HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 29 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #841 of 1237 Old 07-29-2018, 03:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 551 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4172 Post(s)
Liked: 1148
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYAmanIGN View Post
Will this device allow my 5040UBe to display 4K 60 HDR from my Xbox One X? Right now the 5040 cannot do this.

Thanks
According to below link, your PJ only support HDR for 4K24, so in such case, none of our devices will allow you to get 4K60 HDR on your PJ, since it cannot do that at all.
https://epson.com/faq/SPT_V11H713020...530-plhc5040ub

However, what you can do is input 4K60 4:2:2 12b BT2020 HDR from X1X and output 1080p60 4:4:4 12b BT2020 HDR with Linker or Vertex (assuming PJ support HDR for 1080p)

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #842 of 1237 Old 07-29-2018, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
According to below link, your PJ only support HDR for 4K24, so in such case, none of our devices will allow you to get 4K60 HDR on your PJ, since it cannot do that at all.
https://epson.com/faq/SPT_V11H713020...530-plhc5040ub

However, what you can do is input 4K60 4:2:2 12b BT2020 HDR from X1X and output 1080p60 4:4:4 12b BT2020 HDR with Linker or Vertex (assuming PJ support HDR for 1080p)
Thanks for the answer, but on the official 5040 thread people keep telling me to buy the HDFURY to use with my Xbox One X to get around the projectors limitations as far as games. I’m a novice so I don’t understand what to do.

Thanks
post #843 of 1237 Old 07-31-2018, 07:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAYAmanIGN View Post
Thanks for the answer, but on the official 5040 thread people keep telling me to buy the HDFURY to use with my Xbox One X to get around the projectors limitations as far as games. I’m a novice so I don’t understand what to do.

Thanks
May be add a link to that thread so we can have a read.

In all cases, except if Epson did an update and added HDR support to 4K60, if your PJ is not capable of displaying 4K60 HDR, then our devices cannot help you to get 4K60 HDR, our devices can only help you to get the best your display support, it cannot transform your display specs into something else.

For 4K24/25/30 HDR, your PJ supports it, so that will work no problem.

So X1X to Vertex/Linker will output 4K60 HDR and Vertex/Linker will output it as 1080p60 HDR if you want to keep HDR, if you don't want to keep HDR, then Vertex/Linker will output at your PJ max if you wish, which is 4K60 4:2:0 8b.... but 1080p60 4:4:4 12b BT2020/HDR will look better than 4K60 4:2:0 8b especially for games.
MAYAmanIGN likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #844 of 1237 Old 08-05-2018, 04:52 AM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 251
HDFURY Linker owners thread

Quote:
May be add a link to that thread so we can have a read.

In all cases, except if Epson did an update and added HDR support to 4K60, if your PJ is not capable of displaying 4K60 HDR, then our devices cannot help you to get 4K60 HDR, our devices can only help you to get the best your display support, it cannot transform your display specs into something else.

For 4K24/25/30 HDR, your PJ supports it, so that will work no problem.

So X1X to Vertex/Linker will output 4K60 HDR and Vertex/Linker will output it as 1080p60 HDR if you want to keep HDR, if you don't want to keep HDR, then Vertex/Linker will output at your PJ max if you wish, which is 4K60 4:2:0 8b.... but 1080p60 4:4:4 12b BT2020/HDR will look better than 4K60 4:2:0 8b especially for games.
How do I go about forcing the Linker to output 1080p HDR to the epson? Does the added resolution scaling introduce any additional lag?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #845 of 1237 Old 08-05-2018, 05:00 AM

Another question @HDfury , how does the Linker work with converting Dolby Vision content? The reason I am asking is I am seeing if I would be better off running my Apple TV through the Linker with 4:4:4 chroma enabled and letting the Linker convert the signal to something acceptable for my 5040ub or would I be better off skipping the Linker and living with the HDR10 signal? Also, if it is beneficial to send the ATV4K signal through the Linker is their a way to force the Linker to automatically switch inputs when it detects me turning on my XBONE X since the ATV4K doesn’t have a power off command? Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by OrcusVaruna; 08-05-2018 at 05:07 AM.
post #846 of 1237 Old 08-05-2018, 06:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcusVaruna View Post
How do I go about forcing the Linker to output 1080p HDR to the epson? Does the added resolution scaling introduce any additional lag?

