HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 102Likes

post #931 of 1262 Old 09-14-2018, 02:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 562 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4288 Post(s)
Liked: 1163
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgerdog View Post
I’m not getting any sound at all from the b7 native tv apps. Is that normal? It’s on input 2(arc) going to linker and then to the denon receiver. The set up should be correct since sound / video hdr etc is fine when I’m using consoles, it’s just the TV apps that aren’t producing any sound.

Not sure how you want that to work, ARC cannot travel HDMI devices so if you want ARC to an AVR you have no other choice than doing TV ARC input to AVR output direct.

When using devices such as Vertex or Integral, you can have Vertex or Integral getting ARC sound and then they will output it via optical which you can link back to AVR.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 1262 Old 09-16-2018, 03:38 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, ihave a question to the Linker. Iwant to use the Linker for my ambilight in 4k.
Iam owning an Onkyo receiver with 2 hmi outputs. So iwill not need a splitter.
My TV is directly connected by hdmi to the onkyo and is doing CEC and ARC.
What if iam using the 2 output with the linker will istill have the ARC over hdmi to my onkyo?
Cause iknow that my onkyo just synchronise the outputs, but ihope the linker just give the 4k signal to the grabber in 1080p.

Ihope the linker is able to simulate also arc or maybe idont need it? Cause the tv is directly connected to the onkyo, maybe the arc will work.

Anyone habe the same setup like me?
Receiver with 2 outputs.

Thx
Besthdman
post #933 of 1262 Old 09-16-2018, 09:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besthdman View Post
Hi, ihave a question to the Linker. Iwant to use the Linker for my ambilight in 4k.
Iam owning an Onkyo receiver with 2 hmi outputs. So iwill not need a splitter.
My TV is directly connected by hdmi to the onkyo and is doing CEC and ARC.
What if iam using the 2 output with the linker will istill have the ARC over hdmi to my onkyo?
Cause iknow that my onkyo just synchronise the outputs, but ihope the linker just give the 4k signal to the grabber in 1080p.

Ihope the linker is able to simulate also arc or maybe idont need it? Cause the tv is directly connected to the onkyo, maybe the arc will work.

Anyone habe the same setup like me?
Receiver with 2 outputs.

Thx
Besthdman

Should work perfectly, just please understand that if you play 4K HDR, your 1080p grabber will not render correct color unless you have HDR > SDR converter such as HDfury X4

ARC should continue to work as presently, I doubt both of the outputs are ARC capable and even if they are, it would not change anything since Linker is not/will not be connected to a ARC capable device at all.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 1262 Old 09-17-2018, 12:14 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 12558 Post(s)
Liked: 11736
It's getting late, will do more research tomorrow, but had a few questions as this device looks to be pretty cool.

1. this device can upscale any source and kick your tv into HDR mode, similar to what the Apple Tv 4k can do if set that way? So you can have your cable tv or even 1080P Blu rays converted to HDR?

1a. If you have it set to upconvert to HDR, will it pass real HDR as untouched if real HDR is inputted?

2. Are there any regular settings on this device, such as contrast, sharpness, brightness, etc?

Thank you in advance!

75Q9FN*55C8OLED*Galaxy S10+ *Ub820 fed into Oppo 203* XB1X* 4k Denon X4200

MASTER LIST OF HDR CONTENT THREAD HERE, UPDATED OFTEN
post #935 of 1262 Old 09-17-2018, 05:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray0414 View Post
It's getting late, will do more research tomorrow, but had a few questions as this device looks to be pretty cool.

1. this device can upscale any source and kick your tv into HDR mode, similar to what the Apple Tv 4k can do if set that way? So you can have your cable tv or even 1080P Blu rays converted to HDR?

1a. If you have it set to upconvert to HDR, will it pass real HDR as untouched if real HDR is inputted?

2. Are there any regular settings on this device, such as contrast, sharpness, brightness, etc?

Thank you in advance!

