HDFURY Linker owners thread - Page 36 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 101Likes

post #1051 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 04:36 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
@drdoom2k your setup is mostly the same as mine as i read on this and the DreamScreen forum AND you and others got it working with HDFury Linker, so thats why i'm asking here.

I'm trying to figure out if the HDFury Linker would solve my issues aswell with Xbox One X -> Denon AVR-X2300W -> DreamSceen 4K -> LG OLED55C8.

Currently my screen goes black as soon as i connect the DreamScreen behind the receiver. (HDMI 1 Out -> DreamScreen -> LG OLED55C8. Or even on the HDMI 2 Out separately.) If i hang it before the receiver (Xbox One X -> DreamSceen 4K -> Denon AVR-X2300W) it works, but then my other devices don't work with DreamScreen offcourse.

I'm wondering if the HDFury Linker would be my salvation or that i need the HDFury Integral 2 behind receiver and split the signal 1 to TV and 1 to DreamScreen or that it would be just my Denon that is causing all these issues.

Hope you @drdoom2k or @HDfury would have some advice.

Kind regards and thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1052 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 06:55 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 549 Post(s)
Quoted: 4170 Post(s)
Liked: 1147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks07 View Post
It is sound ahead of video. I believe the AVR has a delay setting but haven't checked. It is a Denon 6200 AVR and a JVC RS400 projector. Thanks.

if AVR have delay setting, please use it since it was made to solve such issue

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
post #1053 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 07:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00n22 View Post
@drdoom2k your setup is mostly the same as mine as i read on this and the DreamScreen forum AND you and others got it working with HDFury Linker, so thats why i'm asking here.

I'm trying to figure out if the HDFury Linker would solve my issues aswell with Xbox One X -> Denon AVR-X2300W -> DreamSceen 4K -> LG OLED55C8.

Currently my screen goes black as soon as i connect the DreamScreen behind the receiver. (HDMI 1 Out -> DreamScreen -> LG OLED55C8. Or even on the HDMI 2 Out separately.) If i hang it before the receiver (Xbox One X -> DreamSceen 4K -> Denon AVR-X2300W) it works, but then my other devices don't work with DreamScreen offcourse.

I'm wondering if the HDFury Linker would be my salvation or that i need the HDFury Integral 2 behind receiver and split the signal 1 to TV and 1 to DreamScreen or that it would be just my Denon that is causing all these issues.

Hope you @drdoom2k or @HDfury would have some advice.

Kind regards and thanks in advance.

I cannot remember all devices specs unfortunately, if memory serves dreamscreen, is 10.2Gbps HDCP1.4 right ? if so some content won't be available for it when placed after AVR. if it fails for any content, then it's something else.
But yes for sure, any of our devices can fix the issue.

If you play games and input lag is important, then I would not set it like you described, I would set X1X > INTEGRAL2 or VERTEX > one output downscaled to AVR/Dream screen and other output straight to TV.
If you don't play games and input lag not important, then yes, you can use just one chain.

Knowing the dreamscreen exact specs is important here because if it's inferior to your TV and if your AVR cannot split 2 outputs at 18Gbps, then you will limit the picture quality seriously in your setup by using Linker vs Vertex/Integral2.
m00n22 likes this.

Use Automix/SINK mode for DV support on AVR-Key/Integral. Linker does NOT support all DV.
Want to get DD+ and ATMOS sound from TV streaming Apps back to an AVR via HDMI since it fails via ARC or S/PDIF?
Show interest by posting your TV and AVR brand/model. We might select you in the future for some beta test.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1054 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDfury View Post
I cannot remember all devices specs unfortunately, if memory serves dreamscreen, is 10.2Gbps HDCP1.4 right ? if so some content won't be available for it when placed after AVR. if it fails for any content, then it's something else.
But yes for sure, any of our devices can fix the issue.

If you play games and input lag is important, then I would not set it like you described, I would set X1X > INTEGRAL2 or VERTEX > one output downscaled to AVR/Dream screen and other output straight to TV.
If you don't play games and input lag not important, then yes, you can use just one chain.

Knowing the dreamscreen exact specs is important here because if it's inferior to your TV and if your AVR cannot split 2 outputs at 18Gbps, then you will limit the picture quality seriously in your setup by using Linker vs Vertex/Integral2.
Thanks for the quick reply.

