HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 103Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #961 of 1286 Old 10-15-2018, 10:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrcusVaruna View Post
@HDfury is there anyway to force the linker to convert all audio to Dolby Digital stereo or 5.1? I have a Sonos Playbase and just bought a Panasonic UB820 which will not convert audio to Dolby for me. Unfortunately Sonos can not play DTS encodes at all and can only handle PCM in stereo. Or if this is not possible can you force the linker to Pass 5.1 Dolby signals and 2.0 PCM rather then applying a 2.0 PCM to 5.1 PCM conversion? Thank you


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We do not convert any AUDIO, only VIDEO.
We do not have the expensive dolby license to convert Audio as they are not interested in small players and have prohibitive pricing to keep small player like us out of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
Thanks for all your help-I think I have narrowed the problem down to my AVR. I reset the AT4K and I was able to send 4K signals to my 1080p tv. I also got Atmos audio to show as an option on the AT4K, on both Netflix shows and ITunes movies. No sound would play through my receiver unless I changed the sound option on the AT4K to Dolby digital 5.1 instead if Atmos. The problem could be the Linker or the AVR as you said, so I hooked the AT4K directly to the AVR. No UHD video now, but ITunes movies play Atmos in HD, and when I played the HD version of The Martian, which has Atmos audio, no sound. So it must be the AVR, right?

Linker doesn't support the new method used and introduced on ATV4K latest firmware to transmit ATMOS, which is called Dolby MAT, before they were using True HD bitstream to send ATMOS and this is supported and worked fine till this latest update.


If I got your post right, you had ATMOS playing from ITunes but not from Netflix correct ?
Those results are a bit contradictory and would indicate that when in itunes, ATMOS is still send thru True HD/bitstream and only send thru Dolby MAT/PCM when from Netflix, not sure if someone can confirm on that...


You should check with AVR manufacturer if it supports Dolby MAT (they should very much be aware of this issue since ATV4K latest update)
And you should go complain to ATV4K and request an output selection for Atmos (either Dolby MAT/PC or TrueHD/bitstream)


What Apple did with this latest firmware is creating lot of issues for a lot of people as perfectly working setup for Atmos are now failing cause of that.
But things won't change if no one complain and notify them about it.




So to summarize:


To support current ATV4K firmware using Dolby MAT for ATMOS, you need Integral2 or Vertex and you need to make sure your AVR also support Dolby MAT.
if using previous ATV4K firmware using True HD bitstream for ATMOS, then Linker will work fine and mostly any AVR as well.
if using any next upcoming ATV4K firmware, you can just hope that they improve or correct this situation by adding an output mode selection for Atmos format (either Dolby MAT/PCM or True HD/Bitstream) > but they won't do it if no one told them about the problem. I do believe they have been notified a lot already, but in such case, the more people do it, the more chance you all have.
OrcusVaruna likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 1286 Old 10-15-2018, 01:18 PM
Member
 
alfa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 61
[If I got your post right, you had ATMOS playing from ITunes but not from Netflix correct ?
Those results are a bit contradictory and would indicate that when in itunes, ATMOS is still send thru True HD/bitstream and only send thru Dolby MAT/PCM when from Netflix, not sure if someone can confirm on that...]

No, sorry if I was confusing- I can not get Atmos to play from either iTunes or Netflix. What I was saying is that if I connect my ATV4k directly to my AVR, the ATV4k only outputs in 1080p because my AVR and display are 1080p. Since iTunes offers Atmos audio on the 1080p version of their movies, I should have gotten Atmos sound out of my receiver when playing "The Martian" if my receiver could decode it, but I couldn't get any sound unless I changed the output on the ATV4K to Dolby Digital, Thus, I concluded that my AVR is not capable of decoding Atmos from the ATV4k - I guess you are saying the Linker also can't pass it either, right?
alfa1 is offline  
post #963 of 1286 Old 10-16-2018, 07:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa1 View Post
[If I got your post right, you had ATMOS playing from ITunes but not from Netflix correct ?
Those results are a bit contradictory and would indicate that when in itunes, ATMOS is still send thru True HD/bitstream and only send thru Dolby MAT/PCM when from Netflix, not sure if someone can confirm on that...]