1. It can upscale FHD to UHD, but it cannot convert SDR to HDR. it can however force a sink to go in its HDR mode for calibration or for metadata replacement.
1a. HDR pass thru with original/stripped or modified HDR metadata. device cannot convert SDR to HDR as answered in 1.
2. No, that is on your source/TV. our devices are fully transparent and does not alter signal in any ways.

post #936 of 1262 Old 09-21-2018, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Ok I need help. I have the linker and I have the blu dongle thing. HOw do I hook it up. I dont need a pc do I? I am not getting any singal to pass my jvc 520 projector with my new panny 820 hd blu ray player. I do get it to pass with the older 900 hd blu ray player but not this new one. Also not able to get my xbox one x to pass a signal with the linker. Any help would be apreciated. I feel I need to start over from scratch adn would like to be able to get both items to pass a signal so that my projector will enable my dynamic iris with hdr content.
post #937 of 1262 Old 09-22-2018, 05:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
Ok I need help. I have the linker and I have the blu dongle thing. HOw do I hook it up. I dont need a pc do I? I am not getting any singal to pass my jvc 520 projector with my new panny 820 hd blu ray player. I do get it to pass with the older 900 hd blu ray player but not this new one. Also not able to get my xbox one x to pass a signal with the linker. Any help would be apreciated. I feel I need to start over from scratch adn would like to be able to get both items to pass a signal so that my projector will enable my dynamic iris with hdr content.

Please confirm cable length at linker input and output and how you are powering the unit.
If you have GoBlue, please check the Linker FW version in use, finally please tell me the JVC520 max supported resolution or link to its usermanual so I can check it.

post #938 of 1262 Old 09-22-2018, 08:01 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please confirm cable length at linker input and output and how you are powering the unit.
If you have GoBlue, please check the Linker FW version in use, finally please tell me the JVC520 max supported resolution or link to its usermanual so I can check it.

Ok I will do that later. I am not sure the firmwhare of the linker in use. I am not sure if my laptop will even work now I havent used in a year. I will try and checkout and get back to you. I did get it to work with my panny 820 finally. Made some adjustments. I am using monoprice certified cables and they work very well. The cable is 25 feet in length and works great and have used the linker for over a year with no issues. Should I flash the firmware on the linker as I havent done so since I bought it over a year ago. THe cable going from the linker to projector is 2 feet. Like I said everything seems to work fine now on the pannisonic but the xbox doesnt pass a signal. I think what I need to do is go back and start from scratch on the linker and the go blu as if I am doing it for the first time and do a fresh install. I also want to know I do have 2 25 foot cables that go to the projector and the linker has two inputs would it be best to configure each input one for the xbox 1 x and the other for the panisonic 4k player? I would assume that is the best way to do it.
post #939 of 1262 Old 09-22-2018, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Quote:
http://pro.jvc.com/prof/attributes/f...l_id=MDL102474
post #940 of 1262 Old 09-24-2018, 06:51 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 10
@HDfury - Hopefully a quick one. I am using the HDFury Linker on FW0.25 in combination with an ambilight system to downgrade incoming 4k signals. Sometimes I am suffering from 'pink' output screens from the LEDs when I am outputting a 4k HDR signal from the ATV4k that downscales the signal to 1080p. Now, in a separate forum, the solution apparently has been to change the output of the ATV4k to 4:2:2 for the ambilight system to accurately show the picture...any idea if I could change some settings around on my GUI? Can I force the linker to output 1080p 4:2:2 signals into my Ambilight system (Dreamscreen), if that might help? One setting's page showed the following settings:

UPDATE: I have just played around with the settings and set the downscale colour space to RGB 0-255, eliminating the pink output issue...any other advice on settings (latest GUI screenshot attached)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	13
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2459594  

Last edited by drdoom2k; 09-24-2018 at 11:41 AM.
post #941 of 1262 Old 09-25-2018, 06:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipvideo View Post
Ok I will do that later. I am not sure the firmwhare of the linker in use. I am not sure if my laptop will even work now I havent used in a year. I will try and checkout and get back to you. I did get it to work with my panny 820 finally. Made some adjustments. I am using monoprice certified cables and they work very well. The cable is 25 feet in length and works great and have used the linker for over a year with no issues. Should I flash the firmware on the linker as I havent done so since I bought it over a year ago. THe cable going from the linker to projector is 2 feet. Like I said everything seems to work fine now on the pannisonic but the xbox doesnt pass a signal. I think what I need to do is go back and start from scratch on the linker and the go blu as if I am doing it for the first time and do a fresh install. I also want to know I do have 2 25 foot cables that go to the projector and the linker has two inputs would it be best to configure each input one for the xbox 1 x and the other for the panisonic 4k player? I would assume that is the best way to do it.