From the DreamScreen 4K website:
  • Supports Ultra High Definition (3,840 x 2,160 pixels)
  • Compatible with HDMI 2.0b + HDCP 2.2
  • Resolutions supported: 2160p, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720i 60Hz, 50Hz and 24Hz
  • ARC Passthrough
  • CEC Passthrough & Auto-Switching

Also the Denon AVR-X2300W:
  • 4K/60 Hz full-rate pass-through, 4:4:4 color resolution, HDR and BT.2020
  • Compatible with HDCP2.2

Important thing is that in the ideal situation I place the DreamScreen 4k behind the receiver so the signal from all connected devices go through receiver and the DreamScreen so Ambilight works on all sources. This is also the reason why I was searching for: XBOX ONE X <-> Denon AVR-X2300W / HDMI 1 OUT <-> LG OLED55C8 & / Denon AVR-X2300W HDMI 2 OUT <-> HD FURY DEVICE <-> DreamScreen 4K.

Current situation: XBOX ONE X <-> DreamScreen 4K <-> Denon AVR-X2300W <-> LG OLED55C8 works completely even HDR content, just no ATMOS but that is an known issue from DreamScreen (other reason to place it behind the receiver instead of in front).

Also placing it behind on the second HDMI out, do I then also need to worrie about input lag?

Gonna check tonight if I connect the 2nd HMDI OUT from the Denon AVR-X2300W to LG OLED55C8, if the signal is also still UHD / BT.2020 or that it gets downscaled.

Again, thanks for the quick reply.
post #1055 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:

• ARC Passthrough

Important thing is that in the ideal situation I place the DreamScreen 4k behind the receiver so the signal from all connected devices go through receiver and the DreamScreen so Ambilight works on all sources. This is also the reason why I was searching for: XBOX ONE X <-> Denon AVR-X2300W / HDMI 1 OUT <-> LG OLED55C8 & / Denon AVR-X2300W HDMI 2 OUT <-> HD FURY DEVICE <-> DreamScreen 4K.

Current situation: XBOX ONE X <-> DreamScreen 4K <-> Denon AVR-X2300W <-> LG OLED55C8 works completely even HDR content, just no ATMOS but that is an known issue from DreamScreen (other reason to place it behind the receiver instead of in front).

Also placing it behind on the second HDMI out, do I then also need to worrie about input lag?

Gonna check tonight if I connect the 2nd HMDI OUT from the Denon AVR-X2300W to LG OLED55C8, if the signal is also still UHD / BT.2020 or that it gets downscaled.

[b]Edit[b]
Maybe i'm blind but cannot find the edit button from my previous post :/

I see the Denon AVR-X2300W receiver has HDMI 2.0a. Is this maybe whats causing the issue with the DreamScreen on 4K resolution?

LG OLED55C8
HDFury Vertex & GoBlue (to arrive)
DreamScreen 4K Ambilight
Denon AVR-X2300W
Xbox One X & Humax IRHD-5300C
post #1056 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
GUI > SCALER > ADVANCED SETUP > UP+THRU
COLOR SPACE set to 422
DEEP color set as follow input or 12b
THANK YOU!

This works perfectly.
HDfury likes this.
post #1057 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

• ARC Passthrough

Quote:
[b]Edit[b]
Maybe i'm blind but cannot find the edit button from my previous post :/

I see the Denon AVR-X2300W receiver has HDMI 2.0a. Is this maybe whats causing the issue with the DreamScreen on 4K resolution?

Please send me link to dreamscreen web, usermanual or specs, because HDCP2.2 and HDMI2.0b without ATMOS support makes very little sense. I think they are playing on the words by using "compatible with.." which is not the same thing as native support. any HDMI revision device is indeed compatible with any other HDMI revision.

If you plan to game and especially online competitive game, then input lag should matter to you, if that's the case ,then running signal thru AVR will add noticeable input lag. I'm just doing recommendation/advise here, you do what you want with it, of course.

post #1058 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
if AVR have delay setting, please use it since it was made to solve such issue
Yes, I went ahead and changed the delay setting and it is fine now. Thank you for your help.
post #1059 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 10:56 AM

HDFury,

is the LINKER able to upscale 480p, 720p, to 4K as well?
post #1060 of 1237 Old 01-04-2019, 01:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDTV EAT CASH View Post
HDFury,

is the LINKER able to upscale 480p, 720p, to 4K as well?

