Likes

post #2881 of 4563 Old 06-13-2018, 10:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked: 2175
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
That is good information but I think that Player-led is negotiated. Does this work through the Vertex?

- Rich
The LG supports both modes. If I leave the option to Auto, the Oppo will output TV-led. If I select Player-led, the Oppo outputs Player-led.

My Vertex passes both Player-led and TV-led input. Displaying the Oppo output information will report Dolby Vision for TV-led, but SDR for Player-led. This SDR reporting is a known Oppo issue with the Beta as reported by many on the Oppo thread.

Without the Vertex, my LG reports Dolby Vision for both TV-led and Player-led. With the Vertex, my LG only reports Dolby Vision for TV-led.

Because the LG does not see a Dolby Vision signal for Player-led output passed through the Vertex, it does not switch to a Dolby Vision Picture mode. This results in a picture with incorrect color and saturation.

Oppo - Vertex - LG. Audio is fed separately from the Oppo to a currently non-DV supported Denon x4200w AVR.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral

Last edited by claw; 06-13-2018 at 10:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2882 of 4563 Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2101 Post(s)
Liked: 1637
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
Yes. The Vertex works with my ATV4K (Profile 5), the OPPO 203 in Profile 7 (TV led) but not the OPPO set to Profile 5 (Player led).
Quote:
Originally Posted by claw View Post
Because the LG does not see a Dolby Vision signal for Player-led output passed through the Vertex, it does not switch to a Dolby Vision Picture mode. This results in a picture with incorrect color and saturation.
When I said "works ... not" I didn't mean there was no video. I meant it doesn't work correctly. I posted this [image] of a classic color space mismatch in the 203 thread last week (when I mistakenly thought it might be a beta issue).

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #2883 of 4563 Old 06-13-2018, 06:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodosom View Post
When I said "works ... not" I didn't mean there was no video. I meant it doesn't work correctly. I posted this [image] of a classic color space mismatch in the 203 thread last week (when I mistakenly thought it might be a beta issue).
My picture looks nowhere near as bad as your screen shot. I think all that might be needed is a missing Dolby Vision flag in the output. The LG doesn't allow the manual selection of a Dolby Vision picture mode or I would try that.

CJ
JVC RS500|LG B7A OLED|Denon X6400H/X4200W|Panasonic UB820|Two Oppo 203|Samsung K8500|Apple TV 4K|HDfury Diva/Vertex/Linker/Integral
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2884 of 4563 Old 06-18-2018, 09:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 588 Post(s)
Quoted: 4401 Post(s)
Liked: 1204
Exclamation Leo Bodnar input lag

People reported having issue getting Vertex to upscale signal from Leo Bodnar input lag tester so we ordered one, below is our findings so far:

- Leo Bodnar is sending DVI, so Vertex need to be in NO SCALING mode to pass it thru.
- Autoscaling does not bring a picture for DVI because AVI is missing from the source.
- TV in direct DVI mode does less processing than in HDMI mode

Bottom line: anyone using Leo Bodnar and doing direct measurement (without any of our devices in the path) and provide public data as input lag for HDMI is actually misleading his audience !

This being said, devs are currently considering adding a special DVi mode detection to upscale Leo Bodnar signal and output it in HDMI mode
Current working solution is Leo Bodnar > Integral > Vertex for upscaling > TV. that would give accurate HDMI input lag measurement using this tool

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-19-2018 at 07:33 AM.
post #2885 of 4563 Old 06-18-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
This SDR reporting is a known Oppo issue with the Beta as reported by many on the Oppo thread.

Without the Vertex, my LG reports Dolby Vision for both TV-led and Player-led. With the Vertex, my LG only reports Dolby Vision for TV-led.

Hi Claw

why would it be a "known oppo issue with the beta" if SDR is reported only thru Vertex (or thru equipment using similar chipset) ?

As we understand it, the embedded metadata in the very first pixels of the stream which is needed to force display in LLDV mode is lost when going thru our device, so we need to create a special mode for it and/or do changes to current way of handling 422 deepcolor if its possible without any drawback.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
post #2886 of 4563 Old 06-18-2018, 12:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Hi Claw

why would it be a "known oppo issue with the beta" if SDR is reported only thru Vertex (or thru equipment using similar chipset) ?

As we understand it, the embedded metadata in the very first pixels of the stream which is needed to force display in LLDV mode is lost when going thru our device, so we need to create a special mode for it and/or do changes to current way of handling 422 deepcolor if its possible without any drawback.