No, sorry if I was confusing- I can not get Atmos to play from either iTunes or Netflix. What I was saying is that if I connect my ATV4k directly to my AVR, the ATV4k only outputs in 1080p because my AVR and display are 1080p. Since iTunes offers Atmos audio on the 1080p version of their movies, I should have gotten Atmos sound out of my receiver when playing "The Martian" if my receiver could decode it, but I couldn't get any sound unless I changed the output on the ATV4K to Dolby Digital, Thus, I concluded that my AVR is not capable of decoding Atmos from the ATV4k - I guess you are saying the Linker also can't pass it either, right?

Ok got you now !


Yes, Linker can't pass Dolby MAT and since you confirmed via your test that your AVR cannot pass it neither, even upgrading to Integral2 or Vertex would not help in your case.
What you need is that Apple revert back to TrueHD bitstream for Atmos transmission and for this, I would check their forum or support and make sure you complain to them, I do believe if enough complain to them, they might offer an atmos output format selector in menu in a next FW.
OrcusVaruna likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #964 of 1286 Old 10-16-2018, 07:54 AM
Member
 
alfa1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 125
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok got you now !


Yes, Linker can't pass Dolby MAT and since you confirmed via your test that your AVR cannot pass it neither, even upgrading to Integral2 or Vertex would not help in your case.
What you need is that Apple revert back to TrueHD bitstream for Atmos transmission and for this, I would check their forum or support and make sure you complain to them, I do believe if enough complain to them, they might offer an atmos output format selector in menu in a next FW.
Yes, maybe Apple will offer an update to the ATV4K in the future, but for now I am returning it since my Roku works perfectly with the Linker sending 4K video from Vudu, Netflix, Amazon, Youtube, etc., and sending Atmos audio from the Vudu and Amazon apps - the only reason I got the ATV4K was to get Atmos audio from Netflix. I may try the Xbox One s, which also sends Atmos audio on its Netflix App. I just wish Netflix would update their Roku app to send Atmos audio, then I would only need one device! Thanks again for your help!
alfa1 is offline  
post #965 of 1286 Old 10-17-2018, 10:29 AM
Newbie
 
mbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So, I've been poking around with the raw USB interface for the HDFury Linker and have managed to make most features work on linux.

I need to point out that my main reason for doing this is to enable support for using a raspberry pi to control the linker and extract information about the current HDMI signal. My main use-case for this is to automatically set the optimal settings on my projector (an Epson 6040ub) based on the incoming signal - so for HDR I have a specific image setting and regular blurays have a different setting. Arguably I could also get this information from the source material (if playing back from plex/kodi), but it wouldn't help much with content from Netflix for instance. But other uses can be to automatically set Linker settings based on the source device.

I want to publish the source code for this, but I first want to make sure HDFury is fine with this - but honestly I think this is something HDFury should have done themselves a long time ago.
mbeat is offline  
post #966 of 1286 Old 10-17-2018, 12:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeat View Post
So, I've been poking around with the raw USB interface for the HDFury Linker and have managed to make most features work on linux.

I need to point out that my main reason for doing this is to enable support for using a raspberry pi to control the linker and extract information about the current HDMI signal. My main use-case for this is to automatically set the optimal settings on my projector (an Epson 6040ub) based on the incoming signal - so for HDR I have a specific image setting and regular blurays have a different setting. Arguably I could also get this information from the source material (if playing back from plex/kodi), but it wouldn't help much with content from Netflix for instance. But other uses can be to automatically set Linker settings based on the source device.

I want to publish the source code for this, but I first want to make sure HDFury is fine with this - but honestly I think this is something HDFury should have done themselves a long time ago.
Wow, that is something ! Of course it's fine with us, we want such power users, so its more than welcome !
Instead of spending time working around Silabs drivers limitations, we worked toward a webserver interface which is universal and will work on any platform, Linux, mac, win but also any mobile or tv based os, etc..
Similar features might popup for Linker thru GoWifi adapter.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #967 of 1286 Old 10-18-2018, 10:15 AM
Newbie
 
mbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Wow, that is something ! Of course it's fine with us, we want such power users, so its more than welcome !
Instead of spending time working around Silabs drivers limitations, we worked toward a webserver interface which is universal and will work on any platform, Linux, mac, win but also any mobile or tv based os, etc..
Similar features might popup for Linker thru GoWifi adapter.
Pushed out the initial source code here:
github.com/mariusbjorge/hdfurylinker
(not allowed to post links due to less than 5 posts)