You just set the unit to 1080p preset, see usermanual PRESET LIST, if I recall right: HOLD RST + press INP 6 times.
All our HDMI/HDCP 2.x devices including scaling devices have less than 1ms lag, Vertex have the lowest with input lag in terms of nano seconds !

If 4K at input is SDR, then 1080p at output is SDR
If 4K at input is HDR, then 1080p at output is HDR
If you need to do 1080p HDR > SDR to feed capture card, ambient light, 1080p TV, you need to add HDfury X4 to convert 1080p HDR to 1080p SDR.

Quote:
Another question @HDfury, how does the Linker work with converting Dolby Vision content? The reason I am asking is I am seeing if I would be better off running my Apple TV through the Linker with 4:4:4 chroma enabled and letting the Linker convert the signal to something acceptable for my 5040ub or would I be better off skipping the Linker and living with the HDR10 signal? Also, if it is beneficial to send the ATV4K signal through the Linker is their a way to force the Linker to automatically switch inputs when it detects me turning on my XBONE X since the ATV4K doesn’t have a power off command? Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm not sure what you mean by converting Dolby Vision content, can you elaborate ? basically you cannot convert Dolby Vision, but of course it all depends the target/goal, for example, you can convert Dolby Vision if the goal is just to keep ATMOS and other advanced sound format to feed a 1080p AVR, so please explain the goal and what you mean exactly by that.
Also I don't think 5040ub support Dolby Vision, however, I'm quite sure you can force LLDV from ATV4K and downscale it to 1080p HDR and force HDR metadata and it would look very good, just this is not the typical way of dealing with such signals in the AV industry

You can use INPUT priority for switching inputs, so when X1X starts, it switches input to it.

post #847 of 1237 Old 08-05-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
You just set the unit to 1080p preset, see usermanual PRESET LIST, if I recall right: HOLD RST + press INP 6 times.
All our HDMI/HDCP 2.x devices including scaling devices have less than 1ms lag, Vertex have the lowest with input lag in terms of nano seconds !

If 4K at input is SDR, then 1080p at output is SDR
If 4K at input is HDR, then 1080p at output is HDR
If you need to do 1080p HDR > SDR to feed capture card, ambient light, 1080p TV, you need to add HDfury X4 to convert 1080p HDR to 1080p SDR.

I'm not sure what you mean by converting Dolby Vision content, can you elaborate ? basically you cannot convert Dolby Vision, but of course it all depends the target/goal, for example, you can convert Dolby Vision if the goal is just to keep ATMOS and other advanced sound format to feed a 1080p AVR, so please explain the goal and what you mean exactly by that.
Also I don't think 5040ub support Dolby Vision, however, I'm quite sure you can force LLDV from ATV4K and downscale it to 1080p HDR and force HDR metadata and it would look very good, just this is not the typical way of dealing with such signals in the AV industry

You can use INPUT priority for switching inputs, so when X1X starts, it switches input to it.

Awesome thank you for the info. What I mean by convert Dolby Vision is what happens to the dynamic metadata when the Linker converts the signal to a useable hdr signal for the 5040?

post #848 of 1237 Old 08-06-2018, 06:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Awesome thank you for the info. What I mean by convert Dolby Vision is what happens to the dynamic metadata when the Linker converts the signal to a useable hdr signal for the 5040?