No only from/to 1080p<>2160p or 2K <> 4K

For any conversion within HDMI 1.x domain (SD/HD/1080i/FHD), you need HDfury X4 with Scaler firmware, then you can do any conversion between any HDMI res, any PC res, any aspect ratio and even toggle PAL/NTSC ,etc...
so using Linker + X4 you can do things like 480p > 1080p > 2160p or 2160p > 1080p > 1600x1200, etc... infinite possibilities.

post #1061 of 1237 Old 01-05-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Please send me link to dreamscreen web, usermanual or specs, because HDCP2.2 and HDMI2.0b without ATMOS support makes very little sense. I think they are playing on the words by using "compatible with.." which is not the same thing as native support. any HDMI revision device is indeed compatible with any other HDMI revision.

If you plan to game and especially online competitive game, then input lag should matter to you, if that's the case ,then running signal thru AVR will add noticeable input lag. I'm just doing recommendation/advise here, you do what you want with it, of course.
Hi there,

The dreamscreen site is: dreamscreentv.com.

I checked the manual, there is not really a spec list available besides the list I posted.

To be honest there are a lot of issues with the dreamscreen, their forum is full of complaints. And I wonder if the provided spec list is 100% true.

What I find strange is that:

Xbox One X - DreamScreen 4K - Denon AVR x2300W - LG OLED 55C8 : works without issues. Full 4K HDR, no real problems.

As soon as I hang the DreamScreen behind the receiver it causes issues with the Xbox One X. Black screen on OLED and you see that the receiver is receiving signal with constant interruptions.

If I switch from Xbox One input to Humax TV decoder, you see and hear that the receiver tries to establish a connection, after couple yes/no/yes, it works. Resolution 1080i.

On the dreamscreen forums i’ve read that people had positive results with either HD Fury Linker or Vertex between the receiver and DreamScreen.

I’ve also contacted DreamScreen support and they said the following about an upcoming product that would limit the issues they have with DreamScreen working nicely with receivers:

“the DreamScreen solo has all the features of a 4K except it does not have a passthrough. This means is does not have an additional splitter that needs to process the DHCP and cascade it. It is specifically designed to work with receivers that have two outputs.”

Seeing that there is no ETA i’m Currently trying to figure out how to get the DreamScreen 4K working in my current setup.

I do not really worry about input lag seeing i’ve Been gaming like this for years.

Thanks again for the replies.
post #1062 of 1237 Old 01-05-2019, 10:58 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi there,

The dreamscreen site is: dreamscreentv.com.

I checked the manual, there is not really a spec list available besides the list I posted.

To be honest there are a lot of issues with the dreamscreen, their forum is full of complaints. And I wonder if the provided spec list is 100% true.

What I find strange is that:

Xbox One X - DreamScreen 4K - Denon AVR x2300W - LG OLED 55C8 : works without issues. Full 4K HDR, no real problems.

As soon as I hang the DreamScreen behind the receiver it causes issues with the Xbox One X. Black screen on OLED and you see that the receiver is receiving signal with constant interruptions.

If I switch from Xbox One input to Humax TV decoder, you see and hear that the receiver tries to establish a connection, after couple yes/no/yes, it works. Resolution 1080i.

On the dreamscreen forums i’ve read that people had positive results with either HD Fury Linker or Vertex between the receiver and DreamScreen.

I’ve also contacted DreamScreen support and they said the following about an upcoming product that would limit the issues they have with DreamScreen working nicely with receivers:

“the DreamScreen solo has all the features of a 4K except it does not have a passthrough. This means is does not have an additional splitter that needs to process the DHCP and cascade it. It is specifically designed to work with receivers that have two outputs.”

Seeing that there is no ETA i’m Currently trying to figure out how to get the DreamScreen 4K working in my current setup.

I do not really worry about input lag seeing i’ve Been gaming like this for years.