Hope someone else can make use of it as well. But, it would be great to know a bit more about the various magic internal values
mbeat is offline  
post #968 of 1286 Old 10-19-2018, 07:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeat View Post
Pushed out the initial source code here:
github.com/mariusbjorge/hdfurylinker
(not allowed to post links due to less than 5 posts)

Hope someone else can make use of it as well. But, it would be great to know a bit more about the various magic internal values
Thanx we will check it and bring you some details, are you interested in doing this for Vertex as well ? and get free Vertex in exchange ?

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #969 of 1286 Old 10-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Newbie
 
mbeat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Thanx we will check it and bring you some details, are you interested in doing this for Vertex as well ? and get free Vertex in exchange ?
Thanks, that would be great!

Yeah absolutely, I would be more than happy to do it for a free Vertex
mbeat is offline  
post #970 of 1286 Old 10-19-2018, 02:54 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middel east, LEBANON
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 242
hi guys, just a beginner question cause i m knew to HDFURY devices.

Is this device all i need to just force HDR from my sources to my non native HDR projector?

if that is all i m looking for would the linker make better sense than the vertex?

thanks for your help.

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
tnaik4 is offline  
post #971 of 1286 Old 10-19-2018, 07:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbeat View Post
Thanks, that would be great!

Yeah absolutely, I would be more than happy to do it for a free Vertex

Please send email from the website so we can get in touch ! thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaik4 View Post
hi guys, just a beginner question cause i m knew to HDFURY devices.

Is this device all i need to just force HDR from my sources to my non native HDR projector?

if that is all i m looking for would the linker make better sense than the vertex?

thanks for your help.

You can force HDR to a non native HDR projector, but what's the point ? picture will be unwatchable


If you meant, 4K HDR > 4K SDR BT2020, then only Lumagen Radiance Pro (+4000$) or Oppo 203 (+1000$) can do it.
If your PJ is 1080p SDR, then you can use LINKER > HDFURY X4 or VERTEX/INTEGRAL2 > HDFURY X4 for 4K HDR > 1080p SDR

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.

Last edited by HDfury; 10-19-2018 at 08:03 PM.
HDfury is online now  
post #972 of 1286 Old 10-19-2018, 10:40 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middel east, LEBANON
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please send email from the website so we can get in touch ! thx




You can force HDR to a non native HDR projector, but what's the point ? picture will be unwatchable


If you meant, 4K HDR > 4K SDR BT2020, then only Lumagen Radiance Pro (+4000$) or Oppo 203 (+1000$) can do it.
If your PJ is 1080p SDR, then you can use LINKER > HDFURY X4 or VERTEX/INTEGRAL2 > HDFURY X4 for 4K HDR > 1080p SDR
The projector i m talking about is Benq LK970 which is 4k but not native HDR and it has specific settings to use when feeding it HDR and it ll look amazing, i can force HDR easily from a PC but i m trying to find a way to force it from other sources.

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
tnaik4 is offline  
post #973 of 1286 Old 10-22-2018, 07:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaik4 View Post
The projector i m talking about is Benq LK970 which is 4k but not native HDR and it has specific settings to use when feeding it HDR and it ll look amazing, i can force HDR easily from a PC but i m trying to find a way to force it from other sources.
Ok, please post a link to your PJ usermanual so I can check its specs, maximum signal resolution supported.


Because if it supports 600MHz/18Gbps, then all what you need is an EDID manager, such as Dr.HDMI 4K to preset HDR capabilities to your source.


Now, if the PJ doesn't support 600MHz/18Gbps, you will then need a scaler like Linker, Vertex or Integral2 to accept HDR 4K for any sources and output a format supported by the PJ.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #974 of 1286 Old 10-26-2018, 04:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Location: Middel east, LEBANON
Posts: 476
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ok, please post a link to your PJ usermanual so I can check its specs, maximum signal resolution supported.


Because if it supports 600MHz/18Gbps, then all what you need is an EDID manager, such as Dr.HDMI 4K to preset HDR capabilities to your source.