The Oppo itself is reporting SDR for "Player-led" Dolby Vision output in its Information display instead of reporting Dolby Vision. Owners complained and Oppo beta testers reported that this will be addressed in the release version of the software update. It may actually be Dolby Vision toned mapped to SDR with some metadata flagging it as Dolby Vision; I don't know.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 06-18-2018 at 12:49 PM.
post #2887 of 4563 Old 06-18-2018, 03:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The Oppo itself is reporting SDR for "Player-led" Dolby Vision output in its Information display instead of reporting Dolby Vision. Owners complained and Oppo beta testers reported that this will be addressed in the release version of the software update. It may actually be Dolby Vision toned mapped to SDR with some metadata flagging it as Dolby Vision; I don't know.

Ah ok,, thanx for clarification ! I though it was on the Display, so in this case, you have oppo saying SDR and display saying DV or also SDR ?

post #2888 of 4563 Old 06-18-2018, 06:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ah ok,, thanx for clarification ! I though it was on the Display, so in this case, you have oppo saying SDR and display saying DV or also SDR ?
Player-led Dolby Vision is reported as:
- SDR BT709 4:2:2 12-bit in the Oppo.
- BT2020 4:2:2 12-bit in the Vertex.
- LG B7A reports BT2020, but does not report Dolby Vision on the screen, and does not switch to the Dolby Vision picture mode. It switches to an SDR picture mode.

If I remove the Vertex, Player-led Dolby Vision output is reported as:
- LG reports BT2020 Dolby Vision on the screen and switches to my Dolby Vision picture mode.

The Oppo reporting SDR and REC709 are supposedly issues in the reporting of the signal and will be addressed in final release of firmware.

As you previously mentioned, I think the Vertex might be dropping some DV metadata flags.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 06-18-2018 at 07:32 PM.
post #2889 of 4563 Old 06-19-2018, 06:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Player-led Dolby Vision is reported as:
- BT2020 4:2:2 12-bit in the Vertex.
- LG B7A reports BT2020, but does not report Dolby Vision on the screen, and does not switch to the Dolby Vision picture mode. It switches to an SDR picture mode.

If I remove the Vertex, Player-led Dolby Vision output is reported as:
- LG reports BT2020 Dolby Vision on the screen and switches to my Dolby Vision picture mode.

The Oppo reporting SDR and REC709 are supposedly issues in the reporting of the signal and will be addressed in final release of firmware.

As you previously mentioned, I think the Vertex might be dropping some DV metadata flags.

Yes thanx a lot, that's 1:1 with what we got here.

post #2890 of 4563 Old 06-19-2018, 07:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2101 Post(s)
Liked: 1637
Quote:
Yes thanx a lot, that's 1:1 with what we got here.
All the information is in the image I linked to in my post in the 203 thread.

I might type 2K for 1080p.
UDP-203/ATV4K(6,2)/X3500/LG C8
post #2891 of 4563 Old 06-21-2018, 04:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is there something new about the X4 Scaler update HDR to SDR?
post #2892 of 4563 Old 06-21-2018, 09:09 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 81 Post(s)
Quoted: 3675 Post(s)
Liked: 848
@HDfury - When playing movies, the Vertex reports 23.973, but I thought the display and content is actually at 23.976. I'm pretty sure there is virtually no difference, but I'm curious as to why there is a difference and whether it has any significance. Thank you.
post #2893 of 4563 Old 06-21-2018, 11:27 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post
@HDfury - When playing movies, the Vertex reports 23.973, but I thought the display and content is actually at 23.976. I'm pretty sure there is virtually no difference, but I'm curious as to why there is a difference and whether it has any significance. Thank you.
My Vertex reports 23.974 for UHD and HD Blu Ray playback from my Oppo 203. Oppo reports 23.976.

I think there can be some refresh rate variance in the content as well as in the player output.

For example, my second Vertex reports the same 23.974 playing the same "Greatest Showman" UHD disc in my second Oppo 203. But that Vertex reports 23.973 for the disc menu when played from my Samsung K8500 player, and then 23.972 when movie playback begins.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 06-21-2018 at 11:52 AM.
post #2894 of 4563 Old 06-22-2018, 05:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seb1609 View Post
Is there something new about the X4 Scaler update HDR to SDR?