Linker doesn't convert anything and the "dynamic" metadata stay on the stream.
Linker can just force ATV4K to output LLDV and force your PJ to render it in HDR mode.
It's not recommended to do that for everyday use in a setup for pleasure, this is for experimentation only because ATV4K can change the way they output LLDV, like OPPO implementation of LLDV and then this won't work anymore.

post #849 of 1237 Old 08-06-2018, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Linker doesn't convert anything and the "dynamic" metadata stay on the stream.
Linker can just force ATV4K to output LLDV and force your PJ to render it in HDR mode.
It's not recommended to do that for everyday use in a setup for pleasure, this is for experimentation only because ATV4K can change the way they output LLDV, like OPPO implementation of LLDV and then this won't work anymore.

Awesome thanks for the info that answered my question

post #850 of 1237 Old 08-09-2018, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So a quick question from a newbie, will at any point in the future the Linker be able to automatically drop back out of HDR into SDR mode if using the custom HDR metadata injector (using a PS4 and LG 2017 OLED). As it seems to auto force on HDR at all times on the TV side not dropping back into SDR unless you use the Goblue app to toggle it on/off (or hook up to a PC), is my understanding of that correct ?
post #851 of 1237 Old 08-09-2018, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex2014jf View Post
So a quick question from a newbie, will at any point in the future the Linker be able to automatically drop back out of HDR into SDR mode if using the custom HDR metadata injector (using a PS4 and LG 2017 OLED). As it seems to auto force on HDR at all times on the TV side not dropping back into SDR unless you use the Goblue app to toggle it on/off (or hook up to a PC), is my understanding of that correct ?

Not sure I got the question right.

If you play HDR content, then metadata goes thru normally and your display goes in HDR mode and when you stop playing HDR content, then display goes out of HDR mode.

If you play any content, you can force HDR or if it's already HDR content, you can DISABLE HDR from Linker/Vertex GUI and inject your HDR custom metadata for force display dealing with different values if you wish (maxfall, nits, etc..). if you start injecting it will continuously inject till you stop injecting.

So if I'm reading you correctly, when you start injecting custom HDR metadata, you would like at some points that the HDR injection stops, if so ... based on what ? what would be the trigger that should disable the HDR custom metadata injection ?

post #852 of 1237 Old 08-10-2018, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Not sure I got the question right.

If you play HDR content, then metadata goes thru normally and your display goes in HDR mode and when you stop playing HDR content, then display goes out of HDR mode.

If you play any content, you can force HDR or if it's already HDR content, you can DISABLE HDR from Linker/Vertex GUI and inject your HDR custom metadata for force display dealing with different values if you wish (maxfall, nits, etc..). if you start injecting it will continuously inject till you stop injecting.

So if I'm reading you correctly, when you start injecting custom HDR metadata, you would like at some points that the HDR injection stops, if so ... based on what ? what would be the trigger that should disable the HDR custom metadata injection ?
As I said total newbie to this but saw a nice tweak elsewhere to counter act the dim HDR on LG 2017 OLED's using a HD Fury Linker, it does indeed work though it varies from game to game.

I thought this would all be automatic, I apply the HDR custom metadata and the PS4 would act as normal running SDR/HDR games with just the Linker sitting in between doing it's thing when a HDR game is run.

But when I exit a HDR game, the TV remains in HDR mode, the Linker Windows utility says the PS4 and TV are both in SDR mode which confused me even more until I realized the HDR injection remains on, so the only way to stop the HDR is to use that disable HDR feature or the reset Linker feature.

Do game consoles not send some kind of command to the TV to disable HDR when you exit a HDR game going back to SDR ? & that the Linker would turn off it's HDR injection in tandem, that's the trigger I was hoping for.

Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong and it should be automatic ?
PS4->Linker->LG B7.
EDID = Sink
Scaling = scaling justified + GUI
In Windows utility custom HDR enabled.

Last edited by ex2014jf; 08-10-2018 at 01:31 AM.
post #853 of 1237 Old 08-10-2018, 05:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
As I said total newbie to this but saw a nice tweak elsewhere to counter act the dim HDR on LG 2017 OLED's using a HD Fury Linker, it does indeed work though it varies from game to game.

I thought this would all be automatic, I apply the HDR custom metadata and the PS4 would act as normal running SDR/HDR games with just the Linker sitting in between doing it's thing when a HDR game is run.