Now, if the PJ doesn't support 600MHz/18Gbps, you will then need a scaler like Linker, Vertex or Integral2 to accept HDR 4K for any sources and output a format supported by the PJ.
https://www.benq.com/en-us/support/d...70/manual.html

this projector supports 18gbps/600mhz , its just that it is not native HDR, i m interested to find a way to force HDR from the source (ps4 pro) to the projector and then manipulate some settings to make it look great.

that is all i m looking for and dont need any scaler or other features, just a way to force hdr to it.

ur feedback is really appreciated HDfury .

JVC DLA X590/RS440
BenQ LK970
tnaik4 is offline  
post #975 of 1286 Old 10-29-2018, 07:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnaik4 View Post
https://www.benq.com/en-us/support/d...70/manual.html

this projector supports 18gbps/600mhz , its just that it is not native HDR, i m interested to find a way to force HDR from the source (ps4 pro) to the projector and then manipulate some settings to make it look great.

that is all i m looking for and dont need any scaler or other features, just a way to force hdr to it.

ur feedback is really appreciated HDfury .
You said you can force HDR from PC and with few settings it looks great, if that's the case, then you can do the same with any others 4K sources using just EDID manager that present 4K HDR capable EDID to your sources (such as your PS4)
so you can get Dr.HDMI 4K for that.


However, normally this is not the right way, normally you should do this :


1) Use a source capable of sending BT2020 SDR for non HDR display, such as Pana UB player, OPPO, etc...
or
2) Use 4K HDR > SDR converter such as LRP (5000-7000$) or OPPO203(1000$), so 4K HDR source (PS4PRO for ex) > HDR>SDR converter > Projector.


Linker, Vertex, Integral2, etc... can all act as EDID manager, but if you need only EDID management, then Dr.HDMI 4K will be cheaper.


We also have HDR > SDR converter but not for 4K, only for 1080p (at 279$)
tnaik4 likes this.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #976 of 1286 Old 10-31-2018, 04:45 PM
Member
 
kaldek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Ynormally you should do this :

1) Use a source capable of sending BT2020 SDR for non HDR display, such as Pana UB player, OPPO, etc...
The problem he has (as I do with a BenQ X12000/HT9050) is that the sink will not allow a Pana UB player to send BT.2020 SDR as its EDID only supports Rec.709. The Panasonic UB420 in particular has no *force* BT.2020 option, just an in-built HDR->SDR conversion and automatic selection of 10 or 12 bit. It won't force BT.2020.

Last edited by kaldek; 10-31-2018 at 04:59 PM.
kaldek is offline  
post #977 of 1286 Old 10-31-2018, 04:51 PM
Member
 
kaldek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 55
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 13
New Linker user here. My projector is a BenQ X12000 SDR 4K projector that has an internal DCI-P3 colour space but only accepts Rec.709.

I'd like to be able to send BT.2020 SDR for the wider colour space and then calibrate the projector to match.

Which of the custom EDIDs should I use to enable:
  • SDR Only
  • BT.2020 colour space
  • 4K30 4:2:2 12-bit
  • 4K30 4:44 8/10/12 bit
  • 4K60 4:2:0 10-bit
  • 4K60 4:2:0 12-bit
  • 4K60 4:2:2 12 bit
  • 4K60 4:4:4 8-bit
kaldek is offline  
post #978 of 1286 Old 11-01-2018, 05:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldek View Post
The problem he has (as I do with a BenQ X12000/HT9050) is that the sink will not allow a Pana UB player to send BT.2020 SDR as its EDID only supports Rec.709. The Panasonic UB420 in particular has no *force* BT.2020 option, just an in-built HDR->SDR conversion and automatic selection of 10 or 12 bit. It won't force BT.2020.

Yes this is why I said an EDID manager is enough for that, so using Dr.HDMI 4K is enough to get this from any capable source.
Now if the source is not capable of sending our SDR BT2020, then the only solution is LRP or OPPO203 for 4K HDR > SDR, or HDfury X4 for 1080p HDR > SDR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaldek View Post
New Linker user here. My projector is a BenQ X12000 SDR 4K projector that has an internal DCI-P3 colour space but only accepts Rec.709.

I'd like to be able to send BT.2020 SDR for the wider colour space and then calibrate the projector to match.