Thanks again for the replies.
Yes, I have personally helped many owner of this kit I just can't remember the exact specs right now but of course our devices will help you to get it working as you want.
According to their website it's HDMI2.0/2.2 and not 2.0a or 2.0b

4K HDR can be a lot of things if it's 4K24 or 4K60 it's a whole different story.
You can log into our support server and make a search for dreamscreen, you will find many dreamscreen owner who got help from us. some just to allow 4K HDR/DV to their TV and another output to their dreamscreen and some with similar initial setup but also HDfury X4 to convert HDR to SDR to dreamscream render correct colors when 4K HDR or LLDV is displayed on main screen.
So all into the other, yes we can help you.

post #1063 of 1237 Old 01-05-2019, 11:18 AM

HDfury, does the Linker have a problem with long HDMI cable runs? When I first put the Linker after my AVR I had no problems but now I am getting video blackouts with audio still playing. I have a 6 foot cable going from AVR to Linker then a 20 foot cable going from Linker to JVC projector.
I even tried putting the Linker after the 20 foot run from the AVR then used a 6 foot cable from Linker to projector and still had the same problems.
Is there a remedy for this possibly? I can put the Linker before my AVR again but don't want to because then I won't get Atmos from Apple TV since the Linker won't pass it properly.
Thanks again for any help.
post #1064 of 1237 Old 01-05-2019, 02:14 PM

@HDfury thanks for your reply. Gonna check how to fix this situation of mine.

Tried tonight again, reconnecting, turning on and off and it worked! Until I turned everything off and on again. So it seems like a handshake issue if the DreamScreen is behind de Denon AVR-X2300W.

Going to check the forums and see if someone had the same issue and how he/she resolved it.

Thanks for the reply!

LG OLED55C8
DreamScreen 4K Ambilight
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #1065 of 1237 Old 01-06-2019, 07:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
HDfury, does the Linker have a problem with long HDMI cable runs? When I first put the Linker after my AVR I had no problems but now I am getting video blackouts with audio still playing. I have a 6 foot cable going from AVR to Linker then a 20 foot cable going from Linker to JVC projector.
I even tried putting the Linker after the 20 foot run from the AVR then used a 6 foot cable from Linker to projector and still had the same problems.
Is there a remedy for this possibly? I can put the Linker before my AVR again but don't want to because then I won't get Atmos from Apple TV since the Linker won't pass it properly.
Thanks again for any help.

Yes you might need a 5.25V 2A power supply if you drive long cable at the output, however, if you have issue with 6ft at output then the 6ft cable can be the problem especially if you are sending 600MHz signal, is it the case ?

Linker does pass Atmos, it just cannot pass Atmos over Dolby MAT which is what ATV4K is using since recent firmware. It broke support for Linker but for many AVR as well, so hopefully/may be Apple will remedy and offer some options for Atmos output.

Quote:
@HDfury thanks for your reply. Gonna check how to fix this situation of mine.

Tried tonight again, reconnecting, turning on and off and it worked! Until I turned everything off and on again. So it seems like a handshake issue if the DreamScreen is behind de Denon AVR-X2300W.

Going to check the forums and see if someone had the same issue and how he/she resolved it.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes if it's handshake issue then it could be solve with Linker/Integral2 or Vertex.
It could be cable issue as well if signal is 600MHz
Hawks07 likes this.

post #1066 of 1237 Old 01-06-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Yes if it's handshake issue then it could be solve with Linker/Integral2 or Vertex.
Thanks HDFury. Got some new cables coming in Tuesday. Hope these will solve my issues. If not, ill need to try to figure out if a Linker/Integral2 or Vertex is right for me.

Thanks again for helping.

LG OLED55C8
DreamScreen 4K Ambilight
Denon AVR-X2300W
post #1067 of 1237 Old 01-07-2019, 05:27 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Hi,

I have bought the HDFury Linker a few days ago and now I have some problems in viewing (german) sky uhd channels.
I have the Sky-UHD-receiver and an Optoma HD141x projector.
With installed HDFury Linker between Sky-receiver and projector, I can't switch the resolution on the receiver to 2160p.
It says that no UHD-device is connected.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

brilliwilli
post #1068 of 1237 Old 01-07-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Yes you might need a 5.25V 2A power supply if you drive long cable at the output, however, if you have issue with 6ft at output then the 6ft cable can be the problem especially if you are sending 600MHz signal, is it the case ?

Linker does pass Atmos, it just cannot pass Atmos over Dolby MAT which is what ATV4K is using since recent firmware. It broke support for Linker but for many AVR as well, so hopefully/may be Apple will remedy and offer some options for Atmos output.