But when I exit a HDR game, the TV remains in HDR mode, the Linker Windows utility says the PS4 and TV are both in SDR mode which confused me even more until I realized the HDR injection remains on, so the only way to stop the HDR is to use that disable HDR feature or the reset Linker feature.

Do game consoles not send some kind of command to the TV to disable HDR when you exit a HDR game going back to SDR ? & that the Linker would turn off it's HDR injection in tandem, that's the trigger I was hoping for.

Unless I'm doing something terribly wrong and it should be automatic ?
PS4->Linker->LG B7.
EDID = Sink
Scaling = scaling justified + GUI
In Windows utility custom HDR enabled.

Usually once HDR metadata stop reaching a display then display get out of HDR mode, yet some earlier TVs needs a EOTF 0 string to get out of HDR mode (that is incorrect implementation)

I now understand what you are trying to do but unfortunately Linker is not made for that, the custom HDR injection is manual and cannot be done based on trigger, especially not based on HDR trigger, since many are using this feature for calibration, the incoming content is BT2020 without HDR metadata, so they need to add it manually to force display in HDR mode as long as they are calibrating HDR on the display.

However, it was once discussed to add such feature as you want it on Vertex, I can get progress info from devs if you are interested in it.

post #854 of 1237 Old 08-10-2018, 08:35 AM

If it were possible on the Vertex unit that might be interesting but I think I'd have to see someone else demo it before committing, if it were me I would package and sell it as a fix for LG 2017 OLED's dim HDR in game mode so long as it's as automatic & hands off as possible. The dark/dim HDR on 2017 OLED's still gets asked about quite a bit on av web forums and reddit, an easy fix to point to might sell a few vertex units. Throw up a video on YouTube showing it, Horizon Zero Dawn is a good example, especially in the northern wastes expansion dlc area for the game. I went out on a limb with the Linker really out of curiosity the HDR settings I use on the TV are good enough for me.

At least what I was told is that it was down to the tone mapping, LG default to 4000 nits instead of a more suitable 1000 nits in game mode, the tweak applied tells the TV to apply 1000 nits tone mapping, I'm not an expert but the HDR values supplied did indeed make things look better but it varied some noticeable and some subtle.

The other minor issue was the delays in switching between SDR/HDR on the Linker, there were a few seconds more between that before you would get back to the game console UI. If the Vertex is faster in that area it would be nice bonus too, really as close as possible to the native switching delay in game consoles.

Anyway thanks for the info, I learned quite a bit more about some things.
post #855 of 1237 Old 08-10-2018, 11:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
If it were possible on the Vertex unit that might be interesting but I think I'd have to see someone else demo it before committing, if it were me I would package and sell it as a fix for LG 2017 OLED's dim HDR in game mode so long as it's as automatic & hands off as possible. The dark/dim HDR on 2017 OLED's still gets asked about quite a bit on av web forums and reddit, an easy fix to point to might sell a few vertex units. Throw up a video on YouTube showing it, Horizon Zero Dawn is a good example, especially in the northern wastes expansion dlc area for the game. I went out on a limb with the Linker really out of curiosity the HDR settings I use on the TV are good enough for me.

At least what I was told is that it was down to the tone mapping, LG default to 4000 nits instead of a more suitable 1000 nits in game mode, the tweak applied tells the TV to apply 1000 nits tone mapping, I'm not an expert but the HDR values supplied did indeed make things look better but it varied some noticeable and some subtle.

The other minor issue was the delays in switching between SDR/HDR on the Linker, there were a few seconds more between that before you would get back to the game console UI. If the Vertex is faster in that area it would be nice bonus too, really as close as possible to the native switching delay in game consoles.

Anyway thanks for the info, I learned quite a bit more about some things.

Vertex switches ultra fast compared to Linker, no problem for that and you can trade in if you want to exchange linker for vertex. just send email for that.