Which of the custom EDIDs should I use to enable:
  • SDR Only
  • BT.2020 colour space
  • 4K30 4:2:2 12-bit
  • 4K30 4:44 8/10/12 bit
  • 4K60 4:2:0 10-bit
  • 4K60 4:2:0 12-bit
  • 4K60 4:2:2 12 bit
  • 4K60 4:4:4 8-bit

Grab HDfury EDID collection and look for Vertex EDID 12, Load is as custom and you are done.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #979 of 1286 Old 11-09-2018, 02:44 AM
Member
 
mikxa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
.
Hello
My installation is nvidia RTX 2080 -> Linker -> benq LK970
I always getting the bandwidth limit 300 MHz s and always the hdcp mode is INPUT ENCRYPTION none,
In all modes custom edid and modes sink. (foto in attachment)
I getting black screen if I change the screen resolution or turn off HDR or turn on game or video, but not always.
When I get a black screen, I have to switch in mode fixed edid and then in custom edid.
Sometimes it doesn't help, need reset pc and linker with mode fixed edid after load windows 10 i again switch linker back in custom edid.

With my old ATI r9 290 there were no such problems, but it only has HDMI 1.4.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	2479946   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	226.0 KB
ID:	2479948   Click image for larger version

Name:	4k hdr 2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	185.8 KB
ID:	2479950  

Last edited by mikxa; 11-09-2018 at 02:52 AM.
mikxa is offline  
post #980 of 1286 Old 11-09-2018, 06:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikxa View Post
Hello
My installation is nvidia RTX 2080 -> Linker -> benq LK970
I always getting the bandwidth limit 300 MHz s and always the hdcp mode is INPUT ENCRYPTION none,
In all modes custom edid and modes sink. (foto in attachment)
I getting black screen if I change the screen resolution or turn off HDR or turn on game or video, but not always.
When I get a black screen, I have to switch in mode fixed edid and then in custom edid.
Sometimes it doesn't help, need reset pc and linker with mode fixed edid after load windows 10 i again switch linker back in custom edid.

With my old ATI r9 290 there were no such problems, but it only has HDMI 1.4.
If you get bandwidth limit, it's may be because your BenQ is max 300MHz/10.2Gbps no ? if you are not sure, post link to BenQ LK970 in PDF format and i'll check it.
If the source is a PC, there is no encryption until you play encrypted content, so I don't see any problem here, play encrypted content and you will have encryption level displayed.
Please confirm cable length at Linker input and output and confirm how you are powering the unit.

You are more likely getting black screen when you change resolution because your scaling settings might be wrong, the first thing you need to know to determine how to set the unit is your display max resolution, so if you know it, tell us, if you don't know it, post the usermanual link in PDF and i'll check it.

I think you didn't have any problem with previous card because previous card could NOT exceed your display MAX, so it's all only setting issue, post details as asked and i'll tell you how to set it up.






fix GUI display in WIN10
-------------------------------


Make sure the GUI isn't already running, then right click the GUI exe file (the regular one, there's no need to do this with the 200dpi version)
Select "Properties"
Click the "Compatibility" tab.
Look down for "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and check the box.
For the drop-down under "Scaling Performed by" choose "System - Enhanced"
Start the GUI and revel in how it works normally now.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #981 of 1286 Old 11-09-2018, 09:22 PM
Member
 
mikxa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
If you get bandwidth limit, it's may be because your BenQ is max 300MHz/10.2Gbps no ? if you are not sure, post link to BenQ LK970 in PDF format and i'll check it.
If the source is a PC, there is no encryption until you play encrypted content, so I don't see any problem here, play encrypted content and you will have encryption level displayed.
Please confirm cable length at Linker input and output and confirm how you are powering the unit.

You are more likely getting black screen when you change resolution because your scaling settings might be wrong, the first thing you need to know to determine how to set the unit is your display max resolution, so if you know it, tell us, if you don't know it, post the usermanual link in PDF and i'll check it.

I think you didn't have any problem with previous card because previous card could NOT exceed your display MAX, so it's all only setting issue, post details as asked and i'll tell you how to set it up.

Thank for answer, i didn't know, i thought encrypted work always.
Yes of course my projector support 3840x2160 60Hz, lk970 is same as benq x12000 or HT9050 only is new laser model.
I have no problem if i connect direct rtx2080 -> lk970.