It will be available during the summer, work in progress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingdvd View Post

Please refer to "Pro Tips" section at the end of usermanual, we have been asked such question and answered many times:

Source VS Vertex frame rate reported: Actually very few devices will report the correct frame rate. It is all about the clock frequency, the theory is 24/1.001 = 23.976023976 BUT there is no PLL (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phase-locked_loop) at the source that actually gives a corresponding clock which would yield that. So once a signal leaves the source, the clock is always off and usually ebbs and flows, means changes all the time. We just decided to show what it really is from the particular source rather than approximating what it should be as many are doing since they cannot report exact frame rate like we are doing with Vertex.
JGrana and DrTim like this.

post #2895 of 4563 Old 06-26-2018, 03:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up LLDV Support !

Been tough but we finally made it !

Update coming in next hours for LLDV support on Vertex (Low Latency Dolby Vision)
RichB, aguy, JGrana and 2 others like this.

post #2896 of 4563 Old 06-27-2018, 03:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Arrow Vertex FW1.32.1.34 + GUI 1.31

Vertex FW1.32.1.34 and GUI 1.31

Make sure to install Silabs driver first if you haven't yet done so.
This update IS NOT mandatory (you do not need to update if everything is working well in your setup)

- Remember that after FPGA update, you must power cycle the Vertex and when you connect it back, the OLED will stay OFF for about 15s (time to apply the update internally), wait till OLED is back ON and then you can proceed normally.
- Easiest/Fastest/Recommended way: Update MCU, then Update FPGA, then powercycle.
- If you fine tuned your unit config and settings, export your config before update and import it back once update is completed. (Always restart the Vertex after config import done from GUI utility, remove/reconnect USB powercord)
- Once update is completed you might see a lock icon on the OLED top right corner, please do the combo trick: HOLD RST and PRESS INP 2 times, OLED will prompt for powercycle, simply remove/reconnect USB powercord (if you exported your config before update and imported back after update and powercycled your unit, you don't need to repeat this trick, the lock icon won't be visible)

###########> What's new/fixed in 1.32.1.34
1. Added support for LLDV (Low Latency Dolby Vision). Mainly for LG And Sony Bravia A1, AF8, XE93, XE94 and ZD9

###########> What's new/fixed in 1.32.1.33
1. Fixes the PC RGB default range full/limited at the input with some players

Download Link: https://hdfury.com/tools/Vertex_1.32.1.34_GUI_1.31.zip

The default Auto-Sense mode for Auto-Scaling (SCALE slide on AUTOSCALING) coupled with default Custom EDID (EDID slide on CUSTOM) should be enough to give you a picture in any setup.
If not, please remember than when using AUTOSCALING, you have access to 10 quick-presets that are specifically introduced for the TOP port down-scaling. (refer to usermanual p.14)
Auto Sense also upscale automatically except if manually turned OFF from GUI/APP/IR/RS232.

KNOWN ISSUES:
- For now Vertex does not support output 4k30 420 148MHz. (Please note that this signal doesn't officially exist in AV)
- For users of the first Vertex PCB version (PCB1) with HDMI active cable non powered by their own power supply, please refer to that post if you are experiencing issue. (You can easily isolate the issue by testing with 6-12ft copper)

For any support issue/question:
- Please try to export your vertexconfig.txt (GUI > FILE > EXPORT) when trying the signal through and having the issue (if possible) and attach it as a txt file in your post.
- If you cannot provide config file, then it's mandatory to confirm you are running the latest firmware 1.32.1.34 and operating latest GUI 1.31
- Issue Description, ultimately with Link to Display and/or AVR usermanual in PDF format and Link to any active or fiber cable in use.
- Always make conclusion and bug report using Wall Plug Adapter to power Vertex.
- If you have a lock icon on OLED top right corner: HOLD RST and press INP 2 times, Vertex OLED will prompt for powercycle (Remove/Reconnect USB powercord > lock icon will disappear after restart)
- Always describe your video chain path with brand/model of all equipment as well as hdmi cable length and type between them (ex: SOURCE Brand/Model > 6ft copper > Vertex INP0-OUT1> 6ft copper > AVR Brand/Model > etc...)

Example of video chain description:
Source Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > length of HDMI cable (and type: copper/active/fiber) > Brand/Model > etc...