I'll talk to our devs and see what we can do to make this automatic.

post #856 of 1237 Old 08-13-2018, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Vertex switches ultra fast compared to Linker, no problem for that and you can trade in if you want to exchange linker for vertex. just send email for that.

I'll talk to our devs and see what we can do to make this automatic.
Cool, if you guys can get it automatic with the Vertex that would be very handy indeed.

I would then definitely recommend it to any LG 2017 OLED owners as it seems LG are restricting their dynamic tone mapping feature to the 2018 models and I get the feeling they have no intent on adjusting the default fixed tone mapping of the game mode on 2017 models either.

Though I did buy my Linker via Amazon so I'll have to return it to them I guess & I'll pick up a Vertex if it can pull this off.
post #857 of 1237 Old 08-14-2018, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Having issues with my PS4 Pro and Epson 5040ub. Getting the feeling the Fury isn't liking some of my long runs but thought I'd check with the community.

Here is a quick overview of my setup: (I beg forgiveness in advance for the portrait video)

Denon AVR <--HDMI coupler<--40 ft hdmi <--HDMI coupler (wall outlet by screen)<---Linker <-- PS4 Pro

Epson PJ <------50 ft----- Denon AVR

I get picture and all the HDR modes show up as available, however I get intermittent flickering/black screen which renders the PS4 unplayable. Flickers constantly if set to 2160 RGB, and less so when PS4 set to 2160 YUV.

I have my PS4 out by the screen because I have PSVR, otherwise I would put the PS4 in the rack in the other room.

I also tried to put the Fury between the PJ and AVR:

Epson PJ <------50 ft------- Linker <--- 3 ft<----- Denon AVR

Denon AVR <--HDMI coupler<--40 ft hdmi <--HDMI coupler (wall outlet by screen)<-- PS4 Pro

Other components attached to my AVR (NVIDIA Shield, Xfinity STB) all have signal go through the Linker to the PJ fine (these are all short run between components to the AVR since they are in the same rack)

With the PS4 Pro, I get no signal at all under this setup.

In summary - is it the long-run HDMI between the PS4 Pro and the AVR, and then the long-run from the AVR to the Projector problematic? One last thing I tried was having the PS4 in the rack connected to the AVR through the Fury, and that appeared to work, however, I then can't have the PSVR going in this setup (unless I play in my component room lol).

In terms of Fury settings, I'm using the following:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.PNG
Views:	18
Size:	44.0 KB
ID:	2441446   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.PNG
Views:	11
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	2441448   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	25.1 KB
ID:	2441450   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.PNG
Views:	12
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	2441452   Click image for larger version

Name:	5.PNG
Views:	10
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	2441454  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6.PNG
Views:	8
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	2441456  

Last edited by rinse82; 08-14-2018 at 06:36 AM.
post #858 of 1237 Old 08-14-2018, 07:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinse82 View Post
Having issues with my PS4 Pro and Epson 5040ub. Getting the feeling the Fury isn't liking some of my long runs but thought I'd check with the community.

Here is a quick overview of my setup: (I beg forgiveness in advance for the portrait video)

https://youtu.be/qteYfupXfDE

Denon AVR <--HDMI coupler<--40 ft hdmi <--HDMI coupler (wall outlet by screen)<---Linker <-- PS4 Pro

Epson PJ <------50 ft----- Denon AVR

I get picture and all the HDR modes show up as available, however I get intermittent flickering/black screen which renders the PS4 unplayable. Flickers constantly if set to 2160 RGB, and less so when PS4 set to 2160 YUV.

I have my PS4 out by the screen because I have PSVR, otherwise I would put the PS4 in the rack in the other room.

I also tried to put the Fury between the PJ and AVR:

Epson PJ <------50 ft------- Linker <--- 3 ft<----- Denon AVR

Denon AVR <--HDMI coupler<--40 ft hdmi <--HDMI coupler (wall outlet by screen)<-- PS4 Pro

Other components attached to my AVR (NVIDIA Shield, Xfinity STB) all have signal go through the Linker to the PJ fine (these are all short run between components to the AVR since they are in the same rack)

With the PS4 Pro, I get no signal at all under this setup.