User manual https://www.benq.eu/en-eu/support/do...70/manual.html
Edid benq bin https://yadi.sk/d/wcW4ap4RJCCxYA


I use hdmi 1m rtx2080 ->linker and hdmi 1.5m linker ->lk970. I tried different cable hdmi.
I use mode ignore limit edid and it work, then i can set 60Hz and text look clear, it means projector accept full rgb signal 3840x2160 60Hz. But i constantly getting black screen.

Last edited by mikxa; 11-09-2018 at 09:51 PM.
mikxa is offline  
post #982 of 1286 Old 11-10-2018, 05:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikxa View Post
Thank for answer, i didn't know, i thought encrypted work always.
Yes of course my projector support 3840x2160 60Hz, lk970 is same as benq x12000 or HT9050 only is new laser model.
I have no problem if i connect direct rtx2080 -> lk970.

User manual https://www.benq.eu/en-eu/support/do...70/manual.html
Edid benq bin https://yadi.sk/d/wcW4ap4RJCCxYA


I use hdmi 1m rtx2080 ->linker and hdmi 1.5m linker ->lk970. I tried different cable hdmi.
I use mode ignore limit edid and it work, then i can set 60Hz and text look clear, it means projector accept full rgb signal 3840x2160 60Hz. But i constantly getting black screen.
How are you powering Linker ?
Did you try both your cable for PC > BenQ directly ? (your issue sounds like, one of these cables is not good enough)
What signal is your PC reporting when you connect directly ? 4K60 4:2:0 8b or 4K60 4:4:4 8b ?
Do you have Linker connected to HDMI 2.0 port on the BenQ ?
What is the purpose of using Linker if PC > display works fine ?


You can try FW 0.23 to see if it changes anything.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #983 of 1286 Old 11-11-2018, 02:03 AM
Member
 
mikxa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
How are you powering Linker ?
Did you try both your cable for PC > BenQ directly ? (your issue sounds like, one of these cables is not good enough)
What signal is your PC reporting when you connect directly ? 4K60 4:2:0 8b or 4K60 4:4:4 8b ?
Do you have Linker connected to HDMI 2.0 port on the BenQ ?
What is the purpose of using Linker if PC > display works fine ?


You can try FW 0.23 to see if it changes anything.

I bought new two cable hdmi 2.0. Yes i tried use both cable directly and i can set any resolution as 3840x2160 60 hz full rgb or YCBCR 4:4:4 8 bit or 4:2:0 12 bit.
I need on projector get resolution 3840x2160 60 Hz HDR.

I tried connect power linker to usb port and i tried connect to power supply linker. Result is same.
Yes of course i connect to HDMI 2.0 on projector.
I succeeded reach pixel clock to 445 MHz without activate ignore edid limited. I switched slide to middle position, choise sink edid and preset 10, nvidia set 3840x2160 YCBCR 4:2:0 12 bit. (see foto)
I agree with you, all this seems as problem with cable. Today i will buy new cable Monster Black Platinum Ultimate 27 Gbps and will tried FW 0.23
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sink edid.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	2480930  
mikxa is offline  
post #984 of 1286 Old 11-11-2018, 08:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikxa View Post
I bought new two cable hdmi 2.0. Yes i tried use both cable directly and i can set any resolution as 3840x2160 60 hz full rgb or YCBCR 4:4:4 8 bit or 4:2:0 12 bit.
I need on projector get resolution 3840x2160 60 Hz HDR.

I tried connect power linker to usb port and i tried connect to power supply linker. Result is same.
Yes of course i connect to HDMI 2.0 on projector.
I succeeded reach pixel clock to 445 MHz without activate ignore edid limited. I switched slide to middle position, choise sink edid and preset 10, nvidia set 3840x2160 YCBCR 4:2:0 12 bit. (see foto)
I agree with you, all this seems as problem with cable. Today i will buy new cable Monster Black Platinum Ultimate 27 Gbps and will tried FW 0.23
You don't need to buy expensive cable, use Kabledirect is good enough, price doesn't help much for cable issue, it's a matter of testing, not marketing BS.