In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in one chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > X4200 > 6ft copper > LG C7

In a setup with X1X, Vertex, X4200 and LG C7, in split chain, it would look like:
X1X > 6ft copper > Vertex > 6ft copper > LG C7
---------------------------------> 6ft copper > X4200

GoBlue users:
- Android/iOS APP and GoBlue FW are up to date.
JGrana and polve like this.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-27-2018 at 07:16 PM.
post #2897 of 4563 Old 06-27-2018, 08:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

1. Added support for LLDV (Low Latency Dolby Vision). Mainly for LG And Sony Bravia A1, AF8, XE93, XE94 and ZD9

Appears to be working fine with the Vertex positioned between my Oppo 203 and LG B7A.

I didn't get a picture on my first attempt of playing back a DV disc with the Oppo set to DV Player-led. But after switching the Oppo DV setting to TV-led and then back to Player-led, playback was successful. Power restarted Oppo again and playback was successful. Maybe some handshaking failed the first time.

Both Automix and Custom EDID 2 (LG) were successful.
HDfury likes this.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 06-27-2018 at 08:29 AM.
post #2898 of 4563 Old 06-27-2018, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 92

I am happy to confirm that this version firmware now works great with my AppleTV 4K (running iOS 12 beta) plugged into my Sony X930E TV. I played a Netflix Dolby Vision video and it successfully switched the TV into DV mode.

Thanks HDFury - and thank the devs for me!

Interesting side note. I had just flashed the ATV with the iOS 12 beta yesterday. Didn't notice that Match Frame Rate and Range were off. I run normally with 4K HDR (not DV). This results in the ATV switching to DV when it plays that kind of content - and doesn't force Apple's pseudo DV always on mode.
Anyway, the first time I played a video, the TV went into HDR mode (not DV) and I noticed that every few scenes, ATV would change the HDR settings on the fly - Vertex showed me every time ;-)
Anyway, corrected the Match Rate and Range and DV played great.

Now, if only Denon would send out the DV update for the X2200 series AVRs... They said "summer"...
HDfury likes this.
post #2899 of 4563 Old 06-27-2018, 07:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

I had another instance of Oppo Player-led Dolby Vision failing to get a picture on my LG B7A. This time the LG reported Invalid Format.

As before, all I had to do was temporarily change the Oppo Dolby Vision mode to TV-led, start playback, stop playback, and change back to Oppo Player-led. Then playback is OK.

Not sure what the issue might be or how to reproduce it yet. I will export the config next time, and/or screen shots of the DV info tab.

CJ

Last edited by claw; 06-28-2018 at 09:25 AM.
post #2900 of 4563 Old 06-28-2018, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 92
Integral + Vertex?

Now that the Vertex supports LLDV, I am thinking of using my old Integral until Denon gets their AVR firmware LLDV.

Here is the issues. I have an Apple TV 4K. It plugs directly (through the Vertex now) into my Sony X930E TV.
I then use the optical out from the TV to my Denon AVR. This only results in 5.1 sounds since thats what the TV will report back to the ATV.

Here is what I have now:

Denon AVR ----> Vertex Port 0 ----> HDMI 2 on Sony TV
AFTV -----------> Vertex Port 1 ------> HDMI3 on SonyTV

I would like to use the Integral as a splitter so I can send HDMI audio to the Denon (and the AFTV sees that Denon support 7.1 Atmos, etc). Something like this?

Denon AVR -----> Vertex Port 0 ------> HDMI 2 on SonyTV

AFTV ----- Integral Port 0 -----------> Vertex Port 1 -----> HDMI 3 on SonyTV

Integral Port 1 ---------------> Denon AVR HDMI

Both Integral and Vertex would use Automix

Before I go and start ripping up cables etc, does this look like it would work? How do I insure that the AFTV sees the Denon EDID for sound?
post #2901 of 4563 Old 06-28-2018, 08:58 AM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 303 Post(s)
Liked: 69
HDCP error

I am having some strange behavior with my Celerity Tech DFO fiber optic cable. System has been running fine for the last six months when I got this cable. It goes 60' from Vertex to JVC RS600. On Sunday when I started the system I got no picture. The reading on the Vertex for TX0 (and TX1) was HDCP error + resolution.

I switched in my old Rainbow Fish fiber optic cable and it worked perfectly. I tried all possible combinations and the RF always worked and the CT always read HDCP error. At the same time I connected RF to TX0 (worked perfectly) and CT to TX1 (HDCP error). I reversed the cables and the HDCP error followed the CT cable.

It looks like the CT is not working properly and needs replacement. I could not find any info on HDCP error and I was wondering if you could shed any light on this problem.
post #2902 of 4563 Old 06-28-2018, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGrana View Post
Integral + Vertex?