Ok, it would be nice to know the FW version you have running on the unit, if you have goblue you should be able to check it with the APP.
Otherwise just run GUI and take a screenshot please.

you can use 2 cables to feed both inputs, that's up to you, my job is to find out why X1X gives no pic at the moment.

Make also a try without GoBlue connected, that will help to rule out power issue out of equation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdoom2k View Post
@HDfury - Hopefully a quick one. I am using the HDFury Linker on FW0.25 in combination with an ambilight system to downgrade incoming 4k signals. Sometimes I am suffering from 'pink' output screens from the LEDs when I am outputting a 4k HDR signal from the ATV4k that downscales the signal to 1080p. Now, in a separate forum, the solution apparently has been to change the output of the ATV4k to 4:2:2 for the ambilight system to accurately show the picture...any idea if I could change some settings around on my GUI? Can I force the linker to output 1080p 4:2:2 signals into my Ambilight system (Dreamscreen), if that might help? One setting's page showed the following settings:

UPDATE: I have just played around with the settings and set the downscale colour space to RGB 0-255, eliminating the pink output issue...any other advice on settings (latest GUI screenshot attached)

Glad you solved it on your own ! Your settings looks good, the problem sending HDR to SDR ambientlight system, is a "red tinted" led colors on ambient light, this issue you cannot solve with Linker, you need X4 to do HDR > SDR conversion to render led colors correctly.

post #942 of 1262 Old 10-07-2018, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Ok, it would be nice to know the FW version you have running on the unit, if you have goblue you should be able to check it with the APP.
Otherwise just run GUI and take a screenshot please.

you can use 2 cables to feed both inputs, that's up to you, my job is to find out why X1X gives no pic at the moment.

Make also a try without GoBlue connected, that will help to rule out power issue out of equation.

Glad you solved it on your own ! Your settings looks good, the problem sending HDR to SDR ambientlight system, is a "red tinted" led colors on ambient light, this issue you cannot solve with Linker, you need X4 to do HDR > SDR conversion to render led colors correctly.
Hi, I need help with the linker and the Apple TV 4k. I have been using a linker to play the 4K streams from a Roku Premier Plus on Vudu and recently Amazon Prime to get Dolby Atmos audio to my 1080p Panasonic ZT 60, through my Pioneer Elite SC 85 receiver, which is not HDCP 2.2 (only 1.4). It has been working great, with the following linker settings: Hdcp 1.4 only, 4k60 preset on, quick preset 5, scale down, color space follow input, up/through colorspece 7, deep color 5, down colorspece ycbcr 4:4:4, but 2020 out, edid custom 4.

When I hear that the Apple TV 4k now has Dolby Atmos for its Netflix app and iTunes, I picked one up. But when I plug it into the linker it won't show 4k resolution as available, and won't show Atmos audio as an audio option!! Help please, what am I doing wrong? I don't think it's the cables because it works on the Roku - any help is greatly appreciated- thanks.
post #943 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 01:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi there,
in the old thread there was some messages on the problem of the connection of the sony X800 to JVC x7500/520.
Through the linker the connection was possible, but I don't remember the configuration of the linker.
Can someone remember it to me?

Thanks in advance.

ZioArvi
post #944 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 03:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
Hi, I need help with the linker and the Apple TV 4k. I have been using a linker to play the 4K streams from a Roku Premier Plus on Vudu and recently Amazon Prime to get Dolby Atmos audio to my 1080p Panasonic ZT 60, through my Pioneer Elite SC 85 receiver, which is not HDCP 2.2 (only 1.4). It has been working great, with the following linker settings: Hdcp 1.4 only, 4k60 preset on, quick preset 5, scale down, color space follow input, up/through colorspece 7, deep color 5, down colorspece ycbcr 4:4:4, but 2020 out, edid custom 4.

When I hear that the Apple TV 4k now has Dolby Atmos for its Netflix app and iTunes, I picked one up. But when I plug it into the linker it won't show 4k resolution as available, and won't show Atmos audio as an audio option!! Help please, what am I doing wrong? I don't think it's the cables because it works on the Roku - any help is greatly appreciated- thanks.

Can you send GUI screenshot or APP screenshot when you are trying please. we also need to check FW version. not mentioned in your thread.
Recent ATV4K firmware now send atmos via dolby mat instead of true HD before, so you need to make sure your AVR support that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioarvi View Post
Hi there,
in the old thread there was some messages on the problem of the connection of the sony X800 to JVC x7500/520.
Through the linker the connection was possible, but I don't remember the configuration of the linker.
Can someone remember it to me?