For your GUI, if you are on win10, please do that:


Make sure the GUI isn't already running, then right click the GUI exe file (the regular one, there's no need to do this with the 200dpi version)
Select "Properties"
Click the "Compatibility" tab.
Look down for "Override high DPI scaling behavior" and check the box.
For the drop-down under "Scaling Performed by" choose "System - Enhanced"
Start the GUI and revel in how it works normally now.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #985 of 1286 Old 11-13-2018, 02:13 PM
Member
 
jimmius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
hello i am waiting my hd fury linker in the next day or two. I want to use it with my viewsonic px727 projector which has rec709 and hdr support and my ps4 pro which it seems that it can only send 10bit hdr which the projector's hdmi can not accept properly since colors appear faded and washed out when i enable hdr on the ps4.

i also have a denon x2400 avr. my current set up is ps4 pro --> denon x2400 ----> projector

could you please suggest the best set up order and settings.

thanks in advance
jimmius is offline  
post #986 of 1286 Old 11-14-2018, 01:32 AM
Member
 
mikxa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
You don't need to buy expensive cable, use Kabledirect is good enough, price doesn't help much for cable issue, it's a matter of testing, not marketing BS.

All my attempts failed, I get a edid limited even if I use my native benq edid wihout HDR.
mikxa is offline  
post #987 of 1286 Old 11-15-2018, 03:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmius View Post
hello i am waiting my hd fury linker in the next day or two. I want to use it with my viewsonic px727 projector which has rec709 and hdr support and my ps4 pro which it seems that it can only send 10bit hdr which the projector's hdmi can not accept properly since colors appear faded and washed out when i enable hdr on the ps4.

i also have a denon x2400 avr. my current set up is ps4 pro --> denon x2400 ----> projector

could you please suggest the best set up order and settings.

thanks in advance
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikxa View Post
All my attempts failed, I get a edid limited even if I use my native benq edid wihout HDR.

Please confirm cable length between equipment.


If you send HDR from PS4 and you have a SDR display, then you also need a HDR > SDR converter otherwise you will have washed colors (red tinted)
If PJ is HDR, then may be its nits value you want to alter, please confirm.


Please send link to your display usermanual in PDF format.
Also try to send GUI screenshot of your settings when you are trying.

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #988 of 1286 Old 11-15-2018, 12:28 PM
Member
 
jimmius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
Please confirm cable length between equipment.


If you send HDR from PS4 and you have a SDR display, then you also need a HDR > SDR converter otherwise you will have washed colors (red tinted)
If PJ is HDR, then may be its nits value you want to alter, please confirm.


Please send link to your display usermanual in PDF format.
Also try to send GUI screenshot of your settings when you are trying.
i think what i need is to convert the 10bit hdr to 8 bit hdr. what are the settings to do that ?
jimmius is offline  
post #989 of 1286 Old 11-16-2018, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
HDfury's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5,021
Mentioned: 585 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4386 Post(s)
Liked: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmius View Post
i think what i need is to convert the 10bit hdr to 8 bit hdr. what are the settings to do that ?
No, what you first need is to know your display max res, do you know it ? if no, please answer my questions and then i'll tell you how to set it up


Basically all you have to do is setup the quick preset for your display and for this you need to know what your display max res is. (Vertex or Integral2 does that automatically, not Linker)

Maestro: 4I/4O +4K HDR over HDBT +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver. [Won Best Product Award]
Diva: 4I/3O +Ambient Light +Lag Tester +4K HDR > 1080p SDR +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +autoswitch +webserver.
Vertex2: 4I/3O +Autoswitch any sources +HDMI/ARC/eARC sound to AVR input +webserver.
HDfury is online now  
post #990 of 1286 Old 11-16-2018, 07:16 AM
Member
 
jimmius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
No, what you first need is to know your display max res, do you know it ? if no, please answer my questions and then i'll tell you how to set it up


Basically all you have to do is setup the quick preset for your display and for this you need to know what your display max res is. (Vertex or Integral2 does that automatically, not Linker)
my projector is the viewsonic px727 .

RESOLUTION
3840 x 2160
COLOR DEPTH
1.07B Color (R/G/B 10bit)
HDR support
BRIGHTNESS (LUMENS)
2,200 ANSI
jimmius is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Video Processors

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off