In summary - is it the long-run HDMI between the PS4 Pro and the AVR, and then the long-run from the AVR to the Projector problematic? One last thing I tried was having the PS4 in the rack connected to the AVR through the Fury, and that appeared to work, however, I then can't have the PSVR going in this setup (unless I play in my component room lol).

In terms of Fury settings, I'm using the following:

Ok, first of all, you should use firmware 0.23 or 0.25, try 0.25 first and see if it syncs fine with all your sources, if not, use 0.23.

Now regarding connection, to drive long cable at linker output, you might need to use a 5.25V 2A PSU (instead of original 5V2A) > Make sure to NEVER exceed 5.3V !

Or use long cable between AVR output and Linker input and short cable between Linker output and display input.

According to your second setup description: The wall couplers and 40ft HDMI seems not able to support PS4 PRO full bandwidth (which is normal unless you use fiber optic for such length)

So you can try first setup with 5.25V 2A PSU (it might still fail because of wall coupler and long HDMI run, proven by the second setup results but by lowering the bandwidth with Linker, there is chance it will work fine)

The good solution would be to use fiber optic instead of wall coupler and current 40ft HDMI.

post #859 of 1237 Old 08-14-2018, 09:24 AM

@HDfury is there anyway to force the Linker to output 1080x24p 10-12 Bit HDR? I would love to scale 4K Blu-rays to this. Also, when scaling an XBONE X signal from HDR 4K 60 it says in the Linker software that it is scaling to 1080x60p 10bit HDR but when I go to the info screen on the epson it states it is receiving 8bit HDR. I know it’s not the projector as it will accept and properly display this signal if forced directly from my Apple TV4K. Thanks for your help

post #860 of 1237 Old 08-14-2018, 10:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@HDfury is there anyway to force the Linker to output 1080x24p 10-12 Bit HDR? I would love to scale 4K Blu-rays to this. Also, when scaling an XBONE X signal from HDR 4K 60 it says in the Linker software that it is scaling to 1080x60p 10bit HDR but when I go to the info screen on the epson it states it is receiving 8bit HDR. I know it’s not the projector as it will accept and properly display this signal if forced directly from my Apple TV4K. Thanks for your help

You just have to send 4K24 HDR and then you will have 1080p24 HDR at output if you downscale it.
If you meant send 4K60 HDR and output 1080p24 HDR, then no this is not possible as Linker doesn't do FRAME RATE CONVERSION.

For the other question, please send GUI screenshot when you are having this results.

post #861 of 1237 Old 08-16-2018, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Finally i got my Linker... Now I have a problem how to set this device up

I have an Panasonic UB900 UHD Player and an Epson LS10000 (which is not capable of HDR but is correctly calibrated to SDR2020).

What exactly should i choose in the GUI??
post #862 of 1237 Old 08-16-2018, 09:20 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Quote:
Ok, first of all, you should use firmware 0.23 or 0.25, try 0.25 first and see if it syncs fine with all your sources, if not, use 0.23.

Now regarding connection, to drive long cable at linker output, you might need to use a 5.25V 2A PSU (instead of original 5V2A) > Make sure to NEVER exceed 5.3V !

Or use long cable between AVR output and Linker input and short cable between Linker output and display input.

According to your second setup description: The wall couplers and 40ft HDMI seems not able to support PS4 PRO full bandwidth (which is normal unless you use fiber optic for such length)

So you can try first setup with 5.25V 2A PSU (it might still fail because of wall coupler and long HDMI run, proven by the second setup results but by lowering the bandwidth with Linker, there is chance it will work fine)

The good solution would be to use fiber optic instead of wall coupler and current 40ft HDMI.
Ok thanks, seems difficult to find a 5.25V 2A PSU with regular USB connector.
post #863 of 1237 Old 08-17-2018, 06:10 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smack23 View Post
Finally i got my Linker... Now I have a problem how to set this device up

I have an Panasonic UB900 UHD Player and an Epson LS10000 (which is not capable of HDR but is correctly calibrated to SDR2020).