Thanks in advance.

FW0.25 is needed for X800 support, that is from what I remember, the main thing about it.

Please confirm cable length at input and output and send GUI Screenshot when you are trying if you have any issue.

post #945 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 04:31 AM

Here is the screenshot of the Linker app, looks like firmware is .23, is this what you need?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2C8C6F7C-F958-4FC1-92A1-EB8B7A78FC9A_1538998182213.png
Views:	10
Size:	283.0 KB
ID:	2465472  
post #946 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 04:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is the screenshot of the Linker app, looks like firmware is .23, is this what you need?

If you cannot run Windows GUI, please take APP Screenshot of all settings, I especially need to see EDID settings.
But most important and actually primordial for you is to check if your AVR support Dolby MAT, since ATV4K is now using this and not TRUE HD anymore to send ATMOS out (hopefully they will give option via settings in the future)

Do you have access to windows computer or not at all ?

post #947 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 06:54 AM

Quote:
If you cannot run Windows GUI, please take APP Screenshot of all settings, I especially need to see EDID settings.
But most important and actually primordial for you is to check if your AVR support Dolby MAT, since ATV4K is now using this and not TRUE HD anymore to send ATMOS out (hopefully they will give option via settings in the future)

Do you have access to windows computer or not at all ?
Hi, thanks for your help - I am at work now so I can't take screenshot of settings now - I am not sure I understand what you are saying - I have linker app on my Iphone, I have a windows computer at home but linker app not installed on it - do you want me to install software on my computer? or can I just take screenshot of app settings on my iphone when I get home, especially edid settings?

I also don't understand how to check my AVR if it supports Dolby MAT - would that be in the manual, I can pull that up online if so? Thanks again!
post #948 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 07:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi, thanks for your help - I am at work now so I can't take screenshot of settings now - I am not sure I understand what you are saying - I have linker app on my Iphone, I have a windows computer at home but linker app not installed on it - do you want me to install software on my computer? or can I just take screenshot of app settings on my iphone when I get home, especially edid settings?

I also don't understand how to check my AVR if it supports Dolby MAT - would that be in the manual, I can pull that up online if so? Thanks again!

Best is Windows GUI screenshot, so if you want to do that, you need to install SILABS drivers on your computer and then run Windows Utility. (see usermanual for step by step driver install and running GUI)

If you cannot do that: You can take APP screenshots.

For your AVR supporting Dolby MAT, the 2 sources for asking are:

1) Your AVR manufacturer.
2) Apple TV4K, since they did that move recently to remove ATMOS over TrueHD bitstream and now use ATMOS over Dolby MAT/PCM, there should be plenty of users with ATMOS not working since their latest update so their forums or their reps should know about it as well.

It's quite simple to check, if ATV4K says it is sending ATMOS and if AVR play no sound, then AVR doesn't support Dolby MAT (this is assuming you are running the current ATV firmware, older firmware work perfectly well with older AVR not supporting Dolby Mat as older ATV firmware is using True HD bitstream for Atmos and hopefully upcoming firmware from Apple will provide option for Atmos output settings for older AVR support > if enough guys go to complain after them)

post #949 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Best is Windows GUI screenshot, so if you want to do that, you need to install SILABS drivers on your computer and then run Windows Utility. (see usermanual for step by step driver install and running GUI)

If you cannot do that: You can take APP screenshots.

For your AVR supporting Dolby MAT, the 2 sources for asking are:

1) Your AVR manufacturer.
2) Apple TV4K, since they did that move recently to remove ATMOS over TrueHD bitstream and now use ATMOS over Dolby MAT/PCM, there should be plenty of users with ATMOS not working since their latest update so their forums or their reps should know about it as well.

It's quite simple to check, if ATV4K says it is sending ATMOS and if AVR play no sound, then AVR doesn't support Dolby MAT (this is assuming you are running the current ATV firmware, older firmware work perfectly well with older AVR not supporting Dolby Mat as older ATV firmware is using True HD bitstream for Atmos and hopefully upcoming firmware from Apple will provide option for Atmos output settings for older AVR support > if enough guys go to complain after them)
I updated the firmware on the AT4K - in settings on the AT4K, it doesn't show Atmos as an output, only 2 choices are uncompressed PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1. I looked at the manual for the SC-85 and cant find any info on Dolby MAT, I guess I can call Pioneer and ask.