Now that the Vertex supports LLDV, I am thinking of using my old Integral until Denon gets their AVR firmware LLDV.

Here is the issues. I have an Apple TV 4K. It plugs directly (through the Vertex now) into my Sony X930E TV.
I then use the optical out from the TV to my Denon AVR. This only results in 5.1 sounds since thats what the TV will report back to the ATV.

Here is what I have now:

Denon AVR ----> Vertex Port 0 ----> HDMI 2 on Sony TV
AFTV -----------> Vertex Port 1 ------> HDMI3 on SonyTV

I would like to use the Integral as a splitter so I can send HDMI audio to the Denon (and the AFTV sees that Denon support 7.1 Atmos, etc). Something like this?

Denon AVR -----> Vertex Port 0 ------> HDMI 2 on SonyTV

AFTV ----- Integral Port 0 -----------> Vertex Port 1 -----> HDMI 3 on SonyTV

Integral Port 1 ---------------> Denon AVR HDMI

Both Integral and Vertex would use Automix

Before I go and start ripping up cables etc, does this look like it would work? How do I insure that the AFTV sees the Denon EDID for sound?

I suppose it will work as you want, may be use TOP output priority algo for automix on Integral to make sure it reads the Denon EDID fully or just MAX sound/MAX video algo, both should work equally well in this case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGA View Post
HDCP error

I am having some strange behavior with my Celerity Tech DFO fiber optic cable. System has been running fine for the last six months when I got this cable. It goes 60' from Vertex to JVC RS600. On Sunday when I started the system I got no picture. The reading on the Vertex for TX0 (and TX1) was HDCP error + resolution.

I switched in my old Rainbow Fish fiber optic cable and it worked perfectly. I tried all possible combinations and the RF always worked and the CT always read HDCP error. At the same time I connected RF to TX0 (worked perfectly) and CT to TX1 (HDCP error). I reversed the cables and the HDCP error followed the CT cable.

It looks like the CT is not working properly and needs replacement. I could not find any info on HDCP error and I was wondering if you could shed any light on this problem.

I would try source > CT > display, to see if it can sync.
You can also send private message for special fw to try, help determine the root cause but check above test first.

post #2903 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 07:51 AM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would try source > CT > display, to see if it can sync.
You can also send private message for special fw to try, help determine the root cause but check above test first.

I received from CT new TX and RX ends for the cable. I replaced the old ones but there was no change, still got HDCP error when connected to Vertex, either TX0 or TX1, and either HDMI A or B on JVC.

I then connect CT to Oppo 203 and JVC RS600. It worked!

I moved CT back to Vertex. It sort of worked. No more HDCP error, but could not always get a picture. Info screen read correctly most, but not all, of the time. I powered down Vertex and CT many times but I could not get a picture 100% of the time.

Whenever I replaced CT with RF (exact same settings and TX) I got picture 100% of the time.

There seems to be some problem between CT and Vertex interface.

Seems strange that just plugging the CT into the Oppo would change its behavior.
post #2904 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 08:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I received from CT new TX and RX ends for the cable. I replaced the old ones but there was no change, still got HDCP error when connected to Vertex, either TX0 or TX1, and either HDMI A or B on JVC.

I then connect CT to Oppo 203 and JVC RS600. It worked!

I moved CT back to Vertex. It sort of worked. No more HDCP error, but could not always get a picture. Info screen read correctly most, but not all, of the time. I powered down Vertex and CT many times but I could not get a picture 100% of the time.

Whenever I replaced CT with RF (exact same settings and TX) I got picture 100% of the time.

There seems to be some problem between CT and Vertex interface.

Seems strange that just plugging the CT into the Oppo would change its behavior.

Are you running Vertex PCB version 2 ? if not, did you try using 5.25V PSU.

You should verify if 5.25V 2A PSU solves the issue or not (if you have Vertex PCB version 1), if not, may be there is physical connector issue at Vertex output and that would need a replacement.

post #2905 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 08:58 AM
GGA
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Are you running Vertex PCB version 2 ? if not, did you try using 5.25V PSU.

You should verify if 5.25V 2A PSU solves the issue or not (if you have Vertex PCB version 1), if not, may be there is physical connector issue at Vertex output and that would need a replacement.

Must be PCB version 1 since I bought both the Integral and Vertex during pre-sale. How do I check?