What exactly should i choose in the GUI??

Just use Custom EDID that have BT2020 without HDR support and you should be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinse82 View Post
Ok thanks, seems difficult to find a 5.25V 2A PSU with regular USB connector.
See Vertex thread, many people posted cheap alternative from Ebay/Amazon.
Smack23 likes this.

post #864 of 1237 Old 08-19-2018, 01:38 PM

Quote:
You just have to send 4K24 HDR and then you will have 1080p24 HDR at output if you downscale it.
If you meant send 4K60 HDR and output 1080p24 HDR, then no this is not possible as Linker doesn't do FRAME RATE CONVERSION.

For the other question, please send GUI screenshot when you are having this results.

Linker says it’s outputting 1080p60 10bit hdr and the projector says it’s receiving 1080p60 8-bit.

post #865 of 1237 Old 08-20-2018, 02:42 AM

It looks like the game console HDR issue may resolve itself as Sony & MS have formed a group to better optimize gaming HDR with support from some TV vendors.

https://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.ph...&id=1534743725

Hopefully one day the Vertex could support this (or even fake it if the TV doesn't support it), from the sounds of it a direct connection to the TV would be necessary so that would rule out receivers/soundbars/switches that are not updated & likely never will be. So that audio out on the Vertex is going to be very useful too.
post #866 of 1237 Old 08-20-2018, 06:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Linker says it’s outputting 1080p60 10bit hdr and the projector says it’s receiving 1080p60 8-bit.

You should start by using one of the latest firmware 0.23 or 0.25

For the GUI screenshot and from the signal bandwidth, you are sending deep color out, I'm not sure why your PJ doesn't report it, may be something to do with wireless adapter, see if direct HDMI feed give another result.

What is exact model of your PJ ?

post #867 of 1237 Old 08-20-2018, 09:38 AM

Quote:
You should start by using one of the latest firmware 0.23 or 0.25

For the GUI screenshot and from the signal bandwidth, you are sending deep color out, I'm not sure why your PJ doesn't report it, may be something to do with wireless adapter, see if direct HDMI feed give another result.

What is exact model of your PJ ?

Thank you for the quick response and the model is an epson 5040ube. Unfortunately direct feed is not an option as I would have to take the projector down to get to the inputs. I’m perfectly happy with running 8bit 4K60 HDR, I wanted to compare to see if there was any improvement in banding with a 10bit 1080p60 signal.

post #868 of 1237 Old 08-20-2018, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thank you for the quick response and the model is an epson 5040ube. Unfortunately direct feed is not an option as I would have to take the projector down to get to the inputs. I’m perfectly happy with running 8bit 4K60 HDR, I wanted to compare to see if there was any improvement in banding with a 10bit 1080p60 signal.

Ok see if you have same results with latest FW 0.23 or 0.25 and try to take GUI screenshot again if it differs.

post #869 of 1237 Old 08-21-2018, 07:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hi Guys,

Just a reminder: If you haven't yet posted a review about your HDfury device (reserved to people who ordered from HDfury.com directly), please do so.
We will soon unveil new devices and we will randomly pick up a few review, chosen one will get free new hardware to play with !

post #870 of 1237 Old 08-24-2018, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm not able to get Dolby Atmos through my apple TV 4K with the linker connected. I'm connected to 2 x 1080p devices and the EDID is set to 4k 60hz All sound - this was main reason for purchase, to get the better quality 4k steams and atmos in this setup. Is this EDID related? I've tried other 4k options but they removed the Atmos option from the menu as it no longer showed as an Atmos compatible receiver.

I have an Onkyo RZ800 and when atmos movies are selected on itunes it won't play anything. The Apple TV 4K is on latest beta firmware and Sicario on same firmware shows Atmos when played through my setup in another room (also using an Onkyo receiver).

Has anyone else had this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page