But regardless of the audio, the AT4K thinks it is connected to a 1080P set as it won't show 4K video options - are there any linker settings that I should try when I get home? It just seems weird since the linker settings I have now allow my Roku Premeire Plus to send 4K streams from Vudu and Amazon Prime?
post #950 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 08:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I updated the firmware on the AT4K - in settings on the AT4K, it doesn't show Atmos as an output, only 2 choices are uncompressed PCM and Dolby Digital 5.1. I looked at the manual for the SC-85 and cant find any info on Dolby MAT, I guess I can call Pioneer and ask.

But regardless of the audio, the AT4K thinks it is connected to a 1080P set as it won't show 4K video options - are there any linker settings that I should try when I get home? It just seems weird since the linker settings I have now allow my Roku Premeire Plus to send 4K streams from Vudu and Amazon Prime?
I can only guess until I can see your full settings, you can eventually try FW0.25 on Linker see if that is related but best is just to provide me with GUI screenshot so I can verify your settings and see what is coming in.

post #951 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 08:38 AM

Quote:
I can only guess until I can see your full settings, you can eventually try FW0.25 on Linker see if that is related but best is just to provide me with GUI screenshot so I can verify your settings and see what is coming in.
Ok, will do when I get home
post #952 of 1262 Old 10-08-2018, 05:28 PM

Ok, here are the screenshots of my settings - any changes I should make?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	B4B5A891-E607-468B-9974-D3E6CAE8C657_1539044718158.png
Views:	14
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	2465802   Click image for larger version

Name:	2A8932FA-44B6-485D-80AA-E37719C82682_1539044738635.png
Views:	14
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	2465804   Click image for larger version

Name:	D601D648-E812-4B76-9FB9-864A9EC858DA_1539044755221.png
Views:	11
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	2465806   Click image for larger version

Name:	B048313E-4FDD-408C-B3C7-20C3F481D2AB_1539044774286.png
Views:	12
Size:	91.4 KB
ID:	2465808   Click image for larger version

Name:	548B5C35-3DAA-4ABD-BC5E-7D7BD291B711_1539044788544.png
Size:	113.1 KB
ID:	2465810  

Name:	284AD801-2628-419A-A716-E662DB3B9553_1539044797726.png
Views:	10
Size:	82.9 KB
ID:	2465812   Click image for larger version

Name:	8D9D7CE7-E3B2-44F7-8E3D-499BCD1FB1D1_1539044807951.png
Views:	9
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	2465814  
post #953 of 1262 Old 10-09-2018, 05:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Ok, here are the screenshots of my settings - any changes I should make?
Lot of mistakes in this config but before I give you a list (it might be easier to reset to default and do some changes from there), please send INFO PAGE screenshot when you are trying. (TOP LEFT ARROW)

post #954 of 1262 Old 10-09-2018, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Lot of mistakes in this config but before I give you a list (it might be easier to reset to default and do some changes from there), please send INFO PAGE screenshot when you are trying. (TOP LEFT ARROW)
Ok thanks, I will do that when I get home from work - thanks again!
post #955 of 1262 Old 10-09-2018, 12:49 PM

Here is the screenshot you asked for, any suggestions would be appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	14C58C48-8A9F-44AE-9D25-5A5B1836AC04_1539114508441.png
Size:	283.3 KB
ID:	2466284  
post #956 of 1262 Old 10-10-2018, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Here is the screenshot you asked for, any suggestions would be appreciated!

Sorry I just realized that you posted same screenshot before, I missed it.

Ok, here is what I would try for ATV 4K output:

Flash firmware 0.25 on Linker.
Once flashed, Hold RST button and press INP button 6 times to set the unit for 1080p deep color display.
Reselect EDID 4 from custom EDID list using GUI or APP (make sure your GoBlue is running latest firmware if you do it from APP)
Make sure HDCP is set to 1.4

Then try again in your setup and make sure to restart ATV to get full proper edid read at startup.

If ATV now output 4K (please take INFO page screenshot if it's the case), then try again with, your other source to make sure it still work with them as well (sync should be faster with FW0.25)

Now regarding Dolby Atmos from ATV4K running latest FW, problem is may be not with your AVR but with Linker, since Linker only support Atmos over DD+ or TrueHD, but in reality it could be with both devices, Linker and your AVR.
However, ATV4K should offer the ATMOS option in its menu.