Yes I am sending 600mhz signal. What could be the problem with the 6ft cable? Should I try a smaller one like 3ft? I guess I can try to pick up a 5.25v power supply and see if that helps. Thank you very much for your help.
post #1069 of 1237 Old 01-07-2019, 02:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brilliwilli View Post
Hi,

I have bought the HDFury Linker a few days ago and now I have some problems in viewing (german) sky uhd channels.
I have the Sky-UHD-receiver and an Optoma HD141x projector.
With installed HDFury Linker between Sky-receiver and projector, I can't switch the resolution on the receiver to 2160p.
It says that no UHD-device is connected.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks in advance.

brilliwilli

Just run Windows GUI and take screenshot when signal is going thru then I can tell you what's wrong. Also confirm on cable length at input and output.
One issue would be to not use default custom EDID, if you are in sink mode and HD141 not UHD capable, then you will have such notification from source, absolutely normal.

Quote:
Yes I am sending 600mhz signal. What could be the problem with the 6ft cable? Should I try a smaller one like 3ft? I guess I can try to pick up a 5.25v power supply and see if that helps. Thank you very much for your help.
Confirm source brand/model and display brand/model, the first thing is to establish if you ever had any 600 MHz signal working with those cables, if PJ is not 600MHz, then your cable was never tested for 600MHz,
You can read in AVSforum thread about working cable for 600MHz the nightmare that it is to find good reliable cable for 600MHz, shorter cable can only help if it's of good quality since for 600MHz it's recommended to use min 6ft, max 12ft.

Get Kabledirect cables, they are cheap and usually work well for 600MHz

If long cable is not at output, then 5.25V 2A power supply won't help.

post #1070 of 1237 Old 01-07-2019, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Confirm source brand/model and display brand/model, the first thing is to establish if you ever had any 600 MHz signal working with those cables, if PJ is not 600MHz, then your cable was never tested for 600MHz,
You can read in AVSforum thread about working cable for 600MHz the nightmare that it is to find good reliable cable for 600MHz, shorter cable can only help if it's of good quality since for 600MHz it's recommended to use min 6ft, max 12ft.

Get Kabledirect cables, they are cheap and usually work well for 600MHz

If long cable is not at output, then 5.25V 2A power supply won't help.
The source is Denon 6200 and display is JVC RS400. The cables are Monoprice and were used before with 600mhz with no problems. I can try Kabledirect for shorter output cable and see if that helps.
If I try 5.25v power supply would I still be able to use Goblue with it. Doesn't the Linker need to plug into it for the Goblue to work or is there a different power supply I can use with it?
Thanks again for all your help.
post #1071 of 1237 Old 01-07-2019, 10:21 PM

HDfury,

I have a display 1080p that accepts BT2020 (10 and 12bit) xvYCC input and maps internally but does not support HDR. What is the options in the linker to strip away the HDR info yet pass through the BT2020 & xvYCC info and resolution from the Apple TV 4K 1080p HDR mode?

I tried the profiles that says 1080p 60 BT2020 xvYCC but they look washed out at the moment. So I'm not sure linker mapping the AV info correctly so might need to change it or if it's still passing HDR info. If I can figure out how to get this working correctly I can release a guide on how to do this on the display that will make a lot of people happy and buy Linker products! Right now the ATV4K sends the 1080p HDR info in BT2020 colour range correctly but I need to figure out what settings to use to make sure the picture is not washed out and is sending the right info frame flags.
post #1072 of 1237 Old 01-08-2019, 07:52 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The source is Denon 6200 and display is JVC RS400. The cables are Monoprice and were used before with 600mhz with no problems. I can try Kabledirect for shorter output cable and see if that helps.
If I try 5.25v power supply would I still be able to use Goblue with it. Doesn't the Linker need to plug into it for the Goblue to work or is there a different power supply I can use with it?
Thanks again for all your help.

Actually if you have GoBlue you should remove it and see if it helps (as GoBlue also take some power so when inline you have less power at output), Yes Goblue will work with 5.25V 2A power supply as well.

You said before the cable is 20ft and you are saying it works for 600MHz, then it should be an active cable imo, please post a link to it.

Quote:
HDfury,

I have a display 1080p that accepts BT2020 (10 and 12bit) xvYCC input and maps internally but does not support HDR. What is the options in the linker to strip away the HDR info yet pass through the BT2020 & xvYCC info and resolution from the Apple TV 4K 1080p HDR mode?

I tried the profiles that says 1080p 60 BT2020 xvYCC but they look washed out at the moment. So I'm not sure linker mapping the AV info correctly so might need to change it or if it's still passing HDR info. If I can figure out how to get this working correctly I can release a guide on how to do this on the display that will make a lot of people happy and buy Linker products! Right now the ATV4K sends the 1080p HDR info in BT2020 colour range correctly but I need to figure out what settings to use to make sure the picture is not washed out and is sending the right info frame flags.