The CT has USB connectors at both end. There is generally no need to connect the TX end but I will try it tonight. Strange that it would stop working correctly after 6 months of perfect service with the CT.
post #2906 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1274 Post(s)
Liked: 789
JVC projector question.

I am considering the Panasonic ub820 soon because it provides dynamic optimization of HDR10 signals. I like the idea of adjustments on the fly for bright and dark scenes, especially for projectors.

Will the "Disable HDR" box we use for DI affect the ub820's optimizer ability to make these HDR adjustments as it receives metadata from the disc?

Video: JVC RS620/X9500 projector, Stewart ST130 screen, Panasonic ub820 UHD player
Audio: Anthem AVM60 preamp, Anthem MCA525 amp, B&K Reference 125.7 amp
Subs: dual SVS PC-12 cylinders
Speakers: RBH SV-661R and SV-661CR fronts, Jamo 626k4 side/rear surrounds, DefTech DI6.5R heights
post #2907 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 02:12 PM

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 293
I've been hearing a lot about HDR10+ recently, and asked the consortium via twitter about the possibility of it being added via firmware update to existing HDMI 2.0a compatible electronics, and they said yet, definitely. That's great! Because it would mean, buying a Vertex, if it got the HDR10+ update, would one way to get the HDR10+ video signal passed through to a TV or projector that has it, with the Atmos audio passed to the AVR via another wire.

What do you think, @HDfury ? Any chance of HDR10+ firmware updates?
post #2908 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 05:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Must be PCB version 1 since I bought both the Integral and Vertex during pre-sale. How do I check?

The CT has USB connectors at both end. There is generally no need to connect the TX end but I will try it tonight. Strange that it would stop working correctly after 6 months of perfect service with the CT.

Yes, that is PCB version 1 (both GUI and APP report if it's PCB1 or 2 since FW 1.30.1.30) and you should use CT with power supply on both end OR 5.25V PSU to make sure issue is not like I said, physical connector issue on Vertex output that would need replacement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erod View Post
JVC projector question.

I am considering the Panasonic ub820 soon because it provides dynamic optimization of HDR10 signals. I like the idea of adjustments on the fly for bright and dark scenes, especially for projectors.

Will the "Disable HDR" box we use for DI affect the ub820's optimizer ability to make these HDR adjustments as it receives metadata from the disc?

No I don't think so as I don't see how something happening later in the chain could affect something happening earlier on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAxeVR View Post
I've been hearing a lot about HDR10+ recently, and asked the consortium via twitter about the possibility of it being added via firmware update to existing HDMI 2.0a compatible electronics, and they said yet, definitely. That's great! Because it would mean, buying a Vertex, if it got the HDR10+ update, would one way to get the HDR10+ video signal passed through to a TV or projector that has it, with the Atmos audio passed to the AVR via another wire.

What do you think, @HDfury? Any chance of HDR10+ firmware updates?

Sorry I'm not sure I'm following, we already support HDR10+, ALLM, VRR, all DV modes and anything else in existence today. so please elaborate ! (FYI Vertex is HDMI 2.0b and already have some 2.1 features added)
Actually it's AVR and display that would need an update, not Vertex. and we already have customer with HDR10+ display sending Atmos at the same time to their AVR using Vertex. (And we added the Q9FN EDID as custom EDID on last build for people to experiment)
BattleAxeVR likes this.

Last edited by HDfury; 06-29-2018 at 05:59 PM.
post #2909 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 293
HD Fury rocks, thanks!

By the way, I just read that the new Geforce GTX 1180 GPUs are going to support HDMI 2.1, so if I buy an Atmos receiver with only HDMI 2.0a on it, it will definitely not be able to pass through the video directly to any future display I buy.

https://wccftech.com/nvidia-next-gen...-support-more/

So my question is, is HD Fury planning on a Vertex 2.0 or something similar, that has HDMI 2.1 inputs and outputs? If not, I will likely wait for an HDMI 2.1 receiver which does everything in one shot. But I'd rather buy Atmos over HDMI 2.0a immediately than wait.
post #2910 of 4563 Old 06-29-2018, 06:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thumbs up HDfury X4 HDR to SDR conversion firmware incoming !

Super quick note to let you know that we did it !

HDR to SDR conversion to perfectly feed a 1080p display/capture device (With HDfury X4) while playing/streaming in 4K HDR is now a reality ! (With Vertex passthru on one output to main display and downscaled HDR to HDfury X4 on second output)

Firmware and details will be published in the next days.
cargen and Manni01 like this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Tags
avr-sound

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page