So we don't know yet if Apple will correct this new way of sending Atmos out as it is creating lot of issues for lot of people, so if enough are complaining they might consider adding option to output Atmos over MAT or TrueHD in the future.
In such case, being patient is the key since it seems you cannot flash back older firmware on ATV, so one can just hope they re introduce Atmos over True HD in the future.

If your AVR support Dolby Mat, then by using Integral2 or Vertex, you can get the ATV latest fw to work with your AVR for Atmos over Dolby MAT.
In such case, please consider trade in Linker for Integral2 or Vertex.

post #957 of 1262 Old 10-10-2018, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Sorry I just realized that you posted same screenshot before, I missed it.

Ok, here is what I would try for ATV 4K output:

Flash firmware 0.25 on Linker.
Once flashed, Hold RST button and press INP button 6 times to set the unit for 1080p deep color display.
Reselect EDID 4 from custom EDID list using GUI or APP (make sure your GoBlue is running latest firmware if you do it from APP)
Make sure HDCP is set to 1.4

Then try again in your setup and make sure to restart ATV to get full proper edid read at startup.

If ATV now output 4K (please take INFO page screenshot if it's the case), then try again with, your other source to make sure it still work with them as well (sync should be faster with FW0.25)

Now regarding Dolby Atmos from ATV4K running latest FW, problem is may be not with your AVR but with Linker, since Linker only support Atmos over DD+ or TrueHD, but in reality it could be with both devices, Linker and your AVR.
However, ATV4K should offer the ATMOS option in its menu.

So we don't know yet if Apple will correct this new way of sending Atmos out as it is creating lot of issues for lot of people, so if enough are complaining they might consider adding option to output Atmos over MAT or TrueHD in the future.
In such case, being patient is the key since it seems you cannot flash back older firmware on ATV, so one can just hope they re introduce Atmos over True HD in the future.

If your AVR support Dolby Mat, then by using Integral2 or Vertex, you can get the ATV latest fw to work with your AVR for Atmos over Dolby MAT.
In such case, please consider trade in Linker for Integral2 or Vertex.

I will try to do this when I get home from work - Question - how do I flash firmware .25 on linker and make sure GoBlue is running latest firmware? Thanks again!
post #958 of 1262 Old 10-10-2018, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I will try to do this when I get home from work - Question - how do I flash firmware .25 on linker and make sure GoBlue is running latest firmware? Thanks again!
to flash firmware on Linker, refer to usermanual p.15

To check GoBlue firmware, I think you can try the following:

Download iOS or Android APP for VERTEX and try to connect, I think it will report GoBlue firmware version automatically if I recall well. that's the easier way, to update GoBlue firmware, refer to GoBlue product page, it's explained. (there is a video too)

post #959 of 1262 Old 10-12-2018, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked: 251
HDFURY Linker owners thread

@HDfury is there anyway to force the linker to convert all audio to Dolby Digital stereo or 5.1? I have a Sonos Playbase and just bought a Panasonic UB820 which will not convert audio to Dolby for me. Unfortunately Sonos can not play DTS encodes at all and can only handle PCM in stereo. Or if this is not possible can you force the linker to Pass 5.1 Dolby signals and 2.0 PCM rather then applying a 2.0 PCM to 5.1 PCM conversion? Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by OrcusVaruna; 10-13-2018 at 08:31 AM.
post #960 of 1262 Old 10-12-2018, 09:05 PM

Quote:
to flash firmware on Linker, refer to usermanual p.15

To check GoBlue firmware, I think you can try the following:

Download iOS or Android APP for VERTEX and try to connect, I think it will report GoBlue firmware version automatically if I recall well. that's the easier way, to update GoBlue firmware, refer to GoBlue product page, it's explained. (there is a video too)
Thanks for all your help-I think I have narrowed the problem down to my AVR. I reset the AT4K and I was able to send 4K signals to my 1080p tv. I also got Atmos audio to show as an option on the AT4K, on both Netflix shows and ITunes movies. No sound would play through my receiver unless I changed the sound option on the AT4K to Dolby digital 5.1 instead if Atmos. The problem could be the Linker or the AVR as you said, so I hooked the AT4K directly to the AVR. No UHD video now, but ITunes movies play Atmos in HD, and when I played the HD version of The Martian, which has Atmos audio, no sound. So it must be the AVR, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Video Processors

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page