You need HDR > SDR converter otherwise it's normal you have washed out color when playing HDR content on SDR display.

There is 3 HDR > SDR converter in the world:

LRP 7000$
OPPO203 1000$
HDfury X4 289$

post #1073 of 1237 Old 01-08-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Actually if you have GoBlue you should remove it and see if it helps (as GoBlue also take some power so when inline you have less power at output), Yes Goblue will work with 5.25V 2A power supply as well.

You said before the cable is 20ft and you are saying it works for 600MHz, then it should be an active cable imo, please post a link to it.
It is just a Monoprice non active cable I am using. I will go ahead and try taking the Goblue out and see if that helps as well. If that doesn't work can you advise on a 5.25v power supply to get. The only ones I see are micro USB direct to power supply cables. Thanks again for the help.
post #1074 of 1237 Old 01-08-2019, 09:24 AM

Quote:
You need HDR > SDR converter otherwise it's normal you have washed out color when playing HDR content on SDR display.

There is 3 HDR > SDR converter in the world:

LRP 7000$
OPPO203 1000$
HDfury X4 289$
Don't the JVC profiles strip away the HDR? In the application options menu it allows you to disable HDR. I want to pass BT2020 to the TV since it accepts it and processes it internally not use rec709.
post #1075 of 1237 Old 01-09-2019, 06:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
It is just a Monoprice non active cable I am using. I will go ahead and try taking the Goblue out and see if that helps as well. If that doesn't work can you advise on a 5.25v power supply to get. The only ones I see are micro USB direct to power supply cables. Thanks again for the help.

If you go on Vertex thread, first post, there is a link for people who have power issue with long cable run, follow that link, and from there, read the next post, you will see some people posting link to some power supply on amazon, ebay, etc...

Quote:
Don't the JVC profiles strip away the HDR? In the application options menu it allows you to disable HDR. I want to pass BT2020 to the TV since it accepts it and processes it internally not use rec709.
I don't know about JVC profiles stripping away HDR, may be you should ask Manni or people who know JVC PJ very well. I guess they wouldn't ask us to disable HDR and order our devices if the PJ could do it on its own, or may be some recent model does.. as I said, it's a question for JVC experts.

You can send HDR content and remove HDR metadata on the fly with our devices, then the PJ get HDR content but won't disable auto iris and allow you to load custom gamma curve to handle HDR content properly.
Or you can use BT2020 SDR edid then the player (when capable) will send BT2020 SDR content and that will be accepted and displayed natively by your PJ.

post #1076 of 1237 Old 01-09-2019, 07:34 AM

Quote:
I don't know about JVC profiles stripping away HDR, may be you should ask Manni or people who know JVC PJ very well. I guess they wouldn't ask us to disable HDR and order our devices if the PJ could do it on its own, or may be some recent model does.. as I said, it's a question for JVC experts.

You can send HDR content and remove HDR metadata on the fly with our devices, then the PJ get HDR content but won't disable auto iris and allow you to load custom gamma curve to handle HDR content properly.
Or you can use BT2020 SDR edid then the player (when capable) will send BT2020 SDR content and that will be accepted and displayed natively by your PJ.
Thanks. So to disable HDR transmission in Linker GUI I tick the Disable HDR checkbox? What is the best BT2020 SDR EDID?

Btw, is the Linker able to capture Dolby Vision Metadata in a stream if it's being sent every new scene etc? I need to capture Metadata from Dolby Vision.

Also, could you give me more information on how the 3x3 Matrix is implemented in HDFury Linker? As much information as possible.

Last edited by HDTV EAT CASH; 01-09-2019 at 11:29 AM.
post #1077 of 1237 Old 01-09-2019, 11:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks. So to disable HDR transmission in Linker GUI I tick the Disable HDR checkbox? What is the best BT2020 SDR EDID?

Btw, is the Linker able to capture Dolby Vision Metadata in a stream if it's being sent every new scene etc? I need to capture Metadata from Dolby Vision.

Also, could you give me more information on how the 3x3 Matrix is implemented in HDFury Linker? As much information as possible.

Yes, to disable HDR metadata from reaching your display which prevent it from going in its HDR mode than prevent auto iris from working and prevent you from using custom Gamma curve, then yes you tick Disable HDR.
If you disable HDR, then there is no need to use a BT2020 SDR EDID, it makes sense to disable HDR only if source is sending HDR, if you use BT2020 SDR EDID source will never send HDR.
EDID are listed from best/highest capabilities to lower one, so the first EDID listed as BT2020 without HDR is the best one.

You cannot capture Dolby Vision metadata in a stream. only HDR metadata.
to capture Dolby Vision metadata in a stream you would need something like LRP (7000$)

Not sure what you mean about 3x3 Matrix implementation, can you elaborate ? Normally if you know what you are doing, you don't need any help to use it and if you don't know then it means you should first read and learn about such function.
It is for advanced users. You can also use search function as it have been discussed in the past, now may be it is gone with a previous Linker thread that was removed by AVS modo.

Basically it convert YCbCr 709 into RGB and correct AVI infoframe automatically for RGB. coef are 16b

Last edited by HDfury; 01-09-2019 at 12:00 PM.
post #1078 of 1237 Old 01-09-2019, 11:54 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi HDFury! I spoke with you recently about my SCIMO lights acting funny with hdlinker. I applied the settings you told me and after some time of testing it definitely is much better however when I having issues with SCIMO with my Virgin TiVo V6 box and casting to my chromecast.

Just a reminder my setup is through my onkyo receiver, 1 hdmi going to TV and sub out hdmi going to hd linker then into a 4k to 1080p analogue converter then to my SCIMO board.

It seems to be when I switch my onkyo input device to my virgin tivo box or my chromecast 1 moment it works then it cuts off to multi colours then after a second or 2 it works again and it just rinse and repeats.

Any ideas? &#x1f914;

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Jamie
post #1079 of 1237 Old 01-09-2019, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Montgomery View Post
Hi HDFury! I spoke with you recently about my SCIMO lights acting funny with hdlinker. I applied the settings you told me and after some time of testing it definitely is much better however when I having issues with SCIMO with my Virgin TiVo V6 box
Just a reminder my setup is through my onkyo receiver, 1 hdmi going to TV and sub out hdmi going to hd linker then into a 4k to 1080p analogue converter then to my SCIMO board.

It seems to be when I switch my onkyo input device to my virgin tivo box 1 moment it works then it cuts off to multi colours then after a second or 2 it works again and it just rinse and repeats. My virgin box is displaying in 4k.

Any ideas? &#x1f914;

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Jamie

Sounds like cable issue between AVR and Linker or AVR and TV (assuming TV is 18Gbps capable), so just test with one cable between AVR and TV (only relevant if TV is 18Gbps) and if it works, use same cable from AVR to Linker and see if it works as well or not.
If problem post GUI screenshot so I can see what comes in/what goes out.
When you are having issue, see if Linker logo is flashing OFF when it cuts or not.

post #1080 of 1237 Old 01-09-2019, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Montgomery View Post
Hi HDFury! I spoke with you recently about my SCIMO lights acting funny with hdlinker. I applied the settings you told me and after some time of testing it definitely is much better however when I having issues with SCIMO with my Virgin TiVo V6 box

It seems to be when I switch my onkyo input device to my virgin tivo box 1 moment it works then it cuts off to multi colours then after a second or 2 it works again and it just rinse and repeats. My virgin box is displaying in 4k.

Any ideas? &#x1f914;

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Jamie

Sounds like cable issue between AVR and Linker or AVR and TV (assuming TV is 18Gbps capable), so just test with one cable between AVR and TV (only relevant if TV is 18Gbps) and if it works, use same cable from AVR to Linker and see if it works as well or not.
If problem post GUI screenshot so I can see what comes in/what goes out.
When you are having issue, see if Linker logo is flashing OFF when it cuts or not.

Linker logo does not blink, it stays solid. I do have 18gbs cable hdmi cables "apparently" I'm sure it works completely fine with my PS4 input, just not with my Virgin and chromecast input.

Please see the 2 attached images, 1 shows it working matching the colours then the other shows.it.not working.just showing demo colours. But after lol 1.5 seconds it starts working again but it just keeps looping like this randomly every 10 - 20 seconds or so.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15470644920332241388695732142288_1547064504353.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	2.75 MB
ID:	2508296   Click image for larger version

Name:	15470645115627283338763664300562_1547064562863.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	4.44 MB
ID:	2508298  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement